Hello!

Wrendryge

So, the intro PM urged me to post in the Intro Forum ASAP so I posted in Intro Forum ASAP. As for me, I guess I'm fine being called Wren or whatnot. I'm a bit of an astrology beginner, it's a hobby for me ever since I realized that there was more than it to sun signs. (Having a Cancer sun, lent me to being the butt of a lot jokes as a kid XD) I know the houses, planets, chart rulers etc, but when it comes to adding up all the components together, I'm not quite sure in what way to add them up. ^^; So, nice to meet you all and I hope to have some interesting conversations!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

So, the intro PM urged me to post in the Intro Forum ASAP so I posted in Intro Forum ASAP.
As for me, I guess I'm fine being called Wren or whatnot. I'm a bit of an astrology beginner,
it's a hobby for me ever since I realized that there was more than it to sun signs.
(Having a Cancer sun, lent me to being the butt of a lot jokes as a kid XD)
I know the houses, planets, chart rulers etc,
but when it comes to adding up all the components together, I'm not quite sure in what way to add them up. ^^;
So, nice to meet you all and I hope to have some interesting conversations!
Hello Wrendryge, welcome to our mixed-ability astrological learning forum
Many of us are complete beginners
others have a few years of experience
and others such as dr.farr have more than fifty years of astrological study completed
we all learn by discussion

There are as many different ways of reading a chart as there are astrologers :smile:
however the basics are
to begin with the signification of the planet
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/sun.html
then the signification of the sign in which the particulare planet being studied is located in http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aries.html
then the signification of the house the planet is located in http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

There's great guidance on synthesis of all this information at
https://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/newmain.html

and there are many online free study aids such as

dignities2.gif

HOW TO READ THIS TABLE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

Blaze

Account Closed
Welcome to the forums fellow Cancer-sun!

I'm Blaze, Nice to internet greet ya. :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, What is your Moon sign? I'm always curious as to what other peoples moon signs are...

Mine is in Leo!

Wrendryge

Thank you for the links! I'll have fun reading them.
EDIT: This site is uber helpful with these dignities that I kept on hearing but never figured out what they meant exactly!

Last edited:

Wrendryge

@ Blaze Hi! My moon is opposite of yours, I have an Aquarius moon. c: It's quite an interesting position considering my sun sign and all XD;;

Blaze

Account Closed
@ Blaze Hi! My moon is opposite of yours, I have an Aquarius moon. c: It's quite an interesting position considering my sun sign and all XD;;

That's actually a great combo imo. You're probably not as sensitive as some of our other Cancer brothers & Sisters. I have this idea that a water-sun benefits greatly from a fire or air moon, As it lightens the sensitivity in the person. Of course that's kind of a generalization though as a persons entire chart should be taken into account (I'm rambling, Silly Mec in Gemini).

Anyways, Enjoy your time on here. :smile:

gnr993

So, the intro PM urged me to post in the Intro Forum ASAP so I posted in Intro Forum ASAP. As for me, I guess I'm fine being called Wren or whatnot. I'm a bit of an astrology beginner, it's a hobby for me ever since I realized that there was more than it to sun signs. (Having a Cancer sun, lent me to being the butt of a lot jokes as a kid XD) I know the houses, planets, chart rulers etc, but when it comes to adding up all the components together, I'm not quite sure in what way to add them up. ^^; So, nice to meet you all and I hope to have some interesting conversations!

welcome to the forum!

Wrendryge

I'm so sorry for the late replies, my computer broke, and while it's still being fixed, I did manage to get a hold of another one.

@ Hm, I would disagree in my case. I think that since Aquarius is such an impersonal sign in terms of emotions, he (it?) isn't really cut out to deal with all the emotional paperwork so to speak -- it just isn't his language. And I find that one moment I'm completely logical and unbiased and the next I'm the textbook case of a leaky faucet. Rather due to emotional build up than it just struck me. Now that might also have to do with that fact that my moon is in my first house and oppositioning Mercury. And nah, I find your ramblings quite interesting, and I hope you don't mind mine. :biggrin: And thank you, I hope I do!

@Grn Thank you! ^^

Warlocke

Welcome Wren,

Thought I'd stop by and say hello to everyone who joined the same day I did. So funny your a cancer sun (not to be the butt of my jokes type of way). I've been transmuting a lot of difficult energy in my life lately and then all of a sudden a met this homeless guy one night after I left the house I pay rent and bills to sleep on a park bench so that my now ex-girlfriend could sleep comfortably after a break-up. Dude was so cool (but waaaaay to sensitive to integrate into American society) I've been picking him up to take him for meals and play pool & darts with him everyone once in awhile just to enjoy his conversations and perspective. He's so down to water (excuse the down to earth pun lol). Just recently found out he was a Cancer. Now I attribute this connection to my Cancer Moon. Anways welcome. Happy soul searching.

Until the next moment.....