Astro-Transit Alert: Saturn Opposes Neptune: August 2006-August 2007

Did The 2006-07 Saturn-Neptune Opposition Affect You?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Little

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • More Than A Lot

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Theo

Banned
**2008 UPDATE: Effects of The 2006/2007 Saturn-Neptune Opposition**

EFFECTS OF THE SATURN-NEPTUNE OPPOSITION
How Bankers Gambled Away The Future
By Theodore White, Judicial Astrologer
Update/August 2008

It has been two years since I published my article on the 2006-07 Saturn transit through tropical Leo and its opposition to Neptune in Aquarius. As the world enters a new year in 2009, we can look back at some of the events that have taken place through this Saturn-Neptune opposition, and its effects as a new opposition from Saturn to Uranus begins to take place. This is how we learn and practice astrology in its purest forms, by observing the effects of transits, especially of the superior planets, and note the effects on local, regional, and global affairs.

To understand the effects of outer planet transits, it is important to view world events through the eyes of astrology, and how previous transits lead to coming events through others. In this case, Saturn's transit through the signs of Gemini, Cancer, and Leo, have led to the current world financial crisis. As Saturn transits Virgo, a mutable "release" from the Saturn-Neptune opposition has been taking place since August 2007, when the world first began to suffer the effects of massive corruption in the financial markets, with the resulting "credit crisis."

The major event since August 2007 was the collapse of the investment banking market through the mortgage securities scandals which has led to massive losses in the tens of billions throughout the world, especially in North America and Europe.

The foreclosures of tens of thousands of homes, and the destruction of the mortgage market through gambling by bankers, and mortgage firms has led to a recessionary crisis in America and Europe. See the YouTube links below on this subject. Video parts 1-3 runs about 9-10 minutes, but is well worth the watch.

See ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmPH56aScDA&feature=related

Part 2 ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EnxVnxGI44&feature=related

Part 3 ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kq_vJi56Xw&feature=related

Transiting Saturn Opposes Transiting Neptune
Cycle: August 2006 to August 2007
First Published: August 10, 2006

Coming at the end of August 2006 is the first of three strong oppositions between transiting Saturn in tropical Leo and Neptune in tropical Aquarius. This transit lasts for one-year globally and will affect many millions of people and the world in general during its strongest oppositions ~

August/September 2006
February/March 2007
June/July/August 2007

Overall, because the orb is wider with the trans-Saturnian planets - expect this powerful malefic influence between Saturn/Neptune to cover the entire year between late August 2006 through to late August 2007

Here is a generalized account of what to expect, and observe during this strong Saturn/Neptune opposition ~

Look for spreading signs of mental illness... evading work, responsibilities... drug and alcohol abuse... excessive gambling... wasting of valuable resources... Wider signs of paranoid behavior in the general public, communities... organizations, inter-personal relationships that are clouded... blaming others for one's own problems... self-pity... brooding... childish outbursts.... mistrust, and general neurotic activity/behavior...

Guard against underhanded business practices as many influenced by this Saturn/Neptune transit will use dishonesty in their professional dealings that later will be made public of past hidden actions that will lead to loss of reputation, break-ups of relationships and personal and public disgrace... there are secret enemies who are also influenced by the opposition who will forget that "what goes around... comes around..."

Note the way impractical ideas are pushed... the schemes created while these malefic individuals attempt to undermine those who either are weak, or those who call for more clarity before taking part.... Know that secret enemies are real during this Saturn/Neptune opposition, however, also know that these very enemies are under the same influence while ignoring the later ramifications of their actions being revealed publically...

Economic clarity suffers during the Saturn/Neptune opposition... guard against irresponsible people who push impractical ideas and schemes between August 2006 and August 2007...

Emotional depression in relationships is common under this opposition... painful memories being activated via fear, mistrust, and neurotic behaviors spread widely in public & private situations... people can feel extremely alone... anxieties...with rising insecurities.... individuals strongly influenced by the Saturn/Neptune opposition can "appear to be cooperating" within relationships, but secretly try to undermine them by evading responsibilities to be up front and honest....

