Strange Sabian Synchronicity @ Virgo 10.

Draco

Hi all,

I'm just posting to share a weird experience I had with the Sabian Symbols on the Astrology Weekly site.

I was browsing through the site, when I decided to use the Sabian Symbols generator. I didn't have any particular question in mind, so I just emptied my thoughts and just opened up to whatever came. The symbol generated was:

VIRGO 10:''TWO HEADS LOOKING OUT AND BEYOND THE SHADOWS.''

This caught my interest, because my descendant is at Virgo 10. I wondered what this may have meant, but I didn't give the symbol much consideration.

Straight after, I went onto the William Lilly Horary section, where I read the 'Philosopher's Stone' reading from Christian Astrology. Upon reaching the bottom of the text, I was struck by the bold type sentence:

''Virgo 10: Two heads looking out and beyond the shadows''!

I was amazed at this coincidence, as this is the sabian symbol I had just generated, but had thought little about.

Above the Sabian phrase there is a symbolic representation of the Philosophers Stone, featuring a dragon with two heads with necks entwined, one with the Sun at one side and one with the Moon at the other.

I was so suprised about this occurance that it caused me to look at my chart and think about this at bit more. I knew that my descendant was Virgo 10, but then I noticed something significant. The Sun and Moon in the alchemical drawing in the Lilly article, made me mindful of the Sun and the Moon in my chart. Then I realised. My Sun and Moon midpoint is at Virgo 10 conjunct my descendant. (Two heads=Sun/Moon, looking out and beyond the shadows=DC).

I found it strange and deeply personal, and I wonder what message is being related in this occurance. How odd, that a set of seemingly arbitrary, random and nonsense set of sentences can, even without intending it can have such a direct resonance. I had already ignored the symbol once, and then it jumped out at me again, and caused me to discover the Sun/Moon connection. Weird!

When I have tried before to generate a symbol wanting a specific answer, I have never been able to make much sense of it. When I drew the symbol I didn't give it any prior thought. Perhaps the more spontaneous the draw the more significant the symbol? Who knows? Try it. It has certainly given me something to think about.

Somehow it seems that we can't will these things to happen, synchronicity seems to slip through when you don't expect it.

Draco. :wink:

Draco

...........Now this is very strange, just after I posted this I generated another symbol I while concentrated upon further insight into the previous one. The degree generated was PISCES 10, my ascendant!!!

I think I have been very lucky to get two such significant draws in a row. This has given me more than enough to think about. I think I'll leave it at that and not probe the oracle any further. Very strange!

Buai

A slight twist for you...

Draco

Your Descendant is 10Virgo32, right?
That is actually considered the 11th degree.
See, if you look at it from say, the first degree?
0virgo32 is in the first degree of Virgo, once it gets to 1Virgo00, it's in the second degree.

The irony is...your Venus is at 9Virgo43.
Ie. the 10th degree Virgo! :wink:

Here is another twist for you.
The keynote of that degrees' symbol = "The growth of true understanding, born out of the transcendance of duality even while immersed in the world of duality."

Quite interesting if you add your Neptune/MC - Sun sqaure (?) :p

Draco

Hi Buai,

Thanks for responding.

I now realise I was mistaken in considering Virgo 10, to be my midpoint symbol. I am now aware that if the degree is beyond its 30th second, then the degree is rounded up. However I am sure some people do not round the degrees up?

In any case I think it is even more of an amazing coincidence seeing as I unwittingly made a mistake and this should have had so much personal significance.

If it is in fact Venus, which is symbolised by 'TWO FACES LOOKING OUT AND BEYOND THE SHADOWS', then strangely, a Venusian theme would seem to be in the alchemical drawing as well. The image not only has the Sun and Moon on either side (like the Sun/Moon either side of my Venus/DSC) but perhaps the dragon would also describe the nature of Venus when Radu writes: '...intertwined heads represent the perfect balancing and harmonisation...' (Venus/DSC)

If I had made a mistake in attributing Virgo 10's symbol to my DSC, then this was a beautiful example of serendipity. The Sabian Symbol, the 'Philosophers Stone' alchemical Sun/Moon drawing and the fact that I observed that the Moon/Sun midpoint was on my DSC/Venus seemed so very strangely appropriate. It was as if the alchemical drawing was a symbolic representation of the Sabian Symbol, as well as a significant aspect of my birthchart, and to have been lead to it so directly twice in succession and purely by 'chance'!

