Missing laptop at work

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

I work for a group of 9 Physicians and nurses, PA's etc. We have a staff mtg once a week that gets chaotic because you have them ALL together. So that's always the golden opportunity to get signatures and tie up loose ends over the last week.

Two weeks ago somebody asked me to borrow a laptop and we had a Doc out of the country. Only 3 of us have Master keys and I am one of them. So I got the laptop for them. NORMALLY I have a great memory but I felt "safe" and cannot even recall who it was that asked for the loan of the laptop. And of course NOW it's come up missing. I asked all that showed up for this past weeks staff mtg and those present said it wasn't them.

There is one person in the office who has been dishonest and if the honest person returned it to her it's possible she did something to set me up as I am the one that has reported her. At the same time I don't blame people without facts and documentation. So I can't say it's her either.

It could just be misplaced. I am in the process of trying to get an inventory number for that item so our I.T. dept can track it hopefully.
I haven't asked if they can do that but I do know they can remote in with this number for repairs. But I don't even have that inventory number yet to be able to do that.

So here's the chart for when I asked the question. I am most concerned about MY GOOD NAME being tarnished over this. I don't want ANYBODY thinking I had something to do with this as an intentional thing.

The date this occurred was Tuesday, August 3, 2010 sometime between 12:40 and 3:30 pm.

Here is the chart for the moment I asked the question.

Amyaskinghoraryquestionaboutmissinglaptopatwork.gif

Last edited:

I know we used to have rules that we had to try and interpret this for ourselves. My knowledge of horary is sooo limited that this would be futile.

I would guess that I am Venus in the first house. (Do we use whole house methods with horary? I'm thinking so.) Hey, I'm exalted. I like that. ahahaha.

Now would the laptop be Mercury for communications or Jupiter because I saw that elsewhere? It's a work related laptop so not a social use.

Mercury is exalted in Virgo. To me that would be hidden in the 12th house but perhaps because it's exalted in Virgo it'll show up?

OK, so much for my less than stellar attempt. lol. Now let the REAL folks in the know impart their wisdom. (Please. :biggrin:)

Last edited:

BobZemco

Stolen.

Moon and Mars are Peregrine and Angular.

I have to run, but I'll try to get something more in depth up later.

Edited to add: This chart is like really messed up.

Normally the Querent is the Victim, but that isn't the case here, so we'll have to use another house and turn the chart and the significators are mixed so I'll have to calculate almutens for the houses (and stuff).

Normally, the 2nd House and Ruler and the Moon significate the item missing, but both of those Planets are Peregrine and in the 1st House, which significates the Thief and the fact that the item is stolen, so this is going to be fun.

Last edited:

Well you have me VERY interested as I really had thought it was just mislaid by the person who borrowed it.

Because I felt safe with the person who borrowed it - I didn't remember who borrowed it since our meeting days are so hectic.

Monday I will be getting in touch with the person I've already emailed trying to get that inventory number so our I.T. department can HOPEFULLY track it. I sure hope they come thru for me or MY GOOD NAME is at risk and I don't like that it would make me suspect at all.

Thank you for your imput. I look forward to seeing how you go about this process of redoing the chart.

BobZemco

Well you have me VERY interested as I really had thought it was just mislaid by the person who borrowed it.

Because I felt safe with the person who borrowed it - I didn't remember who borrowed it since our meeting days are so hectic.

Monday I will be getting in touch with the person I've already emailed trying to get that inventory number so our I.T. department can HOPEFULLY track it. I sure hope they come thru for me or MY GOOD NAME is at risk and I don't like that it would make me suspect at all.

Thank you for your imput. I look forward to seeing how you go about this process of redoing the chart.

Okay, that clarifies things a lot as far as significators. I can stop pulling my hair out now.

Oooh don't pull your hair out! lol. I didn't mean to put up such a quandry for you.

I would think there are 3 possible victims actually. 1) Me for my good name, 2) the Doc whose laptop it is and he wasn't even around at the time and 3) the hospital who owned the laptop....well, actually they charge it to 3) our dept so I guess it's the department who would eat the cost if it isn't returned.

Did I help or make it worse for you? I' m trying to be helpful. :andy: But this is nerve wracking. AND we have our group meeting tomorrrow, a day earlier than usual due to the big boss being out of town...AND the Doc whose laptop it is....he gets back in town this weekend so he'll likely be at that meeting too.

