predicting death

there is no mod on at the moment and i am not sure if this should be moved to another thread or not........:confused:

I dont want to offend anyone.....

Nexus7

Smiling Steph

In the case of the individual wo asked me to tell him when his father would die so he could inherit he house. Well, the question and sentiment behind it repelled me and I had rather horrendous visions of his spiking the old lush's booze with rat poison, if my prediction did not deliver on time - would anybody really, ever want to be a party to a scenario like that????

In the case of the one where suicide had been predicted: that sounds to me like a would-be guru on a pretty nasty power trip and actually I was livid for that young man. Perhaps I had better not give my views on esoterisicm here, bucause no doubt that really might offend someone who follows that path. This boy was only about 20, needing to make his way in life and did seem moderately vulnerable, though that might not have been his chosen way of describing himself. He had a fixed Grand Cross and I did spend a lot of my session with him talking about the need to avoid excessive introspection and not losing touch with his grip of ordinary reality and personal needs (he may have had Neptune rising, but I can't remember for sure).

I think I mentioned elsewhere that a few years later someone I was sent from an organisation vetting its readers, told me that if I did not give up my dreams of being a struggling artist, I would commit suicide. At the time I was geting increasingly concerned abouthe way the 'wind was blowing' ideologically in the UK, but I think there are other ways she could have put her little message. Someone later told me that maybe I should have sued, for 'grievious bodily harm.' Apparently, it can be done in cases such as these. I mentioned to he tbody that sent her to me that she had told me this, but they interpteted my attempts to be 'fair' as ambiguity. I should have thrown her out of my house.

That is how I see the ethics there.

As for the scenario of the patient wanting to know - as said, I have never been sommoned to a hopital forthat ki of prediction. It is therefore not wihin my area of experience. I certainly would not want to bungle it either - many people say that are ready for 'the truth' but they are not really.

There are supposed to be indications when someone knows that they are dying - they may say they 'are going on a journey' or report special dreams, for example. I should think that hospice workers might be able to make reliable predictions from information such as this without the need for horoscopes, but if the astrologer is also sensitive to these signs - well, then it is up to the astrologer's discretion when giving a possible date.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi- interesting discussion!
Eight years ago my best friend was diagnosed with cancer. Her doctor assured her it was *terminal* at the time.But how long? They would not say.She came to me for an astrological *prognosis*, wanting to know how long she had so she could finish her business here on earth....I didnt feel competent to do such a chart back then but I helped her through, with timing of medical procedures etc. As it became clear she was finally in terminal stages, I ran a horary-which proved accurate to a few minutes....That was more for the benefit of we friends who were caring for her...by that time she just wanted it to be over.
She believed that she had 8 years *survival* ,in part due to the fact that we used horary/and transits to time all the important *stages* and medical interventions, new meds, clinical trials, etc etc etc.this woman was a very strong person who wanted to *direct* her life, right to the end.astrology did help her with that journey.
Cheers Lillyjgc

astro.teacher

LG,

Okay analyzing it its something like this;

1)Saturn
2)Mercury
3)Mercury
4)Sun
5)Sun
6)Sun (first Triplicity from the fourth Angle which I believe they mean the 4th house)
7)Saturn (has dignity in Leo 4 degrees in the Terms table)

This concluded, it would seem that the Sun would be your significator of death.

Ok thanks astro teacher......i guess the house system has got me into trouble here?...........should have been using equal houses?

I am confused about the 6th point.......using equal houses, venus rules my 4th house(taurus, earth)....aries (fire) is the 3rd.....making the first triplicity venus not the sun.....where am i going wrong here? The only triplicity to be ruled by the sun is fire isnt it?

regardless of that, if the significator is indeed the sun.............
I looked at the significator of death yesterday on your site and the thing that struck me the most was the dying with a great many men......to me you know what that signifies? Heart attack.......many people die of heart attack, including my own mother.....I definitely wouldnt rule that out.....I have been harsh on my body in the past, suffer from stress......
I hope i dont die in a dungeon......another thing that crossed my mind was a disaster of some kind.....dying the company of a great number of men....
very interesting
will continue reading your site....

would love anyone elses opinions here

Edit: I suppose i will never kknow until it happens how i will die, but this little bit i have learned might make me stop the ciggarettes........again....

Last edited:

Sag Moon

If the 4th indicates the end of life does the 8th indicate how we die?

I forgot the indicators to death.

And the ruler of the chart I would think needs to be aspected duirng death or the ascendant.

