Part of Fortune

Hello, everyone! I have just learned that my Part of Fortune is in Leo 7'55". Can anyone shed a little light on what that might mean? Thanks for all the help, past, present, and future. :)

G

Grand Crosser

That is almost exactly my part of fortune also! Isn't it because of a sunrise birth time? It matters what house your part of fortune is in, as well as the degrees in Leo. It also matters what other of your planets aspect your part of fortune. Because of this, our part of fortunes near 7 degrees Leo are very different. Leo makes for drama and a preference for grand and showy style. If the part of fortune is in the fourth house then that drama and grand style would be limited to your home and family. I would like to know more about the meaning too and have been searching but have not found much. It seems like something that would be good to have fulfilled but has not been so causes frustration. :(

Howl

I have just had a look at the series of articles on Part of Fortune above. Unfortunately, I have been spoiled by the existence of astrodienst, and have no idea how to work out my POF manually. Astrodienst put mine in the 7th house, 23degrees capricorn. Mine was a night birth, does anyone know if it would have been correctly worked out? I shall continue to assume so, until I get some sort of urge to delve into the more technical side of astrology ;)

I've been wondering about this point, POF, because mine is in 1degree conjunction with my south node. Seems like I might have some sort of natural propensity for solid, reliable and profitable partnerships...with venus (1degree aquarius) also in my seventh house, I am beginning to wonder where these supposed relationships are?! :D

If Part of Fortune is conjunct south node, and opposite north node, does that suggest some kind of conflict between balancing where I'm at and where I'm going?? I gather that one is to find balance between natural ability/comfort in south node matters, and efforts towards learning in north node matters. Might this be made a little difficult with POF perched happily ontop of my south node?

As always, any opinions appreciated :)

Lorielle

Arian Maverick! You are so good at finding good articles. :) Now, see if you can find something on the Vertex. /grin Seriously, thanks!

Lori

Ihatelawschool

Astro.com's calculation for the POF is correct. They did the nighttime formula (because my sun is in the second house) and the day time formula for my boyfriend (because his sun is in his 9th house).

franklin taylor

Hello,
Here is a link to translating the significance of the part of fortune in the signs and houses. http://www.new-visions.com/astro/partoffortune.html
Mine is one degrees Scorpio and in the ninth house. About the ninth house on this translation, I thought millions of teenagers go away from home for an education before 21. Its called College! Her translation of Scorpio makes it sound like I could be a new Hitler or Gandi. The path choice is purely my own.
Speaking purely from context(and joking),
Franklin

AquariusMoon

Hi. Don't forget to check where your PoF is in your progressions. For example, mine has moved to a cj with Jupiter, my chart ruler, and the Vertex in H7, and I'm loving it.

AqMoon

Howl

I'm still wondering about my part of fortune conjunct my south node. Here's something I found that briefly desribes the nodes:

The nodes are like a good mother: she has two parts. One, the south node, wants to be safe and comfortable. But a good mother also wants you to leave the nest, to take risks, to become more than you were. That’s the north node. As one audience member put it, the south node is our resume, and the north node is our application.

The same site also says: The Part of Fortune shows where you’re going with your life.

If my south node (safe, comfortable, my "resume") is conjunt my part of fortune, (where I'm going with my life....) does that imply I'm sortof going where I've been? Feel comfotable where I am going? Have a whole lot of karma in the same place? Am well equipped to do what I need to in this life? Or am likely to find it difficult to move towards my north node from the south node??

Heheh, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know, I have looked on the net and can't find anything about this particular natal conjunction :D

Lioness725

I find this weird. I have POF at 8 ' 55" Leo. I have True Node in Leo, and my sun in Leo, all in the Tenth House. There is not much that aspects my POF, which I find strange as well. Only thing is Pluto-and I really don't know what this aspect means-it looks like a capital Q. I was thinking quincunx, but quincunx looks like a sawhorse.

Lioness725

That is something that doesn't make sense to me. All of the strong influences in my tenth house. Leo Sun, POF Leo, True Node Leo...it would make me sound like I am a driven, extroverted, outgoing, tyrannical where only my career matters....yet, I find myself to *need* more alone time than I need constant adult interaction. I am comfortable alone with my thoughts and my family most of the time. I find myself to be very cautious, reserved, and a bit shy.

I like recognition for when I did something good, but that part of my chart makes it sound as though I would be most comfortable being the star of the play-which in fact I would not. It would make me uncomfortable, and I would prefer recognition for painting the scenery, or something of that nature. I don't have huge desires to be extremely wealthy. I want to be comfortable. I don't want to have to pinch and scrimp my whole life, but I don't want to be a millionaire particularly. I didn't pick elementary education for the money...

Just being able to retire comfortably with my husband, maybe a nice lake house someplace, with all of my kids/grandkids being happy and healthy beings is all I really ask for in my lifetime. Why is my chart so contradictory?

Arian Maverick

Lioness725,

That is something that doesn't make sense to me. All of the strong influences in my tenth house. Leo Sun, POF Leo, True Node Leo...it would make me sound like I am a driven, extroverted, outgoing, tyrannical where only my career matters....yet, I find myself to *need* more alone time than I need constant adult interaction. I am comfortable alone with my thoughts and my family most of the time. I find myself to be very cautious, reserved, and a bit shy.

The situation you have described above is a great example of the influence of the Midheaven/Nadir axis at work in one's life. Indeed, I am receiving the distinct impression that you may be resisting traits you naturally possess (as indicated by your tenth house placements), yet this is exactly the direction in which you need to strive towards! Remember that the natural ruler of the fourth house (Nadir) is Cancer, a sign associated with the comforts of home and family; the natural ruler of the tenth house (Midheaven) is Capricorn, a sign better associated with outward achievement. Also, while the placement and condition of the South Node indicate the conditions of one's past--past lives, if you are so inclined to believe--the North Node indicates one's destiny, the path the soul must take to experience growth.

Although we cannot be certain why the characteristics and tendencies of a particularly sign may be highly ingrained in one's psyche, few would argue against their existence. Unfortunately, despite the obvious benefits of replacing harmful patterns with new modes of expression, the soul tends to resist change. Sometimes it takes a gentle prod--or a massive heave--to guide us in the right direction, but the Universe will always provide those experiences that best facilitate an individual's growth at any time. I advise that you listen to your inner voice, which has guided you to pose this question and awaits further illumination. Only good can emerge from discovering who you truly are! ;)

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

I have Cancer on MC. I think that explains some things. I don't think I am restricting traits, simply because that is how I feel/am.

Perhaps I was simply reflecting my own experience with the South Node/North Node Axis upon you...I did not mean any harm! ;)

The Part of Fortune indicates the area in life you may have the greatest luck, so you may wish to strive towards adopting the traits of your Sun sign...or not! Only you know what is best for you :)

Arian Maverick

Lorielle

Hmm. My Part of Fortune is in my 7th house. I guess I'd see it more like the point that offers you the greatest opportunites for growth, rather than where you have your greatest luck. :)

Lioness725

Oh no, feel free to have any interpretation/discussion. I wasn't offended in the least. Perhaps I do restrict being more "lionish" at times. I can be rather shy, other placements I have offer this, but maybe that doesn't really get me to where I am supposed to be.

Arian Maverick

I've always considered the North Node to be the potential area of greatest growth, but then again, my Part of Fortune is located in my first house of Aries along with a stellium of inner planets...I don't need to aspire to adopt any more Arian traits! :p

Arian Maverick

sc8583

I see nobody has posted in this topic in a while, but I've been reading Liz Greene's "Astrology of Fate" and she reminded me of the Part of Fortune. I remembered mine was close to my Sun, so I calculated it and indeed mine is conjunct my Sun, both at 12 Leo, in house 11. Can anyone with more insight cue me into the significance this conjunction may have for me?

I might mention that I have always felt my Leo sun "glowing" within me, but my chart is incredibly dominated by Mercury with Virgo Rising, a Gemini Moon conjunct Gemini MC, and Mercury and Venus conjunct in Virgo in the more unconsciously-based House 12 (perhaps my interest in astrology, depth psychology, etc.). I also have Jupiter conjunct Uranus in Sag in House 3, and Saturn conjunct Pluto (yikes) in Libra in House 2. Would my Part of Fortune indicate I need to channel my relatively unaspected Sun (only a trine to Uranus) somehow despite all these other dominating planets?

Undo

sc8583 said:
I see nobody has posted in this topic in a while, but I've been reading Liz Greene's "Astrology of Fate" and she reminded me of the Part of Fortune. I remembered mine was close to my Sun, so I calculated it and indeed mine is conjunct my Sun, both at 12 Leo, in house 11. Can anyone with more insight cue me into the significance this conjunction may have for me?

