Interpreted my own Natal chart and looking for feedback.

arcane_scholar

Hey Everyone,

Last year sometime I bought a book called "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need" by Joanna Martine Woolfolk. I believe it was published in 1990. I used this book to draw up and interpret my own chart. This was, of course, after reading through everything and trying to understand what the different areas meant and the signs and the planets, etc., etc., etc. I tend to learn best by actually working with the material, rather than just reading. So I thought Natal charts would be a good place to start. I realize astrology is vast and that Natal chart interpretation is a very small aspect.

I was hoping people would be willing to give me a critique on the chart. I don't plan to ever turn professional. This is purely a hobby that I'm thoroughly interested in. I love to study the occult and found myself keen to begin with astrology. I will probably be doing interpretations for friends and family, however, this is only to hone my skills and better understand what I'm working with.

I put it in my Dreamwidth journal, and am providing a link to it here. I didn't want to post the chart in it's entirety, since it is lengthy and I don't want to hit people with a ton of texts if they aren't interested in critquing me. I do have a pic of my chart in the entry, which I got from astro.com. I found that site through an astrology community I was in on LiveJournal. I started out my study thinking Natal chart interpretations were the biggest part of astrology, as was actually drawing up a horoscope. I guess that shows just how ignorant I was. :lol:

I do have a couple of questions:

1. The book talks about a personality-guide devised by Marc Edmund Jones in his book "The Guide to Horoscope Interpretation", where the chart type is determined by the placement of planets in the horoscope. There are a selection of "The Splash", "The Splay", "The Bundle", "The Locomotive", "The Bowl", "The Bucket", and "The See-Saw". The one I found which is closest to the placements of my planets is "The Bundle". However, the book reads that the planets have to be in consecutive houses and my 12th house is skipped. Does this mean Marc Edmund Jones' interpretation method is unavailable to me?

2. How does one interpret Pluto in their Natal chart? From what the book reads, there is still a lot of unknowns around Pluto. However, it gave some information about how my Pluto is in Libra which means Peace and Harmony, and deep concern for law and balancing justices. However, reading the description I felt like it was discussing more of the world at large rather than me personally.

Thank you for your time. I apologize about the length and hopefully in the future I'll be able to cut down the size of my posts. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I look forward to getting to know you all and learning much from this forum.

[note: poster put link to detailed interpretation, so no need to move to Greenhorns Lounge - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

katydid

I do have a couple of questions:

1. The book talks about a personality-guide devised by Marc Edmund Jones in his book "The Guide to Horoscope Interpretation", where the chart type is determined by the placement of planets in the horoscope. There are a selection of "The Splash", "The Splay", "The Bundle", "The Locomotive", "The Bowl", "The Bucket", and "The See-Saw". The one I found which is closest to the placements of my planets is "The Bundle". However, the book reads that the planets have to be in consecutive houses and my 12th house is skipped. Does this mean Marc Edmund Jones' interpretation method is unavailable to me?

It is ok if one house is skipped over as long as the empty space is still small. Your chart is a bundle imo. It fits that pattern better than any other one.

2. How does one interpret Pluto in their Natal chart? From what the book reads, there is still a lot of unknowns around Pluto. However, it gave some information about how my Pluto is in Libra which means Peace and Harmony, and deep concern for law and balancing justices. However, reading the description I felt like it was discussing more of the world at large rather than me personally.

The way you interpret your pluto is by looking at it;s house placement and it's aspects with personal planets. Because you have Scorpio rising, Pluto becomes your chart ruler and is thus important to you.
Pluto conjunct Saturn in the 11th in Libra is very political and community oriented energy. But ti si squaring your mars in cancer from the 8th, so you may in fact be annoyed rather than intrigued by politics and social issues in general. lol

Welcome to AW,

Have you read the 'welcome sticky' at the top of ALL the forums? It has some great explanations, links etc and also has links to forum rules & regs...At the top of every forum of lots of ‘sticky’ which explain matters in that forum, guidelines, tips and forum rules

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18247

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14561

We also have a 'Recommendations forum' for books and software to.

There are a selection of "The Splash", "The Splay", "The Bundle", "The Locomotive", "The Bowl", "The Bucket", and "The See-Saw". The one I found which is closest to the placements of my planets is "The Bundle". However, the book reads that the planets have to be in consecutive houses and my 12th house is skipped. Does this mean Marc Edmund Jones' interpretation method is unavailable to me?

http://cafeastrology.com/articles/aspectpatterns.html

Last edited:

arcane_scholar

It is ok if one house is skipped over as long as the empty space is still small. Your chart is a bundle imo. It fits that pattern better than any other one.

The way you interpret your pluto is by looking at it;s house placement and it's aspects with personal planets. Because you have Scorpio rising, Pluto becomes your chart ruler and is thus important to you.
Pluto conjunct Saturn in the 11th in Libra is very political and community oriented energy. But ti si squaring your mars in cancer from the 8th, so you may in fact be annoyed rather than intrigued by politics and social issues in general. lol

Thank you for the response to my questions. I thought bundle was correct too, however I try to be a stickler for accuracy, since I think that is so important in astrology, so when the book said it had to be consecutive I was very confused. Especially since none of the others fit me.

Hmm, the Pluto situation is kind of confusing. I thought Jupiter was my ruling planet because Sagittarius rules my first house, is this incorrect?

That is amazing about the Pluto conjunct Saturn and squaring Mars. I seriously am annoyed by Politics and Social issues. Which likely stems from me wanting to be involved and seeing all the mess that it is. Thank you for this bit of information. I didn't read anything like this in my book.

Welcome to AW,

Have you read the 'welcome sticky' at the top of ALL the forums? It has some great explanations, links etc and also has links to forum rules & regs...At the top of every forum of lots of ‘sticky’ which explain matters in that forum, guidelines, tips and forum rules

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18247

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14561

We also have a 'Recommendations forum' for books and software to.

http://cafeastrology.com/articles/aspectpatterns.html

Hi astrologer50,

I have indeed read most of the Sticky posts in the forum, and checked out many of the recommendation stuff. I've been lurking for a little bit. I am not new to forums or online communities, so am rather versed in the etiquette of reading forum rules, regulations, stickies, etc., and seeing how people interact with each other before jumping in. I appreciate you looking out for me. :)

Right now I'm just interested in getting feedback on how I interpreted my chart. If I got things right, if I missed something, how well the interpretation is written, things along those lines.

katydid

Thank you for the response to my questions. I thought bundle was correct too, however I try to be a stickler for accuracy, since I think that is so important in astrology, so when the book said it had to be consecutive I was very confused. Especially since none of the others fit me.

Hmm, the Pluto situation is kind of confusing. I thought Jupiter was my ruling planet because Sagittarius rules my first house, is this incorrect?

That is amazing about the Pluto conjunct Saturn and squaring Mars. I seriously am annoyed by Politics and Social issues. Which likely stems from me wanting to be involved and seeing all the mess that it is. Thank you for this bit of information. I didn't read anything like this in my book.

Pluto IS the ruler of your chart. Your ascendant is 25 Scorpio according to the chart you linked to. Most of your first house has Sag in it, but the cusp is still Scorpio.

Yes, Mars is your personal urge to take action, and being in Cancer in the 8th, you would see the unfairness of the world and take it to heart, wanting to make changes for the good of the underdog and the needy. But the brutal squares from the saturn/pluto tell you in no uncertain terms that 'it is what it is', and you may feel it is impossible to really make those socio-political changes. Maybe someday...:ninja: