THE TRANSIT & RETROGRADE OF MERCURY IN PISCES

Theo

Banned
The Coming Mercury Transit & Retrograde in Pisces
Plus, Three Squares to Transiting Mars
Illnesses related to Bad Weather, and Delays Ahead

By Theodore W.; judicial astrologer.S

For those who enjoy looking ahead and following the world transits - I suggest taking a look at the coming ingress of MERCURY in the constellation Pisces, and Mercury's long retrograde in the month of March 2006.

On Friday, February 10, 2006, MERCURY will enter Pisces quietly and transit direct through Pisces from 0 to 26-degrees during February. After March 2, 2006, Mercury will retrograde at 26-Pisces, and turn direct 23-days later at 13-Pisces.

One of the special notes about MERCURY are the squares to transiting MARS that take place in February, March, and April 2006:

There can be mental irritation with this Mercury/Mars square that influence heated discussions, fights, sarcastic attitudes, and anger. The aspect takes the form of strong mental irritations that have a very hard time dealing with, or communicating emotional feelings. This leads to misunderstandings, and is not a good time to gain agreement, or to seek help with business or personal projects with many people. Occupational accidents can occur, along with environmental & chemical accidents. Also, automobile accidents are more common as well as accidents around firearms, sharp tools, etc., Environmental noise is more common during these transits as are diseases that are infectious. The quality of rays between MERCURY/MARS is irritation, and many of these pitched battles will take place in public - epecially in crowds, in public places. Travel is not advised during February to the end of June, overall. Trouble on the high seas, on the ground, and into the air during March and April 2006 with the strong retrogression effect on MERCURY. Accidents abound, with loss of lives, and threats to the environment from poor judgements of others. Moreover, in March, MERCURY reaches inferior conjunction with the Sun on March 10, and then MERCURY turns South in Declination on March 11 - while retrograde. This signals a warning to restrict major projects, travel, etc., until at least late April, and early May for those who must travel. The major squares between MERCURY and MARS reveal a need to reconsider decisions, to be patient, and to think before speaking, and acting due to the extreme irritating nature of these square aspects.

The first MERCURY-MARS square is fixed, and happens the week of Feb. 5-10. This square is strong w/ the fast motion of MARS in the late degrees of Taurus as MERCURY transits the late degrees of Aquarius.

However, the time from Mercury's ingress into Pisces (Feb. 10) to its first long day of retrograde (March 3) is an excellent time to complete projects, and get long-standing issues resolved before the month of March starts. Building up resistance to colds for those in the northern hemisphere is important during this time due to the coming public sicknesses as signalled by Mercury's retrograde in Pisces. Using the time from Feb. 10 to March 2 to complete projects, or, to prepare for the late spring, and summer months in the northern hemisphere will turn out well if the degrees between 0-13 degrees Pisces is used during February 10 to February 17. This is only one week - but those who read this post early enough (Feb. 4-5) will be able to have another five (5) days to get things completed with minimal effort.

After February 17 - matters will proceed, but anything that is related to projects in March will have to be re-done. Suggest signing any documents in February - not in March - and to finish up projects, while planning for the coming change in the transiting Lunar Nodes from cardinal - ARIES/LIBRA to mutable signs of PISCES/VIRGO in late June 2006 that remain mutable to December 2007 before entering the fixed quality signs of Aquarius-Leo.

The second Mercury-Mars square is mutable, and happens the week of March 19 to March 25. This takes place with MERCURY, retrograde in Pisces, and MARS, direct in Gemini. A strong transit square - it signals sicknesses, among the problems listed above between Mercury & Mars. Take care during this transit in mid-March 2006 as it "releases" strong energy and influences the public at large. Medical problems abound, and illness is widespread. Severe weather events with Mars square to Uranus in Pisces as well. Some who are ill at this time in March will have a long recovery to go through in April & May 2006.

The third MERCURY-MARS square is also mutable, and takes place April 9 to April 16 - though the orb is wider - with MERCURY direct now in late Pisces, and MARS in late Gemini - it is an "extension" of the previous square pairing in mid-March. The situations that were not resolved during the retrograde of MERCURY in March will be then forced to resolve at this time.

