Horoscope and marriage - questions

Olga

Hi all,

I am new here so do not get mad at me if I ask a few stupid questions.
I would like to get some help with understanding a natal chart put together for me by a professional astrologer. Besides my professionally put together natal chart I also spent some time on the Internet reading different interpretations here and there and then comparing them to my configurations. Let me first give you my data and then follow up with my questions. Here is what I got:

Sun in Leo
Sun in 8th house
Sun square Moon
Sun conjunction Mars
Sun conj Sa/Ur

Just do not laugh at the questions I will ask. Here they are:

1) Is it true that Sun in 8th house may mean widowship for women?

2) In my case the Sun is in the 8th house and is in conjunction with Mars - conjunction does NOT mean that the Sun is hit by Mars, does it? When astrologers say "hit" what do they mean, "opposition"? Or any aspect - i.e. conj, square, opposition - counts as "hit"?

The reason why I am asking is because I read an opinion that if the Sun in 8th house is hit by Mars it may mean problems with inheritance and even violence.

3) I read that "Sun conj Mars - for women - means an unhappy marriage and if it is in addition hit by Saturn or Uranus that may mean widowship". The questions is similar to #2 - does "Sun conj Sa/Ur" qualify as "hit"?

4) Last but not least. "If Sun has ANY aspect with Saturn or Uranus it means late marriage, bad marriage or early widowship".

Sorry if I posted my questions at a wrong place.

Welcome to AW,

We are all visual people here-- so you need to post your chart..:biggrin:

It be most helpful to ‘post’ your chart (rather than data), for others to comment on as we are all visual. For help on how to do this, go here. There is an option in Extended chart selection to ‘anonymised drawing (without name)’ box http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

1) Is it true that Sun in 8th house may mean widowship for women? absolutely not

2) In my case the Sun is in the 8th house and is in conjunction with Mars - conjunction does NOT mean that the Sun is hit by Mars, does it? When astrologers say "hit" what do they mean, "opposition"? Or any aspect - i.e. conj, square, opposition - counts as "hit"? No it means it's within 0'-8' mathematically. conj, square, opposition are ALL maths. Remember from school days oppositions are 180', squares 90' etc There is 360' in a natal chart and if you follow Equal house system = divide by 12 = each house has 30'

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now (mathematical) aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

The reason why I am asking is because I read an opinion that if the Sun in 8th house is hit by Mars it may mean problems with inheritance and even violence. sun conj mars suggest someone has strong ego and could be wilful

3) I read that "Sun conj Mars - for women - means an unhappy marriage and if it is in addition hit by Saturn or Uranus that may mean widowship". The questions is similar to #2 - does "Sun conj Sa/Ur" qualify as "hit"? why are you SO obsessed with widowhood?

4) Last but not least. "If Sun has ANY aspect with Saturn or Uranus it means late marriage, bad marriage or early widowship".

If Saturn were in the 7th house ie: marriage house Saturn could delay marriage until at least 1st saturn return (usually 28-30years old). Uranus in 7th is the divorce planet BUT your questions ALL relate to 8th house...

http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrology/interpreting/houses/house8.html

May I suggest you read the 'welcome sticky' at the top of this forum? It has some great explanations, links etc and also has links to forum rules & regs...At the top of every forum there are lots of ‘stickys’ which explain matters in that forum, along with guidelines, tips and forum rules

Sun square moon can suggest 'divided or divorced parents'

When a sun sign is conjunct a heavyweight planet from Saturn onwards, ie: Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, that sun person automatically becomes and honorary Saturian, Uranian, Neptunian and Plutonian cos the contact with very strong

So if you have sun conj Saturn can suggest a problem relating to father, men or authority figures and he could have been strict, aloof, distant. Now sun conj Uranus suggests impatience and wanting to do something unsual that would involve your pride and ego, plus father could have been a bit eccentric, unusal to.

Olga

Thank you for your answer. I will post my natal chart here.
Your interpretations asre somewhat different from what I got elsewhere but I guess there might be different schools.....

I would be interested to read others' opinions too........

starlink

Olga, I dont think that you can take it as a rule (you cant take anything as a rule in astrology really) that having the Sun in 8 means widowship. I have seen many charts of widows and no, most dont have a Sun in 8.

A "hit" is a transit aspect from one planet to another. Any aspect, be it opposition, square, conjunction or other aspect. A transiting planet can make a hit (opposition for instance) with a natal planet or a progressed planet. A progressed planet can make a hit with a natal planet. The working orb lies within 5° before and after the point of exactness (ingoing and outgoing hit in other words).