There is a lack of discipline with this opposition... therefore, to counteract the influence, push for strict honesty and practicality (Capricornian traits) throughout the Saturn/Neptune opposition... Add to this a more optimistic, but realistic attitude/outlook and apply a strong practical attitude toward one's responsibilities while keenly observing the Saturn/Neptune transit in action throughout the world...

Watch your money speading, and avoid wasting excess change... rather, spend wisely and save as this opposition is known to cause many people to become foolish with their earnings and savings, mostly through gambling... This has serious implications when Saturn enters tropical Virgo and works towards an opposition to transiting Uranus in Pisces later in this decade...

During this Saturn/Neptune opposition... guard against wild claims/viewpoints from those within religious institutions, media, cultural groups that are pushing negative information on the public that cause the Saturn/Neptune opposition to activate negatively... Dishonesty is at a peak during oppositions of this kind...

Rather... cultivate practical, common sense, cheerfulness, and earthy attitudes in your words and actions while remaining on guard for those who are deeply influenced by the Saturn/Neptune opposition during the most powerful months of this opposition as noted above.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

On another group, someone mentioned yesterday's 'alert' regarding possible terrorist attacks, and how anything of fluid content is no longer allowed IN the suitcase at airport controls, as an example of the applying Saturn-Neptune conjunction.
The mass hysteria (Neptune in Aquarius) it produces, yet the caution (Saturn)that governing bodies (Leo) must take to get a grip on the situation and prevent such attacks could be perceived from this conjunction ?
I think that, five years after 9/11, counter-intelligence, through Neptune, has 'infiltrated' the religious fanatics organisations, regardless of personal life. This can only be seen as a positive expression of this opposition.

Saturn continues to within orb trine Pluto before retrograding, and makes an exact orb to its retrograde position before and during both their moves into their respective following Earth signs. This also seems a very positive development regarding the battle against terrorism.

Just a thought.

F.

Liatris

Theo -

No Kidding ! I am chronically and seriously medically ill and my high-functioning and extremely abusive husband (who I am dependent upon because I cannot work to leave) is going off the deep end so badly now. He is mentally ill and always displaying the negative traits that you described only now he's WAY worse ! Along with this opposition happening, Transiting Neptune is Conjunct His Natal Sun and, of course, Transiting Saturn is opposition his Natal Sun. He is the ultimate astrologically influenced puppet. Talk about twisting reality, "poor me"/self-pity (to the point where he attacks me), deception, lies, betrayal, raging, blaming - AND he seems to take on an entitled almost proud of it attitude ! He has become like some over-testosteroned Gorilla beating his chest, yelling and throwing branches around in order to create the largest mess and assertion of control possible. His natal Sun is 18 Aquarius so I guess it is going to get even worse as Saturn gets closer to 18 Leo (with Neptune already at 18 Aquarius). But I am hoping this will settle down since the full moon was just at 17 Aquarius sitting on is Sun and Transiting Neptune and Oppostion Transiting Saturn. I am afraid the FM did not have much to do with it. Does anyone have any ideas for me - at all - any out of the box ideas are welcomed?

Thank you,

Liatris

Theo

Banned
Liatris said:
Theo -

No Kidding ! I am chronically and seriously medically ill and my high-functioning and extremely abusive husband (who I am dependent upon because I cannot work to leave) is going off the deep end so badly now. He is mentally ill and always displaying the negative traits that you described only now he's WAY worse ! Along with this opposition happening, Transiting Neptune is Conjunct His Natal Sun and, of course, Transiting Saturn is opposition his Natal Sun. He is the ultimate astrologically influenced puppet. Talk about twisting reality, "poor me"/self-pity (to the point where he attacks me), deception, lies, betrayal, raging, blaming - AND he seems to take on an entitled almost proud of it attitude ! He has become like some over-testosteroned Gorilla beating his chest, yelling and throwing branches around in order to create the largest mess and assertion of control possible. His natal Sun is 18 Aquarius so I guess it is going to get even worse as Saturn gets closer to 18 Leo (with Neptune already at 18 Aquarius). But I am hoping this will settle down since the full moon was just at 17 Aquarius sitting on is Sun and Transiting Neptune and Oppostion Transiting Saturn. I am afraid the FM did not have much to do with it. Does anyone have any ideas for me - at all - any out of the box ideas are welcomed?

Thank you,

Liatris

Hi Liatris,

Those positions will be activated by the Saturn/Neptune Opposition I am afraid to say... However, during this time, you may want to also know that there are things you can do to help as you have knowledge of these transits, and the personal natal positions involved.

Try paying attention to your diet (and his if he is capable) - most people have a shortage of Magnesium and Calcium in their diets, so a supplement added to your food intake of these minerals will greatly help with these transits. Calcium and Magnesium work very well together and help a person to remain balanced mentally as well as physically. Taking the supplements every day with food can help restore emotional and mental balamce. Have you been paying attention to your diet (and his?).

lilllybelle

Back in 2003 transiting neptune opposed my natal saturn for about a year or so. It was a time of tremendous growth for me. Oddly enough some of the same stuff that was in issue for me that year is starting to come back up. This time saturn is conjunct my sun moon midpoint. I don't expect it to be as intense at the last time. I had been recently divorced during the time of my 2003 transit. Everynight I would have painful dreams about my ex being with other girls and about him not loving me anymore. Sleep was so painful. Then I would wake up and start telling myself to get over it. That the marriage was over so I just needed to let those feelings go(Neptune=bad dreams, Saturn= face reality and get over it attitude). In retrospect I don't think it was very positive to just tell myself to get over it and to constantly not allow myself to just have those feelings and sit with them. The dreams have suddenly started back up again. Last night was different though. In the dream I was begging him to love me again, and then I just stepped back and said well If she makes you happy then go be with her. I felt a wave of good feeling pass through me even though the feeling of sadness was still there. I think I made a step towards letting go last night. In the morning I woke up and told myself to get over it, and then I caught myself and I said no I'm going to let myself feel the pain of the loss. I think I'm starting to grow. Nep/Sat makes me want to grow and be a better person. I'm also having the old "my job makes me less spiritual and I want to run away and focus on the growth of my soul" dilema. When I focus on my soul work, it feels really good. Sincerly, Lilllybelle

Liatris

Hi Theo-

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I take a lot of both magnesium and calcium. I am a licensed nutritionist (when I work) and do the best I can. My husband is totally inconsistent - he sticks to nothing and I can't force him.

I really need to find some way to survive without him - his twisting of reality, outbursts etc are not something I can be around and get well - extreme stress - long story. My supplemental needs (even with my professional discount) alone are too expensive for me to survive on the resources that are normally available if I were to go on gov't assistance. I have a lot of medically related expense. I am searching out of the box regarding all of this but have not been successful so far.

Thanks for your article. I was wondering if I was the only one thinking about this transit.

Theo

Banned
lilllybelle said:
Back in 2003 transiting neptune opposed my natal saturn for about a year or so. It was a time of tremendous growth for me. Oddly enough some of the same stuff that was in issue for me that year is starting to come back up. This time saturn is conjunct my sun moon midpoint. I don't expect it to be as intense at the last time. I had been recently divorced during the time of my 2003 transit. Everynight I would have painful dreams about my ex being with other girls and about him not loving me anymore. Sleep was so painful. Then I would wake up and start telling myself to get over it. That the marriage was over so I just needed to let those feelings go(Neptune=bad dreams, Saturn= face reality and get over it attitude). In retrospect I don't think it was very positive to just tell myself to get over it and to constantly not allow myself to just have those feelings and sit with them. The dreams have suddenly started back up again. Last night was different though. In the dream I was begging him to love me again, and then I just stepped back and said well If she makes you happy then go be with her. I felt a wave of good feeling pass through me even though the feeling of sadness was still there. I think I made a step towards letting go last night. In the morning I woke up and told myself to get over it, and then I caught myself and I said no I'm going to let myself feel the pain of the loss. I think I'm starting to grow. Nep/Sat makes me want to grow and be a better person. I'm also having the old "my job makes me less spiritual and I want to run away and focus on the growth of my soul" dilema. When I focus on my soul work, it feels really good. Sincerly, Lilllybelle

Hi Lillybelle,

Well, this is a mundane transit - a global one - and as I can see how the influences can affect single indiviiduals, it is important for professional astrologers, and students of astrology to remember is always have an impersonal and objective view of such global transits in order to clearly see how they play into the world-at-large.