The fourth MERCURY-MARS square is cardinal - with MERCURY in early Aries and MARS in early Cancer - this takes place the week of April 16 to April 22. This cardinal pairing is strong as well and reveals the decisions not resolved - though forced - by the third square pairing - initiates a series of problems that will continue into the months of May - ending there for some, and through MARS - into June through early September 2006 - ending there for others. This translates into matters such as legal actions, medical malpractice suits, international agreements, and business matters that were not resolved due to the stubborn qualities of MARS coming out of a nearly seven-month transit of the constellation Taurus.

Astrological Advice: Avoid these MERCURY-MARS squares by not getting involved in disputes that are silly, or disputes where one or more of the parties seek to just cause problems because of immaturity, hate, greed, laziness, and ignorance. The square quality is strong due to the involvement of MERCURY and stubborn because of the quality of MARS - therefore - low profile is best until the end of June 2006. This is when the transiting Lunar Nodes change quality from cardinal to mutable with the entry of the Dragon's Head into Pisces and the Dragon's Tail into Virgo on 22 June 2006 - starting a new era for the world that lasts to about December 2007.

C1

<<<:p >HiTheo,>>
Many thanks for this simply elegant spring preparedness plan.

I've been re-reading it (I guess I'm kinda slow like a hibernating
bear right now, but being a Taurus sun,
I know that spring
is coming!)
:wink: -- although it will be a late spring --

We've all been having our personal experiences

of the Grand Fixed Square, grinding away at any

"recessive-ego" rough edges as we enter the

phase of conscious transformation or whatever

we're experiencing as human life on Earth at the

moment.

I will follow the good advice here....

at the first sign of flu symptoms, I'll

find some aconite homeopathic pills

and take them with me into the bear cave...

for more peaceful, rejuvenating slumber, until spring.

:)
C1

Jrsaman

Look how touchy a time it might be for me....opposing my Sun/Pluto/Uranus conj. not to mention Chiron right there.
I will definetly trying to keep myself thinking to keeep a low profile.
I just got a call that my Father went back into the hospital.(infection around his heart is what they told us last time)
Any other thoughts on these transits to me would be interesting.
Thank You
O

Theo

Banned
Hi,

I will try to get to you and your questions... Been away making celestial observations... check out the eastern skies before the Sun rises, look to Venus in Capricorn & Aquarius, and then after Venus you will see a comet - below the constellation AQUILA, The Eagle, and see this comet streaking across the skies early March to about March 9.

amzolt

Re: THE COMING TRANSIT & RETROGRADE OF MERCURY IN PISCES

Theo said:

Very detailed but, on the whole, rather negative...
In your considerations of things like this, do you take time to ponder occasions when the same things happen and the planets are not in the same positions?

~ Alex

p.s. I have strong reasons to claim astrology does not predict events (even though I've been an astrologer for 36 years) but I also have strong reasons to discuss with equity and fairness.

Theo

Banned

amzolt said:
Theo said:

In your considerations of things like this, do you take time to ponder occasions when the same things happen and the planets are not in the same positions?

~ Alex

Dear Alex,

As a judicial astrologer, I do not include my personal "opinions" on world transits - I read them according to the aspects between planets, stars, Sun, and Moon, and then make my astrological judgement on the effects.

As for pondering occasions when the "same things happen and the planets are not in the same positions" - I don't quite get your meaning since in natal astrology any combinations of world transits on any particular time stamp can have both positive, negative, or even neutralizing effects on a person, a group, or country depending on location.

As for your PS - "p.s. I have strong reasons to claim astrology does not predict events (even though I've been an astrologer for 36 years) but I also have strong reasons to discuss with equity and fairness.
- I don't know what your reasons are for your claim that astrology does not predict events. I find this curious, since astrology, as you must know with 36 years experience - is a predictive science in itself. Astrology, essentially, is a study of cycles & patterns in time over thousands of years... and celestial observations have noted positive, negative, and neutral events with many planetary & stellar aspects relative to the Earth for centuries.

