A guy predicted me death........so scared and annoyed....

Backy

Hey guys.

I have a question, i asked a guy over the internet if it's possible to predict death in astrology and this is what he told me:

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi Backy, Welcome to the Forum.
Firstly, relax.
Whoever has given you this information, is very much mistaken.
In your case, your Sun is at 2 Aries and now Pluto is at 3 Capricorn, square your Sun. That is in my opinion a sort of clue that Pluto is influencing you subconsciously to concern yourself with your death.

Ok,I have sun at 2 deg lib.When Pluto got to 2 deg cap it conjuncted my ascendant . I did not die. Even though Sat was also transiting my sun at the time...
It is probably *possible* to calculate the age of death from a natal chart, but it is certainly not easy and few astrologers have successfully done this. It involves house rulers as well as transiting planets, and also shows in a progressed chart and all these different modules of astrology need to be in agreement-so there are many things to consider.There is no simple formula that can be applied.

Sure we can find numerous examples of people who died when Pluto was impacting their chart, but equally we can find others that show other aspects, like Saturn or Mars being involved..For actual physical death to occur a whole bunch of factors have to come together astrologically.
A chart can be undergoing very difficult transits but even one helpful trine or even a sextile can be enough to secure the life of the Native.
Many of my own friends, family have died over the years, and I have studied their charts closely-each had very different aspects going on when they died. For example, my friend who died of cancer had very peaceful aspects around her death-the tough time had come in the years leading up to her death-death was a peaceful release for her and that showed in the chart.
Also a death would be reflected in the charts of those associated with the native also.
With Pluto transiting my ascendant and squaring my sun, I was expecting to be ill, but so far I havent been.Matters involving my children have arisen though-the sun is the natural ruler of children.
Under the Pluto transit, I've weeded out a lot of aspects of my life that were crowding me-that's Pluto at its transforming best.Dental work was also part of that transit.
A lot of change is occurring for me under this transit.The sun rules my ninth and natally Pluto is in my ninth so part of this transit for me has been about getting access to my Medical Records, through legal action as a result of surgery (Pluto) several years ago...So these transits can play out in many ways.

Personally I think it's unethical for anyone to purport to actually predict the age of death of another person.This information can be misused and we have all heard of the idea of *self-fulfilling prophecies*.
I wouldn't take that person too seriously.
Cheers
Lilly

gemini59

As I read through it he sounded more as if he were generalizing. I am not sure if you asked a question about death but it sounded like he inferred that you were thinking about death in a general way.

Again, what was your question? If you question was about death then it does take a lot of information to predict that and there are potent transits including Pluto.
He was addressing it a very general way.

Backy

Thanks for the replies.

@gemini: I only asked him if it is possible to predict death in astrology, and since he (only) knew that i am born on 23 March 1990, he told me all that stuff. But i think it is true, that it applies to everyone who are born on the same day as me.

Do you think i should just ignore what he wrote, and live my life, after all......life is in my hands, i could die from cancer at some random point, or in a car accident.........or i am wrong?

I don't want to know when i will die.

tsquare

Don't be paranoid.

He didn't write allot of amazing stuff there, it was very generalized.

Doesn't sound to me like you gained anything of use to you from what he wrote other then worry...
so... discard it.

Your an Aries, It's not shocking to me you wouldn't want to know when you were going to die.

Also...
Catastrophizing and astrology don't mix well.
So don't do it.

Last edited:

Backy

Once again, thank you all for your replies :wink:

So, you advice me to live my life, and take care of myself like i didn not read this?

Now i feel much better, thanks

Spectrum

Never allow somebody to exploit your fear of death, it is irresponsible and adds to an enormous amount of distress. This is a point where you can look into this subject fully and gain peace in your own mind. I would google the case of "Swarnlata", a young girl that could accurately recall past lives. She could also speak in a dialect as a kid which she was NEVER taught in her current life and was too young to learn it. But she could remember many things about her life which were confoirmed by her family of previous incarnation such as a layout for her parents shop which had changed after Swarnlata died but she knew the old layout. You may also like to get a book called "20 Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation" which was written by a doctor using scientific methodolgy to determine whether many of these cases are valid. I would encourage you to do this - it may sound "out of the ballpark", but the only way to take back your power from this ******* is to do your research. Once you have done this not only will you be happy about it, it will open many things of oportunity for you. Even if you are just skeptical, like I was it will totally change your life. Try and relax for now. Your world will change to peace of mind. For now just get as much information on Swarnlata off the web and you will get a book full of even more cross matched data done by this doctor. Don't allow anyone to upset you.

Kerrie

The person just misunderstood your question and where you were going with it, he sounds like he was really into predicting death. Think about it... someone asks you a flat question of somethig that you are really into, do you just reply yes or no or do you give them a little more? Its the same thing.

If you dont want to know about death you shouldnt even mix in the same circles... by posting this thread you are again inviting the subject into your mind again.

Backy

Yeah i know :sad:

Well, the only thing i want to know is, if i should ignore what he said, or not, i am a noob for astrology, and i just asked him randomly about it, didnt expect an answer to come.......Like i said, i would like to live my life normally, without knowing these things, but what he wrote to me doesnt sound very reasonable, that is why i asked for an opinion of people who are dealing with astrology.

And in the end, do you think i should just ignore this guy, and live my life like he didnt told me about this, or not?

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Backy,
If the guy didnt even have your birth time, there's no way he could accurately predict your death, as it also involves your ascendant, ascendant ruler and other house rulers, which the astrologer can't know without the time of birth.
Lilly

tikana

Hey

Okay this happend to me... i was told that i was going to kill someone by age 16 or something and will be convicted .. i was like 12-13 when my mom dragged me to see her friend who was practicing astrologer. She didnt even know my birthtime.. neither does my mom.. i am 34 .. i havent killed anyone yet not planning on killing anyone else even though i do believe in less people - more oxygen! so forget the non-sense prediction.. besides it is unethical to forecast someone's death IMO...

Mark Twain predicted his own death but he wasnt predicting someone else's .. same thing with Nostradamus, he predicted his own death.
on failed attempts... there was a guy in india who predicted his own death the date and the minute... the cops were sitting his his house for a few days waiting trying to prove that the guy is wrong and prevent him from taking his own life. the dude is still kicking!

T

Niplan

Banned
Well, Predicting death is a tradational method, that means is only uses the classical 7 planets.

If they were talking about pluto being your killing planet then they obviously weren't doing it right. or dying from pluto etc. etc.

Kerrie

Backy,
If the guy didnt even have your birth time, there's no way he could accurately predict your death, as it also involves your ascendant, ascendant ruler and other house rulers, which the astrologer can't know without the time of birth.
Lilly
I agree Backy people need to know BIRTH TIME to make any decent prediction. So I wouldnt worry one bit! Go back to learning the good things in astrology... have a look at relational astrology its fun :love:!

waybread

Backy, it is people like this "guy over the Internet" who give astrology a bad name. Just ignore him.

Personally I do not believe that astrologers can predict the time or manner of death.

Traditional astrologers believe they can: this was a big concern of astrologers in the past. However, as some have pointed out on this thread, you need an accurate birth time to use their methods. Even so, if you look up traditional methods of death prediction, there are about half a dozen, and they are all different, such that they give different results. When traditional astrology came under attack in the early modern period, it was often because some very famous astrologers predicted someone's death incorrectly.

Few reputable modern astrologers even get into this business. Oftentimes in a chart for a moment of death [which can be taken from a death certificate] you will see some significant transit going on--but then these are different for different people. There is no "one size fits all."

Beyond the question of whether a skilled astrologer can predict the time and manner of death is the question of whether s/he should do that. I would say no, simply because of the serious ethical issues involved. Badly frightening vulnerable people through astrology is not ethical.

I went through transiting Pluto square my sun a while back. It was a difficult time in my life, but I had no intention of committing suicide, and I certainly didn't die. If you think about it--if we allow a narrow 5-degree orb for the sun, on either side, then each year there are 20 days every year for babies to be born with Pluto square sun--so they have this aspect ongoingly. Double this number if we include the conjunction or opposition. If these contacts routinely produced suicide, the life insurance agencies would have been all over this one by now.

So hopefully now you can relax and enjoy the many fun dimensions of astrology!

Last edited:
I do think some of his thoughts are interesting and he has noticed some similarities. However, many people born around the time of Marilyn Monroe or Elvis Presley share similar aspects and did not die. You always take this into consideration. I started a thread a while ago about astrologer C.E.O Carter predicting his own death, I think it was in one of his books and he predicted correctly. And I am sure he probably used more technical aspects with his birth chart. If you use only a birth date, many people will be popping off at the same time. We have had astrologers on here claiming they are skilled in predicting death. One forum member, I can't remember who it was, called them on it. They said something like “I have an accurate chart here, with date of death, can you prove this technique works”, the astrologer claiming to predict death did not rise to the challenge. Although 79 is a good age, I would like to live that long. I don’t think he has done you any real harm. I read your thread last night and started thinking about my own death, see the paranoia this talks creates. My Nan dropped dead at 60 with a heart attack, my father dropped dead at 42 of a heart attack and I have two malefic planets (Mars and Saturn) on my natal Sun (heart). I was beginning to develop the same sweet tooth as my father and eating too many fats. I am cutting that down now. I looked at my father’s death chart without birth time.

• Transiting :jupiter: was conjunct :sun:in :aquarius:
  • Transiting :jupiter: in :aquarius: square his natal :saturn: in :scorpio:
  • Transiting :saturn: in :aries: conjunct :mars: in :aries:
  • Transiting :saturn: square :jupiter:
  • Transiting :uranus: conjunct :sun: in :aquarius:
  • Transiting :pluto: square :mercury:
The chart shows some tense energy all over that year; my transits for this year concerning Jupiter over Sun and opposite Saturn mirror his. I don’t think my aspects are enough to kill me, mine are not as intense or fixed, and who knows when the grim reaper will come knocking. Death will always hold fear, and some people can't wait to be released. The cords that bind your spirit are finally cut, and your free from your earth body. I for one, want to live a long life and see my child grow up. Anyway, enough of this morbid talk and the ticking time bomb in my chest. You never know your time, we are all allotted so much time on earth, and one individual drops dead at 20 and another individual reaches the grand old age of 100. Life and death is not fair, and everyone thought my mother would die first because she was always ill, and it was my father that took us by surprise. We joke now, saying our mother will outlive us all. I would ignore all the death predictions, it only spreads fear, I went to bed last night worrying about my demise. The hands on the clock sounded much louder. I am quite morbid by nature/with spiritual beliefs and my own death doesn't scare me, I just don't want to leave my child without a mother. We will all die on this forum, and the astrologer, we just don't know when. I wish the astrolger told me 79, I would be happy :biggrin:.

Last edited:

Backy

Yeah, i feel better now thanks a lot :biggrin:

Do you even believe that this guy knows anything about astrology? As the way he told me this, all people born on the same day (and year) as me would have identical fate, and would all die on 79 *if nothing kills them earlier*.

Yeah i will just ignore it, there are things that we should look after, like watch out not to overdrive, or watch out for our health........i think we could all die every day in fact. A car may hit you, and that could be enough.

79 is a good age of course, but i dont want want to know that of course, that is why i asked for an opinion. What would be the purpose of life if we all knew when we were going to die. We shouldnt worry about other normal things that we worry usually, like i said about the car hitting you, developing cancer in the meantime, etc....

Or i am mistaken?

Last edited:
Ha ha :biggrin:. I was morbid today; maybe a brief transit was affecting my mood this morning. No, not all people will have the same fate. We all have different ascendants/house positions and souls. I think it's freaky when someone has a massive accident and survives, and another may trip on a kerb, hit their head. They think they are OK, and then die later on. I wonder about those charts too. Life isn't fair, some people have drawn out illnesses that are painful, and others live a healthy life and pass away in their sleep. I would like the sleep option if I could choose. I don't even know if the 8th house significator works (sleepy :neptune: rules my 8th house). I would prefer a nice peaceful death, and everybody better bawl their eyes out at my funeral and not be fighting over a will; that happened on my mother's side of the family.

Liz Greene did an interesting article on Diana's chart and how all the different types of astrologers interpreted her 8th house planet/s, related to the terrible accident. No astrologer, to my knowledge, predicted Princess Diana's death. There is plenty of accurate data on celebrities. Astrologers, who claim to know our final hour, could use celebrities to prove their knowledge. I haven’t seen astrologers in the present day predict death; it isn't practiced much in our time. In traditional times you died young anyway, and we didn't have much medical intervention back then.

On the futuristic film Gattica when a baby is born they test the baby and give the year of death and genetic predisposition to illness. They tried to engineer the perfect human race, and anyone flawed genetically, didn't have a promising future in that film. Of course this is different in many ways; I still don't think its right for anyone to predict time of death, or even predisposition to illness. I am not sure how much we can prevent to be honest. Healthy eating habits, exercise can help, but you could be healthy and full of vitality and killed by accident or even murder. How much can we ward off serious illness, especially if they are genetic? I think even limited knowledge can be dangerous in others hands, even astrologers.

Here is a philosophical question, what if someone discovered a reliable way of predicting death using Astrology. It was fool proof, and had been thoroughly tested. Would you use the technique on your own chart? I would be tempted to do it, and then I know I would totally regret it if I did. I look at charts after death, but I don't try and predict it. This individual obviously has limited knowledge anyway, and next time he predicts death, someone should warn him about his unethical application of astrology. These astrologers do more damage than good, and I hope he isn't peddling his predictions out like this all the time.

Last edited:

Backy

Oh, just one more thing (being curious).

Is he right about his own case, i mean on this part:

"I have predicted my own death on my 80th birthday when several planets will conjunct my sun, including Pluto"