Personal astrology has taken larger mundane ramifications and applied them a little too "personally" if you ask me. This is not good, considering that natal astrological influences under global transits are very personal in that it greatly depends on one's knowledge and experience in handling one's natal & progressed transits.

The mundane transits of the planets Mars. Jupiter, Saturn, Chiron, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto ~ are worldwide, and have historic impact. There are those astrologers who often confuse their own personal preferences with what is actually happening celestially. This is not good since it clouds one's own vision on the mundane transits worldwide.

Often, the superior planets work on groups, cultures, and nations, and the world-at-large overall when problems of the past are left unresolved, and no amount of "rose-colored glass views" will solve problems of the past that are left unresolved.

Only the free will of the collectives of such groups, cultures and nations, will be able to accomplish this, and the longer they wait to resolve that which is left undone ~ the worse situations get when longer transits of the kind such as Saturn Oppose Neptune (and soon, Saturn opposing Uranus, and then Jupiter later in this decade) occurs.

Astrology, for the past 25 years, has been, in my view, has been too self-involved with detailed astrological psychological philosophical analysis that many times disrupts and misleads the ability to clearly view what is truly happening with transits, and their effects on the world-at-large.

Natal astrology, while very important, must also be seen within the wider context of mundane, or judicial astrological transits, as any individual also lives within the larger environment and time-span of whatever global transits are taking place. Psychological reasoning within astrology, though important, should not take the forefront in determining transits. Why? Because, the free will of the individual, if able to transcend their own personal transits through knowledge and experience, can achieve balance on their own by intergration of this knowledge, experience, and ability to make decisions leading towards balance.

This is why the study and application of Mundane Astrology is critically important to the student of astrology, and the practicing professional. It is very important for the astrologer in training to remember distance, and a neutral view towards transits in order to clearly assess the impacts on the wider world first - then, and only then, to scope down throughout the many levels of observations, which can include, but is not solely restricted to, natal, or personal astrological views.

Last edited:

lilllybelle

Hello Theo, Thank your for responding to my post. I think I'm getting at what you are trying to say, maybe not. I read through your post a couple of times. The reason I would see this current oppositon in a more personal light is because saturn is currently conjuncting my sun/moon midpoint and neptune is opposing my sun/moon midpoint. In 2003 netune opposed my natal saturn. The experiences I had that year probally color how I view this current neptune/saturn opposition. I personally had a deeply spiritual awakening at that time in my life. If something positive came out of it for me, then it stands to reason that there is a potential for society as a whole to get something positive out of this opposition. Society is made of many idividuals working together as a whole. I personally believe that humans are trying to grow and that is why we are all walking the earth together. Some of us are more conscious than others( saints and killers), but I think we all intended to grow when we came here. If I just got disgustinly metaphyical on you, I aploigise. Hmm, I hope I am communicating properly with you. I'm still not sure I totally grasped what was at the heart of what you were trying to say. I have the ability to look at things objectively and notice how a event might effect humans as a whole. I don't think there is only one answer or one outcome to an event. Let's say there is a bunch of nasty transits going on in the world and a war is looming in the future. We are not doomed to war just because of the transits. Humans can make a choice to strive for peace. It starts on an individual level with us working with the conditon of our own hearts. Then it moves to a larger scale. The transits don't control us. I hope I have communicated with you properly Theo. I'm not sure that I did though. I feel like you were trying to adress one thing, and I adressed something else. I think you might of been trying to say that I wasn't being objective enough and that I was putting to much psychology into my astrology. I respect your thoughts. We all have a different take on astrology and most of us study it in such a fashion that it helps us grow on an individual level. Some of us look at it more globally some of us look at it more personally. Respectfully yours, Jo Ellen ( I used my real name to indicate my sincerity.)