Theo

Banned

amzolt said:
Theo said:

~ Alex

Dear Alex,

As a judicial astrologer, I do not include my personal "opinions" on world transits - I read them according to the aspects between planets, stars, Sun, and Moon, and then make my astrological judgement on the effects.

As for pondering occasions when the "same things happen and the planets are not in the same positions" - I don't quite get your meaning since in natal astrology any combinations of world transits on any particular time stamp can have both positive, negative, or even neutralizing effects on a person, a group, or country depending on location.

As for your Post Script - "p.s. I have strong reasons to claim astrology does not predict events (even though I've been an astrologer for 36 years) but I also have strong reasons to discuss with equity and fairness.
-

I don't know what your reasons are for your claim that astrology does not predict events. I find this curious, since astrology, as you must know with 36 years experience - is a predictive science in itself. Astrology, essentially, is a study of cycles & patterns in time over thousands of years... and celestial observations have noted positive, negative, and neutral events with many planetary & stellar aspects relative to the Earth for centuries.

As an astrologer, the most important key to forecasting is to leave one's personal opinion OUT of the forecasts but to check, and re-check one's calculations. Nothing clouds astrological judgements of the celestial positions relative to the earth more than interference with one's personal views, opinions, etc., in order to attempt to "fit" what is seen, and calculated into a personal view.

amzolt

Theo said:
As for pondering occasions when the "same things happen and the planets are not in the same positions" - I don't quite get your meaning...

What I was trying to get at is that if one can say that "aspect A" predicts "event B" how is the validity of that called into question when "event B" happens even if "aspect A" doesn't?
Theo said:
As for your Post Script - "p.s. I have strong reasons to claim astrology does not predict events...
I don't know what your reasons are for your claim that astrology does not predict events.
Here's one from my recent book:
"Many years ago, I had the opportunity to talk to two men, born of different mothers but at the same time at the same hospital. Since they had the same chart you'd think they would have had the same events happening in their lives, right? Well, all it takes is one contrary occurrence of something to disprove a theory and here it is: There was a strong indicator in their charts at a certain time and I asked the first man what happened. He said his father had died. I asked the other man, with the same chart, what happened and he said he'd been on his first nude beach... Obviously, the same chart had shown two very different events! Then, I asked the first man (and, by the way, I interviewed these men separately), "What did it mean when your father died?" He said that he'd felt like he'd had shackles removed (his father had been rather authoritarian). I asked the other man, "What did it mean to be on your first nude beach?" He said that he had dropped his shackles... They used exactly the same, and not so common, word to describe what two very different events meant. See? Astrology predicts meanings."

Elianah

I think for some astrology was, and always will be, a predictive tool for events. For others it will be a predictor of meanings or predictors of behaviors or predictors of evolution...the list would probably go on for as long as there are astrologers on this planet.

The thing is, I believe both camps will find what they expect from a natal, transit or progressed chart because it is what they choose to observe. They may not be able or willing to see the other multitude of possibilities and acknowledge their existence and possibility of being as probable as the original observation.

It is how that information is put out into the public, whether it is a small public like this one or the "general public"—how ever one chooses to define that term, that I think needs to be addressed because the energies we put out affect the quantumverse and the macroverse. The quality of the message is as important as the information content. If a message veers to the more negative side, does it not reinforce the doom and gloom quarters of the population? And does this not make it even more difficult for the seeds of the highest and greatest good of all, not just humans but the whole planet, to spring forth?

Yet there will always be people who will resonate with more negative messages and for that reason it is important for those views to be posted, whether or not those views ring true for the majority. The only way to transform and transmute negative ideas into fertilizer for the greatest and highest good of all is to hear it and try to find out and understand where that negativity resonates from in the depths of the person or groups radiating it. When that happens, one can transmute and transform for oneself, helping others to learn to do that if they so choose.

We cannot choose for others. We can only choose for ourselves. Our choices will have an effect, however, if we believe they will.

Elianah

amzolt

Elianah said:
I think for some astrology was, and always will be, a predictive tool for events. For others it will be a predictor of meanings or predictors of behaviors or predictors of evolution...the list would probably go on for as long as there are astrologers on this planet.