Is that Venus being two degrees from Mars at the time the ? was asked.
The **** hits the fan, so to say, two days later?

BobZemco

Before judging any Horary Chart, the chart has to be Radical. To determine a radical chart, you have to identify the Hour Ruler which is the Sun for this chart.

The Sun is not the 1st House Ruler (Fails)
The Sun is not in the triplicity of the 1st House Ruler (Sun/Fire, Venus/Air) (Fails)
The Sun doesn’t rule Air Triplicity in a Day Chart (Fails)
The Sun doesn’t have the same nature as Venus (Leo/Fixed and Libra/Cardinal, Sun/Diurnal and Venus/Nocturnal, Sun/Hot and Venus/Cold) (Fails)

The Sun is not in aspect with Venus, but the Moon is separating from a trine with the Sun and the Sun and Moon are friends, but the Moon is debilitated being Peregrine. The aspect between the Hour Ruler and either the 1st House Ruler or the Moon needs to be strong and I don’t see that here.

Normally, I wouldn’t judge a chart like this, however Lily says the a non-radical chart can be judged if it is descriptive of the Querent. The Querent is a nurse or works in a doctor’s office and Venus, the 1st House Ruler represents nurses, so I look at it for fun and games.

Now that a determination whether the chart is radial has been made, we need to look at certain considerations like strictures and warnings, which have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with a chart being radical or not.

One warning is that the Moon is Void of Course.

Is the Moon Via Combusta? No, it is not, because at 24° Libra 21’ the Moon is conjunct the Fixed Star Spica which is currently at 24° Libra and negates the Via Combusta condition for any Planet that is conjunct Spica. The orb here is 21’ of arc and well within 1° so the Moon is not Via Combusta.

Now we find our significators:

1) The Querent is the 1st House and Ruler

2) The item that is missing or stolen is the 2nd House and Ruler and the Moon.

3) The 4th House and Ruler shows where the item missing or stolen is.

4) The significators of the thief are the 7th House and Ruler, any Peregrine Planets in Angles, and the Hour Ruler.

At this point, I’m going to reject the Moon as a significator of the Thief. In addition to being conjunct the Fixed Star Spica, the Moon is conjunct the Fixed Star Arcturus with an orb of a mere 1’ of arc. Arcturus is a Very Fortunate Fixed Star of the nature Mars/Jupiter and has no known negative connotations. Even if both Mars and Jupiter were Slow, Retrograde, Peregrine, in the 12th House, in Fall or Detriment, Besieged and afflicted by all other Planets and both Luminaries, it would do nothing except mitigate the benefits of the Star (ie no wealth but not impoverished, no success but never failing, no popularity but not hated or ignored, no fame but not unknown etc).

Being in Libra, Lily would not consider the Moon to be Void of Course. I haven’t seen enough charts to really support that. A Void of Course Thief is an oxymoron, and that’s another reason I reject the Moon as a significator of the Thief.

In this chart, we read Venus and Mars as being in the 1st House. Lily and many others used a 5° offset for any planet near a Cusp, Bonatti and many others used an 8° offset for Planets near an Angle (but 5° when near the Cusp of a Succedent House and 3° when near the Cusp of a Cadent House).

Now we want to confirm the item was stolen, or if it was mislaid somewhere.

There is the possibility that the Laptop was moved to another location or misplaced. The Moon’s Dispositor Venus in rulership and conjunct Mars supports that.

It’s also possible the Laptop is lost and Mars as 2nd House Ruler in the 1st House suggests that.

There are no aspects indicating the Laptop was intended to be stolen

Indicators that the Laptop was stolen are:

The 7th House Ruler in aspect with the Moon’s Term Ruler Venus
Ascendant Ruler (Venus) in aspect with a Significator of the Thief (Mars)
A Peregrine Planet in the 1st House (Mars)
Any Significator of the Thief in the 1st House (Mars)

At first glance it might seem that these are contradictory:

Moon’s Dispositor in rulership and conjunct 2nd House Ruler
Ascendant Ruler (Venus) in aspect with a Significator of the Thief (Mars)

Not so. It confirms that the Laptop has not been lost or misplaced. Someone has physically moved it to another location.

