Loyalty, faithfulness, cheating, etc

VenusInAries

Well I think there are several factors. One I think besides astrology is look how they were raised. My ex husband, in his family his mother cheated on his dad yet everyone accepted that as okay, they seemed to do this rationality to it. So I do believe that plays a role.

Astrology wise I'm not sure. I know I have read my mars in sag and venus in aries can be unfaithful or bored easy. I can say sure I can get bored but never made me cheat. Usually my venus in aries just tries to cause a little rukus. So not sure in astrology what causes it. Perhaps my Saturn in the 7th house that takes relationship very very serious plus my possessive Taurus Sun offset the normal inclinations of Venus and Mars being in fires signs not sure.

Maybe it depends on the reason a person cheats on how it shows in their charts. Example are they the kind of person that thrives off of the adrenaline and doing something dangerous. Perhaps adrenaline junkies might be more prone to that. Or are they cheating because they are feeling a lack of love and understanding with the person they are with so they seek it else where? Not sure how that would show.

Sorry my input probably isn't that helpful just wanted to share

Catatonia

Vesta is the asteroid of committment. Any person (any sign) has the power to cheat.

You have to be able look at the details very closely, strutinize completely. I'll give you an example of someone who can cheat. Signs make a difference with the appropriate aspects.

My ex boyfriend was a Cancer with a Sag Moon, and an unknown Rising as his birthtime was unknown. His Sag Moon would go after the women he wanted, but his overall emotional nature made him the type to stay when he's satisfied and in need of nurturing. He also has his Saturn in Scorp conjunct my Sun, which supposedly points to committment.

His Vesta is tightly conjunct my Venus and Ascendant in Libra. That sounds wonderful, doesn't it? Think again.

Even his Juno/Vesta midpoint was *exactly* on my Venus and conjunct my Ascendant, but he still lied compulsively.

This may be the explanation you're looking for: His Mercury in Leo at 0 - 1 degree was tightly square Pluto in Scorpio. That shows just how easily he'd get caught lying. His fickle Sag Moon goes for the girls, while the previous aspect thinks up a stupid lie that eventually gets cracked. His Mercury/Pluto midpoint conjuncts my South Node (known as the snake pit). Also, I have a Venus/Neptune square that his Sun tightly opposes.

So, regardless of how awesome your Vesta situation looks, it's not always how you think it is. You need to take into account aspects from Venus to Neptune, Sun to Neptune, Neptune to any planet in the chart, house placements of the planets in the aspect, and Sun/Moon contacts.

The Sun/Moon midpoint is extremely important. Oh, and by the way, his natal Neptune was tightly square his Juno, and probably also his Vesta with a big orb. Not to mention, so is his Sun.

Harsh aspects in the natal to Vesta and Juno are bad news, especially if they aspect points and planets, AND midpoints in your chart. If you can process all this info as it is you'll realize that it's A LOT of info to check. If you really want to know, check thoroughly - get on it! :p

Good Luck,
Catatonia

pisceskitty

Wow,

My ex's Vesta is conjucnt my Libra ascendant. My Vesta conjunct his Gemini moon in the 8th house. His Pisces Saturn/Chiron conjunct my Pisces Sun. He's a Sagittarius with a Gemini moon[like me], and Scorpio rising. His Neptune/Mercury conjunction in Scorpio trined my Mercury/Sun in pisces in my 5th house. He knew just what to say to me. What was a fairy tale, turned into an emotional nightmare[he has pluto square venus] His Sun was conjunct my Neptune[I also have ceres/juno in sagittarius] He was such a dream boat in my eyes. We were totally obsessed with each other, and idealized each other. It never seemed real.

His Pluto/Mars/Uranus stellium in Virgo oppossed my Venus/Sun/Mercury stellium in Pisces in the 5th. He was a total control freak. But I was so obsessed with this man[and to some degree, I still am] It was impossible to let him go. He also had Venus in Sagittarius opposite my saturn in Gemini.
One day he decided he wanted his "freedom"[typical Sag.] Turns out he was messing with this other girl[another Sag.]

We just spoke today actually. He wished me a happy thanks giving, and told me he missed me, and loved me. I was strong though. It took every bit of strength I had not to come running back to him. I do feel very devoted to him. I feel very protective of him, like a mother almost. His Mercury is sextile Pluto. He speaks in a very powerful way.

