Arabic Parts Calculations

Kerrie

Hi everyone,

Im having trouble in working out the 2 things re: Arabic Parts calculation.

1. Im not sure if I should use the ancient rulers or the modern rulers when calculating arabic parts???

2. As I live in Aus, I was also wondering if I should use the AM or PM version of the calculation. I was born in the morning in Aus, although when I convert my chart to Univ or Sid it is a nightime time???

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Kez

astro.teacher

1) Use the ancient. They have been tested for hundreds (if not thousands) of years, where as modern rulers have only been in use for the past hundred or so years, with very little expeirence behind them.

2) Use the time that you were born, dont convert it to universal time or any other time except the zone and time you were actually born in and on.

estrella

I've been working with Arabic Parts. At first I had some confusion regarding the whole am/pm thing. Some of the calculations are different depending upon an am or pm birth time.

At first I was thinking in terms of our modern concept of am/pm, but something didn't seem right. Turns out, after some research, that the proper way is to look at the chart and consider am to be when the sun is over the horizon line, and pm to be when the sun is below the horizon line.

For example, my friend whose lots I was doing was born at 6pm on August 4. Since his was a summer birth, even though the time is pm, the sun was still above the horizon line. I had to consider his 6pm birth a "daytime" birth.

Kerrie

estrella said:
I've been working with Arabic Parts. At first I had some confusion regarding the whole am/pm thing. Some of the calculations are different depending upon an am or pm birth time.

At first I was thinking in terms of our modern concept of am/pm, but something didn't seem right. Turns out, after some research, that the proper way is to look at the chart and consider am to be when the sun is over the horizon line, and pm to be when the sun is below the horizon line.

For example, my friend whose lots I was doing was born at 6pm on August 4. Since his was a summer birth, even though the time is pm, the sun was still above the horizon line. I had to consider his 6pm birth a "daytime" birth.

Oh god this has confused me! Now I was born 3 March 10.10am in Australia, The first month of our Autumn. Does that make me a AM or PM?

estrella

look at your chart. if the sun is above the horizon line (line that goes from 1st house cusp to the other side of the chart) it is considered am. if the sun is below the horizon it is considered pm. very easy.