Do you believe in God?

Neptune Rising

I do believe in God, but I wouldn't attepmt to define God. I am Catholic bapitised but I don't practice it. It has always taught me that God is something outside of myself, but I've studied the idea of God from other religions and philosophies and experiences and feel that God is within. This feels right for me. It doesn't feel right for me to follow anyone else's idea of what God and/or religion is so I don't follow any religion. And I wonder sometimes what it would have been like not to be given a religion at birth, but I'll never know.

I also have a planet in the 9th house, Pluto, I think he has influenced my need to understand religions and God. Pluto is trine South Node in the 6th to the degree but I haven't clue about that one.

NR

Last edited:

Torgo

I don't believe in a god-head. I have no idea why we're here and what happens when we die. For all we know we could just be pawns for another superior lifeform... kinda like their soap opera they watch. :D I dunno. But all I know is, at times I swear I've met people before and that past lives are a good possibility. So that's all I conjure up at the moment.

blueheron

Draco said:
Hi,

Whoever answers with this response really astonishes me quite a lot.

This is like saying, 'I believe that I am breathing but I don't believe that oxygen exists'.

Draco :?

Yes. Does one light a torch to see the Sun? The existence of God is self-evident.

sun.jpg

PEACE....

blueheron

Closer to you than your breathing, a priori to these very words, God is.

organic-cosmos.jpg

Our minds are a mere subset of (God) infinite intelligence, and like the eye that cannot see itself, the mind cannot understand itself. The very question, "Do you believe in God?" could not be uttered without the Divine breath that breathes it.

EJ53

Banned
I've always believed in God and in people, never doubting that each requires the other to "survive"/exist; both are a product of "creation" and the purpose of the latter is (currently) beyond our comprehension.

Astrology is a tool that takes us closer to understanding ourselves and our current role in that purpose. But, this does not yet extend beyond accepting the will of (our inner) God - by not allowing "freewill" to divert us from our charted path.

EJ:)

Sivitri

We can spend all day here discussing whether god exist but have we even found the answers to really knowing that god exists... We always ask ourselves if theres someone or something that governs everything in life. Our way of life... Our thinking... However i must remind that our lives are taken in control by ourselves. What our mind thinks our world reflects it, a person who is selfish and egoistic will see the world as a place to compete and only take in consideration their own lifes and do not care about anything outside. I am one for example, i live in my own world always. I tend to only do things my own way, i get frustrated why am i not like other people. So what happens when i want to only live in my own world? I give an impression of not caring for anyone else except myself. Yet people whose life they think is the worse of all, is to me a lesson that you really need to learn. Pain and suffering is all yet a good and a bad. Just like how life goes up and down... Happiness and Pain what a rollercoaster... whew...

Last edited:

smilingsteph

Our way of thinking our way of life is in control of each individual....
However how did we come into existance?
Since the death of my grandmother and of patients at work, even more than ever I believe that there is a god and an afterlife, not because I want to think that the mortality of us all has a beautiful end, but because it does...I have seen it...
Again when people that are highly religious question my enjoyment in the theory of astrology, I say "god created the heavens and the earth, why cant we study the heavens?"

Sivitri

Why do we need to even question if there is a god if each and one of us controls our own life? We came into existence because we are souls that need to learn something on this plane...Each persons life is a learning experience.

Last edited:

blueheron

Sivitri said:
Why do we need to even question if there is a god if each and one of us controls our own life? We came into existence because we are souls that need to learn something on this plane...Each persons life is a learning experience.

Yes, and who is the "you" that controls "your" own life? Trace that question all the way to source.

Claire19

Just trying to test the waters here. I wonder how people here relate to God and Astrology.
Please answer honestly. Nobody but you knows the answer you gave.
I believe in the godforce which is genderless and a piece of which we all have as part of our soul.....which never dies.. The planets and celestial bodies were created by this force and although the church has been responsible for decrying astrology as evil it is because it gives individuals power and knowledge and it was in their interests to keep the masses dumbed down and in fear...so as to have control and authority.

dr. farr

Answer to the initial thread question: YES I believe in the Unity (term which I use which includes the generic meaning of the word "God")

powerion

I believe i'm here to serve Gods will; through observation I know this is a fact. Truth is I grew up so different than i'm now, I never read the bible or even gave much considerate thought about God tbh. I noticed how life is a gift once I started seeing life as opportunity to end suffering in all ways. Life is full of suffering, and I say God gave us the choice to ACT with love or hate, good or bad in every moments thought. What better service than to have to daily prove your loyalty; that you have known this love and choose to live by it, not fear it in any forms, and to fully accpet it, to remember it and chase it passionately. Then you can start to pray to be knocked down as much as you pray for strength to stand up because that itself is a stroke of your brush on the canvas of your life. Once you start living for good you can, to steal a quote from the late Evan Tanner, "create a beautiful work of art with your life." We have the eyes, we have the knowing, we have the heart to see all these hells but to march on in the valley of the shadow of death because we are the ones that light it up!
Its weird light photons are individual particles just like us, yet they can act like waves, but there is no barriers of interaction between us just the ones we create, we create the spaces, light particles have no barries that I know of(that of a blackhole but I still believe mr stien that nothing can exceed light)...and you are like a star, part of a system of other stars which placement depends on all things around it, and all things it will ever come in contact with. So to go far in life would be going far in the universe, you must come in contact with all other things, people ..stars.. and equally adjust, these are the laws of physics as we know. So why do we avoid people like we dont see them shining?
The key is ACTION!

piercethevale

I believe i'm here to serve Gods will; through observation I know this is a fact. Truth is I grew up so different than i'm now, I never read the bible or even gave much considerate thought about God tbh. I noticed how life is a gift once I started seeing life as opportunity to end suffering in all ways. Life is full of suffering, and I say God gave us the choice to ACT with love or hate, good or bad in every moments thought. What better service than to have to daily prove your loyalty; that you have known this love and choose to live by it, not fear it in any forms, and to fully accpet it, to remember it and chase it passionately. Then you can start to pray to be knocked down as much as you pray for strength to stand up because that itself is a stroke of your brush on the canvas of your life. Once you start living for good you can, to steal a quote from the late Evan Tanner, "create a beautiful work of art with your life." We have the eyes, we have the knowing, we have the heart to see all these hells but to march on in the valley of the shadow of death because we are the ones that light it up!
Its weird light photons are individual particles just like us, yet they can act like waves, but there is no barriers of interaction between us just the ones we create, we create the spaces, light particles have no barries that I know of(that of a blackhole but I still believe mr stien that nothing can exceed light)...and you are like a star, part of a system of other stars which placement depends on all things around it, and all things it will ever come in contact with. So to go far in life would be going far in the universe, you must come in contact with all other things, people ..stars.. and equally adjust, these are the laws of physics as we know. So why do we avoid people like we dont see them shining?
The key is ACTION!
You may like to do a little research into this...
"Ha-Makom" or המקום , "the place", "the omnipresent"
and the "Tzimtzum"....this is a good place to start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzimtzum

"Prior to Creation, there was only the infinite Or Ein Sof filling all existence. When it arose in G-d's Will to create worlds and emanate the emanated...He contracted (in Hebrew "tzimtzum") Himself in the point at the center, in the very center of His light. He restricted that light, distancing it to the sides surrounding the central point, so that there remained a void, a hollow empty space, away from the central point... After this tzimtzum... He drew down from the Or Ein Sof a single straight line [of light] from His light surrounding [the void] from above to below [into the void], and it chained down descending into that void.... In the space of that void He emanated, created, formed and made all the worlds." Etz Chaim, Arizal, Heichal A"K, anaf 2

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

Yes, I believe in God as a higher consciousness that unites us. Like the ultimate consciousness that created us... I think "he" is all of us at the same time. But I dont agree with the church and its rules... Its too political, too many limitations, judging. Maybe it was needed back in the days when people were more primitive? Or used for power over people somehow. But you should be able to make your own decisions and learn from it. Things like being gay is wrong, no sex outside the marriage and so on and so on just feels unholy to me. Gays are hated, children born outside the marriage are not welcome and you name it. I got a close up on this in my life being raised in a catholic family. This old religions just dont suit "the group consciousness" as it is today. Aquarian age right? And all the little rebels:)

Mark

Religions were never really "needed" in the first place. In fact, tools such as religion and business have been used to make people more primitive. The Catholic church is a great example. Jesus walked about telling everyone about the kingdom of God already present on Earth, within the hearts and minds of every child of God. The Catholics readily say, "Jesus started our church," but then say the same thing that they've been saying for two thousand years: "If you want to talk to God, you need to go to our church and talk to our priests." Why is confession to a priest superior to confession in the heart before the eyes of God?

The Catholics are easy to pick on, but it's far from being a Catholic problem. All divisions, including all religions, have been used this way, East and West. As the old saying goes, "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful." Every "ism" is a schism that separates brother from brother.

Vagabondgirl

The Adam and Eve story is an interesting metaphore. That they were first in paradise and then banned from there....

According to the bible or the church we may still go to this paradise or heaven. The apple is maybe the knowledge of life we get through living it. Or perhaps the snake says that there is some shortcut in getting this "knowledge" by eating the apple, but that the real knowledge has to be learnt by suffering and being physical beings, cause we can experience pain in our bodies. When we are spirits we dont need to be hunger or feel such bodily pain.

The snake/satan might be the bodily pleasures... He likes temptation and things like that. And I guess we are tempted to feed our basic needs: food, sex and other materials. But there is no longterm gain or mental/emotional/spiritual growth that way. We need to work ourselves up to it. God gets angry because we are not responsible enough? And shows us to be like him through evolution of the souls perhaps? That its a long process to be like him again...

The Father the Son and the Holy spirit, trinity. Maybe some part of our "program". We have a body, a soul and a higher consciousness (God) or something like that... The son Jesus was a human like us, and he wanted to take all our sufferings onto himself. I would think he was something like a last stage of a human life before he goes back to God. I think every human being has such a potential. Makes me think about reincarnation too and Buddhism. The evolution of the soul, which is cut out from christianity. Just some theories of my own:)