Home Sweet Home

Why am I such a home person. I love to be at home all the time, there are times I might get bored of my daily routine and wished I was out having fun. But I enjoy staying in. Even as a child my friends from school would ask me to hang outside with them, but I preferred to daydream and play music in my bedroom.

Looking at my chart is it because my Sun, Moon and mercury in Pisces are all diposited by Neptune in the 4th. My South Node is in Pisces too so maybe I have strong connections to escaping from reality through the home.

My Chart Below

cossie

ShiningRay,
I definately think your strong Neptune/Pisces placings are contributing to this feeling.Like you,my young daughter also has Neptune in the 4th house and she loves to be at home and spends hours entertaining herself with music,tv,toys and her imagination.
Also like you she has mars in aquarius and I think this makes you more inclined to follow your own personal pursuits regardless of what everybody else is doing.
Not sure, but maybe venus in capricorn in 5th lends to you solitary pursuits and need to feel grounded and secure.
Im a home person too,and love nothing better than having the house to myself , putting my music on and getting lost in my own world.
This is becoming harder for me lately as outlined in my recent post 'Overcoming my moon issues'

wilsontc

Staff member
home, to Rubella

Rubella,

Since you have Moon (home) focused in the 4th house (home), you have a strong connection to your home.

Homily,

Tim

Wow! me too! It's been real bad the last couple of years. I hate having to leave my house, I"m ok once I get to where I have to be, it's the having to leave part that gets me. I have to group everthing up outside of the house at one time so I don't have to go anywhere. I have the moon in my 4th house and neptune is in my 6th. Saturn is transiting my 3rd house(thank god it's almost over), so I really have no interest in communicating with any one or going anywhere. It's not that I don't like talking to people, I definatley have the "gift of gab" (gem asc) and could go on and on but I just don't want to. It took me 9 months to talk on this forum lolol. It will be intersting to see what happens when it transits my 4th and 5th stellium. Maybe I won't be such a hermit anymore!
Virgo

Yes have to agree with et al. I'd also add since your IC is ruled by Sco, your home, not only a place where you can get lost in (nep 4th) but also a place where you undergo very deep and transformative investigation.

I have cancer on my IC and I like being at home an emotional, despite the saturn there. I feel that I can take off my "social" mask and just be myself.

Thanks Homies :D .

I always used to think it was just strong Cancer/Moon or 4th house placements who had more of a home focus. I do need somewhere to retreat to away from the world. My home is my escape. I am intensely private in my home and I hate unexpected visitors, I wish they would just call before they visit me. I like peace and tranquility at home. I have never even been abroad in my life. I myself have spent days in solitude and have not spoken to people, it is just the way I am. When I was younger I enjoyed my nights out too but it doesn't interest me anymore. I spend a lot of time with my own thoughts and in my own world. It must be my Neptune escapism.

I have the same anxiety about moving home, although where I live isn't the most peaceful area. I keep to myself anyway and don't really socialize much here. But I worry about the whole change of moving and the upheaval. I have lived in the same area since I was born. Although I would like to move to a bigger home for when I have more children.

I always have this dream of the perfect home and perfect family, possibly to make up for the years when my home life was not so tranquil or peaceful.