12th house moon conjunct my ascendant

aleth3ia

Banned
this is a very good article on the Gauquelins, written by Geoffrey Dean, one of the most controversial figures of contemporary astrology.

http://www.astrology-and-science.com/g-hist2.htm

in the first parts it's explained pretty well how it all works, without the need to read it all (even though that might be interesting!), the Moon in his findings was the most "important" (this means, to him, when it's in 12th or 9th house!) for writers, musicians, art..

I've conducted a similar research, analyzing the charts of over 300 musicians, and the results confirmed the Moon in 12th as the most frequent planet.

that was a really blowing experience to go through, finding that astrology is confirmed is what keeps me doing it.

JUPITERASC

this is a very good article on the Gauquelins, written by Geoffrey Dean, one of the most controversial figures of contemporary astrology.

in the first parts it's explained pretty well how it all works, without the need to read it all (even though that might be interesting!), the Moon in his findings was the most "important" (this means, to him, when it's in 12th or 9th house!) for writers, musicians, art..

I've conducted a similar research, analyzing the charts of over 300 musicians, and the results confirmed the Moon in 12th as the most frequent planet.

that was a really blowing experience to go through, finding that astrology is confirmed is what keeps me doing it.
Statistics are all very well, fact is, those 300 charts you mention
are likely to have other commonalities :smile:
to account for the artistic and musical attributes

katydid

Precisely.
Example, Saturn in the 1st house of Pisces.
Saturn does NOT function like Saturn in Aries.

There is an overlap between the houses and signs.

Saturn in the first does indeed have some similarities to Saturn in Aries. The first house rules many of the same things that Aries rules.

The house indicates an AREA of life , thus it is different than a zodiac sign. But there are overlaps in rulership.

david starling

It's a Modern view that Aries is the first Sign, and always matches up with the first House, and so on. With a Pisces/1st House matchup, Pisces is in what could be called the "House of Aries", and the qualities it most effectively imparts to a Planet in that House will favor the characteristics of Aries, in a Piscean way. The Piscean qualities that don't fit the 1st House will be much less evident.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

It's a Modern view that Aries is the first Sign, and always matches up with the first House, and so on.
With a Pisces/1st House matchup, Pisces is in what could be called the "House of Aries",
and the qualities it most effectively imparts to a Planet in that House will favor the characteristics of Aries,
in a Piscean way.
The Piscean qualities that don't fit the 1st House will be much less evident.
Cancer is the "natural 1st House" traditionally
as illustrated by Thema Mundi an ancient Hellenistic astrological teaching aid :smile:

Eric Francis notes:

Thema Mundi is the chart that truly is one of the ancient keys to astrology.
Keys lead to doors and doors lead to different places...
this is the beginning of an adventure
”.

also

Cancer, sign of mothering associates with the 1st, house of incarnation
where one comes into tangible form.
Aries is Thema Mundi 10th house of fiery initiative, career, fame, worldly expression.
Capricorn does not fit the outgoing initiative required of 10th.

Aries as the natural sign associated with 10th
helps us understand Aries Point, which seems closer in meaning to 10th than to Ascendant.

Children are often conceived in 5th house
- overlaying the house of passionate sex with the sign of mysteries of birth and death makes sense.
A fun romance, can involve you deeper than you planned
http://planetwavesweekly.com/dadatemp/1832374392.html

thema-mundi-large.jpg

david starling

as illustrated by Thema Mundi an ancient Hellenistic astrological teaching aid :smile:

Eric Francis notes:

Thema Mundi is the chart that truly is one of the ancient keys to astrology.
Keys lead to doors and doors lead to different places...
this is the beginning of an adventure
”.

also

Cancer, sign of mothering associates with the 1st, house of incarnation
where one comes into tangible form.
Aries is Thema Mundi 10th house of fiery initiative, career, fame, worldly expression.
Capricorn does not fit the outgoing initiative required of 10th.

Aries as the natural sign associated with 10th
helps us understand Aries Point, which seems closer in meaning to 10th than to Ascendant.

Children are often conceived in 5th house
- overlaying the house of passionate sex with the sign of mysteries of birth and death makes sense.
A fun romance, can involve you deeper than you planned
http://planetwavesweekly.com/dadatemp/1832374392.html

thema-mundi-large.jpg

Not bad! I do think Taurus is a better fit than Leo for H2 though, as the House of financial and personal gain.

StillOne

Impressive article! I've seen Gauquelins studies before. They pop up here on the forum now and then. However, I haven't seen much as far as a "cookbook" on what they thought about individual planetary placements across the houses or zodiac... I didn't see much on the Moon in the 12th house... unless I missed it... I was pretty busy earlier. :cool:

david starling

The method I'm using to describe the effect of Sign/House placements works for the Thema Mundi version as well as the Modern numbering matchups. It relies on Modality and Element of the Planet's Sign-placement relative to those of the Sign designated as the House-sign. As a Water-sign, Pisces is well-located in the Thema Mundi's Cancerian first House, meaning it could transmit a high percentage of its Piscean qualities to the Planet's expression, even though it's not the same Mode. But, in the Modern configuration, Pisces would be less able to transmit its qualities, since it's a Water-sign in a Fire-sign House, and still of a different Mode. The point of contention is whether the House ITSELF will independently transfer the QUALITIES of its matching Sign to the Planet. I would say no--that only determines how much effect and the quality of the effect the Planet will have on that Area of Life, based on the combination of the Sign/House and Planet/Sign placements, as well as Aspects and rulership-placements.

Last edited:

StillOne

PABLO PICASSO 5th House Sagittarius Moon :smile:

Lol, I thought we were talking about Libra Sun ruler Venus located in 5th house Sagittarius!? However, very interesting that you would equate that with Picasso Moon in the 5th house Sag. Thank you! I can see the similarities now! :whistling::biggrin:

Rawiri

There is actually a system of astrology which relies PURELY on the idea that 1st house = Aries, 2nd house = Taurus etc.

It does away with the traditional zodiac signs, whether sidereal or tropical and reads purely from the rising position as Aries and so on.

It is called Lal Kitab.

It would seem to be a modern school (the books describing the method being written in the mid 1900's) although some proponents claim that is merely when it was first "written."

Unfortunately the books are only in Urdu (and perhaps Devanagari script might be available too)...which I cannot read so I've only been able to grab a glimmer from the few English fragments I can find. Not enough to look at the whole system. Certainly I can't vouch for it in any way.

But for anyone who's interested I thought I would mention it.

As to the OP, I would personally consider your Moon in the first house in any sense.

JUPITERASC

Lol, I thought we were talking about Libra Sun ruler Venus located in 5th house Sagittarius!?
OP is discussing "12th house Moon conjunct ascendant"
I mentioned that creating a chart using WHOLE SIGN HOUSES
removes the ambiguity created by the Placidus default
since WHOLE SIGN HOUSES clearly demarcates 12th House from 1st House
:smile:

However, very interesting that you would equate that with Picasso Moon in the 5th house Sag.
Thank you! I can see the similarities now!
:whistling::biggrin:
Someone commented that Moon conjunct ascendant = artistic ability
So I highlighted that obviously Moon conjunct ascendant does not necessarily infer artistic ability
and gave an example famous artist - PABLO PICASSO whose Moon is in 5th House in Sagittarius
And you now "equate" that in some way with Venus in 5th in Sagittarius
I simply highlight that famous artist PABLO PICASSOs moon is neither conjunct ascendant nor in 12th

david starling

There is a Moon/H12 connection though, since Mars, which involves creative energy, is in Cancer in H12 which is therefore under the Moon's rulership.