The thing is, I believe both camps will find what they expect from a natal, transit or progressed chart because it is what they choose to observe. They may not be able or willing to see the other multitude of possibilities and acknowledge their existence and possibility of being as probable as the original observation.

It is how that information is put out into the public, whether it is a small public like this one or the "general public"—how ever one chooses to define that term, that I think needs to be addressed because the energies we put out affect the quantumverse and the macroverse. The quality of the message is as important as the information content. If a message veers to the more negative side, does it not reinforce the doom and gloom quarters of the population? And does this not make it even more difficult for the seeds of the highest and greatest good of all, not just humans but the whole planet, to spring forth?

Yet there will always be people who will resonate with more negative messages and for that reason it is important for those views to be posted, whether or not those views ring true for the majority. The only way to transform and transmute negative ideas into fertilizer for the greatest and highest good of all is to hear it and try to find out and understand where that negativity resonates from in the depths of the person or groups radiating it. When that happens, one can transmute and transform for oneself, helping others to learn to do that if they so choose.

We cannot choose for others. We can only choose for ourselves. Our choices will have an effect, however, if we believe they will.

Elianah
I agree.

~ Alex

Theo

Banned

amzolt said:
Theo said:
As for pondering occasions when the "same things happen and the planets are not in the same positions" - I don't quite get your meaning...

What I was trying to get at is that if one can say that "aspect A" predicts "event B" how is the validity of that called into question when "event B" happens even if "aspect A" doesn't?
Theo said:
As for your Post Script - "p.s. I have strong reasons to claim astrology does not predict events...
I don't know what your reasons are for your claim that astrology does not predict events.
Here's one from my recent book:
"Many years ago, I had the opportunity to talk to two men, born of different mothers but at the same time at the same hospital. Since they had the same chart you'd think they would have had the same events happening in their lives, right? Well, all it takes is one contrary occurrence of something to disprove a theory and here it is: There was a strong indicator in their charts at a certain time and I asked the first man what happened. He said his father had died. I asked the other man, with the same chart, what happened and he said he'd been on his first nude beach... Obviously, the same chart had shown two very different events! Then, I asked the first man (and, by the way, I interviewed these men separately), "What did it mean when your father died?" He said that he'd felt like he'd had shackles removed (his father had been rather authoritarian). I asked the other man, "What did it mean to be on your first nude beach?" He said that he had dropped his shackles... They used exactly the same, and not so common, word to describe what two very different events meant. See? Astrology predicts meanings."

Well, I see your point, but really don't understand your point when it comes to my own post. I write what I see astrologically, and when I wrote on global transits - such as the current ones - I forecast what I calculate. A simple review of the world's news, weather, events, etc., will confirm what the global transits influences are having on human beings, who, possess free will, yes, but WITHIN the confines of the cosmic laws - not OUTSIDE of them. These are transits.

As a judicial astrologer, when I make Mundane calculations, I do so purely on transits, and their effects generally, and, also on particular locations.

I think your view is based more on natal, individual transits, and comes from a perspective that I do share when it comes to consulting with clients.

However, I often find that some consulting astrologers confuse judicial, mundane forecasts with natal ones - they are NOT the same. Mundane, or global transits have an overall effect on populations as a whole - much like they do on the weather, rains, snows, winds, etc., which affect us all.

Yet, individual transits concerning the native are particular to their own time stamp - yet, remember, that generations will share some planetary and stellar positions - such as those who have their Jupiter, or Saturn Returns in the same time cycle due to transiting planets. Each will have their own experiences according to environment, upbringing, etc.

I do not try to accentuate the negative - but I do not deny it either - that would be taking away from true vision, and inserting my own "desire" onto the true forecast. Positive, and malefic transits DO exist. There is no denying it, and taking a humanist view concerning this fact does not change it. There are hard aspects, and soft ones. One's personal opinion is not a factor in changing these aspects. Only one's attention, and ability to navigate them are important. In Mundane calculations affecting large groups, or populations - What is seen must be forecast.

Now, with individuals, this can work a different way, since the native has the free will to "navigate" through approaching transits - such as delaying a trip, or not engaging in business at a particular time, and using the guidance of the astrologer to neutralize negative, favorable transits (which are real despite one's opinion, or view) while accentuating the positive, favorable ones.

The worst thing an astrologer can do is to partake in the "political correctness" of any times. This clouds vision, and ability. Astrology is a predictive science, and any attempt to prove otherwise is useless, and foolish, since the very science itself is based on using knowledge of coming patterns & cycles in time and space to assist others (and oneself) to reading the will of God the Creator - who regulates all things through the celestial bodies. It is one giant, highly magnetized clock - and the clock is always ticking.

amzolt

Theo said:
However, I often find that some consulting astrologers confuse judicial, mundane forecasts with natal ones - they are NOT the same. Mundane, or global transits have an overall effect on populations as a whole - much like they do on the weather, rains, snows, winds, etc., which affect us all.
Yet, individual transits concerning the native are particular to their own time stamp - yet, remember, that generations will share some planetary and stellar positions - such as those who have their Jupiter, or Saturn Returns in the same time cycle due to transiting planets. Each will have their own experiences according to environment, upbringing, etc.

I'm not confusing judicial and natal. I have the view that both are governed by the same Root principles.

Then, also:

Theo said:
...with individuals, this can work a different way, since the native has the free will to "navigate" through approaching transits

So, why do groups, which I agree can at times become "mindless" and exhibit uniform behavior and which I also realize are composed of mostly "un-individuated" people, not receive the same chance to focus on the positive and change their behaviour? And why can't we look at social phenomena and realize that "Mind" exists on many levels and "Choice" can be made individually at the same time that it's being made collectively?

Theo said:
Positive, and malefic transits DO exist. There is no denying it, and taking a humanist view concerning this fact does not change it.

The Squares and Oppositions exist as well as the Trines and Sextiles, yes...
This in no way makes them automatically fall into "positive/malefic" bins.

and also:

Theo said:
Astrology is a predictive science, and any attempt to prove otherwise is useless, and foolish, since the very science itself is based on using knowledge of coming patterns & cycles in time and space to assist others (and oneself) to reading the will of God the Creator

I will agree that astrology is predictive of Meaning. If you continue to claim that it predicts events, I'll have to continue to disagree with you...

And then, the still unanswered question:

If one can say that "aspect A" predicts "event B" how is the validity of that called into question when "event B" happens even if "aspect A" doesn't?

~ Alex

Theo

Banned

amzolt said:
Theo said:

I'm not confusing judicial and natal. I have the view that both are governed by the same Root principles.

Then, also:

Theo said:
...with individuals, this can work a different way, since the native has the free will to "navigate" through approaching transits

So, why do groups, which I agree can at times become "mindless" and exhibit uniform behavior and which I also realize are composed of mostly "un-individuated" people, not receive the same chance to focus on the positive and change their behaviour? And why can't we look at social phenomena and realize that "Mind" exists on many levels and "Choice" can be made individually at the same time that it's being made collectively?

Theo said:
Positive, and malefic transits DO exist. There is no denying it, and taking a humanist view concerning this fact does not change it.

The Squares and Oppositions exist as well as the Trines and Sextiles, yes...
This in no way makes them automatically fall into "positive/malefic" bins.

and also:

Theo said:
Astrology is a predictive science, and any attempt to prove otherwise is useless, and foolish, since the very science itself is based on using knowledge of coming patterns & cycles in time and space to assist others (and oneself) to reading the will of God the Creator

I will agree that astrology is predictive of Meaning. If you continue to claim that it predicts events, I'll have to continue to disagree with you...

And then, the still unanswered question:

If one can say that "aspect A" predicts "event B" how is the validity of that called into question when "event B" happens even if "aspect A" doesn't?

~ Alex

All I can say to you here Alex, is that you seem to present a sole psychological view of astrology - which appears to be the "basis" of the use of your word "meaning." There are many, many direct impacts of celestial transits direct on the world.

Listen, astrological configurations have a direct impact on the world's weather - for instance - with material events taking place under transits. As for your question about "aspect A" predicts "aspect B" - how is that a question? I don't even get what you are referring to?

Transits often "presage" events - potential ones to be sure - that have and do occur. And - observations on transits over the centuries have shown that there are favorable, unfavorable, and yes - even malefic transits - with direct effects throughout world history, and in the lives of others.

amzolt

Theo said:
As for your question about "aspect A" predicts "aspect B" - how is that a question? I don't even get what you are referring to?
That was "Aspect A" (or, any particular astrological configuration) is said to "predict" "Event B"; in other words: A predicts B.
The question is what about the times that B happens and A doesn't; i.e., the event happens without the aspect that's said to predict it?

~ Alex

Theo

Banned

amzolt said:
Theo said:
As for your question about "aspect A" predicts "aspect B" - how is that a question? I don't even get what you are referring to?
That was "Aspect A" (or, any particular astrological configuration) is said to "predict" "Event B"; in other words: A predicts B.
The question is what about the times that B happens and A doesn't; i.e., the event happens without the aspect that's said to predict it?

~ Alex

I still don't get your reference. Listen, any moment in time as many aspects, and configurations - forecasts often depend on location, and previous transits that act as presages of any event in time. So - define what Aspect "A" in relation to aspect "B" - because you are only talking about two aspects here, and your question is so general as to not make any sense.

amzolt

Theo said:
So - define what Aspect "A" in relation to aspect "B" - because you are only talking about two aspects here, and your question is so general as to not make any sense.
Perhaps your lack of understanding comes from saying two "aspects" when I'm saying one "aspect" and one "event"...

~ Alex

AquariusMoon

Theo, excellent article.

1) On March 8th I got sick from running to an appointment where I didn't bring a jacket and it started to snow. I caught a chill and had a fever for several days. Mars was cj my Sun. You mentioned in your article that the Mercury/Mars square would cause illness from weather.

2) As I mentioned, it snowed, but just a little. Then on March 12 we had a good all-day snowstorm, the first real winter storm for us. Usually it snows a lot, but this year there has been a total drought of snow. You mentioned extreme weather during this period.

3) As of yesterday someone has been sending me a slew of nasty PM's and won't let up because I told you that I liked some information you gave on another thread and I guess there were some ego issues, favoritism. I should've just let it roll off my shoulders like you suggested in your article, but I asked for an apology and all I got were more insults instead. I give up. Very Mercury square Pluto.

Theo

Banned

amzolt said:
Theo said:
So - define what Aspect "A" in relation to aspect "B" - because you are only talking about two aspects here, and your question is so general as to not make any sense.
Perhaps your lack of understanding comes from saying two "aspects" when I'm saying one "aspect" and one "event"...

~ Alex

Alex,

I still don't get what your reference is to regarding aspects "A" and "B" - what are you talking about? What particular transits?

Theo

Banned
AquariusMoon said:
Theo, excellent article.

1) On March 8th I got sick from running to an appointment where I didn't bring a jacket and it started to snow. I caught a chill and had a fever for several days. Mars was cj my Sun. You mentioned in your article that the Mercury/Mars square would cause illness from weather.

2) As I mentioned, it snowed, but just a little. Then on March 12 we had a good all-day snowstorm, the first real winter storm for us. Usually it snows a lot, but this year there has been a total drought of snow. You mentioned extreme weather during this period.

3) As of yesterday someone has been sending me a slew of nasty PM's and won't let up because I told you that I liked some information you gave on another thread and I guess there were some ego issues, favoritism. I should've just let it roll off my shoulders like you suggested in your article, but I asked for an apology and all I got were more insults instead. I give up. Very Mercury square Pluto.

Hope you are feeling better AquariusMoon. As for the nasty PMs... try to ignore that. Some people have a serious problem contiuing their astrological learning because they mistakenly settled on whatever "level" of "understanding" they currently are on. Ego has no place and clouds astrological judgement, and so you've probably have dealt with people who have a hard time actually performing quality astrological work due to egos.