I have noticed in charts that I have done that gemini, especially gemini moon plays a role in unfaithfulness, including my mother. She cheated on my father throughout their whole marriage, she has gem moon in her 12th house. I'm not saying that all gemini are unfaithful, but they do like variety!

pisceskitty

I'm a Pisces with a Gemini Moon, and I have to admit, I do get bored easily. I have never cheated on any of my partners, but I do tend to attract men with their Moons is air signs. My very first boyfriend was a Sagittarius with his Moon in Aquarius, My ex-husband was a Taurus with his Moon in Libra[Venus in Pisces]another boyfriend was an Aries with his Moon in Gemini[Venus in Gemini] and my recent boyfriend[now my ex] was the Sagittarius with his Moon in Gemini! The entire Fire/Air thing is always going on with the men I meet. I met a guy not too long ago who was interested in me. He was a Leo, with his Moon in Aquarius!!! I wasn't interested in getting involved with him. Hell! my own son is a Gemini, with his Moon in Aries!

Aries rules my 7th house. Plus that Moon of mine makes me restless. As much as I love having a partner[libra rising] I like my freedom[Moon in Gemini]. [Both me, and my son have Vesta in Gemini] But despite the difficulties, I do feel devoted to my ex[the sag. with the gem. moon] Maybe it's that Juno of mine in Sagittarius that makes me hold on. It's hard to let go sometimes[i'm slowly learning though]

Catatonia

onelove said:
How does Juno figure into the equation, if at all?

Juno:
The divine consort, or the principle of relatedness. Juno (Hera), the wife of Jupiter (Zeus, the Lord of the Gods) governs wifely relationships, the role of woman as covenanter and partner. In this way she governs such things as contracts and binding agreements, through her association with marriage. Juno's rule was overthrown by the victory of Jupiter, which introduced the custom of marriage and a patriarchial social system. Juno can be fierce and is bound by a sense of duty and social obligation. Her dark side also rules such things as divorce, and separation, infidelity and open conflict between partners. "Astrologically Juno describes the ways in which we face the issues of compatibility, receptivity to others, mutual sharing, trust, jealousy, possessiveness and power struggles."

It's what you look for in a wife.

onelove

Catatonia said:
Juno:
Her dark side also rules such things as divorce, and separation, infidelity and open conflict between partners.

ok this sounds promising. but the rest about juno didnt? :confused:

anyone use juno and notice any patterns? maybe hard aspects with a combination of venus, mars, saturn, uranus? same with vesta?

so far what i'm getting out of this thread as indicators for cheating are planets in mutable signs and harsh aspects involving vesta and juno.

i'm not convinced lying needs to be something to look for. maybe secretiveness though. promiscuity, highly charged sex drive combined with loyalty? but that's part of the original question, just how do you see loyalty in the charts. the answer to that should be the flipside to infidelity right?

ok enough rambling. back to applying tyl's mc extension methods for vocation. you know it is more involved than just looking at final dispositors. its about contacts with mc and contacts with contacts to mc and knowing all the vocational symbolism. i think i will have to buy the book.

ok ok ok /rambling.

VenusInAries

Well again I say it's hard to stereo-type fidelity like that, like it will show in a nice neatl little package in a chart. I'm highly sexualy charged as you put it but committment serious as a heart-attack..some books say mars in sag and venus in aries can't stay committed I disagree. But yet I don't know how the rest is colored in my chart to off set what Mars and Venus might do on their own had I not other more committed type stuff who is too say. Again on this one I think part of the factor is how they were raised. Do they have a stable family life where mom and dad were together for along time and still are, do they come from a broken home and maybe parents married several times over or cheated etc.. what sort of values were they taught about lying and being considerate of others feelings. I think personally cheating is a very cowardly selfish worm like thing to do. When someone cheats they are only thinking of themselves, their happiness or them getting off not how it might hurt the other person that loves them, so the ability to really care and be concerned about others and an idea of consequences for actions have to be there which comes from how they are raised too. For me interested in another person and I was wary about their ability to be truthful and committed I would be observing their family interactions, what do they say about family, how they were raised, how do they treat others, friends.. do you see them lying alot to friends to get out of things or not being reliable or not following thru or telling alot of little white lies, do they have bad things to say about family, do they not get a long, do they make excuses for bad behavior of family members, honestly that's where I analyze someone from. Yes I use the chart too but listening to their choices of words, their interactions with others, how they treat people, if they are dependable or not, that tells you a lot about a person.

If you are asking because of concern of a girlfriend you are seeing does she think of you before she thinks of herself, or at least when she is wanting something putting it in away to be considerate of you? Does she follow through with what she says? Does make excuses or tell small white lies? Is she kind to others, strangers..friends..family? I mean I think all those things give you an indication of how they are.

