Pluto in our lives

Blackempress

My Pluto is in 8th house too, but in Scorpio, opposing my Moon in Aries and squaring my Mercury (Moon and Mercury are also squaring each other). I read somewhere that this gives me a obsessive mind and that I feel attracted by morbid matters.

I guess this is the 8th house matter especially in scorpio. There are many obsessions with death, sex, taboos & the association with the 'dark side'. I can relate to this heavily & even the religious aspect of scorpio which deals with the consciousness of 'good & bad deeds' & punishment.

MaeMae

Banned
so, changing course slightly on BE's statement.
I agree fully in her assessment of 8th house shadow. however, pluto doesn't necessarily feel compelled to follow it. billy grahm comes to mind in this.
the truth of pluto is to stare one's reality in the eyes and ask, "how committed are you?"
there is a beautiful freeing light to pluto that counters it's darkness.
just depends which swing we choose to swing from ~ moon or saturn.

Mars_Sc

so, changing course slightly on BE's statement.
I agree fully in her assessment of 8th house shadow. however, pluto doesn't necessarily feel compelled to follow it. billy grahm comes to mind in this.
the truth of pluto is to stare one's reality in the eyes and ask, "how committed are you?"
there is a beautiful freeing light to pluto that counters it's darkness.
just depends which swing we choose to swing from ~ moon or saturn.

"the truth of pluto is to stare one's reality in the eyes and ask, "how committed are you?" "
This sounds just like Scorpio thing, the natural lord of 8th House, imho.

Blackempress

This sounds good. What kind of 'commitment' does it imply? (Towards the people of the concerned house or the entity of the House it falls in? eg. 7th Partner or relationship)

scorpittarian

My pluto's in Scorpio & is the lord of the 10th :

in 10th house
conjunct mercury(out of sign)
Sextile Asc.
Sextile moon
Square saturn(the chart ruler)

Having pluto in the 10th is terrible!!!!!!:sick: :crying: It's as if you're in a constant battle screaming "Me against the world!".... I also have uranus on the ascendant with quite a few uranian aspects which don't do much to save the situation. Instead, they make things worse.

I've got into trouble with authority ever since I hit puberty, YEAR AFTER YEAR! And trust me, if you spit on the street, nothing much will happen. But if I spit, it will create a MAJOR scene with the cops coming in & throwing me behind bars for atleast 1 month...

My new year resolution was not to start any mess this year but it's already here banging on my door. I successfully steered clear off one last month. It was a close miss! PHEW!

And the sad part is that it's always a woman who has issues with me. I get along well with men. In my part of world, carrying an identity card all the time is mandatory. Otherwise, the police round you up. I forgot to carry mine once & that very day, I was stopped by 2 officers. :pouty: That's the plutonian part. The twist is that they dropped me off at the next station warning me that if caught by any other officer, I would get into serious trouble. That's jupiterian blessing.

All these years, people around understood that I wasn't someone to mess around with but these days I prefer to play diplomatic with authority figures, though not always successfully.

SniperBomber328

Sniper, I'd say that's the reason we have this thread, and also the reason it has been responded to so gustily (is that even a word????:tongue:)

I tend to use this forum as a kind of research, so I suspect others do also.

Do not discount the value of recorded history in helping us all to assess the effects of the outer planets throughout recorded time.

I'm not. Was just stating what I did so we don't forget not to generalize anything, especially when these "generalizations" are not fact yet.

R4VEN

I'm not. Was just stating what I did so we don't forget not to generalize anything, especially when these "generalizations" are not fact yet.

There are no such things as facts - just opinions. Everything is perception.

There, that's my existential quip for the day.

Claire19

I happen to find this planet intriguing & despite reading bout it in signs/houses would love to know the real presentations in our lives.
Mine in the 8th house in Libra, gives me natural transformative-psychoanalytical powers. It makes me a healer too But I have yet to see it's absolute presentation in my life ahead! :biggrin: It also sextiles my MC so I would like to be an important person (eventually). :whistling:
Lastly being in 8th & Libra I get into power struggles with partners but since I'm single, can't comment on that much either.

Love to hear your pluto experiences!
Pluto 8th Libra deals more with shared assets with any partner and also getting into psychology especially connected to the career area. It could mean being a sex therapist but more likely just psychiatry or psychology.

Blackempress

in 10th house
conjunct mercury(out of sign)
Sextile Asc.
Sextile moon
Square saturn(the chart ruler)

Having pluto in the 10th is terrible!!!!!!:sick: :crying: It's as if you're in a constant battle screaming "Me against the world!".... I also have uranus on the ascendant with quite a few uranian aspects which don't do much to save the situation. Instead, they make things worse.

