The REAL Personality Types Made Relevant

Arian Maverick

Hello, everyone! :smile:

I was researching the 16 Myers-Briggs personality types and came across The REAL Personality Types Made Relevant, which I found quite amusing.

Here's the "summary":

As you probably already know, the Jungian personality sorters are intended to be a general, universal personality ID that divides people into one of sixteen distinct personality types, along axes if introverted (I) or extroverted (E), Sensing (S) or Intuitive (N), Thinking (T) or Feeling (F), and Judging (J) or Perceiving (P).

Now, there are many places which will tell you what this all means, but none of them are quite as...relevant to today's modern civilization as this one...

Perhaps to make this more astrological, we could each post the interpretation and find astrological indicators in our natal charts that support each characteristic. Of course, this would make this appear to be a serious exercise, which it is not. I was just looking for a neat way to make this fit into the category of "astrological humor." Was it obvious? :whistling:

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

katydid

I would be really curious to see if people with the same test results had similar chart characteristics. For example, I was classified INFP, which was surprising to me because I took the test once a long time ago, and got the same results, even though I think I have changed a lot since then.
Anyway, the IDEALIST ?

Maybe my 12th house Jupiter, 3 degrees from my Taurus ascendant, makes for the diagnosis. Or Neptune conjunct my Sun perhaps?

Arian Maverick

I would be really curious to see if people with the same test results had similar chart characteristics. For example, I was classified INFP, which was surprising to me because I took the test once a long time ago, and got the same results, even though I think I have changed a lot since then.
Anyway, the IDEALIST ?

I haven't taken the test, but I discovered the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator in a book I recently read, and I too identified myself as a INFP.

I did the test a few years ago....i am an ENFP...you can take the test here...http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Thanks for the link, Mr. Hyde! I think I may take the test to verify my results.

I am amazed that we have all NFP in common! Do you suppose certain types are attracted to astrology forums?

Arian Maverick

Styx

This was fun! Thanks for posting this, ArianMaverick!

I'm an ENTP type. The "rational inventor".

I'm an Aries sun, Virgo moon, Leo asc and Gemini Mars. I can def identify with the description of an inventor. I'm always looking for something better in terms of my life (Aries quality, I think) and I'm def always thinking, my mind is very, very active (Virgo/Gemini quality).
Qualities of an inventor, accoarding to this study :joyful:

Niplan

Banned
they already have this in astrology its where it came from, the temperments.

im an intj, in highschool i was entp

Hey frank, let me be your axeman and we can play chess together while i stream line your death star production.

Last edited:

hermetic

thanks for that link, it's funny.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16932

do you think it is weird I get different results every time depending on my mood? cancer asc does wonders for one's personality:rolleyes:

this time I got ISFP: The Crackpot
ISFPs live by the motto "Life is best approach--oh, look, potato chips!"

:crying: hmmm

but for anyone interested - suggested reading on astrological explanation of jungian psychological types here http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16932

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

Hey guys, just to clarify, the link I posted probably isn't the best introduction to the Myers-Briggs Persontality Type indicator--it's simply a parody of the descriptions, intended to be amusing.

I had originally contemplated creating a "serious" thread to discuss possible astrological indicators of the 16 Personality Types, but I found this link, and I thought it it would be fun to post.

Arian Maverick

JayM

Hermetic I took this test in year 1 of University and I am an ISFP, a crackpot? no. Unique mabie, crackpot no. My strong uranus with 3 aspects, its the ruler of my AC and venus in aqu might make me seem like this though.

I might be the idealist though. Im also moving into being more Extroverted then introverted.

AquaScorpio

I did the test a few years ago....i am an ENFP...you can take the test here...http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp :biggrin::biggrin:

I got the same exact results Mr Hyde, what is your sun/moon/merc/mars/venus if you dont mind me asking? Apparently we are Idealists, and more specifically champions...hmmm lol.

The job descriptions for this sign actually coincide with what people have told me I should do judging by the aspects in my chart. I actually enjoy helping people with their problems, I listen well and I offer up obejective solutions that they admit are very good ones. Plus it's easier for me to read other people than I can myself so who knows.

This test strongly resembles the employee test that alot of businesses require you to fill out after a succesful interview. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they used this test to hire people based on these types of people.

Arian Maverick

they already have this in astrology its where it came from, the temperments.

I am vaguely familiar with the temperaments, but I am interested to learn how you connect them to Myers-Briggs personality types.

Arian Maverick