My view is, since I don't always share totally who I am or what I am about right up front.. I feel no matter what kind of song and dance someone can pull on you that eventually their true colors start showing you just have to be paying attention. No matter how kind someone is if they are truly selfish it will start showing through, if they lie a lot it will catch up to them, if they are not dependable it will show eventually.. people can only pretend for so long. So just keep your peepers open, listen to your insides.

I know for me I would hate to be accused of being a cheater based soley off my chart. So be fair and watch for how they are as a person :)

Sweet Stars

Didn't really pay attention to aspects but I would say be careful with Sag moons, Sags venuses, Scorpiosun/libra moon combo, and Gemini influences.

Sags can be to gullible at times. Sags in Venuses are so gullible and have a roaming eye.

Scorpio sun/Libra combo men can be so slutty and charming its scary.

Geminis LOL. That's why I would never date a fellow Gemini unless he has alot of Taurus in his chart like me.

This is what I have noticed so far.

Also maybe look for Pisces/Neptune/12th house indications like Venus or Mars in the 12th or Venus/Mars square Neptune influences for cheating and dishonesty.

pisceskitty

Sweet Stars said:
Didn't really pay attention to aspects but I would say be careful with Sag moons, Sags venuses, Scorpiosun/libra moon combo, and Gemini influences.

Sags can be to gullible at times. Sags in Venuses are so gullible and have a roaming eye.

Scorpio sun/Libra combo men can be so slutty and charming its scary.

Geminis LOL. That's why I would never date a fellow Gemini unless he has alot of Taurus in his chart like me.

This is what I have noticed so far.

Uhhhh..Now you tell me!..LOL. My ex-husband had his Moon in Libra, Conjunct my Pluto! His women were bold enough to call the house!

onelove

VenusInAries said:
Well again I say it's hard to stereo-type fidelity like that, like it will show in a nice neatl little package in a chart. I'm highly sexualy charged as you put it but committment serious as a heart-attack..some books say mars in sag and venus in aries can't stay committed I disagree. But yet I don't know how the rest is colored in my chart to off set what Mars and Venus might do on their own had I not other more committed type stuff who is too say. Again on this one I think part of the factor is how they were raised. Do they have a stable family life where mom and dad were together for along time and still are, do they come from a broken home and maybe parents married several times over or cheated etc.. what sort of values were they taught about lying and being considerate of others feelings. I think personally cheating is a very cowardly selfish worm like thing to do. When someone cheats they are only thinking of themselves, their happiness or them getting off not how it might hurt the other person that loves them, so the ability to really care and be concerned about others and an idea of consequences for actions have to be there which comes from how they are raised too. For me interested in another person and I was wary about their ability to be truthful and committed I would be observing their family interactions, what do they say about family, how they were raised, how do they treat others, friends.. do you see them lying alot to friends to get out of things or not being reliable or not following thru or telling alot of little white lies, do they have bad things to say about family, do they not get a long, do they make excuses for bad behavior of family members, honestly that's where I analyze someone from. Yes I use the chart too but listening to their choices of words, their interactions with others, how they treat people, if they are dependable or not, that tells you a lot about a person.

If you are asking because of concern of a girlfriend you are seeing does she think of you before she thinks of herself, or at least when she is wanting something putting it in away to be considerate of you? Does she follow through with what she says? Does make excuses or tell small white lies? Is she kind to others, strangers..friends..family? I mean I think all those things give you an indication of how they are.

My view is, since I don't always share totally who I am or what I am about right up front.. I feel no matter what kind of song and dance someone can pull on you that eventually their true colors start showing you just have to be paying attention. No matter how kind someone is if they are truly selfish it will start showing through, if they lie a lot it will catch up to them, if they are not dependable it will show eventually.. people can only pretend for so long. So just keep your peepers open, listen to your insides.