Theo

Banned
lilllybelle said:
Hello Theo, Thank your for responding to my post. I think I'm getting at what you are trying to say, maybe not. I read through your post a couple of times. The reason I would see this current oppositon in a more personal light is because saturn is currently conjuncting my sun/moon midpoint and neptune is opposing my sun/moon midpoint. In 2003 netune opposed my natal saturn. The experiences I had that year probally color how I view this current neptune/saturn opposition. I personally had a deeply spiritual awakening at that time in my life. If something positive came out of it for me, then it stands to reason that there is a potential for society as a whole to get something positive out of this opposition. Society is made of many idividuals working together as a whole. I personally believe that humans are trying to grow and that is why we are all walking the earth together. Some of us are more conscious than others( saints and killers), but I think we all intended to grow when we came here. If I just got disgustinly metaphyical on you, I aploigise. Hmm, I hope I am communicating properly with you. I'm still not sure I totally grasped what was at the heart of what you were trying to say. I have the ability to look at things objectively and notice how a event might effect humans as a whole. I don't think there is only one answer or one outcome to an event. Let's say there is a bunch of nasty transits going on in the world and a war is looming in the future. We are not doomed to war just because of the transits. Humans can make a choice to strive for peace. It starts on an individual level with us working with the conditon of our own hearts. Then it moves to a larger scale. The transits don't control us. I hope I have communicated with you properly Theo. I'm not sure that I did though. I feel like you were trying to adress one thing, and I adressed something else. I think you might of been trying to say that I wasn't being objective enough and that I was putting to much psychology into my astrology. I respect your thoughts. We all have a different take on astrology and most of us study it in such a fashion that it helps us grow on an individual level. Some of us look at it more globally some of us look at it more personally. Respectfully yours, Jo Ellen ( I used my real name to indicate my sincerity.)

Hi Jo Ellen,

No, you communicated quite well the first time, and I understood your reasoning as well. What is at the heart of what I said is this ~ My response was more directed at those who tend to see transits, well, a little too "personally" in that the last 25 years have seen most of the astrological community too self-involved with "psychological astrology" while often missing the big picture. Most of this is due to the cultural influence of the baby boomer generation of that time span.

There is a "Big Picture" with global transits of the kind I posted on. My practice of astrology is always from the Bigger picture on downwards - not personally on up to the Big Picture. There is a distinct difference. Some have a hard time accepting this ~ but they must accept it in order to remain clear when observing transits and when judging their influences enough to be correct.

There are special areas, or branches of astrology that do deal with personal transits ~ natal, which is a part of Natural Astrology, however, global transits when viewed as part of Mundane Transits, are to be seen from the bigger picture first, then down through the levels or branches towards the individual where appropriate. I've had to re-instruct a number of astrologers who have spent too many years with psychological influences to be able to operate properly as astrologers when forecasting. However, although one's personal experiences as an astrologer is key towards understanding transits ~ it is not the prime, or central place to base all astrological forecasting.

We live in a time where, in my view, the "personal" is over-hyped to the point of sharing the responsibilities of what is personal with the general public at large. I am mostly against this as many of these kinds of issues are being made public to avoid tackling them toward resolution. We have seen this kind of personal-public "openess" spreading through our cultures like a disease, and it has been trying to infect Astrology as well, thereby clouding and partially disabling the ability to look ahead and to prepare for the certain conditions set up by celestial transits as a whole.

Many astrologers have been misled in this fashion, and I've had to astrologically re-educate several to learn to maintain distance, and to cultivate a "neutrality" which can increase one's astrological abilities, and allow more work to be accomplished, while freeing the astrologer from the mistakes made while comtemplating celestial transits and their causes/effects on Earth.

Consider, for instance, that the transits control and dictate weather on Earth. Although we have control over our response to weather, we cannot control the weather, and though humans have tried, they will never succeed in dictating the laws of the universe ~ only applying them correctly, which is the power of our free will in tune with the transits. This comes only from knowledge of them, and applying this knowledge practically.

Still, I did understand your viewpoints on this particular transit, as it shows how you have transcended to your spiritual awakening. The contacts of the Saturn/Neptune transits to your midpoints would activate the other contacts in your own personal transits. Midpoints are often "windows" towards many applications within your daily life, and I use them for planning, and to consult clients to take advantage when the windows are activated by transiting planets over these midpoints. They are more than just pyshcological, but material, in the facts that practical applications can happen when they occur.

The study of astrology in a personal sense is very useful.... however, it is not the only one and Astrology must be studied from other areas on the circle, so to speak, rather than just personal. For instance, you can take the transits of a person born, say, in the years 1999 and 2000, progress them to a Jupiter Return, or a Saturn Return, and view what the general future of a coming era will be like through their eyes. Not just their "personal" future, but that of groups, the culture, the nation, and the world. Remember that for the past 25-30 years or so, the cultural society has taken "individuality" to the point of being ridiculous, and this has no place within Astrology as a whole.

There is much use in also cultivating a "neutral" point of view when viewing transits, and not to infuse that which is only "personal" into what you are looking at, but to transcend the personal and to look beyond this to the whole of what you may be looking at asrologically. It is difficult to accomplish this for those who have had past experiences by examining transits only from a personal point of view, but it is required in serious astrological practice, to avoid this, in order to view with clarity and not allow the ego's needs/wants to disrupt what may be much more important to discern.

Last edited:

Theo

Banned
lilllybelle said:

This expression of cheerfulness Lilllybelle ~ "I just stepped back and said well if she makes you happy then go be with her." ~ is good, and positive. Under those transit conditions (especially where Saturn is involved by aspect) is the appropriate one to have. Good for you!

The planets represent modualities, and though they interact with Earth (and us) magnetically, it is important to know how to counteract the more, say, malefic transits, particularly those involving Mercury, Mars, and Saturn, and, the Moon by extension, and transit.

With Saturn's influence, it is important to cultivate cheerfulness, and to "keep your chin up, " so to speak. With Neptune interacting, this is a fine time to cultivate your new ideals. This can be one of the best of all transit influences for making true spiritual advancement. It is excellent for gaining ground and making real progress in life.

unukalhai

This opposition is certainly one of the "big bangs" of this year.. as if the crosses and jupiter-saturn and jupiter-neptune activity isnt enough!

it seems a major point in the opposition is the first week of october. at that point, jupiter moves into the midpoint of the opposition, forming a t-square.

this t-square activates a t-square in the UK national 1801 chart. could be quite an important time for the UK, but i wont make speculation as to what will play out.. but definitly worth watching what happens to learn about the transit.

jupiter expands, and being at the apex of the t-square with the opposition will definitly expand the saturn-neptune energies. jupiter hits the apex (midpoint) position on october 6th, it's worth casting a transit chart for yourself around that date to see how it hits your natal positions.

Theo

Banned
unukalhai said:
This opposition is certainly one of the "big bangs" of this year.. as if the crosses and jupiter-saturn and jupiter-neptune activity isnt enough!

it seems a major point in the opposition is the first week of october. at that point, jupiter moves into the midpoint of the opposition, forming a t-square.

this t-square activates a t-square in the UK national 1801 chart. could be quite an important time for the UK, but i wont make speculation as to what will play out.. but definitly worth watching what happens to learn about the transit.

jupiter expands, and being at the apex of the t-square with the opposition will definitly expand the saturn-neptune energies. jupiter hits the apex (midpoint) position on october 6th, it's worth casting a transit chart for yourself around that date to see how it hits your natal positions.

