The Proper Chart For The United Kingdom.

Draco

Hi all,

If you are interested in national charts, this information may be of interest and importance.

Why do I read everywhere that the mundane chart for the nativity of the United Kingdom is the 1st January 1801? This is a misconception and there is a later chart which is more significant.

The UK is made up of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It's official and proper title is, 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland', and this came into general use in 1922, after the constitution of the 'Irish Free State', the former name of what is now the Republic of Ireland.

The whole of Ireland had been united with Great Britain by an act of parliament in 1800, and this took effect on that 1st of January in 1801. This is the chart still used by astrologers as the nativity of the UK. However, this union, being so unpopular in Ireland became the target of Irish Nationalist leaders. The union of Great Britain and Ireland of 1801, only lasted until the constitution of the Irish Free State, when the Anglo-Irish Treaty partitioned Ireland into two parts - the Irish Free State and Northern Ireland, with only the latter remaining part of the UK.

Therefore, the United Kingdom of Great Britain, made up of England, Scotland and Wales was expanded to include Northern Ireland and so the nation became 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland', the official title which appears on all British passports. So why still use the 1801 chart, when the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland' no longer exists?

The nomenclature of the UK was officially changed at midnight, on April 12th 1927 (set for London), to recognise the departure of the majority of Ireland with the current name 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' being adopted. The country officially changed to it's current constitution at this time and this is the appropriate chart. This is the official title and this is what is on UK passports.

'The UK of GB and Ireland' hasn't existed for nearly 80 years, yet this is the chart always used by astrologers's as the UK's natal. Of course, there will always appear to be significant transits and such in the 1801 chart, but this is the chart of the past-life of the UK, and does not represent it's current incarnation. The 1927 chart is definately more appropriate because then, the UK became the nation as it exists today.

The ''27 chart for the UK is quite a fiery one. The Sun in Aries, Moon in Leo and Sagittarius rising.

There is a conjunction between the Moon and Neptune @ Leo 24:21 which is precise to the minute.

I haven't had a chance to analyse it yet because I have literally only just found out about it, after a good long search for the date that Northern Ireland united officially with the UK.

I don't intend to go into interpretation of the chart or to analyse transits for significant events, I just felt it important to point out that the 1927 chart is just much more appropriate. It represent the country as it emerged and exists today and not as it emerged and existed 80 years ago.

I felt the need to share this information because the 1801 chart may be significant, but it is inaccurate, because it is well out of date!

Draco :wink:

pwadm

Staff member
Hello Draco

Thanks for sharing this info with us.

I think that people are using the 1801 chart because that was the basis for the country, as it exists today. The 1927 change of nomenclature didn't change that much in the British spirit, did it?

Take the case of a woman: when she marries, her life changes radically, her last name changes as well, yet her natal chart is still set for the moment she was born.

This is the case for countries as well. My country (Romania) underwent far more drastical changes during history and yet, as a state, it was born in 1859. For instance in 1881 it became kingdom, in 1947 the monarchy was abolished and the country was declared a communist republic, in 1989 it became a parliamentary democracy. Did these changes alter the existence of Romania as a state? No, they were merely transformations along its history.

Draco

Hi Radu,

The nomenclature of the UK was officially changed at midnight, on April 12th 1927 (set for London), to recognise the departure of the majority of Ireland with the current name 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' being adopted.

I see that you have included this information on the 'Countries Chart's' section of AW, beneath the popularly considered UK chart of 1801. Thanks for this because I think it is important. I believe that this is the only site on astrology that provides this information, so it is good that you have added it. In particular it is of significance to British readers because it is allows them to make a choice as to which chart they feel is a more appropriate expression of their nationality.

I think that people are using the 1801 chart because that was the basis for the country, as it exists today. The 1927 change of nomenclature didn't change that much in the British spirit, did it?

The 1801 chart is not the basis for the country as it exists today. This is because the countries that constituted the United Kingdom between 1801 and 1927 are now two seperate nations. If the Republic of Ireland is considered to have it's own mundane chart, which of course it has, then how can the 1801 chart be considered to be the most appropriate chart for the UK when it would incorporate what is now a totally separate nation with it's own borders? In a sense this would be to deny the Irish thier own national identity, and add something to British identity which is no longer a part of our national heritage.

The 1927 change of nomenclature most certainly did change a lot in the British spirit, any person from Northern Ireland would tell you this.

I understood what you were expressing when you compared the change in the British state to a woman marrying, but I disagree. The UK did not only change in name in 1927, but it was also the official consolidation of a geographical change, the countries which currently constitute the UK are not the same countries as they were then, therefore it changed as a state, not merely in name.

Wikipedia defines the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland' as an 'historical state'. In other words, it is not the state as it exists today.

I do not argue that the 1801 chart is none the less a significant British chart. For example, on the British flag, the red diagonal cross saltire of Saint Patrick, patron saint of Ireland was added upon the white cross of Saint Andrew, on the 1st January 1801, as an emblem of Britains union with Ireland as one nation. This is the flag which has been flown ever since, as it was never changed. Being that this is the flag which is still internationally recognised as the emblem of the UK, it is little wonder that the date of it's creation is taken as the mundane reckoning for the UK's chart, and of course it will be of significance. I do not deny this. However, the 1801 horoscope is the chart of the flag, and the former state it represents, not, more appropriately, the state as it exists today.

I was always uncomfortable with the 1801 chart, because I never felt that it represented the spirit of my nation as I would recognise it. To me, it represents the 'Rule Brittania' of the Victorian era and the Britain of WW1.

The 1927 chart was a breath of fresh air to me when I discovered it, because I feel that I see my nationality represented as a Briton. In it I recognise far more readily the spirit of the nation in which I was born and raised. Of course, this is a matter of opinion and there would be many a Briton who would disagree, but astrology is not a 'one size fits all' practice and it is largely dependent upon feeling and imagination, and the 1801 chart does not accord with what I feel about my nationality.

I just needed to make my point about a couple of the things you had mentioned.

Thanks again for including the UK,GB,NI data on the site, then people are able to make a choice.

Arena

Mundane astrology can also be assessed with solar ingresses. In that you do not need a natal chart for a country. You just assess how the solar ingresses for cardinal signs are for the location of the capital. Angular planets within 3° are what shapes them. Sidereal astrologers have found it to be an accurate tool. But measured in sidereal terms.

If you are interested in mundane astrology you might want to check it out.
http://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3318

JUPITERASC

Mundane astrology can also be assessed with solar ingresses. In that you do not need a natal chart for a country.
You just assess how the solar ingresses for cardinal signs are for the location of the capital.
Angular planets within 3° are what shapes them.
Sidereal astrologers have found it to be an accurate tool.
But measured in sidereal terms.

If you are interested in mundane astrology you might want to check it out.
MUNDANE FORECASTS :smile:
http://www.solunars.com/viewforum.php?f=46

To use the methodology relocate the charts to UK

The Economic Myths of UK's 2017 General Election Exposed
"The General Election is exposing once again the ignorance there is
around the production of money
and how easy it is for governments to finance expenditure,"
says World-renowned economist Ann Pettifor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqup9sVP9e0