This is why there should not be a rush for an astrologer giving details as to when a persoon might leave this plane IMO.

I have read of astologers telling people when and how they will go which really sickens me.If they were to say it is not advisable to do something or be careful of driving etc. on a certain time I could see that.

I have only seen my mothers death and did not tell her,but knew through my chart that her time might come when Pl=Mn in my chart.

Just thinkling!

Sag Moon

Liquid Green said:
SM, not respecting the wishes of the person enquiring sickens me.

I do not know where you are coming from on that.

If a person asks to know their time of death then an astrologer could state when they might see they might meet their maker,but for an astrologer to just telll a person they are going to go at a certain time s really hard for me to see.

I know of one person where that is what happened.The astrologer was wrong which made te person stress and think they were going to go when they infact did not.

If I injured your inquiry I regret I mentioned my opinioon.

But if someone asks an astrologer and they arent ready for mistakes and the answer if they are wrong then who's fault is that.....those people shouldnt be asking about there death.......
your opinion is fine, but i cant see why the astrologer always gets blamed.....it is possible that the person can avoid death with knowledge of the estimated time of death.....
It comes with the territory, and should be taken into consideration.....i wonder if you have the same opinion of astrologers predicting the time of pregancies and marriage....that can cause stress too.....even doctors get it wrong and they dont get...."it sickens me"....they can say a person has 3 mths to live and that person can live longer and they dont get the same reactions, as it is seens as them attempting to do there job...........

Sag Moon

Liquid Green said:
But if someone asks an astrologer and they arent ready for mistakes and the answer if they are wrong then who's fault is that.....those people shouldnt be asking about there death.......
your opinion is fine, but i cant see why the astrologer always gets blamed.....it is possible that the person can avoid death with knowledge of the estimated time of death.....
It comes with the territory, and should be taken into consideration.....i wonder if you have the same opinion of astrologers predicting the time of pregancies and marriage....that can cause stress too.....even doctors get it wrong and they dont get...."it sickens me"....they can say a person has 3 mths to live and that person can live longer and they dont get the same reactions, as it is seens as them attempting to do there job...........

In the case I am alluding to the person did not asked when they were to go ,but the astrologer told them theywould die young and in a certain year.

Unless the astrologer is certain then I do not think they should predict such an event outright IMO. Warnings migh be in order.

It is not hard to be wrong,but hard to be right.

A case I reacntly read about an astrologer told a perso in the mafia that they should not go out or associate with people of questionable charcacther during a certan period.They chose not to relie on the advice and ended up sleeping with the fish's.

I think it is prudent for an astrologer to warn people of times of good tidings and warn against times when actions are unfavorable.But to say an event is immenient is not to wise.I have asked about certain alignments which will occur an what the event might entail and have gotten mixed respnses.I have to make the determination as to what might occur now.It still baffles me,bt I will get the idea of what it means beforehand I think.It may come from my unconscious .

Recently a highly respected astrologer predicted the pope would suffer a heart attack and it did not occur.What if it were a client.They might have went and spent alot on Drs. and insurance for nothing.I think it would have be advisable to say to a client to have their heart checked throughly in the near future ,but to predict they would have a heart attack might not be advisable.

IMO words should be very guarded and predictions should be very reliable .If they are not then people can really pay.

These psychic's that we read are less then 5% reliable.Probably less then that.Astrologers should be held to what they ppredict more han tabloid psychics IMO or else guard their words.They yeld alot of power to influence.Many that go to an astrologer think they are seers I think which they are not.They relay what their previous experience is based on previous occurances that are known by past experience based on other astrologers and text.They sometimes want to be what they are not,seers.

Seers, prophets ,clairvoyants and the like are a rare find.Not htat they do not exist,,but they are not what an astrologer is.They are more and people sometimes think of the astrologer as being such a person.I think that it's the duty of the astrologer to say upfront they are not.'

I am often asked "will I ever get Married?"-My first reply is "I do not know,will you?" as it is not always a predictable thing."Do you want to find a partner?"It is up to the person also as to who they will meet and be with as much as it is written in the stars.Are there more favorable times to find a person to be married to or the occurance to happen I think so.In some cases it is shown in the chart ofcourse,but then there is the question of choice also.SOme marriages should never occur IMO.It would be better if the couple never got married or had even meet each other ,but their is fate also.

Some people want to be told and do not wish to do the work is my point.

I remember one client that came to me about 15yrs. ago..I saw they were to be given alot of responsibility ,but I could not know where it would come from or what it entailed.I found out later it was through his getting a girl pregnant 3X's.It was shown through the first ,but reflected through the 7th.What that taught me was that to always look to the opposite house for where the answer might be.

In some cases the astrologer over step their bound of responsibilty by inserting things they cannot possibly have insight to as well as Drs..

A Dr. gave my mother 5yrs. to live with their treatment.Instead they killed her within 9mos..I tend not to trust anyone till they prove they are worthy of trust now.

I would not be eager to predict death .I would be cautious to say something that the likelihood of death might occur at these times in your life or something to that effect unless I was certain without a doubt.I even look at my own chart in those terms.

I have certain talents for predictng events,but they are not through astrology.Most is through the logical chain of events based on past experience's having to do with what I know to have went beforehand.

JMO

astro.teacher

LG,

i guess the house system has got me into trouble here?...........should have been using equal houses?

I see no reason to use Equal house system. Why are you?

I am confused about the 6th point.......using equal houses, venus rules my 4th house(taurus, earth)....aries (fire) is the 3rd.....making the first triplicity venus not the sun.....where am i going wrong here? The only triplicity to be ruled by the sun is fire isnt it?

The chart you gave was Placidus, I made my calculations from that and there your fourth is in Aries.

I looked at the significator of death yesterday on your site and the thing that struck me the most was the dying with a great many men......to me you know what that signifies? Heart attack.......many people die of heart attack, including my own mother.....I definitely wouldnt rule that out.....I have been harsh on my body in the past, suffer from stress......

I find it fascinating that you mention a heart attack, being that the Sun also has rulership over the heart.

I hope i dont die in a dungeon......another thing that crossed my mind was a disaster of some kind.....dying the company of a great number of men....

The dungeon stumps me as well. I try to take all traditional interpretations at face value (because certainly they were accurate for one time and as we like to believe times change, they really dont). However, if you know Astrology, interpretations are not always the best route to follow as you will see below. It is stated that it is by the sentence of a judge as well which you might want to take note of. If you are going to a violent country, this type of practice (judge to dungeon) may not be completely ruled out. I would be very careful about heart diseases and issues surrounding there. You need to further analyze your chart to see if the disease is violent or natural. If it is violent, the interpretation concerning inprisonment will be more suited whereas if it is natural, you can go with the heart problems or issues surrounding hot diseases.

Something I also notice is that your Sun, who is the significator of death, is also placed in the 12th House which happens to also rule IMPRISONMENT. This is a strange coincidence. As with the regard of dying with great men, this comes from the fact that the Sun rules over great men (princes kings & etc.). However the Sun ALSO rules over fathers. The fact that it is not only in Capricorn but your chart is a diurnal chart, clearly illustrates a fatherly connection in this. How did your father die? I believe the answer can be found there (this is why the Astrologer needs to know Astrology inside and out or details like this would easily be missed if going by interpretations alone).

Edit: I suppose i will never kknow until it happens how i will die, but this little bit i have learned might make me stop the ciggarettes........again....

See, who said that Death predictions arent useful, they are perfect motivation to make your life better and more healthy!

oh my goodness....there is a connection there.......my father died when a trench he was digging out (a large one) collapsed in on him.....he was "imprisoned" and died in there......................that is very strange.....someone else told me today that aries can rule a sudden death.....what do you think about that......? (aries rules my fourth (house of father))
I will have to find out about the violent or natural.......judge to dungeon i am stumped on............

as for the houses, i need to recheck my chart counting i think, cos i have been using placidius too.:eek:

thanks for this AT......i really find this information helpful and useful....i will be paying close attention to how i treat my heart.....will continue looking atmy chart and your site

And i have to say, i have considered a earth rammed house and if i lived in this country i am going to i would consider it more.....might give that a miss now....

Last edited:

astro.teacher

Sag Moon,

If the 4th indicates the end of life does the 8th indicate how we die?

The 4th indicates the end of everything. The 8th shows details about death, just as the Ascendant shows details of life. The 8th house is unaspected by the Ascendant and because it is above the Horizon it is more strong and powerful and therefore more apt to causing death than the 6th (who is also unaspected by the Ascendant but below the horizon and therefore less powerful).

I forgot the indicators to death.

http://www.antiquus-astrology.com/Chap5-2.html
http://www.antiquus-astrology.com/Chap5-3.html

I have read of astologers telling people when and how they will go which really sickens me.If they were to say it is not advisable to do something or be careful of driving etc. on a certain time I could see that.