That only one person is involved is suggested by Moon in Long Ascension (Libra), in a Barren Sign (Libra), 7th House Ruler in Long Ascension (Libra) and Barren (Libra). With the majority of chart points in Cadent Houses (PoF and North Node in 3rd, Jupiter in 6th, South Node in 9th and Mercury/Saturn in 12th) the identity of the Thief will eventually be known.

For the identity of the Thief, the 2nd House Ruler in the 1st House suggests the owner; the Sun in Leo, “the Owner may be justly suspected” says Lily, Bonatti and Haly; Sun in own Triplicity, the Thief controls the person who actually took the item; 7th House Ruler in the 1st House shows the Querent is suspected to be the Thief; the Ascendant Ruler and 7th House Ruler in the same Triplicity (Air) indicates the Thief is someone on the inside; the Ascendant Ruler and the Thief Significator in the same house shows the Thief is with the Querent or not very far from the Querent; the 7th House Ruler in the 1st House can indicate the same thing; and the 7th House Ruler in the 1st House can also indicate that the Thief is someone who is constantly in or around the item taken (ie an inside job) and “is one whom the Querent least mistrust and one who will not confess the fact.”

Mars is Occidental and not quite halfway, so the Thief’s age would be 18 to middle-age (no more than 40). Mars as a significator of the Thief is 48° from the Sun and shows the age to be about 24. Mars as between the conjunction of the Sun and a sinister square shows the age to be between 18 and 36. The Moon is still in the 1st Quarter indicating an age of 18-36. The degree on the 7th House Cusp is 12° and that would put the age at 24; “or consider the day of the month the Question is asked, give for every day elapsed to the day of the Question two years”, which would make the age 28 years. Most of the indicators show a female: Moon, Moon in Libra, Venus, Venus in Libra, Mars in Libra, Venus as Dispositor of Mars, the 4th Quadrant being feminine etc.

Capricorn ruling the 4th House indicates where the Laptop might be. Saturn, the ruler of Capricorn indicates office buildings, but in a house it would indicate a low place, near the floor or close to the floor. There's a possibility someone has taken and hid it, and then will attempt to remove it from the premises later. That's often the case if there are security cameras or devices have RFID chips in them.

I'm not really sure it could be recovered. Mars is in the Term of Venus and Venus rules the 8th House which is the 2nd House for the Thief so they may have sold it already or they intend to sell it. There are a few other conflicting indicators of recovery. I'm sure you'll like this one:

"Lord of the ascendant and Lord of the 7th joined, it shall be got by searching of the Querent."

I'm not sure how competent hospital security is, but with a little arm twisting and a good bluff, like "we have a video" or the RFID thing, it might be resolved.

Oh THANK YOU and I love how you explained as you went!

The Doc whose laptop it is was out of the country and I was the one who let somebody borrow it. Now if this Doc were to leave the company - the laptop would remain as property of our dept if that matters. But there is NO chance that Doc had anything to do with it. (Tho that Doc is a Leo) And I had SO MUCH going on that day that I literally cannot recall who I gave it to except that I felt safe lending it. I am trying to remember and seeing every face as I try and the last thing I want to do is falsely accuse somebody. I'm trying too hard I think. In my mind I think it's one of our newer folks.

So it sounds like you're saying they suspect me? And that is why I am on the rampage to find that laptop. lol. Today one of the Docs told me there were two laptops in the Doc's sleep rooms. Neither was it and I personally went and checked.

I know it's logical for them to suspect me tho the main Doc who brought me here knows my integrity without a doubt so I don't think HE would suspect me. The newer folks perhaps and again, that's logical. WHY can't I recall? That's so frustrating to me as I normally have a great memory. Maybe Saturn is still too close to my Mercury in Virgo 29 degrees where it's wreaked havoc for awhile.

Our offices are in a bldg separate from the hospital where the survellience tapes would be of benefit. However our bldg does not have it.

I was so swamped today I didn't get to email the folks about the inventory number so I will be checking with them tomorrow.

Now there is one problem child that I work with. She's been chastised by management because of facts and documentation I have given them supported by my top Doc. She was padding hours (In my mind she should've been fired for that). She would leave, go grocery shopping, go home etc. and come back hours later to clock out and say she was working late. Then they made me one of the folks that does payroll and that gave me access to clock in and clock out times and that's why I caught her in a lie that my main Doc verified......She is also on her cell phone for hour long conversations other than lunch hour, etc. and my documentation got her talked to. She knows it was me. She even did a "confidential email" the week she was talked to...sent it to one of the Docs with lies about me and they sent it to me and I gave it to the same management that talked to her. This was the SAME week that the laptop went missing. They didn't talk with her about it (the email) but they're aware of her tactics now. So she would have a grudge about me.