If you have Sun conjunct Mars, you dont say: Sun hits Mars or vice versa. You just speak of a conjunction.

Only when you have a transit from Mars to your Sun or the other way around, you speak of a hit.

Sun conjunct Mars generally shows a person who is accident prone, but I dont look at a chart like that. I look at it in a psychological way. Which houses do Sun and Mars represent in your chart. Those houses (or life compartments) will undergo in your life, or have a chance to undergo, great transformation, often through a crisis situation (8th house often deals with crisis which bring up underlying psychological fears and blockages). These crisis can very often be caused by the death of another person, ANY person, not just the husband or the father or the neighbor.

Mars-Sun conjunction in 8 can also show that you are very interested in 8th house matters, like life and death situations, psychology etc. and that you will take the initiative (Mars) to get to the bottom of things as you are very stuck on figuring out the "why" of things which happen to you. Why are people like that, why is this happening to me (or others) why are we in this life etc. It is a very good placement for a detective and a psychiatrist/psychologist, counselor.

If you want to see what will happen to your marriage, look at the ruler of the 7th house cusp and where it is situated in your chart.

[QUOTE by Astrologer50]
Now (mathematical) aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality
[/QUOTE]

I would say this differently.Aspects show connections/interactions between the energies of two planets (and each planet shows a facet of your personality). The energy from one planet goes well (trine) or has problems with (square) the energy of the other. It shows how we express both energies.

Sun in combination with Saturn can show a hardworking person, a very serious person or a person who has trouble expressing him/herself. All of course, depending on the aspects between these two planets.

Sun in combination with Uranus shows a person who needs a lot of personal freedom, can be very intuitive and/or original or is erratic in his/her behavior. It can also show a person who is very humanitarian.

Should Sun or Uranus be ruler of the 7th house, then an exciting marriage could be the result or a marriage wherein the partners leave one another their personal freedom, or at least, that is what would work best.

When the 7th is ruled by Saturn (Capricorn on cusp) then a later marriage can be indicated or a marriage with an older person. This is also the case with Saturn in the 7th. Marriage in general will be taken very serious.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer. I will post my natal chart here.
Your interpretations asre somewhat different from what I got elsewhere but I guess there might be different schools.....

I would be interested to read others' opinions too........

What can I say--- you've obviously surfed around looking for answers. Rest assured you have now come to THE best place to get them. :biggrin:

Do you need help on how upload a chart from astro.com??
For help on how to do this, go here. There is an option in Extended chart selection to ‘anonymised drawing (without name)’ box http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

[QUOTE by Astrologer50]
Now (mathematical) aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality
[/QUOTE]

I would say this differently.Aspects show connections/interactions between the energies of two planets (and each planet shows a facet of your personality). The energy from one planet goes well (trine) or has problems with (square) the energy of the other. It shows how we express both energies.

Same thing it's the planets,signs and aspects that describe 'a facet' of our personality, maybe I could have expressed it better. Planet is altered by sign, where it's placed and aspect -- how it operates/works

Last edited:

Olga

I love reading your answers! This stuff is so-o-o-o-o interesting!!!

<We are all visual people here-- so you need to post your chart>

I will now try to paste my natal chart here. I just pulled it up from the link you suggested. It looks to me that I do not have a single planet in the 7th house......... Everybody seems to be sitting in the 8-11 houses (except Saturn).

I would be interested in your thoughts!

Attachments

• Natal chart.gif
    Natal chart.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 36

Olga

I hope the chart is not too small when you click on it.........

Tell me if you want me to post the natal data sheet as well.

You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)#Description
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'

Now in Equal house your mercury and pluto are in 9th and venus, uranus are in 10th house. Your saturn is just in 5th conj 6th house cusp-- so cos it's within 5' orb or next house is considered to be more effective in that house. You sun conj mars is in 8th house and lastly Neptune is in 12th it's natural home... Do you see those hugely distorted houses 1/2nd? I think this is a case for Equal. Your chart ruler Jupiter is conj MC and just before your 7th birthday suggests poss relocation, expansion travel perhaps with family?? The family should have relocated just before you were age 1 --- using solar arcs for rectification here

Venus conj Uranus is the 'divorce aspect' We have a great search feature here on AW bit like google and Uranus aspects am sure have been frequent.