I suggest doing it earlier since astrology is about forecasting. The actions of the planets Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Neptune through the coming months calls for attention now. Good post on the aspects Unukalhai.

unukalhai

Theo said:
I suggest doing it earlier since astrology is about forecasting. The actions of the planets Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Neptune through the coming months calls for attention now. Good post on the aspects Unukalhai.

yes, definitly take a look now.. my wording was misleading... *giggle*

i was thinking it'd be good to check transits for a window around the 6th. since this is a t-square of fairly slow planets (orbits of 13, 29 and 165 years) it remains in action for a considerable period of time.... 2 weeks or so.

using a 1-degree orb on the jupiter=saturn/neptune midpoint (t-sqaure apex), it is active from september 29th to october 12th. jupiter hits 1 degree of orb @ 18sco13 and leaves @ 20sco47. the exact midpoint is from 19sco32 on october 6th, 7:57AM GMT.

it would be good to get a feeling for the other transits you experience within that "window", as they will compliment/modify how the t-square works with your personal natal chart.

also, to clarify the interaction with the UK chart... the chart I use for the UK is jan/1/1801 @ 0:01:40 GMT, London, England with a 7Lib ascendant. i wonder, does anyone use a different chart? anyways... the october 6th 757am transit chart against the national chart activates the national neptune-apex-venus/saturn t-square, with t.jupiter conjunct n.neptune, t.saturn conjunct n.saturn, and t.neptune conjunct n.venus. it also puts venus exactly on the 7Lib ascendant (venus being the ascendant lord, too), t.uranus sextile n.mars, t.jupiter trine n.moon, and t.neptune sesquiquadrate n.uranus... those last 3 aspects within 1/4 degree. adding a bit of interesting synchronisity, transiting venus conjuncts the national saturn/neptune midpoint the day before, oct.5 @ 6:27am GMT.

and Theo, thanks for the writeup on the opposition! your posts are often most excellent :D

Last edited:

Theo

Banned
unukalhai said:
yes, definitly take a look now.. my wording was misleading... *giggle*

i was thinking it'd be good to check transits for a window around the 6th. since this is a t-square of fairly slow planets (orbits of 13, 29 and 165 years) it remains in action for a considerable period of time.... 2 weeks or so.

using a 1-degree orb on the jupiter=saturn/neptune midpoint (t-sqaure apex), it is active from september 29th to october 12th. jupiter hits 1 degree of orb @ 18sco13 and leaves @ 20sco47. the exact midpoint is from 19sco32 on october 6th, 7:57AM GMT.

it would be good to get a feeling for the other transits you experience within that "window", as they will compliment/modify how the t-square works with your personal natal chart.

also, to clarify the interaction with the UK chart... the chart I use for the UK is jan/1/1801 @ 0:01:40 GMT, London, England with a 7Lib ascendant. i wonder, does anyone use a different chart? anyways... the october 6th 757am transit chart against the national chart activates the national neptune-apex-venus/saturn t-square, with t.jupiter conjunct n.neptune, t.saturn conjunct n.saturn, and t.neptune conjunct n.venus. it also puts venus exactly on the 7Lib ascendant (venus being the ascendant lord, too), t.uranus sextile n.mars, t.jupiter trine n.moon, and t.neptune sesquiquadrate n.uranus... those last 3 aspects within 1/4 degree. adding a bit of interesting synchronisity, transiting venus conjuncts the national saturn/neptune midpoint the day before, oct.5 @ 6:27am GMT.

and Theo, thanks for the writeup on the opposition! your posts are often most excellent :D

Thanks for that! These Saturn-Neptune oppositions and the combined transits concerning Jupiter's role is surely now being witnessed in the global news.

Theo

Banned
The Saturn-Neptune opposition is peaking at this time in summer 2007 worldwide, and the effects of this opposition is now being witnessed. Again, it is advised to continue to avoid taking part in complex relationships, and to guard one's emotions by avoiding depression, feeling sorry for oneself, etc., as this opposition, by its nature, and aspects to other transits in 2007, can lead towards forms of mental illness among some who also have been avoiding responsibility in their lives, and in their relationships with others.

Many people over this past year have been sent reeling by the effects of this opposition with secrets revealed in public, ruining careers, with the loss of their reputations. The increased drug use, gambling, drinking and waste of resources under this opposition will have heavy costs into the future.

The Saturn-Neptune opposition will weaken in September, but will remain in orb throughout the remainder of 2007, and into spring 2008, before weakening even further.

The overall effect of the Saturn-Neptune opposition has impact into the future as the first decade of the 21st century comes to an end, and the second decade of the 2010s nears. Saturn's ingress into tropical Virgo changes the quality of Saturn from fixed to mutable, from fire to earth, in the sign of Virgo, where Saturn will begin a long transit towards its coming opposition to Uranus (forced change) and later with Jupiter, which Saturn will oppose in 2010-2011.