She is a Taurus Sun 20 degrees with an Aries moon 22 degrees and Aquarius rising 29 38 degrees. That's where transiting Neptune currently is and she has Neptune at her midheaven natally. Her midheaven is 7 degrees Sag and her Neptune is 4 degrees Sag retrograde. She's up at the top of the most deceptive people I've met. She related to me once her birth time was 1:30 in the morning but I do wonder if that's rounded. Her Venus is in Cancer 0 degrees where Pluto and Saturn have both been messing with her. Her Mars is in Gemini 29 degrees also recently effected by Saturn squaring it.

IF the person that borrowed the laptop returned it to her...then it's possible she kept it. BUT, while I know her to be devious, I can't say she had anything to do with it and won't mention her as a possibility just because I don't want to falsely accuse somebody even if she HAS lied or stolen time before. It makes her suspect in my mind but not guilty until I can prove otherwise.

And I'm not setting out to prove HER guilty. I just want that laptop back. My first thought was really that it was misplaced.

Oh - I am not a nurse. I was taking nursing classes when my Doc rerouted me to Florida. I am his Exec Admin Asst. We're a Critical Care group. We have Physicians, Nurses and Physician Assts and 3 clerical people of which I am one. This girl is the other clerical person and the 3rd one was out for 2 weeks due to surgery. Too bad the 3rd person wasn't there because she sits right next to the office where I got the laptop and she would've remembered who I gave it too. Timing is everything. lol.

I will continue to do ALL I can to find this laptop because it's MY GOOD NAME that I am protecting and that IS important to me.

Thank you for the insight. I'll update as I go so if it shows up you'll see the results.

fensi88

I would look ate this chart in 2 ways.
Laptop was with you and how the goods have become lost is judged from the last aspect of the asc-ruler, here Ve. Ve's last aspect was with Ju rx in Ar. Ju signifies man from 45-55 years, an upright, straight and tall stature; brown, ruddy and lovely complexion; of an oval or long visage, and it full or fleshy; high forehead; large grey eyes; his hair soft, and a kind of auburn brown; much beard; a large, deep belly: strong proportioned thighs and legs; his feet long, being the most indecent parts of his whole body; in his speech he is sober, and of grave discourse with (usually) some mole or scar in the right foot. The first letter of his name might start on J, Q, U.
Another way to look at this might be last Moon's aspect, because it show events. We see its last aspect was with Su in 11 house, again man, 30 - 45 years, your friend, man of a good, large and strong corporature; a yellow, saffron complexion, a round, large forehead: goggle-eyes or large, sharp and piercing; a body strong and well composed, not so beautiful as lovely; full of heat, their hair yellowish, and therefore quickly bald, much hair on their beard, and usually a high ruddy complexion, and their bodies fleshy; in conditions they are very bountiful, honest, sincere, well-minded, of great and large heart, high-minded, of healthful constitution, very humane; yet sufficiently spirited, not loquacious. The first letter of his name might start on F, W.

Last edited:

Thank you Fensi for your imput as well. No men that I work with have beards tho. 4 are bald or balding. They range in age from 30-52.

I have been so frustrated by this. I am thinking of finding out if a hypnotist can take me back in time to remember who I lent that laptop to.

This mental block is driving me batty. It should be an easy thing for me to remember. That is as confusing to me as the fact that I can't get my hands on that laptop right now.

THE LAPTOP IS BACK!! :biggrin:

As it is I had recalled last night as I was getting ready for bed that I was involved with two conversations at the same time when I lent it out. THAT'S why I didn't recall those important details. And because I felt safe with who I lent it to.

About 15 minutes ago our medical "Fellow" showed up with it. Now I do know that he's not the one I gave it to but I don't care anymore. I'm just thrilled it's back.

Happy ending! I'll have a sign out sheet for ANY thing like that I hand out again. And I won't lend out a partners laptop if he's away for the week as a quick loan either.

AND I've just written down its inventory number. That sucker is catalogued now too.

Thanks for all your help!

fensi88

So, now, you KNOW whom you lent it? Does he fits with discription of Su or Ju? Does his name fits with letters I mentioned? Just to know if I was on right track...or no...