I still find it fascinating that modern Astrologers have the capabilities to predict anything, let alone death. When I studied Modern Astrology, I saw no such methods or anything even close to what Traditional Astrologer offers in predicting methods and accuracy. Telling someone they are going to die at such and such a date with no other information is useless to any client. Warning a client of the dangers of doing something one day and showing that they can be mortal is no different than preparing people for a hurricane about to hit. Only people with a deathwish will not heed the warnings. I dont think we need to look at Noahs story.

Sag Moon

AT
Regardless of what we may think there are those that have predicted their own and others end of life by the use of astrology.

Kraft the famous German astrologer had warned that Hitler would have an attempt on his life and was correct.

I think it might be shown when there might be more favorable times then others to do certain things.So there might be times when the chart shows the most liklihood for one to experience death or illness.

I do not try to concern myself with such questins generally,but as we see LG wants to know how she mmight experience death.

I think I know how death might occur for myself ,but i try not to dwell on it.I mmay be wirong and astologers might be when forecasting suc an event which makes me wary of seeing any that do it.

Elsbeth Ebertin predicted te rise of Hitler and was correct after seeing his chart.Other astrologers have been correct in their readong of the futures of important leaders. One can only speculate how they did it.

I guess there are those wiith an intuitive ability that surpasses others.I also bet that these types of intuitive events are rare.

I wonder weather Dixon had predicted Kennedy's death after the fact.I think I have read that it was written about after the fact yet she was proclaimed as being a modern day seer.

I also wonder if what has been written about Nostradaumus(?) is true as his writings are so obscure they can be read differently by any scholar for interpretation.

If you would please tell me what the difference is concerning the 8th and 4th when looking at the death equation if you would?

The 4th I would think signfy's when the end occurs and the 8th How it happens I would think.Am I correct on thet assertion?

TIA

smilingsteph

Not to get off of track, but I dont believe that Nostradaumus and his Quatrains are obscure. They seem to have patterns and are readable rather than being elusive and very open to interpretation.
MM gets me thinking about starting a new thread,
Thanks!

Sag Moon

That's just my opinion.

If you think they are really clear then that's fine,but even during WWII they were in dispute over what actually was said and the end of days have beeen specualted on by them since they were written.

One thing that prophets\seers do is not speak in clear language and what is often interpreted is not really shown until after it has past.

sheila

Predicting death for someone is an absolute NO.
Even if the chart is indicating an ending and you need to have many factors suggesting this, it is totally irresponsible to plant a seed in someones mind.
which I may add cannot be taken back.
Their are some things in this life that we dont need to know.

memento mori

I'd actually love to know. I even did research on it.

It all depends on the life philosophy of the subject, i'd like to know head straight what i'm dealing with.

i've got this situation with a person close to me... and i just cant believe that the person doesnt even ask the doctors how much time left.... I'd love to know where i stand and have a chance to tackle all my issues and insecurities.

I knew a person who predicted his own death. It was pretty valuable to him. he got a chance to prepare himself

kiwikid

I was told that I would die of drowning ? my jupiter on scheat [shipwrecks and drowning], and a psychic told me I would die across water [overseas].
Another psychic asked if I had a fear of water, and this was correct - I would huddle down near the floor of the car when we went over bridges, and the school teachers could never get me to put my head under water - anyway she told me I had that fear because I had drowned in a previous life. I don't believe in previous lives, one's enough for me, and I'd prefer to try out a different planet or galaxy - not much else to see down here, lol.

Doesn't the 8H tell of the type of death? And your death chart can have lots of good aspects there if it is an easy death, but hard aspects if it is not easy.

My father knew he was dying of cancer, and was nursed at home. Towards the end, he asked the cancer nurse who called in to see him each day when he would die. She told him 4 weeks and it was 4 weeks. I told her off, and said that Dad had still not given up hope of remission, and what he really wanted her to say was that he still had plenty of time. When I went back inside to see Dad he was sobbing his heart out. I could have killed that stupid nurse! You should never take away a person's hope, ever.

Voodoo docs "point the stick" at a person and that person will die because he/she really believes him. People who are easy to hypnotise probably could be susceptible to believing this.

I survived my heart attack, but it wasn't a bad experience when the heart attack was happening, only cramp in my arm, was given some lovely morphine, kind of remembered an ambulance and woke a few hours after surgery. It could have been a real peaceful death. Hope God hasn't saved up something worse for later on, that would really brass me off!

Don't worry about the dying till it happens, get on with life while you can.

Cheers
Marg:)