*You are excitable, spontaneous, and easily aroused emotionally and sexually. You fall in love very quickly and have little self-restraint or concern for propriety when your feelings have been stirred. However, it may be difficult for you to sustain a relationship after the first rush of excitement wanes, especially if your partner is basically a conservative person who does not like to change or experiment. Nontraditional relationships appeal to you, and personal freedom is highly important to you
http://cafeastrology.com/natal/venusuranusaspects.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13124
Venus is also conj Pluto which can be jealous possessive and controlling. So with these two big 'heavies' suggested you can swing between these to extremes of behaviour :crying:

You also have mars square saturn, basically frustration or doing ones duty in a cautious and constructive manner
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18886&highlight=saturn+mars
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19760&highlight=saturn+mars

Also you do not have sun square moon as mentioned in your first post :whistling:
Neither is your sun conj Saturn/uranus as detailed in post 1....

Your mercury (ruler of your 7th /marriage house) only has one major aspect and this will act as a singleton. Virgo mercury (domicile ie; well placed) is extremely analytical and tends to overanalyse things but can also be bit nit picking to, nice trine to saturn suggests easy flow of energies.

Hope some of this helps...

sun.gif
conjunction.gif
mars.gif

Sun conjunct Mars
It's difficult to be indifferent towards people with Sun conjunct Mars in their natal charts. They have presence. There is a courageous air about them, and they exude confidence even if they don't own it! If they're not highly active and energetic people, they are most certainly confrontational. They get right to the point, go right for the jugular, and they make things happen. You might call them impatient, but not in a nervous sense of the word--they simply can't wait around for something to happen. They want something, and they want it now
http://cafeastrology.com/natal/sunmarsaspects.html

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13329&highlight=conjunct+mars

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/sun-conjunct-mars.php

Olga

*You are excitable, spontaneous, and easily aroused emotionally and sexually. You fall in love very quickly and have little self-restraint or concern for propriety when your feelings have been stirred. However, it may be difficult for you to sustain a relationship after the first rush of excitement wanes, especially if your partner is basically a conservative person who does not like to change or experiment. Nontraditional relationships appeal to you, and personal freedom is highly important to you

Also you do not have sun square moon as mentioned in your first post :whistling:
Neither is your sun conj Saturn/uranus as detailed in post 1....Hope some of this helps...

Hmmm.............. You just quoted a part of my PAID astrological report... I start thinking maybe my astrologer is actually a member of AW....

Also, it is from her report that I got both: Sun square moon as well as Sun conj Sa/Ur........

You know what... I will write to her and ask her to send me my natal chart based on which she calculated all these aspects.

Olga

OK, I did the chart in Equal houses. The position in the houses changed a little bit but the aspects changed very little. A couple of minor differences here and there.

Who can tell me which system is used more - Placidus or Equal houses? After all one does want to know the truth about his/her houses :joyful:.
Or you just pick and chose whichever applies to you from both charts :biggrin: ???

I started seriously reading on these things and doing my research only about a week ago. I understand that astrology does not predict the future but there are certain things that are more or less pre-destined based on the position of the planets and I was shocked to have found a few things that really did happen in my life on which I will expand tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Last thought - according to my paid astrological report my Venus is in the 9th house. According to Placidus it is in the 8th house. And according to Equal houses it is in the 10th house...... :crying:

OK, I did the chart in Equal houses. The position in the houses changed a little bit but the aspects changed very little. A couple of minor differences here and there.

Who can tell me which system is used more - Placidus or Equal houses? After all one does want to know the truth about his/her houses :joyful:.
Or you just pick and chose whichever applies to you from both charts :biggrin: ???

I started seriously reading on these things and doing my research only about a week ago. I understand that astrology does not predict the future but there are certain things that are more or less pre-destined based on the position of the planets and I was shocked to have found a few things that really did happen in my life on which I will expand tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Last thought - according to my paid astrological report my Venus is in the 9th house. According to Placidus it is in the 8th house. And according to Equal houses it is in the 10th house...... :crying:

Well it all depends on the 'house system' used by whomever you paid to do the chart.

Also here on AW we have Traditional astrologers who mainly do 'horary questions and Modern astrologers like myself.
House systems Traditional v Modern
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8463

House systems
Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_house_system#Equal_House
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm
For further research try here...
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3280&highlight=placidus+equal
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638&highlight=house+system
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=152849#post152849

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'

Olga

I got an answer from my astrologer. She was using the Neoporphyry system.

Anything interesting about this system that I should know?
Pros? Cons?
Why is not used as much as Placidus or Equal Houses?

On astro.com I found only the Porphyry system (without "neo") and created another natal chart... There my Venus is in the 9th house as opposed to 8th and 10th in Placidus and Equal Houses. It may sound funny but I found interpretations that those whose Venus is in the 9th house might marry a foreigner - this is exactly what happened to me... So I already have one "evidence" that "worked" from the Porphyry system... Interesting...........
I will analize all other aspects too.........