Strange also, Draco means 'dragon'.

It is strange sometimes, that when you make a mistake, that mistake turns out to reveal something which you would not otherwise have discovered or realised.

Out of curiosity, I looked up the Symbol for Virgo 11: where my Sun/Moon midpoint and DC should really be symbolised. 'IN HER BABY A MOTHER SEES HER DEEP LONGING FOR A SON ANSWERED' Perhaps there is something of alchemy in this also. The polarities of mother and son, male and female would be the Sun and Moon. The 'deep longing for' is the DC, for it is the place where we reach out and connect with something other. 'Answered' is also the DSC, because we only need ourselves to pose questions (ASC) but we must engage with something 'other' to find 'answers' (DSC). A baby is also symbolic of Sun/Moon interaction, it is a made of a combination of Lunar and Solar polarities, emerging from the parent to become an'other' (DSC).

It was Virgo 10 Symbol that really stood out though.

Draco. :wink:

Lapis

Draco,

Oh I love it when these sort of teachings come pushing their way through to us from the Unseen! What wonderful guidance you've been getting today from.....? :) Today is also the New Moon at 11 Virgo so a lot is trying to make its way into your conscious mind now it seems!!! I left a link on another forum where you can read about this New Moon.....

The symbology of the 2 dragon/serpent heads intertwinded probably is trying to tell you about your own kundalini energy and the male/female within yourself. Both in your mind/body and in the 2 hemispheres of your brain. By integrating these polarities within each of us, regardless of sex, we become a new 3rd thing - beyond polarity. Like with the Philosophers Stone we begin the actual physical transmutation process right within our bodies and we start to turn Lead (Saturn physicality) into Gold (spirituality). You have 10 or nearly 11 degrees on the 1st/7th house axis? With Pisces ASC? Me too but a different degree.

So the Sun just transited into the UPPER HALF of your natal chart also (by entering the 7th). This alone indicates a change of focus and direct now. It's the natural house of Libra and Libra does what? It trys, TRYS to balance. Here's another symbol of your '2 heads looking out beyond the shadows.' Yin/Yang, male/female, night/day, positive/negative charge, inner/outer balance etc. Your Sun/Moon midpoint is 10 Virgo conjunct descendant......1st/7th, self/all others.

This is really nice Draco! I think you're being shown that you're now in a process of integrating some polarities, some energies within yourself. This will help you to transform your Lead into Gold. Very cool stuff.

There are NO mistakes, there are NO accidents. You did really well with this spiritual lesson and it was as much about you trusting the process and not getting in the way, as it was about the specific information you gained. This is real learning IMO! Be proud
neptuneface6hg.gif
and thanks for sharing it all with the rest of us so we can learn from it too!

Draco

Lapis,

The symbology of the 2 dragon/serpent heads intertwinded probably is trying to tell you about your own kundalini energy and the male/female within yourself. Both in your mind/body and in the 2 hemispheres of your brain. By integrating these polarities within each of us, regardless of sex, we become a new 3rd thing - beyond polarity. Like with the Philosophers Stone we begin the actual physical transmutation process right within our bodies and we start to turn Lead (Saturn physicality) into Gold (spirituality).

It is strange that these symbolic occurances should be arising more and more intensly as Pluto approaches my Neptune/MC and Uranus hovers around my ASC. In fact I only got access to the net when Uranus exacted my ASC, then the floodgates opened and I'm learning ten times more ten times quicker than I ever did. These synchronicities occur more frequently when I'm doing something connected to astrology.

This Sun/Moon symbolism is strange, because just a few weeks ago I did a horary asking ''What will be the ultimate culmination of my astrological studies?''. I was amazed at the result because the Moon was my significator and exactly conjunct the Sun in cazimi in the 2nd house. The Sun was also in the ruler of the second cusp. I posted this horary on another sites forum, and part of my interpretation went:

The Moons conjunction here shows that I have an aptitude for astrology, it illustrates the union of heart and mind, left brain and right brain and the axiom, 'as above, so below'. This conjunction shows that I have the neccesary balance of polarity between logic and intuition to pursue astrology as both an art and as a science and therefore enact magick. The cazimi significator shows that the discoveries I can make in astrology will be about the nature of my own psyche, a bridge between the concious and the unconcious, the waking life and the dream-time. Through tuning into synchronicity, I can bring light into darkness, bring the hitherto unknown or unseen to concious comprehension. The Moon cazimi may reveal I can expect the bringing of illumination, so the chart speaks of revelation itself.

Strange how this parallels what you just posted! I love it when one synchronicity gives rise to the next.

Also you mentioned lead and gold:

The Sun as the ruler of the 2nd would symbolise gold. Gold would in turn symbolise success, therefore it shows I have potential talent in this area. It is also treasure, showing what a valuable resource I will discover astrology to be. It might also mean that perhaps at some point I may find I am able to profit from astrology.

Now I didn't realise the association with lead until I read your post. When I posted this reading, the person who I was discussing the chart with me said that there was severe limitations to the chart, as Saturn was not far from the ascendant in the 1st. I disagreed however, as the POF was exactly conjunct the ascendant, therefore ruling the 1st and Saturn, lessening a malefic effect. Not only this, but the midpoint of the POF and the Sun/Moon cazimi, was right upon Saturn! Now I think about it, how alchemical is that! I'm sure I'll have no trouble turning my lead into gold. (Saturn=lead, POF/Sun/Moon=alchemy,gold) If the POF/Sun/Moon midpoint symbolise alchemical transformation, then the fact that they land right over Saturn illustrates the transformation process from lead to gold, from the worthless to the valuable.

Further to the Sun/Moon and dragon symbolism. I have often had an inclination to draw a very specific symbolic picture, at one stage I would be doing this constantly again and again. I would draw a serpent in a figure of 8, so that at the middle of the figure it would be swallowing its own tail. In the top hoop of the 8, I would draw a stylised sun, and in the bottom one I would style a moon. I would work for a long time on the images, very careful and be particular about the detail of everything. Mostly I would be urged to colour in the scales in the order of the colours of the rainbow. Once I had drawn one I would be compelled to draw another until I'd be surrounded by figure 8 sun/moon serpents. It just gave me a sense of total satisfaction to get the image out. This was before I ever had any idea that it might have a symbolic correlation with my birthchart, as it would seem. It was the Sabian Symbol that brought me to this point of realisation. In fact, stranger still, I am aware of a spiritual guide of mine in the form a great emerald green serpent. She is my totem. I sense that this serpent is feminine, and I associate it with Venusian qualities. In fact I first started to become aware of this guide at around the time I was doing the drawings. As I have always associated this most elusive of guides with Venus, in realising that I have the Sun/Moon midpoint on my DC/Venus has brought me to a greater realisation of the presence of this serpent guide with me. Of any discarnate intelligence I have sensed about me, she is the hardest to pin down, the most mysterious and subtle. It seems shes made herself known to me big time on this occasion.

In fact I think I'll post my cazimi Moon horary on this sites forum, to see if I can get any insights from others.

Is your DC/AC axis the same as mine, across Pisces/Virgo 10/11?

Thankyou for being a link in my synchronistic chain.

Draco :wink:

Lapis

Draco,

"Once an Initiate, always an Initiate."

You are on a roll girl! I'm not familiar with Horary so I can't speak to any of that, but you are being triggered in a big way it sounds.

The figure 8 when laid on its side - horizontally, is the ancient symbol of 'Infinity'. I get the strong sense that in a past life you were an Initiate within a Mystery School that dealt with these same energies. The emerald green serpent is ancient and powerful. Trying to balance or integrate the Solar and Lunar archetypes is a big job. It sounds like these old teachings are currently being reactivated in this 'You' now and I'd guess that's due to the Outer planets transiting strong areas in your natal.

I have 0 degrees Pisces 49' ASC (not 10 or 11) so transiting Uranus is in my 1st. and transiting Neptune in my intercepted 12th! Yep its wake up time for so many of us who've been taught the many ancient occult 'Arts/Sciences' in past lives already. Evidently we all need them to be brought up to the conscious level now to learn/teach/share/heal/create anew etc.

For years I've remembered a male past life in Asia with a Master. I had a meditational vision in which I (as the male I was back then) saw these 2 enormous Dragons undulating, dancing, weaving back and forth with each other out in space. It was beautiful and these Dragons and their energies were so powerful that it was a bit scary though. One was female and the other male. They struggled to unite and become 'ONE' single entity again, but it was so hard here.........When I came out of this meditation I asked the Master Teacher why the Dragons struggled so. He laughed and said that it was their Eternal Dance with each other that caused the planets to spin! They gave us day and night, yin/yang, polarity in physicality - the Infinity symbol in constant motion. These Dragons are also in each of us......"as above so below". This Master had a beautiful large tapestry with an emerald green dragon with heavy gold threads hanging on a wall inside the Temple!

Thank you for being a link in my synchronistic chain too!
yinyanghappyface9vg.gif

Draco

Hi Lapis,

Firstly,

You are on a roll girl!

I'm a boy not a girl! (the vowel ended name probably)

This is the second time tonight. On another forum someone thought I was a girl as well! In fact that happened twice in a row, so I ought to be mindful of the synchronicity:

The symbology of the 2 dragon/serpent heads intertwinded probably is trying to tell you about your own kundalini energy and the male/female within yourself. Both in your mind/body and in the 2 hemispheres of your brain. By integrating these polarities within each of us, regardless of sex, we become a new 3rd thing - beyond polarity.

Now how symbolic is that. Like I said, I seem to be on a synchronistic roll at the minute.

I also feel that the snake symbolism may resonate with one of my own former lives. I was a dark skinned woman with wild hair, somewhere in North East Africa, although not Egypt. She was a priestess member of a cult in which snakes were considered sacred, and rites and rituals would be performed in underground passageways and caverns built for the purpose. Part of the ceremony involved having the snakes all over you, and in coming to no harm, showed the favour of the Gods. I believe my fondness for snakes and my serpent spirit guide my have something to do with this.

Draco is Latin for 'snake', 'dragon', 'serpent' or 'devil', in Latin there is no differentiation between these words.

Just a thought on other lives. I remember out of curiosity one day, deciding to open a dictionary at random, and take the first word I saw as a clue relating to a past life, the word was: 'Buddhist'. I hadn't expected for something so clear! I was a failed Buddhist obviously, because I'm still here! Unless of course I took the Boddhisatva vow, which is a scary thought. I feel spiritual teaching and philosophy has been a theme throughout my lives, but then, surely its the ultimate theme in all our lives in the end. My sister did the same thing with the dictionary after me and she got: 'Ottoman' - a member of the former Turkish empire. It was strange how we both got words which directly related to types of people, as if to confirm another life.

I often did wonder as to exactly why I was so compelled to draw figure 8 rainbow Sun/Moon serpents all the time. The Sabian Symbol did a lot to answer that for me. I suppose such a drawing would seem alchemical, and I remember reading a Carl Jung book called 'Man and His Symbols', in which he discussed alchemical artwork and how it all expressed great universal archetypes from the collective unconcious in symbolic form. I suppose when I drew all these, and of course the recent chain of coincidences, would show that my psyche is calling out for individuation. It would seem that as these occurances are happening more frequently since I've been really concentrating on astrology, I suppose I can take that as a sign that I'm on the right path.

Draco :wink:

Lapis

Draco,

bowdownemo5dz.gif
A thousand pardons kind SIR! Sorry about that, I wasn't absolutely sure. I've been mistaken for a male myself. There should be a rule where we all have to state age and sex! But as you say, the symbols and synchronicities have been screaming at you lately.

That was very interesting about your life underground as a female Snake Initiate, she was a lot of what I think I was feeling around you now. Whatever your going through, its very strong. Well done Draco.

Draco

Ha ha, :lol:

That's okay Lapis. It's probably the names. Have you never noticed that girls names tend to end in vowels and boys in consonants? I think this comes from the ancient world, as I've noticed that in Greek mythology all Goddesses names end in a vowel and all God's names end in a consonant. The only exceptions there seem to be are twins Apollo and Artemis, because Apollo was meant to have the feminine attributes and Artemis the masculine ones.