I know for me I would hate to be accused of being a cheater based soley off my chart. So be fair and watch for how they are as a person :)

well yeah i agree and i do all that. observe, look for clues, refine ideas based on new observations, etc. i guess i was just looking for an astrological explanation to further my understanding of astrology. i mean hypothetically all those other indicators you listed, including different motivations for cheating, could be uncovered using astrological methods right?

the thing that fascinates me about natal astrology is that you can supposedly see a person's tendencies in the birth chart. (i think the implications are significant! it can potentially explain why siblings growing up in the same family might behave so differently! it's at least as good an explanation as the lame theories i've seen in developmental psychology textbooks. better, imo!) of course, free will, the way an energy is expressed, inadequate analysis/interpretation, etc can all play a role in whether a certain tendency is seen, how it is manifested, and to what extent. eg, having venus in aries might predispose a certain tendency....BUT as you imply, the chart as a whole would need to be considered. i already start with this assumption.

what i'm taking from your reply is that we could look to indicators of unstable childhood, tendency to lie, lack of consideration of others, and lack of dependability as good starting places to identify a potential cheater. (key word being POTENTIAL). and also different motivations for cheating need to be considered. sounds reasonable to me...

Last edited:

VENUS

hmmmm.....this subject is so tricky, but let me tell you what ive noticed with certain signs:
libra moons ive noticed ALWAYS need to be with someone....
geminis......forget it, theyre so flighty and neurotic, you need to be flighty too to get theyre attention and for them to focus on you.
venus/uranus people ( especially the square) need their freedom, otherwise for sure they will cheat....u need to pull fast ones on them ( like not coming home one night) and keep the surprises coming.....
whenever i look in a mans chart to see what kind of partner they are, i look at their venus/mars aspects...asc, and moon.....
merc square neptune people u might need to watch out for their "white lies..."
but we also have to remember that even if a chart shows cheating, it really depends how the person is.....
i know plenty of people with their natal chart showing they cheat and they simply havent.....
non-astrologically wise if youre not sure if someone is cheating, make sure you look them up on dontdatehimgirl.com and make sure he doesnt have a profile, LOL ;)

VENUS

oh and, onelove, ive been reading about magi astrology and it seems really interesting...a little hard to understand for me though ( the aspect part)...what do you think?

Depends on chart as a whole and the expression of certain elements in the chart.

I have mars in gemini and venus in sag and I have never cheated. I look but I don't touch, which I'm sure what everyone else does.

Venus squ Ura aspected from what I have seen in people makes them very hard to maintain or stay in a relationship. If things get serious, they are very likely to run.

Rageypoo

Also maybe look for Pisces/Neptune/12th house indications like Venus or Mars in the 12th or Venus/Mars square Neptune influences for cheating and dishonesty.

I have venus/mars square neptune and ascendant, I've never cheated, but I do have feelings of insecurity with women who do things that aren't favorable to me, like if they go out dancing with friends wile dating me because they want to just have fun? That doesn't work for me at all.

virgo18

Actually everyone is capable to cheat their partner, no matter the sun, venus, moon, mars, juno, vesta, or 7th house sign. Marriage is just a symbolic, just a contract. Its a decision made by two people about living a life together where both have to make a little effort to please the other one. If one of the partner's fail, then things can lead to make one of them cheat.
Imagine you are a guy and you arrive home after 10 years of marriage, and you see your wife getting fat, she quitted wearing make up and washing her teeth, she doesn't has sexual appetite anymore, and she is in a terrible mood all day long. Guess what would you do when a beautiful young woman starts flirting with you? The same if your guy gets fat, and spend all days drinking beer at the sofa watching TV without spending time of quality with you. Adding that he is a control freak that doesn't let you go out sometimes. Its just a huge turn off.

Anyone who isn't happy with what they are getting will cheat. So any sign who is not happy with the partner they have and they see another one who brings what they desire... They'll cheat and even left their actual partner for another one.

Of course there are astrological signs wich are more impulsive to do so (Venus/Moon/Mars in Aries or Sag), or who are able to lie more easily (Venus, Moon, Mars in Gemini or Pisces), or who have more sexual appetite (Venus Moon, Mars in Scorpio or Aries) or signs who give a lot of importance to physical beauty like Taurus or Libra and maybe Leo, Or signs who are very picky with hygiene and weight like Virgo, Capricorn and maybe Aquarius.
There are other signs who think it twice before cheating cause they are more passive Like Cancer, Taurus.

Think this.... Let's say the most general thing:
The most loyal= Cancer, Scorpio, and Taurus.
The most unfaithful= Gemini, Sagittarius, Aries

If someone who owns Cancer, Scorpio or Taurus in its Sun, Moon, Mars or Venus, and their partner doesn't fulfill their expectations of loyalty, commitment, passion, and home-loving (attributs that this signs expect) Then they'll cheat.

If someone who owns Gemini, Sag, or Aries in Sun, Moon, Venus or Mars, and their partner is suffocating, does't allow them space, its very passive, then they'll go for the first person who meets those expectations.

Hope this helped you.