Olga

Your chart ruler Jupiter is conj MC and just before your 7th birthday suggests poss relocation, expansion travel perhaps with family?? The family should have relocated just before you were age 1 --- using solar arcs for rectification here

Hope some of this helps...

1) Why before my 7th (???) birthday? Where do you see it?

2) <using solar arcs for rectification here> - unbfortunately I do not understand what "solar arcs for rectification" means....... :sad:

3) <The family should have relocated just before you were age 1> - I DID relocate at the age of 10 DAYS!!! My mother went back to the city where we lived - because she traveled to my grandmother's place to give birth to me. After this happened she packed up and went back already with myself. So YES, I DID relocate before the age of 1, actually at the age of 10 days!!!!!!
How did you see this???????????????????????????????

4) By the way in my natal chart not a SINGLE plantet is in the 7th house...
What does it mean?

1) Why before my 7th (???) birthday? Where do you see it?

2) <using solar arcs for rectification here> - unbfortunately I do not understand what "solar arcs for rectification" means....... :sad:

3) <The family should have relocated just before you were age 1> - I DID relocate at the age of 10 DAYS!!! My mother went back to the city where we lived - because she traveled to my grandmother's place to give birth to me. After this happened she packed up and went back already with myself. So YES, I DID relocate before the age of 1, actually at the age of 10 days!!!!!!
How did you see this???????????????????????????????

4) By the way in my natal chart not a SINGLE plantet is in the 7th house...

Your natal moon is 6' 21" your MC is 5'47"minutes subtract -74"minutes = 1year 14"minutes. Now if you moved at 10days old perhaps you were born slightly earlier so moon would be closer to MC

Now natal jupiter is 29'10" and MC is 5'47 there is only 30' in a sign and in a house (Equal house system) so 5.47"+ 0'50"= 5'97"minutes over 60minutes/being 1hr then = 6' 37"minutes. Hope this helps

Solar Arcs
Solar arcs are really simple, especially for beginners, just move the Angles, Asc, Desc, MC, IC 1' for each year of your life onto planets and vice versa. Not just used for rectification either. Under age 12 though these interpretations are directed towards family changes, maybe relocation, job changes, illnesses, additions to family etc. Another example is my Pluto is 28' Leo in 7th house and my Uranus is 3' Leo in same house to subtract these and you get age 25. That year my then husband and I had an almighty explosion (Uranus) and transformation (Pluto) of that marriage that started the demise and ultimate ending thereof....

Further research on solar arcs try these threads.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12024&highlight=solar+arcs
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12958&highlight=solar+arcs
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6691&highlight=solar+arcs
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/rectification.html
http://www.frankstar.com/solararc.htm
http://thezodiac.com/arcs.htm
http://www.donmc.com/Comparing%20Transits%20and%20Solar%20Arcs%20II.htm
http://en.mimi.hu/astrology/solar_arc_directions.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_progression

Regarding no planets in 7th-- doesn't really matter. You simply take the house cusp ruler in your case Gemini/therefore Mercury and Mercury is placed in 9th Equal nad 8th placidus. Now your mercury is the 'least aspected' planet within your chart with only trine (easy flowing) aspect to Saturn. So having ruler of 7th in 9th would suggest communications and philosophical matters and world view will be rather important in one to one relationships.

Researching rulers of houses will help you understand more where I joining the dots so to speak
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/rulersofhousesinhouses.html
http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/astrology/LearningAstrology/housesDerived.htm

Where in a chart does a person see himself
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=157562#post157562

What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm

Olga

if you moved at 10days old perhaps you were born slightly earlier so moon would be closer to MC

Wow!!! Can you tell whether I will relocated in the next 1-6 months? That would be nice since we are sitting at home both of us unemployed........

Also where can I learn to calculate thiese things myself?

Thanks, Astrologer50!!!

Wow!!! Can you tell whether I will relocated in the next 1-6 months? That would be nice since we are sitting at home both of us unemployed........ No, but you could ask a 'horary' question in their GLounge

Also where can I learn to calculate thiese things myself?

Thanks, Astrologer50!!!

Natal charts, progressions, solar arcs, solar returns & transits can take years of study-- all depends how much time,interest you have.

www.astro.com in Extended chart selection has loads and loads of different types of charts, including, natal,solar arcs, progressions in a tri wheel.

We also have a 'recommendations forum' for books software etc.