Node information suggestions?

8xkqz3

Hi all.

I've been slowly learning the basics of astrology. Hopefully participating in the forum will help me to assimilate the concepts a bit quicker.

I'm currently struggling with understanding north and south nodes in my own chart.

Any suggestions for online resources I can use to learn would be much appreciated! Or any thoughts you want to share would be a great help.

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    50 KB · Views: 50

Babylon Tortoise

Re: Beginner hoping to learn

you'll find some excellent links dotted around the site, often in the sigs of senior members ;)

i don't have any to pass you right now though

how is your astrological study going? what methodology are you approaching it with, and what are your findings so far?

i'm asking from a pretty n00b perspective myself - following the heart chakra as best i can, picking up little bits here and there on the way :)

welcome! :p

JUPITERASC

Hi all.

I've been slowly learning the basics of astrology.
Hopefully participating in the forum will help me to assimilate the concepts a bit quicker.

I'm currently struggling with understanding north and south nodes in my own chart.

Any suggestions for online resources I can use to learn would be much appreciated!
Or any thoughts you want to share would be a great help.
LUNAR NODES EXPLAINED http://www.lunarliving.org/moon/lunar-nodes1.html :smile:

Larxene

Hmm, in the Hellenistic texts, I rarely come across the North and South Nodes. In the later traditional astrological texts, opinions on the nodes are as follows. There are generally two interpretations. One faction says that the North Node (also known as Caput Draconis, the Head of the Dragon) is benefic (some might say, of the nature of Jupiter/Venus), while the South Node (Cauda Draconis, the Tail of the Dragon) is malefic (of the nature of Saturn/Mars). The other faction believes that both nodes are malefic.

I believe the 2nd opinion is the more ancient one.

Larxene Xenohart

8xkqz3

you'll find some excellent links dotted around the site, often in the sigs of senior members ;)

how is your astrological study going? what methodology are you approaching it with, and what are your findings so far?

i'm asking from a pretty n00b perspective myself - following the heart chakra as best i can, picking up little bits here and there on the way :)

I'm so new I don't really even have a methodology that I'm following. I just pick thing out on my chart and start googling for information. I'm open to suggestions:happy:

8xkqz3

Hmm, in the Hellenistic texts, I rarely come across the North and South Nodes. In the later traditional astrological texts, opinions on the nodes are as follows. There are generally two interpretations. One faction says that the North Node (also known as Caput Draconis, the Head of the Dragon) is benefic (some might say, of the nature of Jupiter/Venus), while the South Node (Cauda Draconis, the Tail of the Dragon) is malefic (of the nature of Saturn/Mars). The other faction believes that both nodes are malefic.

Larxene Xenohart

I appreciate the link. I think I'll need to read through it a few times to get the specifics.

Babylon Tortoise

Larxene Xenohart

This is really interesting :) When I look at mine I see plenty of resonance. I have learned difficult lessons which are very overtly related to the best and worst of the signs where they reside - but the North certainly points to my implied future, and the south is yet still a grace-note speaking of similar turnaround.

Certainly it is a dragon! But perhaps it is only malefic, head or tail, before we achieve perspective, and follow it's winding path on to resolution?

Kitchy

Banned
Hello -

I like Donna Cunningham's Node book - The Nodes. It's a good place to start, and it might also help you integrate sign and planet and house learning too.

Good luck.

8xkqz3

Hello -

I like Donna Cunningham's Node book - The Nodes. It's a good place to start, and it might also help you integrate sign and planet and house learning too.

Good luck.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

I'm familiar with her Pluto book. It put some important pieces together for me.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hi 8xkqz3,

There are many great references listed by forum members.

I will give you just a bit of information about your nodal axis.

You have a 6h NN in Pisces, 12h SN in Virgo.
Moon conjunct SN.

You have something called a reverse nodal axis.
This is when the signs of the nodes fall in the opposite house to its natural zodiac placement. Virgo’s natural house is 6h, Pisces 12h. So you can see how the nodes are in the opposite houses to natural placements.

This means that you have been working on Pisces/Virgo energy for many lifetimes, and it is time for a deeper integration of the sign energies in a more focused way.

A 6h NN in Pisces indicates that your soul mission in this life is to channel spiritual energy from the 12 house collective into the 6th house of service and every day life. It will be a practical down to earth spiritual service.

The Moon conjunct your SN also emphasizes that you have been working on this nodal axis for many lifetimes and you are to work on developing the positive energies of both signs.

The Moon conjunct may pull you back into old patterns of behavior which are not healthy.
12h is the house of karma and you have some karma around mothering and being mothered.
There were issues around mothering or having excessive feelings and behavior along Virgo lines, critical and self righteous, or perhaps overly immersed in servitude. The goal in this life is to be of service, but not a servant, use good judgement but not be pedantic or critical. You may also be pulled back into old emotions which don’t seem to fit the current life circumstance. The Virgo SN will give you a grounding for the Pisces energy and allow to be a practical mystic or spiritual mentor.

Julia

8xkqz3

Hi 8xkqz3,

There are many great references listed by forum members.

I will give you just a bit of information about your nodal axis.

You have a 6h NN in Pisces, 12h SN in Virgo.
Moon conjunct SN.

You have something called a reverse nodal axis.
This is when the signs of the nodes fall in the opposite house to its natural zodiac placement. Virgo’s natural house is 6h, Pisces 12h. So you can see how the nodes are in the opposite houses to natural placements.

This means that you have been working on Pisces/Virgo energy for many lifetimes, and it is time for a deeper integration of the sign energies in a more focused way.

A 6h NN in Pisces indicates that your soul mission in this life is to channel spiritual energy from the 12 house collective into the 6th house of service and every day life. It will be a practical down to earth spiritual service.

The Moon conjunct your SN also emphasizes that you have been working on this nodal axis for many lifetimes and you are to work on developing the positive energies of both signs.

The Moon conjunct may pull you back into old patterns of behavior which are not healthy.
12h is the house of karma and you have some karma around mothering and being mothered.
There were issues around mothering or having excessive feelings and behavior along Virgo lines, critical and self righteous, or perhaps overly immersed in servitude. The goal in this life is to be of service, but not a servant, use good judgement but not be pedantic or critical. You may also be pulled back into old emotions which don’t seem to fit the current life circumstance. The Virgo SN will give you a grounding for the Pisces energy and allow to be a practical mystic or spiritual mentor.

Julia

Thank you so much! That really helps me see past what seemed like a closed loop. The karma information is also very spot on.

Julia Karmic Astrology

This is really interesting :) When I look at mine I see plenty of resonance. I have learned difficult lessons which are very overtly related to the best and worst of the signs where they reside - but the North certainly points to my implied future, and the south is yet still a grace-note speaking of similar turnaround.

Certainly it is a dragon! But perhaps it is only malefic, head or tail, before we achieve perspective, and follow it's winding path on to resolution?

Babylon Tortoise, you have stated the nodal axis dynamic quite well.

Great sig line too.

Julia

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

Thank you so much! That really helps me see past what seemed like a closed loop. The karma information is also very spot on.
I am glad this was helpful 8x.

I am glad that you can now see the energy flowing back and forth between the SN and NN.
It is a challenging energy, especially with your moon conjunct the SN and in the 12h. But you are sufficiently advanced with this energy to handle it in this life. The 12h Moon is a karmic debt that must be paid off in this life. This could be a personal debt, or more of a collective, societal debt.

Now, if you would like to expand your knowledge base, and because this is the recommendation forum, I suggest you recast your chart with the aspects to the nodal axis shown. You are then going to see that the nodal axis is not a closed loop. There is energy being sent to the axis from other planets to help or challenge you.

The best way to start learning any complicated assessment tool like astrology is to start with your own chart. Once you learn the basics of your own natal chart, you can move on to other charts.

Since you posted on the recommendation forum I think you are looking for much more than just a reading, but want information on the theory and practice of nodal readings. You have completed Step #1 on reading the nodal axis, the Step #2 is to look at the chart as a whole to determine how the rest of the chart impacts the nodes.

Julia

8xkqz3

I am glad this was helpful 8x.

I am glad that you can now see the energy flowing back and forth between the SN and NN.
It is a challenging energy, especially with your moon conjunct the SN and in the 12h. But you are sufficiently advanced with this energy to handle it in this life. The 12h Moon is a karmic debt that must be paid off in this life. This could be a personal debt, or more of a collective, societal debt.

Now, if you would like to expand your knowledge base, and because this is the recommendation forum, I suggest you recast your chart with the aspects to the nodal axis shown. You are then going to see that the nodal axis is not a closed loop. There is energy being sent to the axis from other planets to help or challenge you.

The best way to start learning any complicated assessment tool like astrology is to start with your own chart. Once you learn the basics of your own natal chart, you can move on to other charts.

Since you posted on the recommendation forum I think you are looking for much more than just a reading, but want information on the theory and practice of nodal readings. You have completed Step #1 on reading the nodal axis, the Step #2 is to look at the chart as a whole to determine how the rest of the chart impacts the nodes.

Julia

Again, so helpful!! I have been trying to figure out how to work with the nodes but didn't think of looking at the aspects for clues. Thanks so much. With just 2 posts you've helped me focus instead of continuing to spin my wheels.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Again, so helpful!! I have been trying to figure out how to work with the nodes but didn't think of looking at the aspects for clues. Thanks so much. With just 2 posts you've helped me focus instead of continuing to spin my wheels.

If you would like to post your chart with the aspects to the Nodes, I can walk you through it. You have a fairly complicated nodal axis, 6/12, Pisces/Virgo. It is a serve or suffer axis with challenges and gifts.

Continue to read the recommended texts to learn about these houses and signs.
And then start reading about aspects to the nodes.

Julia

8xkqz3

If you would like to post your chart with the aspects to the Nodes, I can walk you through it. You have a fairly complicated nodal axis, 6/12, Pisces/Virgo. It is a serve or suffer axis with challenges and gifts.

Continue to read the recommended texts to learn about these houses and signs.
And then start reading about aspects to the nodes.

Julia

I really appreciate your guidance. I seem to bounce between serve/ suffer.

It looks like the stellium is involved which is another piece that seems to elude my attempts to interpret it in any meaningful way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 28

Julia Karmic Astrology

It looks like the stellium is involved which is another piece that seems to elude my attempts to interpret it in any meaningful way.

I know, I know, I myself have a 6/12 Pisces/Virgo reversed nodal axis, so I feel your pain. :(

Julia

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hang in there, you are doing fine.

Continue to break it all down into manageable steps.

Yes, bingo, excellent. I was hoping once you added the aspects to the Nodes, you would see how the nodal axis is connected to your Taurus stellium.

So this means it is time to understand your Taurus stellium.
What do the stellium planets mean when they are in Taurus?
What kind of energy does Taurus represent?
What does it mean when when the stellium is in 8/9 houses?
What is the significance of a stellium in a chart?

Then, what is the meaning of the stellium planets connected to the Nodes?

And is the stellium/node connection easy or challenging?
(In karmic work easy aspects mean you have successfully worked on the energies in question, challenging means these are hard lessons for you.)

Also take a look at the NN connection to Uranus.
Do you know what kind of aspect this is?
It is not marked on your chart as an aspect because in traditional astrology it is considered a minor aspect so has a small orb, but in karmic work it is a major aspect so has a wider orb.

You can see that there is quite a bit of nodal interaction with other parts of your chart.
I will keep helping you get a handle on it.

Julia