The remainder of the year 2007 can be used well to navigate and plan for the year 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012, while taking advantage of global transits to situate onself and one's family for the harder world transits of the mid-2010s. However, most people continue to waste time & resources due to the lack of mental strength with foresight to prepare in advance for coming world transits.

It is advised for those who can see how this Saturn-Neptune transit has impact themselves, family, or friends, to use this time now in July 2007, to avoid the coming Venus/Saturn/South Lunar Node conjunction in early Virgo in the month of October, while preparing for the change in nodal quality in mid-December, which opens a new mini era of opportunities for those who are not suffering the consequences of the strong Saturn-Neptune over the past year.

DONNA

I've noticed during the opposition that many people (everywhere) have had their security (jobs, homes, relationships) mostly in the career area erroding. People have never been so fearful of losing their jobs...too much instability in things that they rely on for security.

Hi Donna,
You're absolutely right! And, I'm one of them that got hit very hard with all three areas (job, home, relationship). At the same time that the Sat/Nep opp was occuring I was having a Sun/Pluto opposition. On the very last day of March my business partner decided to dissolve the partnership, our family's were living together and she locked us out of the house while we were away and effectively moved us out, and that put an end to a 10 year best friend relationship. Needless to say it was a real hit that I was blind sided by.

The good news is this: I was already aware of a dissatisfaction in how our working relationship was going. I seemed to be the driver while she was in the backseat and not participating. Two months previous to this I had discussed with another friend that I was frustrated by this inequity in my business/best friend partner relationship. I guess the universe must have sensed that I wasn't going to be the one to start any changes so manipulated me into a situation that was out of my control. lol

Now however, things are going great! I have sensed a huge shift in the energy of my workplace, I am getting new clients and old friends coming back into the store that had not been willing to be in the energy of the place while my partner was there. (Of course, none of them told me about how they felt before the break up!)

So, although this has been a tumultuous time in my life, the net result has been a sort of "course correction" for me and the unloading of a burden that I would never have let go of willingly.

Theo

Banned
DONNA said:
I've noticed during the opposition that many people (everywhere) have had their security (jobs, homes, relationships) mostly in the career area erroding. People have never been so fearful of losing their jobs...too much instability in things that they rely on for security.

This is common under this particular transit. And, there are other transits connected to the Saturn-Neptune opposition that have added to the insecurities. These are further connected to the transits of 2001-2007, which, as we have seen played out on the world stage.

Much of the conflicts come from inner insecurities. Transits play on inner plane weather, and outer plane weather, so, anything that is internalized (insecurity) spreads (especially under malefic, or negative transits) and externalized in the world.

I often advise clients to see what they want in their minds eye, and to focus internally on their goals, while remaining calm. To their misfortune, many people do not know how to meditate, but for the practicing astrologer, this is critical, in order to maintain clarity, and to be objective, while remaining in tune with the compassion, toughness, and mental strength that is required to conduct astrological work and consultations.

For instance, I know that in North America, and many regions of the world, the baby boomer generation is now retiring. This is taking place at the same time that Uranus is about to end its 84-year cycle that started in 1928, with the second half of this ongoing cycle that began in 1969, coming to an end in 2011.

Moreover, with the economic tensions, the war in Iraq, and Afghanistan, and the overall pressures in the Mid-East, connected to energy, as well as the mortgage crisis in N. America, combined with the shifting of manufacturing jobs to China/India, etc., and mixed in with the pending retirements of over 80 million boomers ~ it is not a wonder that many people feel uneasy.

However, most of the above have come about due to procrastination, ignorance, with a lack of common sense, and, of course, lack of knowledge of how to practically stay in tune with nature ~ the transits.

Security is mainly something that is prepared for internally. Conflict arises among people when they are out of step with their own selves, and they transfer this externally out into the world. Transits work on this, and can either intensify, or decrease the amount of energy transmitted to the inner and outer plane.