Children in natal chart?

Gwenyhfair

I just found out my best friend is pregnant. I don't have her exact birth time but I started to think about this whole thing of having kids. I'm not in a relationship and have no thoughts about getting a child somehow on my ow n. I 'm already 38 and have no urge to get pregnant. So I just wonder, is there any way to see in a natal chart if the person is going to have kids? Or is it a question simply dedicated to vedic and horary astrology?

I found this on the net: The number of children the mother will have can be easily determined by the 'influence' on the mother's 5th house; jupiter influencing it will give more than three children, while saturn will give at best two if not less. Saturn strong there will suggest late bearing of children; if mercury, then early; if jupiter, many children; and if saturn, limited number of children even with delayed effects.

Guess what. I have mercury in my fifth house. I was pregnant once when I was 24...

Gwenyhfair

Thanks JJ.

I found the E. of medical astrology most helpful. The vedic stuff is just too mumbojumbo to me. I´m not interested in adoption, concieving or fertility, birth control since I´m in no relationship and do not wish to have kids alone. I´m just curious.

According to the Encyclopedia I´m a fruitful sign and have moon, venus and merc in fruitful signs in H3 and 5:D Jupiter is squaring moon and mars is squaring venus. Are these to be considered as ill aspects? Prohibiting or prolonging the birth of children in my life? Also Aries the barren sign is on my fifth house cusp.

I´ve always felt physically like a mother but my psyche feels different. My 11 hs is empty but ruler of the house is in venus in house 5:confused: