Modern Times - The Rise of the Individual

byjove

Account Closed
I highly recommend this article for a good read. If you're interested in sociology, it's particularly interesting and it's also at times very humorous! It discusses the astronomical rise of living alone in the past 50 years, why, how and pros and cons of it.

My take is that this is, for better or worse, the rise of the individual. I wonder is it the survival of selfishness and being unable to compromise and share, or is it in fact a wandering and individual spirit that is now enabled in the modern times to follow their own path?

I did also wonder about this from an astrological perspective. For modern interpretation, are we mostly looking to Uranus, but also to the Sun, 5th house and perhaps Mars? What about from a traditional perspective?

Enjoy!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/mar/30/the-rise-of-solo-living

Moog

You might enjoy the Adam Curtis TV series 'Century of the Self'

You can probably find it on you tube.

powerion

law of motion then, for every person who rises one will fall. I was thinkin about this, bible saying or nastrodamus cant remember which..hahahaha but anyways they said you will see men who become lady and lady who become men. Basically if life is about doing whats the hardest what you are more afraid off. So men who have been tuff *** all their life have to man up and become REAL Men and take hold of love in there life, become one with there other side, same goes for woman, and same goes vice versa. I believe myself to be and always have been 100%more female than man in me nothing but woman in my family... I have been asking my mom lots of questions like what life was like when I wasnt born yet n stuff, trying to figure out what was going on what type of energy. Not to mention my dad is a complete tuff *** because he didnt really know his dad, he shows no feelings and holds everything back(I have this around him), I have NEVER been in a fight with my mom and she has always had a smile on her face holds nothing back(I Have this around her). Scorpio Dad who is intense with loving pisces mom = me the first born male aquarius! they are opposites, and perfectly complete each other, without they would fail, I feel like I have to make it for them, I am like their chance at union or something.