Adoration of Violence and its relation to the Repression of Libra

MDH

We are all raised under the guise of violence, or according to statistics, about a startling 90% of us. In society, violence is adored and enjoyed. Only a few of us spot this and plegde to nonviolence, while most of us cultivate it.

Yet, again, psychology has proven that this behavior is unnatural to human beings. It is not inborn, we are not born violent towards one another. It is learned.

The adoration of the agressor is so common in north american society, we fail to see it as it actually is, and fail to see the faults in ourselves for what we would readily accept and adore. We sympathize the punisher, the man out for revenge, and offer only disdain to they who would not hurt a fly. We excuse the punisher and the aggressor and verify each action he or she takes while those who are gentle suffer as they watch what happens before us.

We must consider what drives such a society. A repression of the wish to understand those who act out or express themselves or our ability to understand their point of view, no matter how distorted theirs may be? A need to dominate and exploit others because of those who hurt us before? We seem to have forgotten the "other people" in our own desires to be the aggressor and identify with as such. I personally believe that this is caused by the repression of Libra.

Over time my own thesis has been formulated that during the last few millennia humanity has slowly supresssed and exploited libra's fear of violence and destruction to dominate it and therefore also dominate and repress through the cultivation of violence its intelligence and objective ability to see what is truly false and wrong and simultaneously suit the emotional need to indirectly express insanity caused by one's own painful past.

Once exposed, I believe we will see how the supression of libra has affected society, as the age of aquarius will certianly clean up people's perceptions of things we previously accepted with blind satisfaction and optimism.

Any thoughts?

Sansamark

I am new to this forum but excited already by the interesting discussion. I am here to learn a bit more about astrology as i have recently become aware that there is something "else" out there governing this world. I do agree with you that the violence and anger in the world must be down to something other than human reaction though and i only hope it can be put right soon !;)

Last edited:

tsquare

Domination has a bad name for itself.
Domination + Rightness = Victory
Submission + Rightness = Martyrdom
Dominance + Wrongness = Tyranny

Dominance is important to survival so a part of human nature...the other part of man...the spritual part...that is not so geared on survival....
But the animal aspect, as I see it is important for the human being....
Human beings are competitive...this makes all things better....yet it can get out of hand.

There is the repression in Libra....with libra often no one wins....to much diplomacy....some games are silly though I can agree..

But even in violent games....if both can tolerate such they arn't that violent...take football or kickboxing for example..there is pride, honor, and respect for the opponent.....after the fight they may go out and eat lunch together.....maybe...it does happen...
But there is such thing as healthy competition...the ego is very important...one cant X it all out and expect to live....a balance of the elements are important.

Fire is important.

In my own opinion, I see lbra as an opresser.
Put a libra in a room with two competitors...
They will want the others to get allong...neither wins...it opresses two compettors...libra is also defined as indecission.
Mars is goal orriented and constrcutive....it is also improtant to the buliding of the body's mussle and blood structure....competitiveness is natural to the body...sorry....But I see you as wrong.

Allot of time what hurts one does not hurt another...society really IMO is becoming too sheepish.
I should clarify that, but I don;t have time for now....maybe later so subscribing to the thread.

Two people in battle or in a fight in apearance to one may just be playing..they can handle that much force....some can't....should we take away that ability from some for the sake of a deadly peace?
I don't see our views as opposing but slightly different....I can allow you to have yours....but I see you as wrong..(laugh) sorry.

I have seen two people punch eachother in the face and laugh about it...were they insane...no...they were boxers...there are positive aspects to this...there is training involved....there is the buliding up of the mussles.....the cardiovascualr system........
Imagine once...
Really imagine once the world without any compatition at all....there would be NO PROGRESS....NO CONSTRUCTION....still....it can get out of hand...TO much progress to fast really can mess things up....but Fire still is an element and a part of the rest....all the others naturally depend upon it as a part of their structure....It's just the way it is....it is natural to protest this though...

There is such thing as a deadly peace...it is called apathy.

With this I see your point though...still there is the spherics of awareness to look at....
A need to dominate and exploit others because of those who hurt us before?
That is silly I agree...to atribute it all to a supression of libra...hmm....as a thesis it may be involved some..I think there is more to it though....

But to never allow that to rise...the anger...the rage from the past....welll that is supression itself....it leads to apathy and death.
I see it as having to do with power issues...people getting caught up in being the identity of those that they were dominated by...and I do see that it can happen to anyone waking up...or in very powerfull possitions....it can happen.....power currupts when there is no responseability applied...

Yet comapatiton and all games are about the finding of the weakness of the opponent and exploiting it.....even a game like chess.
Not toom any people get hurt in chess.....people like games....they like to win....they even at times like to loose....
Chess is about domination...yet playing both sides of the board....like most games.....predicting the opponents next move....exploiting weaknesses...
Taking things from others.....

Without compatition there are no games...there is also no growth...
A society without fire is a dead society...sorry....

Revenge has little to do with agression...more to do with living in the past....agression is a here and now thing and is more present....
Should there be no more foot races as well? Those are agressive...people agressively race to the end to win, to beat others...to dominate the track..should we eliminate such?
Revenge is just an extreme of fire...sometimes oddly water....
Each eliment has it's possitive and negative atributes....
Air can actually be inhuman if extreme as well.....it can be cold and removed.....detatched........always putting order to things....an age of reason right?
Who is the king of reason?
I don't know what to make of this coming age yet.

Always being fair can mean the best can not be better then the worse.....I don;t know...odd isn't it though....
THe sun is important to life....how well does the sun sit in libra?
Life domiantes it's what it does to survive.

Last edited:

Nexus7

....Yet CEO Carter at least pointed out that many war generals had Libra strong in their charts. And need I point out that Hitler has Libra rising, with Uranus conjunct Asc in Libra in the 12th?

kronos

First of all, thank you so much MDH for starting this thread. I think it's an important conversation to be had. As for tsquare's comments, i understand what you are saying, but i think you are missing the point of the MDH's thread. he is not talking about chess matches or boxing matches, he is talking about the state mankind's collective psychology and behavior.

I will start by saying to MDH, that in some way, human beings are born selfish to a degree and perhaps even with a violent disposition (as much as this goes against my buddhist views). you can see this to be evident in young children. at that age, humans are in a very self-centered state of consciousness, and there is natural competition. you can see this when a child takes a toy awae from another child. but of course, and with sympathy to your point, MDH, the way that a child's elders rear him or her through maturation, moral, and psychological development, plays a very important part. young buddhist monks for example even as toddlers, are probably very pleasant and are not prone to having violent dispositions.

collectively, many kind is still living in the early stages of moral development. we still have this violent and self-serving disposition that you speak of. as you said, about 90% of us have been raised under the guise of violence. (have you noticed, by the way, that spanking has become an out-of-date form of punishment?) of course not all of mankind is like this, however. this world has seen the likes of shakyamuni buddha as well as hitler.

what i think is so important about the conversation you have started here, MDH, is that collectively, mankind must evolve to a higher state of judiciousness, dipolmacy, forgiveness, compassion. as for what tsquare has said, this doesn't mean passivity and apathy. this doesn't mean that there will be no more olympic games, baseball, chess matches, etc. I enjoy competitive endeavors. I am hockey goaltender myself!

collectively, our psyches have repressed the equality that is the essence of Libra energy. please, as you read this, think of examples in your own personal life. the competition we are speaking about in this case, is a destructive competition that thwarts the airy aromatic essence of love. brotherly love, sisterly love, and collective love.

as we interact with people throughout the day, throughout our lives, we harness feelings of resent and disdain for one another. what Libra energy is offering us, is a way to view other beings free of judgement and with compassion. the new man will not step on a june bug because he cannot stand a moment of idleness. but rather, he will see a june bug on its back and flip him back on to its feet.

I have read in a book called The Three Pillars of Zen, that the first thing the Buddha saw upon his enlightenment was the planet Venus, ruling planet of Libra. Isn't this very symbolic of the conversation that MDH has brought to this forum?

As a student of psychology, here's a few more thoughts for you. humans feel protected and immune when they view and act as if the other person is the threat. by projecting faults onto others, the individual feels safe. and so with global warfare, when we identify the other as the danger, we seek to eliminate them in order to protect our own existence.

this is the problem i have with mafia movies and tv shows. the entire theme is based upon revenge and the elimination of the other in order to protect the interests of the individual.

As we move into the age of aquarious, mankind as a global cimmunity will have to evolve its collective psyche towards a more loving state. as for tsquare, this is not to say that we should evolve into a mushy apathetic state, but rather, we must evolve into a state of being that is wise with discernment.

As the age of aquarious comes to fruition, every tragic and violent event will force mankind to "come to", to liberate the repressed energy of equality. Then tsquare, competitive sports will be mankind's outlet for a history of misplaced violence and oppression.

Nexus7

Our competitive instincts may be destructive, but I am still not convinced thast the problem is due to a suppression of Libran energy. In many ways, I suspect that Libra can be as competitive as Aries and considerably more ruthless if necessary, a steel fist in a velvet glove (who hear has ever had experience of negotiating, for example?).

In this respect, I could see Libran energy as part of the oppressor, too.

Eris, currently, is in Aries which is opposite Libra of course, here is a new planetary body that takes over 500 years to complete a cycle. It is certainly possible from this point of view that an awareness of a culture based on city-states and plundering more peaceful societies and subjugating them have impacted the mindset of human beings more than we have ever imagined. It can be difficult to see the impact of long-term cultural movements on human psyches because our life-spans are so short, but nations certainly last longer than we do and history lessons and upbringing get passed down in very unquestioning ways. Perhaps an awareness of the longer sycles of planetary bodies with much longer cycles may bring that more long-term sense of cultural context.

I am not that this awareness would lead to Aquarian Ages of Peace and Love, though. Perhaps it will take something more radical in the way that cildren are brought up from a very early age, to do something about the dog-eat-dogness and destructive tendencies to curb that. It might be worth pointing out that some anthrologists gave suggested that there was less aggressiveness and war-like tendencies before the emergence of city-states, which emerged about the time of the Iron Age.

Last edited: