Quincunx/inconjunct aspect in natal chart

Hi everyone!

I have yet another question (very eager to learn!)!
I appear to have 3 quincunx aspects:
* MC (leo) - moon (capricorn, in 3rd);
* SUn conjunct North Node (Taurus, in 7th) - uranus (Sagittarius, in 2nd);
* and Vertex (Gemini, in 8th) - Pluto (Scorpio, in 1st ) conjunct Asc (Libra).

Are these important for the interpretion of a natal chart? SOme astrologers think these are not that interesting, but considering that I appear to have 3..
Do they provide much instability or can they be helpful?
I'm very curious to hear what you think about them.
Thanks so much if you're willing to reply! :biggrin:

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 18

JUPITERASC

Hi everyone!

I have yet another question (very eager to learn!)!
I appear to have 3 quincunx aspects:
* MC (leo) - moon (capricorn, in 3rd);
* SUn conjunct North Node (Taurus, in 7th) - uranus (Sagittarius, in 2nd);
* and Vertex (Gemini, in 8th) - Pluto (Scorpio, in 1st ) conjunct Asc (Libra).

Are these important for the interpretion of a natal chart? SOme astrologers think these are not that interesting, but considering that I appear to have 3..
Do they provide much instability or can they be helpful?
I'm very curious to hear what you think about them.
Thanks so much if you're willing to reply! :biggrin:
Ancient astrologers named the 150 degree aspect as a 'Disjunct' :smile:
One way your quincunx could work: it may indicate a need to make an adjustment .....

I haven't thought of the quincunx as a "bad" aspect, personally, and I have a couple of close ones in my natal chart. One of them involves my Ascendant-Mars, and early on in life, I found that I needed to adjust the way I presented myself to people so that I don't come on too strong. I think that working on this quincunx may have helped me learn a little patience, which is ultimately a good thing.
:)

Zarathu

Account Closed
IMO, inconjuncts are very significant. They represent a reorganization, a situation where solving the issue that they represent will take lots more time and or expense than it looks like on the surface.

But at the same time, they also provide the opportunity to go back and fix things again and again.

This is significantly different than a square or an opposition. A square means that you can solve it but that it will just take endless detail and nose to the grindstone to get it done. An opposition is a glass ceiling. You will not be able to deal with it unless you break through beyond the box. An opposition is like the chick in the egg, if it doesn't go beyond being stuck in its egg and break through into the new world he will be stuck in his closed cage forever.

So for me there are several major aspects never to be forgotten: conjunction, sextile, square, opposition, and inconjunct.

Z

Last edited:
JUPITERASC & Zarathu: thanks for your posts!

It's clear to me now that these inconjunctions should not be overlooked.
However, I am not that good in interpreting these aspects (yet). I am autodidact when it comes to astrology (still a lot to learn!).
Could you offer an interpretation on these inconjunctions in the signs, houses or interaspects? I am trying to find more info on them on the internet, but this is proven to be a difficult task (maybe I am just not looking in the right places).

I'm especially interested in the MC - Moon quincunx (see also my other post:http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61290), as my MC is quite aspected with other planets and I am currently experiencing stagnation with regard to my career, or more specifically, my academic education. I want to turn this around!
I am seeking to use the positive influences of the inconjuncts (and the other aspects of my chart) to get ahead in life/my career. I really dislike stagnation and routine, as well as the general feeling that things are not heading anywhere.

Thanks so much! :happy:

Almost forgot: Uranus is currently in conjunct with my natal Venus (lasting until february 2014).
Does this have any significance for my career/ should it be taken into regard when analyzing the quincunx aspects etc.?

Thanks!

JUPITERASC

"Planets inconjunct = out of each others sight which can sometimes be translated as non-cooperative, not in touch, unable to communicate and so on :smile:

They are not in a position from which they can communicate with each other in any way and, unless they are brought together by a third planet, they stay out of touch.

But, even then, the distance between them has a symbolical meaning..."
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5572