Mars in Cancer.. hard placement for relationships??

greeneye

Hi all, newbie to the forum looking for some guidance

I have Mars in the 10th house in Cancer. I've always been highly sensitive emotionally but I'm wondering if it will be a continuous struggle with partners that find me too emotional. Anyone have a similar placement that can help me not feel so 'out of place' when it comes to my emotions??

txri

I have Mars in cancer but in the 5th house.. If it eases your mind any, I'm extremely emotional and had a hard time coming across someone who could handle me. It's not impossible though ;)

Do you mind posting your full chart?

Last edited:

greeneye

Haha thank goodness there's hope, I think being emotional has positive but it's not always great for some people. I'm learning to get comfortable in my own skin in the hope someone will love this quality one day... Will attach my chart.

Do you have any tips txri with this mars in cancer??

Kitchy

Banned
The best nags the best lovers the best cooks and the the best protectors you could ever hope to encounter. At least one or two of each is generally attractive to most , if not all of it.

People will decide for themselves what they can or can't accept from this lottery winning.

Mars is always waiting to launch on Venus as soon as she turns her eye his way.

greeneye

Attachments

• astro_w2at_01_my_chart.69666.18584.gif
    astro_w2at_01_my_chart.69666.18584.gif
    58.4 KB · Views: 33

Kitchy

Banned
Yes.

So that means, for every Mars in Cancer, there is one that wants a Mars in Cancer - so hard placements are more about how one accepts their Mars in Cancer. Moon ruled - ever changing and butt hurt emotions at worst, Venus looking for Mars at their best - looking for a provider of home comforts and safe havens at its best, in spite of the bickering. For every Mars, there is a Venus and vice versa - and don't forget Moon in the mix. Comfort zones.

Tempests in teapots that always manage their steam wisely. just ask anyone who as ever loved a mars in cancer. they may call you babies or childish, but they will be first to pony up at the table and the first to take their shoes off and stretch out at the couch with a full belly. Every homeland soldier (mars in cancer) knows that even when someone may not like them them all the time, they know they are there for better in their lives and they both get fed accordingly with a good stretch at the end in safety of knowing what you're up against.

greeneye

That's a lovely way of looking at it Kitchy, I do feel I have a lot to offer and like everyone you meet, there will be things that are 'more challenging' for some to deal with than others... I'm looking for that partnership where I can put these qualities in and theyre not seen as a bad thing!! When I love you, I love you till the end! Sometimes it seems I'm a little 'outdated' when it comes to love but I can be fun too!!

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
well, without your chart, it appears you are doughy eyed neptune is in the mix. unconditional love. different from moon or mars - really - pisces ruled neptune and or jupiter, looks for the best in others but can overlook it, where mars in cancer can't overlook it. if they pretend to they are even worst enemies than a scorpio.

best for mars in cancer to focus on the capricorn 10th saturn base - or even the taurus when looking for venus. that is where you find the "i don't care of s/he is too emotional - it doesn't rock my boat and i get good grubbin and lovin in the mix". plus, you find out you like the same t.v. shows most of the time.

;)

greeneye

best for mars in cancer to focus on the capricorn 10th saturn base - or even the taurus when looking for venus. that is where you find the "i don't care of s/he is too emotional - it doesn't rock my boat and i get good grubbin and lovin in the mix". plus, you find out you like the same t.v. shows most of the time.

;)

What does that mean.. focus on the Capricorn 10th Saturn base - in a partner you mean??

My chart is attached here..

I heard a sensitive being who has spontaneity would work well for me as my 7th house is Pisces/Aries??

Attachments

• astro_w2at_01_my_chart.69666.18584.gif
    astro_w2at_01_my_chart.69666.18584.gif
    58.4 KB · Views: 32

Kitchy

Banned
What does that mean.. focus on the Capricorn 10th Saturn base - in a partner you mean??

My chart is attached here..

I heard a sensitive being who has spontaneity would work well for me as my 7th house is Pisces/Aries??

7th house is Pisces/Aries - yes, that is what I was getting at.

If someone is looking for 'kind' in a neptunian mars water sign, they will likely find not kind by reason of misunderstandings.

The best thing I can add / offer, look at moon and look at mars in your chart - and see what houses they rule or occupy.

I am pretty sure that the traditional astrologers see the antidote of mars and moon in good relationships for the good or bad of jupiter.

Mars in Cancer is Moon ruled Mars. The only thing that will ultimately keep you aware of the one who wants to harm you - instinct. Mars listens and acts for survival - Moon is his ears and eyes.

Finding the ones who are not out to harm your emotions is as simple as finding the ones who can take on water and possible floods.

They usually own property built on solid earth. Literally and metaphorically.

Last edited:

greeneye

Oo Kitchy, your posts get my mind all excited lol

Yes I see what you mean, I think.. My instinct helps me a lot, I need to work on it though as I've had times where I've listened too much to others and I am a little out of tune with it at the moment

My moon is Virgo in my 1st, My Mars is Cancer in the 10th..

I love how you've written this..

"Finding the ones who are not out to harm your emotions is as simple as finding the ones who can take on water and possible floods.

They usually own property built on solid earth. Literally and metaphorically."

Astrochologist

Any time Mars is in a benefic sign especially one tied to the archetype mother energy there may be problems. The moon's transits are faster than Mercury's. So it's even more fickle a sign placement. Mars is comfortable with cardinal energy. But not lunar energy.

txri

Haha thank goodness there's hope, I think being emotional has positive but it's not always great for some people. I'm learning to get comfortable in my own skin in the hope someone will love this quality one day... Will attach my chart.

Do you have any tips txri with this mars in cancer??

I would just say don't lose yourself trying to be an "ideal" partner.
People can be weird about emotions and definitely make you feel like you're in the wrong for having them. Your sun sign is cancer so you'll naturally be emotional anyway. I'm not too good at reading charts as a whole but I'm sure someone will be able to connect the dots for you :)

My chart is dominated by Pisces so I've just accepted that I'm an emotional piece of work.. You have 3 major planets in cancer so that might be worth noting!

greeneye

My chart is dominated by Pisces so I've just accepted that I'm an emotional piece of work.. You have 3 major planets in cancer so that might be worth noting!

Yep it is what it is.. I need to wait for the right person and right time and get comfortable in myself in the meantime, I have a feeling I am going to be waiting a little while..

anjelik

As someone who is married to a man with Mars in Cancer, I can attest to your lovability but the childishness sometimes poses a problem, so I can see where you may find adult relationships challenging. If I could paint a picture of Mars in Cancer it would be a toddler on its belly kicking in screaming because he or she wants its way.

I think one of the issues with Mars in Cancer people is that they always think people are out to get them or their family. One thing I can say about my husband is that he will protect me without hesitation. If someone talks down to me or disrespects me, he will put them in their place immediately. We were in the airport once and the airline guy was giving me attitude and he was on a different line - he immediately jumped in and told him "That is my wife. DO NOT TALK TO HER LIKE THAT." I had to tell him to relax because I didn't want to get kicked off the flight, lol! I find it to be a super emotional placement for action. My Mars is in Libra, so sometimes I am perplexed as to why he is so butt-hurt over a comment someone made, etc. But like Kitchy said, for every bad characteristic of placements, there also also good ones (which I mentioned above). Because my DC is in Cancer, I am really attracted to that quality in a man - someone really family oriented, someone who will defend/protect me and has that blood is thicker than water mentality that I lack as someone with a Mars in Libra.

In college I had a boyfriend with Mars in Cancer and he was similar - but we argued like two gladiators to the death. I think we both were too immature to know how to deal with the energy. He once took my keys and threw them in the snow so I couldn't leave and so that we could continue to argue for another 4 hours. I remember thinking, I just want to stop but I can't lose. And I am sure he was thinking the same. This is what happens when you have Mars square Mars if you don't understand how to constructively work together! But he too would defend me and fight for me - maybe I'm a little crazy myself but I like a man that will beat someone up like Biff from Back to the Future.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
As someone who is married to a man with Mars in Cancer, I can attest to your lovability but the childishness sometimes poses a problem, so I can see where you may find adult relationships challenging. If I could paint a picture of Mars in Cancer it would be a toddler on its belly kicking in screaming because he or she wants its way.

I think one of the issues with Mars in Cancer people is that they always think people are out to get them or their family. One thing I can say about my husband is that he will protect me without hesitation. If someone talks down to me or disrespects me, he will put them in their place immediately. We were in the airport once and the airline guy was giving me attitude and he was on a different line - he immediately jumped in and told him "That is my wife. DO NOT TALK TO HER LIKE THAT." I had to tell him to relax because I didn't want to get kicked off the flight, lol! I find it to be a super emotional placement for action. My Mars is in Libra, so sometimes I am perplexed as to why he is so butt-hurt over a comment someone made, etc. But like Kitchy said, for every bad characteristic of placements, there also also good ones (which I mentioned above). Because my DC is in Cancer, I am really attracted to that quality in a man - someone really family oriented, someone who will defend/protect me and has that blood is thicker than water mentality that I lack as someone with a Mars in Libra.

In college I had a boyfriend with Mars in Cancer and he was similar - but we argued like two gladiators to the death. I think we both were too immature to know how to deal with the energy. He once took my keys and threw them in the snow so I couldn't leave and so that we could continue to argue for another 4 hours. I remember thinking, I just want to stop but I can't lose. And I am sure he was thinking the same. This is what happens when you have Mars square Mars if you don't understand how to constructively work together! But he too would defend me and fight for me - maybe I'm a little crazy myself but I like a man that will beat someone up like Biff from Back to the Future.

Mars in Cancer is the most vicious sign of Mars - the antihesis of Mars exalted in Cap - do it right - Moon ruled Mars - mess with what they want to hold onto and it's throw down.

Everyone should have a Mars in Cancer on their side of the ring or octagon. Everyone knows crabs are made of soft meat inside, so what better defense than mano y mano or pincer to pincer combat to protect that meat. The hard shell makes for a thick skin of Mars in Cancer even though they sweat through the shell sometimes.

Crabs usually win - cause they got that sideways backwards attack thing in their favor and they have little caverns to hide out in and they take their home where they go - so they do well protecting themselves when they feel vulnurable.

They are good at stunning opponents, which is why so many people don't like Mars in Cancer and consider it a weak sign.

For every exaltation, there is a fall....

No need to fret about Mars in Cancer.

;)

Last edited:

anjelik

Mars in Cancer is the most vicious sign of Mars - the antihesis of Mars exalted in Cap - do it right - Moon ruled Mars - mess with what they want to hold onto and it's throw down.

Everyone should have a Mars in Cancer on their side of the ring or octagon. Everyone knows crabs are made of soft meat inside, so what better defense than mano y mano or pincer to pincer combat to protect that meat. The hard shell makes for a thick skin of Mars in Cancer even though they sweat through the shell sometimes.

Crabs usually win - cause they got that sideways backwards attack thing in their favor and they have little caverns to hide out in and they take their home where they go - so they do well protecting themselves when they feel vulnurable.

They are good at stunning opponents, which is why so many people don't like Mars in Cancer and consider it a weak sign.

;)

LOL love the imagery there. True, they can get vicious when they feel they are backed into a corner. Which is why I make a point to never ambush my husband with anything, because it will get ugly quick. You have to know how to deal with Mars in Cancer people and if they feel like you are attacking them, they will immediately go into fight mode. With that being said, they are incredibly loyal and if you are someone they CARE ABOUT, then they will always be on your side and in your corner. :)

greeneye

;)

Hahahhahahaha Kitchy you've made my day with that!!

anjelik I know what you mean... I've worked really hard on my emotional responses, instead of releasing the tsunami I am a lot better with being able to express myself and love myself for these strong emotions. O think this is because I actually like this Mars in cancer and starting to appreciate it more. At times I feel like I'm walking with the Giants when I use it at the right time - protecting loved ones (people just freeze as they could never anticipate it from someone of my stature), standing up for things ideas and so on.
Fighting to the death- I can recognise that so well but as you said its using it at the appropriate time not when someone has not seen you standing in a shopping que :wink: