What are Femme Fatale significators in the chart?

Horus

ohhhhh interesting discussion.

I have one: Venus in the 8th: Venus in the 8th house can penetrate into a deeper level of relating than most people. No other placement of Venus can understand the unconscious side of relationships. Venus in this house is attracted to deeper and dangerous levels of engagement. They crave intense, deep, emotional relationships, and would even prefer a stormy, tumultuous relationship to one which is smooth but lacking in depth.

Those with Venus here may be drawn into power-struggles and destructive relationships, and they are prone to jealousy The individual loves with all consuming, total devotion and expect the same attention from a partner. ...and if she doesn't get it she would seek to destroy her partner.

Very interesting gisele, thankyou. This is much like the Scorpion Venus of course, but I seriously doubt that anyone would consciously "prefer a stormy, tumultuous relationship" . I know that the 8th house Venus with whom I'm currently enamored does not want this!

gisele

Very interesting gisele, thankyou. This is much like the Scorpion Venus of course, but I seriously doubt that anyone would consciously "prefer a stormy, tumultuous relationship" . I know that the 8th house Venus with whom I'm currently enamored does not want this!

hehehe!! I can tell you that there are lots of people who can't get enough of doomed relationships... I used to be like that as well... I was only interested in the fatal attractions...And I did a lot of damage in my course and of course got burned several times myself. I needed that. It sounds strange and I cannot explain it.

BUT luckily I learned, upgraded my relationship model and moved on.

Now I channel my dark vibes into something more productive :)

And I am glad your 8 house Venus love interest is sweet as pie, just keep her on her toes a little bit ;-)

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

ohhhhh interesting discussion.

I have one: Venus in the 8th: Venus in the 8th house can penetrate into a deeper level of relating than most people. No other placement of Venus can understand the unconscious side of relationships. Venus in this house is attracted to deeper and dangerous levels of engagement. They crave intense, deep, emotional relationships, and would even prefer a stormy, tumultuous relationship to one which is smooth but lacking in depth.

Those with Venus here may be drawn into power-struggles and destructive relationships, and they are prone to jealousy The individual loves with all consuming, total devotion and expect the same attention from a partner. ...and if she doesn't get it she would seek to destroy her partner.

I relate to this with Venus (and Mercury) in trine with Pluto. :tongue: Its very much true as well, drama in relationships. Not sure if its femme fatale though? Relationships with Venus/Pluto are usually true, deep and transformative. Femme fatale, I get the impression, can tend to be more superficial?

Claire19

Some very interesting comments..

I personally don't think a femme fatale is necessarily ruthless. Charming and a temptress, a siren, yes, and the "fatal" bit comes from possibly devouring men (or women!) and being an utter heart breaker.

The term brings to mind many a famous woman, including Rita Hayworth and the roles she famously played. But she, as an example, never played ruthless and cold, quite the opposite. She was beguiling, slippery and impossible to tame or conquer. And men craved her and yet ended up in ruin. That's a femme fatale in my book :cool:
But you see they dont play ruthless and cold, just the opposite or they would not attract or seduce.. But in their hearts they are cool.
I would love to have looked just like Rita Hayworth...sigh...:love:

Claire19

WHAT ABOUT?
(Venus in Scorpio conjunction Pluto) opposite Moon in Taurus.
Ruler of the ascendant in the 8th
Mars in Virgo 29 degrees (almost in libra) in the 10th house.
Lilith in Libra
The final dispositors of my chart are Pluto and Saturn
Moon in Taurus is sensual and acquisitive....Mars in Virgo would preclude any real sexual promiscuity or sensuality in general. Venus in Scorpio conjunct Pluto yes I can see that.... I have ruler of the ascendant in the 8th as well as Venus and Mars in Libra sextile Pluto
and have played the seductress for sure but I am not innately cool enough to seduce for my own ends...

gisele

I relate to this with Venus (and Mercury) in trine with Pluto. :tongue: Its very much true as well, drama in relationships. Not sure if its femme fatale though? Relationships with Venus/Pluto are usually true, deep and transformative. Femme fatale, I get the impression, can tend to be more superficial?

In my books, a femme fatale is a cold man eater as well, but there is usually a reason why she turned out that way.

And a destructive and painful first relationship that burned a woman (who is susceptible to these fatal attractions) can lead to this ruthless behaviour towards other men. Femme fatales manipulate, seduce, and seek attention/devotion because they have a huge hole inside. They feed off their victims to bolster their self-esteem (other than was stated earlier in the thread I think they are emotionally extremely insecure, but of course not when it comes to appearance..)

A lot of passion and deep feelings turned bad make a femme fatale.

It is this raging pain that turns them cold towards other's feelings.

Last edited:

Caro

hmmmm i would say I can be a bit like this

I have scorpio rising. mars in 12th. maybe other planets in 12th .

if you added to this venus conj saturn.

wasnt Ava Gardner like this with frank sinatra. she drove him insane.So maybe look at her chart if available.

Love2Know

In my books, a femme fatale is a cold man eater as well, but there is usually a reason why she turned out that way.

And a destructive and painful first relationship that burned a woman (who is susceptible to these fatal attractions) can lead to this ruthless behaviour towards other men. Femme fatales manipulate, seduce, and seek attention/devotion because they have a huge hole inside. They feed off their victims to bolster their self-esteem (other than was stated earlier in the thread I think they are emotionally extremely insecure, but of course not when it comes to appearance..)

A lot of passion and deep feelings turned bad make a femme fatale.

It is this raging pain that turns them cold towards other's feelings.

EXactly, like the evil queen in Once Upon a Time Series........so saturn plays a big role and how the moon interprets and deals with the pain. Like I been cold a bit but my leo moon always warms me back up in time and I get optimistic again but it is also in the first.

Attachments

• Once-Upon-a-Time-Evil-Queen_1318599179.jpg
    Once-Upon-a-Time-Evil-Queen_1318599179.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Horus

hehehe!! I can tell you that there are lots of people who can't get enough of doomed relationships... I used to be like that as well... I was only interested in the fatal attractions...And I did a lot of damage in my course and of course got burned several times myself. I needed that. It sounds strange and I cannot explain it.

The keyword I chose is "consciously". Most people aren't consciously looking for mayhem and heartbreak when they get involved with another person. And if danger is actually sought out consciously, it is just youthful or immature thrill-seeking-- reckless, destructive, and inconsiderate, or, it's a wounded person operating from their shadow with a deranged vendetta against the opposite sex. But yes some people find themselves in doomed relationships thanks to negative love karma and/or subconscious patterns and both must be healed or resolved.

BUT luckily I learned, upgraded my relationship model and moved on.

Now I channel my dark vibes into something more productive :)

And I am glad your 8 house Venus love interest is sweet as pie, just keep her on her toes a little bit ;-)

Kudos for learning your lessons and focusing your energy positively, gisele. That's what it's all about.

My H8 Venus love interest is no longer "mine" sadly :crying:, and she is indeed very kind with good intentions, but when difficult transits hit (like T Saturn conjunct Venus) it caused upheaval and tumult, and such transits do indeed keep us on our toes, so we can learn, change and grow. Hopefully.:unsure:

Last edited:

iwonder

Here is what Wikipedia says:

"A femme fatale (
11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png
/ˌfɛm fəˈtæl/ or /ˌfɛm fəˈtɑːl/; French: [fam fatal], with all [a]'s) is a mysterious and seductive woman[1] whose charms ensnare her lovers in bonds of irresistible desire, often leading them into compromising, dangerous, and deadly situations. She is an archetype of literature and art. Her ability to entrance and hypnotize her victim with a spell was in the earliest stories seen as being literally supernatural; hence, the femme fatale today is still often described as having a power akin to an enchantress, seductress, vampire, witch, or demon."

I read: combination of Neptune and Pluto influences on Mars and Venus. At least as far as seduction and hypnotizing goes. The ruthlessness aspect, I think, would come form some form of selfishness, and that would be negative Sun and Mars characteristics. Maybe afflicted Moon. Saturn maybe as it is cold-headed.

I could very well be a femme fatale:

Mars in tight conjunction with Pluto in Libra, 8th house.
Both sextile Neptune
Sun and Venus in the 8th
Moon in Scorpio

A look straight into the eyes is often all it takes. I saw men blush when I look them in the eyes (while talking about business!) I get asked out by younger guys. I do not dress suggestively, don't wear a lot of jewelry or makeup, but I know I send vibes (don't do anything to stop it) and every interaction with men has sexual undertones to it. Can't help it. I like to charm and at the same time act completely unassuming. In most cases I am not much interested in the guy. I would lie if I said I didn't enjoy it. Heck, I do! :devil: But I would think it is pretty normal for a woman, is it not?

I think I should work on that. The powers are there, I just haven't used them to full advantage. Haha.

But seriously, I won't ever. I think it would take more earth and fire in a chart. I have way too much water to be ruthless. I will fall in for some drama and get hurt myself.

Jamisyn

I find this topic very interesting because I have been referred to many times by both men and women as some version of a "femme fatal." However, I think it is meant in the sense that I tend to draw a lot of intense sexual attention or interest, often unwanted and unrequited and at times scary. I have had stalkers, ex's threatening to kill themselves if I leave them, men that were sexually obsessed with me and I've been sexually assaulted...many creepy experieces. It is mostly unconcsious and unintentional, I never approach anything with intent, at worst I intend harmless flirtation or am just trying to be nice. I do have a very acute awareness of my own sexual nature, but even when I feel unattractive and am in no way trying to be sexual somehow people tend to pick up on it.
I've been told my chart is very sexual, and I do have many of the things mentioned. Ven sq my Pluto/Saturn conjunction in Libra nearly exact. Lilith in Aquarius is in the 8th and trines my Sun/Mars (exact conjunction) in Gem (12th house (Neptune) and also sextiles Juno in Aries in the 10th. I have Venus in the first, and Pisces moon with Cancer AS and Pisces MC. A LOT of Neptune influence in my chart. I completely agree with what has been mentioned about people projecting their fantasies onto those with a strong Neptune influence, I absolutely think that happens to me! My moon (AS/chart ruler) is very afflicted it squares my sun/mars conjunction and my jupiter/uranus conjunction and conjuncts my MC...I have a very confilcted chart so I don't doubt that I tend to give off a lot of energy, intentional or not. I also have Scorpio in my 5th house which I'm sure adds to the pot.
Anyway thought I'd post my chart for you to look at as an unfortunate example of a so-called "femme fatal" lol.

Attachments

• Natal Chart.pdf
    30.5 KB · Views: 49

Claire19

Hello dear astrologers,

I been interested in the theme of femme fatale or distructive woman in astrology, and I ve found that some combinations of signs and planets such as Mars in Libra, Venus in Aries or Scorpio can make a woman a Femme Fatale ...

What are your thoughts about that?
Pluto connected to Venus and Mars. Strong 8th house.
However I have Mars Venus in Libra in the 8th house and have never considered myself a femme fatale really. At one stage I think that I gave that impression when my Progressed Sun went into all that Libra as I have Jupiter there too. I have certainly been one in my imagination at times.:biggrin: I am very sexual and like sex but I am not promiscuous nor ever have been and am more cautious l and I think that is the Saturn in Leo in the 5th sextiling Mars Venus.

Last edited:

Claire19

The 5th degree of Taurus in Ascendant shows a femme fatale woman. ( I cant remember where i read that)
Forget where you read that, it is not true. :pouty: It is more complex than a mere degree of Taurus rising. Venus is ruling for now but I think Earth is true ruler, that is another story. If that Venus connects with Saturn for instance, then the opposite of a femme female may well be true.
Astrology is much more complex than all that, thankfully.

!4C

Does Femme Fatale have to be a certain mischievous scenario?

I definitely see the taurus side of venus in some flirtatious women, especially ones already in committed relationships. It is a way of self valuation, so the second house might become involved.

Then there are the stereotypical femme fatales that seem go beyond self-esteem issues to downright power junkies. They become intoxicated by their ability to control people with their charms. This makes me think of leo and scorpio energy with a strong pluto.

Then there are the Eris women. They come on strong at the beginning, but then turn against the relationship later. When their partner moves one to someone else, they become jealous and try to retaliate. These people baffle me. I guess they want the relationship all along, but succumb to fatalistic view that all their relationships will eventually fail.

Yet another scenario is when beauty alone can create the accidental femme fatale. In other words, the women don't do anything intentional to create the situation. It is the people their beauty attract that fall under their own dangerous neptune spell. Some people will do anything for pretty face. At first you would think that an angular venus would be involved, but different people find different things beautiful so I guess any women could potentially be a femme fatale to certain people.

Claire19

I don't know but I'd be interested in knowing!
I have Mars in Libra conjunct Lilith on the Desc! Would that make me a bit of a "femme fatale"? My mother has Lilith in Libra also and Moon in Scorpio and she was beautiful and wanted but cold and using/destroying her partner.I've read that Lilith in Libra could make a woman a bit of "femme fatale" but with relationship related problems she should resolve.
I dont do Lilith and the 7th house deals with our partnerships and relationships. Moon in Scorpio can mean manipulative emotionally and perhap using sex to dominate in that way but the whole chart has to seen.

Caro

!4C - i like the breakdown and how you described related to the major planets.
a friend at school a taurean - was very much as you describe. a very earthy character had her own horses which she looked after! (those horsey/country folk)

Lilith is often described in this way but someone projecting this image might have it on the asc. Marilyn Monroe had a lilith conj asc, I think Beyonce has this and some other singers. Also Prince William(UK)

of the old film stars - I think Jane Russell to me is the archetype femme fatal
Jane - venus in taurus, lilith in aqua.
or Ava Gardner. Im not sure if there is actual correct chart details on either.
lilith in aries, many piscean planets she was nicknamed 'angel' and 'snowdrop'
so perhaps not FF material.

Last edited:

wan

I hate generalizations on placements like this, as I have Mars in Libra and Venus in Scorpio -am I a Dude Fatale? lol Definitely not.

However I do have personal experience with a "femme fatale", I fell into her snares a couple of times and was hurt badly. She is 34, and does have Venus in Aries but it is opposite Pluto so I think Claire's point on that is likely valid.

Not all femme fatales are consciously malicious, and some are acting out negative, subconscious patterns which are inevitably destructive to their men. Same applies to male fatales. And really, it takes "two to tango" so to speak, there is an energetic match there, and on some level a so-called "victim" of a person fatale signed up for the experience, ultimately for learning and growth, even if it is painful! :crying:
"dude fatale" god I lol'd hard, good job