Like the little animated thingies by the way.

:wink:

V

violetflame

8)

hello all, had to interject. just discovered the Sabian symbols and this site, yesterday. I already found all the SS for my natal chart and guess what, I have Pluto Vigro 9-10, Two Heads Looking out and Beyond the Shadows ...
I was looking for the interpreations for my symbols and I just found another one !
cheers,
Violet Flame

pwadm

Staff member
Just discovered this topic - extremely interesting... let me say just that.

Draco, there is really truth in your Sun-Moon midpoint connection to alchemy! I just checked it for myself and there were really interesting results.

Now, the surprise... it just came to me to go to the Sabian Symbols' Oracle page and ask for a symbol related with the Sun-Moon midpoint... try to guess, which one was it ?...

Yes, you guessed right: it was
VIRGO 10:''TWO HEADS LOOKING OUT AND BEYOND THE SHADOWS.'' Now, could someone explain how in the world did this happen? From 360 possible symbols, I got "randomly" the exact symbol you were talking about...

That's another really amazing piece of synchronicity... Or just another link in the synchronicity chain... ?

Lapis

Well there sure sounds like a message, a learning, an answer is trying very hard to make it's way through to a few of us here!

The main thing that I see with this is exactly what you asked on another thread..."Channeling or Analysis" Radu. I think those are the "Two Heads looking out and beyond the shadows".

I had to pull out my Sabian Symbols book to see what in the world 10 Pisces was. It's "An aviator in the clouds." Hum.....

Its looking to me like we all are being taught by the Unseen about our beliefs in different 'separations'. Male/female or right brain/left brain, or Light/Dark, or positive/negative, or intellect/intuition etc. etc.

I think we're being taught to get past these beliefs that we are separated within ourselves, our minds and bodies. Release these incorrect beliefs and use all aspects of ourselves and we instantly have the ability to "see beyond the shadows". Wouldn't the midpoint of our Sun/Moon be indicating the very same thing?
2cents1kb.gif

K

kat

:?: Perhaps I am misinformed or you use another system.
Is a sabian symbol different than a Sabian point ?
If the two are the same thing then wouldn't the influence be of whatever aries says in your chart be the source and some of the answer?
If it does not have much in the natal /radex then it would be an outer influence and things would be signified by all things at that degree in your chart as well as aries within a close orb.
When a planet makes its way by degree10 and when the aries is near this degree , it should unfold the meaning behond the ponder.
Look to the Aries / libra axis keep an eye out.
You were lead to Virgo/pisces axis constellaions are large so read up on some of the prominant stars if any as well in that area of planetary placements.
That is if we are talking about the same thing .

K

kat

Right now the lunar nodes are in an a Aries /Libra axis close within the orb you speak of ..
Check it for yourself see if it tells you anything.
You speak of two heads , your answer is upon you.
Look through your chart , how is it influence?
Look by sign and degree, the answer is right there.
Look at the planetary and moon nodes as well as you should be having a lunar return right quick as well .

S

Sunshine

Draco,

I found your thread by way of direction through Lynda Hill's Sabian site.
Your experience is syncronistic and also those mentioned by other members regarding Virgo 10. I wanted share a synchronistic experience as well.

On Lynda's site I asked a question regarding a long held project. It came up with the exact degree and sign of my sun, Aries 11. My sun is at Aries 11 deg. 11, in house 11. Guess that's pretty good confirmation.

Sunshine

theV

Virgo 10 Two heads looking out and beyond the shadows This is a symbol of man’s transcendental powers of comprehension, emphasized here in his ability to reduce all knowledge to exact and efficient formulas. His stereoscopic reason gives him an intellectual genius on the one hand and endows him with an exceptional mechanical sense in everyday or practical realms on the other. The inner and outer facets of reality are merged in the effectiveness of his judgment. The keyword is intelligence. When positive, the degree is a superb capacity for seeing both sides in every issue and so bringing all the various phases of human enterprise to some unity of common purpose, and when negative, hopeless fragmentation of self within itself.

It might mean indecisiveness and ability to read people and situation. a person with this degree is above average smart