When will I conceive my first baby?

Banned
Oh! I've been trying for a long time now....to be precise 1 yr and 9 months and have been unlucky so far.
I would like to know, which is that lucky month when I will conceive my first baby.

EDIT:

I just read the post "Chart Interpretation Postings" and saw how furious everyone of the senior members were with respect to new ppl like us just asking questions without even trying to interpret.
My sincere apologies for this question.
Could you please recommend me websites where I could start atleast?

I know that the fifth house is for anything creative, which includes children as well.

I have moon in the fifth house which is in virgo.
I just read this:
"Women with Virgo moon may encounter sorrow through marriage. They can be dreadful nags themselves or become the victims of a nagging spouse"
My hubby just said that!!! OMG! I should do something abt it. he he he!

Ok...I have sun in cancer....which makes me 100% highly sensitive and emotional. When I read this abt 15 yrs ago, I only half-believed it. And man.....now I have to admit....I am an emotional fool! Stupid gal!

Sun is in the fourth house which is in cancer....which once again shows my sentimental side.....oooh no wonder I'm the girl that I'm ;)

I have a taurus ascendant....stubborn girl...that's me!

Ok.....now can you help me intrepret my question?

As I mentioned above, I do know that the 5th house represents creativity, including children. Now how and what do I have to derive to answer my question?

Attachments

• natal.gif
    natal.gif
    52.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

astro.teacher

First, it would be wise to see if you have high or low fertility with regards to even having children. Sometimes you or your partners chart may be full of barren Signs which can lead to a lot of difficulty conceiving. The more Signs that are fertile the greater chance you will have to conceive. Use this page in order to determine from your own chart whether or not you have a high or lower fertility.

http://www.antiquus-astrology.com/Chap3-4.html

You should also check to your 11th House as well if you are married, (and the 7th for your partner). The 11th House rules children through marriage (being the 5th from the 7th).

Now that that has been established, you asked with regards to when you will have this baby. This is a more complicated issue because unless your Nativity promises birth, it will be hard to conceive even IF the time is prosperous to do so. But if you have a chart that promises some length of fertility, analyze your Solar Return charts. Use the same method as above. If you find that one year you have many fertile Signs placed in these places, you will be blessed with a child (if your Nativity agrees that is). There are a few other ways but they are a little more complicated.

With chiron on the ascendant and pluto in 6th both ruled by venus and that venus oppossed by neptune I would check the integrity of the reproductive system. Trying for nearly 2 years at your age is usually an sign to get checked, not that anything is wrong just a rule of thumb. Best wishes.
Also , my interp of 11th house is step children. 5th your kids 11th other peoples. imo.

Banned
yup.
My husband and I have already been to the doctor.
So far I've been diagnosed with one problem and I'm currently on medication for the same. My last test 2 wks ago showed significant improvement in my condition.
Husband has been diagnosed as normal.
So yes, we are trying to rectify the problems identified so far.

Could you also tell me how to identify the fertile/barren signs on my chart?
Also, what should I be looking for on my chart to determine the answer to my question?

astro.teacher

Could you also tell me how to identify the fertile/barren signs on my chart?

I apologize, I see I gave you the wrong link; here is the correct link.

http://www.antiquus-astrology.com/Chap3-6.html

Follow those guidelines and check each Sign to see whether or not it is barren or fertile. You can check this here;

http://www.antiquus-astrology.com/Chap1-3.html

Choose a Sign and scroll down to "General Qualities" and you should see whether or not it is a fertile or barren Sign.

Banned
thank you for your reply.

I've tried to analyze myself and here is what I have.

Myself:
Planets placed in 5th house: Moon

Planets aspecting the lord of the 5th: (I need help with this, how do you determine the aspecting planets? I need to take a look at the matrix on the left hand side is it?)

Sign of 5th house: Virgo

Masc/Fem: Feminine (Barren)

Cusp of 5th (masc/fem): (I need help with this, how do you determine the cusp?)

Planets placed in 11th house: None

Planets aspecting the lord of the 11th: (I need help with this, how do you determine the aspecting planets? I need to take a look at the matrix on the left hand side is it?)

Sign of 11th house: Pisces

Masc/Fem: Feminine (Fertile)

Cusp of 11th (masc/fem): (I need help with this, how do you determine the cusp?)