I've got into trouble with authority ever since I hit puberty, YEAR AFTER YEAR! And trust me, if you spit on the street, nothing much will happen. But if I spit, it will create a MAJOR scene with the cops coming in & throwing me behind bars for atleast 1 month...

All these years, people around understood that I wasn't someone to mess around with but these days I prefer to play diplomatic with authority figures, though not always successfully.

This is a new manifestation to hear. I can imagine it creating difficulties but it sounds like you literally would need to 'tip-toe' your way around life. :unsure: (Ironic since you'd probably exude a powerful presence).

Judy_AzVirgo

...Having pluto in the 10th is terrible!!!!!!:sick: :crying: It's as if you're in a constant battle screaming "Me against the world!".... I also have uranus on the ascendant with quite a few uranian aspects which don't do much to save the situation. Instead, they make things worse.

My new year resolution was not to start any mess this year but it's already here banging on my door. I successfully steered clear off one last month. It was a close miss! PHEW!

And the sad part is that it's always a woman who has issues with me. I get along well with men. In my part of world, carrying an identity card all the time is mandatory. Otherwise, the police round you up. I forgot to carry mine once & that very day, I was stopped by 2 officers. :pouty: That's the plutonian part. The twist is that they dropped me off at the next station warning me that if caught by any other officer, I would get into serious trouble. That's jupiterian blessing.

I wonder if what you describe as Pluto in the 10th really refers to that placement? I don't have your chart, but I think what you describe might characterize Saturn square Pluto: a survivor or even a "survivalist", often something of a loner who is forced by life to be tough, and often rather defensive (especially when young). But it can be a very POWERFUL aspect. Use it well!

Uranus conjunct Ascendant may have problems with authority figures... you just want to go your own way, be your own person. That can be hard in today's world -- especially in what looks like a police state in your description.

yuva9999

Hi guys

pretty interesting discussion my only understanding up till now is Pluto makes it really hard to achieve goals and one goes into to a total transformation.

My query is what really pluto does in my 2nd house (scorpio:devil:).It has no conjuctions but only a sextile to moon,neptune,saturn(all 3 are in 4th house capricorn:pinched:)... It is the only planet in 2nd house(singleton...I think so).:bandit:

So anybody having this pluto placement ...can you plz tell me your experience...web does offer me bits and pieces of information but not really quenched my curiosity.

Thank you..

Blackempress

Hi guys

pretty interesting discussion my only understanding up till now is Pluto makes it really hard to achieve goals and one goes into to a total transformation.

My query is what really pluto does in my 2nd house (scorpio:devil:).It has no conjuctions but only a sextile to moon,neptune,saturn(all 3 are in 4th house capricorn:pinched:)... It is the only planet in 2nd house(singleton...I think so).:bandit:

So anybody having this pluto placement ...can you plz tell me your experience...web does offer me bits and pieces of information but not really quenched my curiosity.

Thank you..

Pluto in the second house is all bout resources & manipulation, obsession & control regarding those aspects- Financial especially. Sextiles are easy flowing energies that would make you want to manipulate/control the 'assets' of the 3/4th house......... possibly issues that need more looking into regarding your siblings & family.

Here's one of my favorite links on pluto in 2nd:
http://theastrologyplace.blogspot.com/2011/08/pluto-in-2nd-house-top-100.html

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Pluto is like an immovable object vs an irresistible force. Gotta let things go or they will eat you alive and destroy you. And you can try to avoid something but it will find you.

One of my aspects is Venus conjunct Pluto and the women I've been attracted to had strong overwhelming sexualities and were very demanding. It's almost as if they we the irresistible force and whatever plutonic reason I held inside was the immovable force, like a long standing crush.

As far as its placement, it's in the second house. I used to be so obsessed with money and the things it could do for me and I used to have a bad stealing habit. I'm pretty bad with money at times cuz I spend it quick and sometimes on thinga that I don't even need and them I go work hard again
to spend hard again. Making money is not a problem for me cuz once I set my eyes on something, I will work alot of overtime to get it and then some.

I do think money is power and money can give ppl more control than they think. I read on myastrologybook that a second house Pluto makes your sexuality extremely strong and I feel like it does. I'm strongly sensual also, and the strongest way

My main foundation now is emotional strength. Idk if 2nd house Pluto has anything to do with that but I want to learn to strength my emotions and depend on myself emotionally financially and spiritually

Blackempress

Pluto is like an immovable object vs an irresistible force. Gotta let things go or they will eat you alive and destroy you. And you can try to avoid something but it will find you.

I do think money is power and money can give ppl more control than My main foundation now is emotional strength. Idk if 2nd house Pluto has anything to do with that but I want to learn to strength my emotions and depend on myself emotionally financially and spiritually

The reason for your obsession with money is the P in 2nd which is all bout resources including self-esteem. Money is power n it is thru the manipulation of resources that you would control others.
The emotional strength is directly linked to you because of the Venus conjnct. Do you also attract women with money? Intensity, sexuality & obsession are all part of your love game. Enjoy it!

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

The reason for your obsession with money is the P in 2nd which is all bout resources including self-esteem. Money is power n it is thru the manipulation of resources that you would control others.
The emotional strength is directly linked to you because of the Venus conjnct. Do you also attract women with money? Intensity, sexuality & obsession are all part of your love game. Enjoy it!

Somewhat, I'll say that they are stable and content. I've tan into some that ask for money, but me seeing it as "game" told them know and dealt with all kind of ***** fits.

Since I'm maturing the women I attract or I'm attracted to have changed it used to be purely physical, just something to touch

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Self esteem, can Pluto here destroy anything you put high value on? Anything you based your self esteem on can pluto destroy it here?

poyi

Premium Member

I was wondering about my Pluto in 2nd house in Placidus system but in 3rd when I use whole sign system. I found the whole sign described my personality better but Placidus is also quite good in a way.

2nd house interpretation by Marc Edmund Jones:

"...gives a social perspective which orients the individual to life as a whole through the ebb and flow of resources in ordinary living. This position enhances any analytical interest in the economic potentials of human relationship. The native at his best is able to uncover broader uses for everything at hand, and at his worst he is apt to discount every fruitage of experience."

In my case, I do attract money from partner. My ex used to pay most of my things for me which I didn't even ask....because I have the rulership over his possession in my 2nd house. I think this has something to do with Pluto is the natural ruler of the 8th house, spouse's possession. But personally I only need financial security not so obsessed about have to become rich. I suppose that is also to do with other part of the chart as well.

3rd house interpretation by Marc Edmund Jones:

"...orients the individual to life as a whole by his involvement in minor responsibility. This enhances any analytical interest in commonplace or neighborly relations. The native at his best is able to ferret out and capitalize upon the social capacities of everyone around him, and at his worst he is apt to belittle or sabotage any activity he cannot dominate."

At work, I have good relationships with colleagues and manager they supported me all the time.

Blackempress

Self esteem, can Pluto here destroy anything you put high value on? Anything you based your self esteem on can pluto destroy it here?

This is thought-provoking. I think the more experienced can add a word here. As for my understanding, I would regard it as 'in-depth exploration' of those values. In fact your mention of 'physical' kindda tickled my brain if the 'body' itself is a resource of manipulation. It has nothing to do with sex on it's own but for you it will always (Need to) flow through the emotional (love) channel whatever that valuable might be. Venusian Pluto is passionate about whatever it desires.

Here's one of my favorite links on pluto in 2nd:
http://theastrologyplace.blogspot.co...e-top-100.html

I was wondering about my Pluto in 2nd house in Placidus system but in 3rd when I use whole sign system. I found the whole sign described my personality better but Placidus is also quite good in a way.

2nd house interpretation by Marc Edmund Jones:

"...gives a social perspective which orients the individual to life as a whole through the ebb and flow of resources in ordinary living. This position enhances any analytical interest in the economic potentials of human relationship. The native at his best is able to uncover broader uses for everything at hand, and at his worst he is apt to discount every fruitage of experience."

In my case, I do attract money from partner. My ex used to pay most of my things for me which I didn't even ask....because I have the rulership over his possession in my 2nd house. I think this has something to do with Pluto is the natural ruler of the 8th house, spouse's possession. But personally I only need financial security not so obsessed about have to become rich. I suppose that is also to do with other part of the chart as well.

3rd house interpretation by Marc Edmund Jones:

"...orients the individual to life as a whole by his involvement in minor responsibility. This enhances any analytical interest in commonplace or neighborly relations. The native at his best is able to ferret out and capitalize upon the social capacities of everyone around him, and at his worst he is apt to belittle or sabotage any activity he cannot dominate."

At work, I have good relationships with colleagues and manager they supported me all the time.

Poyi read the link I posted above for 2nd House Pluto. The 3rd house is well written too. 3-H Pluto is about obsession with siblings, knowledge & communication. The idea here is 'Knowledge is power' so it lends the psychoanalytical ability from childhood where the native is a curious kid who notices more than the average & even gets 'clobbered' for speaking too much. The child develops the sense that there are hidden secrets & he is the only one who knows. They make powerful communicators later on. There can be history of incest or some dark family skeletons regarding the siblings. They are usually suspicious & rarely completely trust someone intimately unless other areas of the chart support it.