I might mention that I have always felt my Leo sun "glowing" within me, but my chart is incredibly dominated by Mercury with Virgo Rising, a Gemini Moon conjunct Gemini MC, and Mercury and Venus conjunct in Virgo in the more unconsciously-based House 12 (perhaps my interest in astrology, depth psychology, etc.). I also have Jupiter conjunct Uranus in Sag in House 3, and Saturn conjunct Pluto (yikes) in Libra in House 2. Would my Part of Fortune indicate I need to channel my relatively unaspected Sun (only a trine to Uranus) somehow despite all these other dominating planets?

Leo (7/23-8/22)
The Part of Fortune in Leo brings prestige, power and strength, and often, the wealth of material blessings, depending on the House position of the Part of Fortune. Their creative nature, depending on the House placement, brings an abundance of practical ideas that can be effortlessly manifested and enjoyed. This Part of Fortune sign can bring fame in the theater or stage, and the people are able to enjoy life and take advantage of travel and recreation.

The Eleventh House
The Part of Fortune in the Eleventh House brings blessings from your friends, relatives, acquaintances, and by those in high positions of power and authority in life. Your hopes, wishes and dreams will be more easily manifested, based on the understanding of the spiritual Laws of Manifestation. You are on the receiving end of life this time around, again, again, and again. Unconditional love will be innate and freely expressed from your closest and dear.

As for your chart, I'm a novice, but I'd have to see it. :)

I have found that the sign of the Part of Fortune and its ruler give very good information on profession as it relates to making money along with the tenth house (counted in the usual manner from the Ascendant). The tenth sign from the sign of the Part of Fortune is also very good for helping to describe the actual social role that the occupation serves. The eleventh sign from the Part has a special role in determining both how well and by what means one earns money. Astrologers who actually earn money from doing astrology have been seen to have Mercury in the sign of the Part of Fortune, or the eleventh sign from the Part of Fortune, or ruling either of these. Mercury is the ancient ruler of astrology before Uranus was discovered. And I would have to say that it still works! The ancient writers also said that the Part of Fortune and the houses derived from it had to with the body, health, and actions that are done spontaneously or on an emotional basis.

Another interesting Fortuna house is the seventh. While it may have something to do with relationships, its primary symbolism seems to derive from its being the opposition to the Part itself, and the effect is stronger if a point in the seventh Fortuna place is closer to the exact opposition to the Part of Fortune. One of the oldest significations of the seventh house was death because the Sun set there and its light was extinguished. The Fortuna seventh of course is not a sunset point, but since the Part of Fortune has something to do with the body, the opposition to the Part seems to have something to with illness and physical problems.

My PoF is 16 Leo.

PoF conjunct Mercury in 21 Leo in House XII.
PoF opposition Jupiter in 14 Aquarius in House VI.

According to the article:

10th from PoF is an empty Aries at House IX.
11th from PoF is my natal House X at 14 Taurus.
Venus is here at 12 (11') Gemini along with Monsieur Chiron 12 (22').

Mercury is indeed in the same sign as my PoF and conjunct, no less. So, where's this astrological prowess? ;)

Leo (7/23-8/22)
The Part of Fortune in Leo brings prestige, power and strength, and often, the wealth of material blessings, depending on the House position of the Part of Fortune. Their creative nature, depending on the House placement, brings an abundance of practical ideas that can be effortlessly manifested and enjoyed. This Part of Fortune sign can bring fame in the theater or stage, and the people are able to enjoy life and take advantage of travel and recreation.

The Twelfth House
The Part of Fortune in the Twelfth House brings many spiritually earned blessings and good fortune, often from not just in this lifetime, but from your many past lives. Prodigies can have this placement, as well as those connected to the healing professions. Your psychic powers are great, powerful and beyond earthly explanation. You have many invisible guides who will make themselves known to you as you grow in spiritual truths. You will experience vivid dreams, perhaps of future events. Your intuition will be accurate guide as long as you keep yourself morally committed to fine values and spiritually high standards of living.

Where are my psychic powers and healing abilities?

I wonder if it was Pisces in House XII if I would be Jesus.

Looking at the site, heeeey,

Pisces (2/19-3/20)
The Part of Fortune in Pisces brings eons of wisdom and spiritual gain that can be transformed into the manifestation of needs by almost pure desire. You think it and so it is. A desire to help the less fortunate will give this Part of Fortune a chance to really show how the Laws of Prosperity and the power of Love really work. The Laws of Cause and Effect will be a known, innate factor in you daily living and spiritual practice, and you will follow them to the letter.

Again, I curse the Heavens.