Hubby:
Planets placed in 5th house: Pluto

Planets aspecting the lord of the 5th: (I need help with this, how do you determine the aspecting planets? Do I need to look at the matrix on the left hand side?)

Sign of 5th house: Libra

Masc/Fem: Masculine (Indifferent)

Cusp of 5th (masc/fem): (I need help with this, how do you determine the cusp?)

Planets placed in 11th house: Chiron in Retrograde

Planets aspecting the lord of the 11th: (I need help with this, how do you determine the aspecting planets? I need to take a look at the matrix on the left hand side is it?)

Sign of 11th house: Taurus

Masc/Fem: Feminine (Indifferent)

Cusp of 11th (masc/fem): (I need help with this, how do you determine the cusp?)

Attachments

• hubbynatal.gif
    hubbynatal.gif
    51.2 KB · Views: 37

smilingsteph

Well newbie,
This chart is unreadable, invalid- according to what I have read, the early degrees in the ascendant makes the matter at hand too early, you are rushing the issue....
The question was not thought out, and was premature...
Not to mention the ascendant is in taurus and makes it even more so....
It can also mean that you have already asked many others about the issue (shows on your prior thread)
if you have been treated for a medical condition for only two weeks, are the MD's sure that the medication wont cause issues with fertility?

Banned
Hey Smilingsteph,

I understand that horary and natal astrology are 2 different aspects altogether.
This is not a horary question. I had put it under natal, but somehow it landed under "Medical".
So in natal, if the ascendant is <=3 doesnt mean it is early and neither does >=27 mean, it's late.......isnt that right?

smilingsteph

Shoot! I have been on this horary kick!
Sorry, Natal and horary all different...
But can we answer this question on a natal chart?
I guess astro.teacher is more or less saying that we need to look at your chart and hubbies as a whole to see if you are fertile period...
Sorry :(

Banned
Hey..not a problem Smilingsteph!

I got what astroteacher said. And that is why I drew up hubby's natal chart as well and tried to put them both together and got as far as what I mentioned in my second post.

If you see, my first post contains my natal chart and the second one my hubby's.

Banned
astroteacher,

I tried once again and here is what I have:

Natal chart intepretation:

Myself:

Planets aspecting the lord of the 5th:
Sun semi-square Venus
Sun sextile Mars
Sun square Uranus
Sun Sesquiquadrate Neptune
Sun quintile Pluto
Sun square chiron
Sun square AC
Sun opposition MC

Cusp of 5th (masc/fem): Leo, Masculine, Barren

Planets aspecting the lord of the 11th:
Sun square Uranus
Moon semi-square Uranus
Venus biquintile Uranus
Jupiter Sesquiquadrate Uranus
Saturn square Uranus
Uranus opposition Chiron
Uranus opposition AC

Sign of 11th house: Pisces

Cusp of 11th (masc/fem): Aquarius, Masculine, Indifferent
==========================================================================================
Hubby:
Planets placed in 5th house: Pluto

Sun conjuct Moon
Sun semi-square Venus
Sun conjunct Mars
Sun Quincunx Jupiter
Sun trine Saturn
Sun semisquare Uranus
Sun trine Chiron

Sign of 5th house: Libra

Masc/Fem: Masculine (Indifferent)

Cusp of 5th (masc/fem): Virgo, feminine, barren

Planets placed in 11th house: Chiron in Retrograde

Sun semisquare Uranus
Moon semisquare Uranus
Venus conjunct Uranus
Jupiter sextile Uranus
Uranus semisextile Neptune
Uranus semisextile Pluto
Uranus sextile truenode
Uranus square MC

Sign of 11th house: Taurus

Cusp of 11th (masc/fem): Taurus, Feminine, Indifferent

Solar Return Interpretation
Now for interpretation of solar return charts, here is what I have:

Myself:

Planets placed in 5th house: Uranus

Sun semi-square Mars
Sun trine Uranus
Sun Quincunx Pluto
Sun square AC
Sun conjunct MC

Sign of 5th house: Pisces

Cusp of 5th (masc/fem): Aquarius (Masculine)

Planets placed in 11th house: Mars; Jupiter in Retrograde

Sun trine Uranus
Moon semi-sextile Uranus
Mercury trine Uranus
Venus Sesquiquadrate Uranus
Uranus semi-sextile Neptune
Uranus square Pluto
Uranus semi-sextile Chiron
Uranus Quincunx AC
Uranus trine MC

Sign of 11th house: Virgo

Cusp of 11th (masc/fem): Leo, Masculine, Barren

=========================================================================================================

Hubby:

Planets placed in 5th house: Moon, Mercury, Jupiter and True Node.

Sun semisquare Venus
Sun conjunct Mars
Sun quintile Uranus
Sun semisquare Neptune
Sun conjunct Pluto
Sun trine AC

Sign of 5th house: Capricorn

Cusp of 5th (masc/fem): Capricorn, Feminine

Sun quintile Uranus
Moon sextile Uranus
Mercury sextile Uranus
Jupiter Opposition Uranus
Uranus semi-sextile Chiron
Uranus opposition AC
Uranus square MC

Sign of 11th house: Cancer

Cusp of 11th (masc/fem): Cancer, Feminine

Am also attaching my solar return charts to this post.
I see that I have a mixture of both fertile and barren planets both in my hubby's and my charts. Now, how do I proceed?

Attachments

• solarreturn_astro_2at_01_hubby.58533.26116.gif
    solarreturn_astro_2at_01_hubby.58533.26116.gif
    26 KB · Views: 24
  • solarreturn_astro_32at_01_myself_2008721.58474.25756.gif
    solarreturn_astro_32at_01_myself_2008721.58474.25756.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

astro.teacher

Sorry i didnt notice this reply before!

The moon is a general indicator of motherhood.She can grant motherhood to an individual but she may also grant only the disire to be a mother when placed in the fifth. However one Planet in your fifth indicates one child (of Lunar qualities). Is the Moon strong in her placement/dignified?

Cusp of 5th (masc/fem): Leo, Masculine, Barren

The House can only have one Sign ruling over it, since the cusp is in Leo, the House is ruled by Leo (not Virgo). Leo being the cusp, look to what Sign the Sun is in, is it fertile or barren? Having the 5th House in Leo tends to indicate barreness.

Cusp of 5th (masc/fem): Virgo, feminine, barren

You have to incude the Signt hat the Lord (Mercury in this case) is placed in as well and this will tell you whether or not barrenness or fertility is strongest. Dont forget you must look at the Ascendant's Sign and the sign the Lord is placed in, this will give you more testimony.

As for the solar return chart, that indicates you are most fertile for the time granted. Your husband on the other hand isnt as much therefore it can cause some difficulties. However from your charts, you do not have much fertilty indicators (besides that of the moon) therefore you will find it really difficult to conceive. The child you do have though (indicated by the Moon) will be very special. If you want to know the time this child will be conceived (as per the title of this topic), you need to have you and your husbands solar returns child significators in fertile signs. What does this mean?

The cusp, & Lord of the 5th House and the Ascendant and his Lord, must be placed in fertile (watery) signs. These are Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces. If you can find a year in which all of these testimonies take place in both of your charts, that will be the ideal time. Cancer and Pisces are the best, but if you have no other choice, then Scorpio will suit.

Banned
How do I determine if the Moon is strong in her placement/dignified?

Is the Moon strong in her placement/dignified?

Sun is in Cancer in my natal chart. Cancer is a fertile sign.
Sun is in Capricorn in my hubby's natal chart. Capricorn is indifferent.

You have to incude the Signt hat the Lord (Mercury in this case) is placed in as well and this will tell you whether or not barrenness or fertility is strongest.

Why are we looking at what sign is Mercury placed in?

Mercury in this case is placed in Leo, which is again a barren sign.
Mercury in hubby's chart is placed in Sagitarius, which is an indiferent sign.

Sign on the Ascendant is Cancer in my chart - which is a fertile sign.
Sign on the Ascendant is Gemini in hubby's chart - Gemini is barren sign.

Lord of 1st house Mars is in Gemini in my chart - which is barren.
Lord of 1st house Mars is in Capricorn in hubby's chart - Capricorn is indifferent.

The cusp, & Lord of the 5th House and the Ascendant and his Lord, must be placed in fertile (watery) signs. These are Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces. If you can find a year in which all of these testimonies take place in both of your charts, that will be the ideal time. Cancer and Pisces are the best, but if you have no other choice, then Scorpio will suit.

I will have to check for the above in the solar return charts? And when I draw up the chart (like I did in my previous post), it will give me for one whole year? So meaning, whatever I drew up in my last post starts July 1st, 2008 to June 2009, meaning am not gonna be successful in conceiving during this period?

astro.teacher

How do I determine if the Moon is strong in her placement/dignified?

This is called dignity or debility of a Planet. The more benevolent or malevolent a Planet is is determined by this.

http://www.antiquus-astrology.com/Chap2-8.html

That page will explain it a little more. Each of the dignities and debilities listed in that table can be found in more detail in Chapter 2 found here around the bottom of the page;

http://www.antiquus-astrology.com/Chap2.html

Sun is in Cancer in my natal chart. Cancer is a fertile sign.
Sun is in Capricorn in my hubby's natal chart. Capricorn is indifferent.

Its time to add up the testimonies you have found (including those of the AScendant and Lord placement). Make it simple and lay it out like;

Fertile ; 2 (testimonies)
Indifferent; 1
Barren; 3

(the above was just an example not based on your chart).

One for you and one for your husband. If you find that you have the most fertile testimonies, children will come easily (during times of fertility), and if you have more barren, the contrary.

Why are we looking at what sign is Mercury placed in?

Because you stated;
Cusp of 5th (masc/fem): Virgo
Who is the cusp of your husbands 5th House.

I will have to check for the above in the solar return charts?

For each year you should do the exact procedure you did with your Nativity onto each Solar Return.

And when I draw up the chart (like I did in my previous post), it will give me for one whole year?

Yes. A Solar Return chart influence lasts the entire year.

So meaning, whatever I drew up in my last post starts July 1st, 2008 to June 2009, meaning am not gonna be successful in conceiving during this period?

Solar returns work with the Suns return to its same place that it was during your birth. Therefore a Solar return begins on your birthday and ends on your birthday the next year. If the chart shows barreness in the aforementioned significators, you will not have luck conceiving during that year. Whereas if you have fertility indicators, it will be the best year to attempt conception.

Banned
Hmm.....I will have to work on whatever you mentioned regarding the dignity of planets and much more.

But before I proceed, I have one question w.r.t the solar return charts.

When I draw up the chart, what it looks for is my date of birth, time of birth and place of birth.

Also, when it asked for "Start date for charts" (on astro.com) for the solar return chart, I provided 1st July 2008. My birthday is 21 July 2008.
Now, no matter what date I choose until Dec 31, 2008, it gives me the same chart.
If I were to choose the date from 1st July 2008, does the reading hold good starting from 1st July 2008 till June 30, 2009?

Or since my b'day is on 21st July 2008 (today!), the reading only applies until then? am a little confused!

Also one other important question. I remember reading somewhere that I should use the location of the current place where I live rather than where I was born. That doesnt make sense when I provide my date of birth combined with current city. I think I'm confusing 2 different things.

Last edited:

astro.teacher

Well first off, happy birthday!

The start data doesnt matter, it just needs the year, you can set it to your birthday if you wish the year determines the chart though. The effects start on your birthday once your Sun returns to its Radical point (where it si in your Nativity). That is considered a whole year (from birthday to birthday). Astro.com puts on the top of the chart 2 years, eg, 2007/2008 this runs from your birthday in 2007 until your birthday in 2008.

Also one other important question. I remember reading somewhere that I should use the location of the current place where I live rather than where I was born. That doesnt make sense when I provide my date of birth combined with current city. I think I'm confusing 2 different things.

This is a modern misconception. You need to use the location of your birth.

Banned
Thanks for the wishes teacher!

Hmmm....I have to get back to work today. :(

Will go through whatever you mentioned and get back to you over the weekend.
Thank you so much for the help so far.

Banned
I was looking at my solar return chart and see the following:

Ascendant in Libra, whose Lord is Venus.
Venus is placed in Leo (Barren sign).

Fifth house is in Aquarius, whose Lord is Saturn.
Saturn is placed in Virgo (Barren sign).

Now, looking at my hubby's solar return chart, here is what I got:

Ascendant is in Virgo, whose Lord is Mercury.
Mercury is placed in Capricorn (semi-fertile).

Fifth house is in Capricorn, whose Lord is Saturn.
Saturn is placed in Virgo (barren sign).

Now since most of the signs have come out as "barren" for the year 2008-2009, it means I will not conceive in this period.....is that right?