I'm a little scared of my Saturn Square Mercury transit

I have a Saturn Square Mercury transit happening at the same time as a Mercury Opposition Neptune transit.

I'm a Virgo with a Gemini Ascendant so I'm highly mercurial in nature. should I be worried?

The Mercury opposition Neptune has been in effect already the past 2 years and I've had virtually no access to my concious thoughts, it's like going through each day in a huge fog.

Has anyone experienced a Saturn Square Mercury before?

Catia

I have a Saturn Square Mercury transit happening at the same time as a Mercury Opposition Neptune transit.

I'm a Virgo with a Gemini Ascendant so I'm highly mercurial in nature. should I be worried?

The Mercury opposition Neptune has been in effect already the past 2 years and I've had virtually no access to my concious thoughts, it's like going through each day in a huge fog.

Hi. I have similar placements to yours (Sun/ASC in Virgo and Moon in Gemini) so Mercury is also very strong in my chart.

I went through Saturn square Mercury some years ago. What I remember from this period is that I felt restricted and limited. Just before the transit started I moved back to my home city. My social life suffered as I realized that me and some of my previous friends had drifted apart. I changed university and had to catch up a little bit so I had a lot of exams to pass. There was a lot of studying and not many occasions for socializing and having fun…
Contrary to tr Saturn conjunct Mercury (which I had later), this transit didn’t affect the way I communicated or my way of thinking. Actually, for me it was a very similar transit to Saturn square Sun.

Don’t be too afraid of this transit. It might not be the most pleasant one but it is by no means the worst...I now perceive this time as a period of preparations, focused effort and planning for the future which was necessary.
I think there is a chance that Saturn can mitigate your Neptune opposition Mercury transit. Neptune in opposition to Mercury might be indeed quite problematic if you need to be focused. Saturn is very different from Neptune, the energies are a bit contradictory. Saturn always puts me back in touch with reality and requires taking a realistic approach. Neptune does the contrary.

spock

Grant Lewi's Astrology for the Millions, unmatched for its transit descriptions, has this:

SATURN TRANSITS UPPER OR LOWER SQUARE OR OPPOSITION YOUR MERCURY

Deepens mental processes, provides concentrative powers for deep study and thought. . . . Loss of self-esteem likely — the thought that you're no good becomes acute. Keeping your mind on things outside yourself helps. Study, reading, writing, excellent . . . Face the facts [emphasis in original] . . . Escapism leads into bad nervous tangles. Good aspect to have while in school or college . . . Coming later when you're out in the "cold, cold world," it indicates a period when you can return to the student state to good advantage . . .

#################################################

Although it's not necessarily true for everyone, my own Saturn/Mercury transits have been very positive. For most people they aren't that noticeable, being at most periods of mild depression. It leads to sobriety of thought, and often doubts about existing beliefs, which for most people can be kind of a downer. It's a particularly good transit for researchers, who aren't bothered by and in fact find their creativity enhanced by the doubts that tend to accompany this transit.

Kannon

Harvestlion,

No, you shouldn't be worried. Deal with it constructively, proactively. If you stay scared you cannot be in charge and will only be reactive, which is a recipe for making this worse not better.

If you are experiencing foggy brain that long, there is a physical cause. Get to it and take care of it. Planets don't do that 'to us' through some distant mystery mechanism. They are energetic principles that work through material mechanisms in/around the body.

I have experienced numerous Saturn square natal Mercury transits. The principle is this: You must let go of thinking patterns or patterns of communication in relation to others that are impairing you with negativity, cynicism and doubt. It may be this is coming from within yourself, not necessarily from others' words. But be sure. Say goodbye to anything/anyone that is inserting doubt/negativity into your mindset.

Another principle is that this is a period in which our ignorance gets exposed. We develop problems that require us to learn through conscious effort so that we can solve a problem that we initially do not even understand well enough to properly define.

Also, identify any possible physical toxins/environmental factors that may be contributing to/causing your brain fog. These things do not develop in a vacuum. If you have Mercury amalgam fillings in your teeth, make sure they are not breaking down. There are indicators for that. Consider possible lead and/or aluminum poisoning. Throw out any cooking vessels made of aluminum. Make sure you are not getting poisoned by your home's water supply. Put a filter on your tap. Airborne toxins are possible too, but look at all possible sources. Get help with this. Your brain fog will not allow you to do it all yourself and be effective.

In other words, do not wait trying to 'figure out' what this is within astrological analysis. Take decisive practical steps now in being proactive. You will not know the answer(s) at first, but taking charge and getting help will get you closer and closer.

Hey everyone,

I thought i'd let you guys know how its been going since getting through the Saturn Square Mercury transit.

I got extremely unwell psychologically during February 2013, I was taken into hospital for psychosis and delusion. It all started with Saturn Square Neptune at the end of January '13

Since then i've been placed on anti-psychotic medications for delusion although my only real symptom has been a complete fogginess of thought which my psychiatrist called 'thought blocking'. Its like walking around in a daze, forgetting things, I couldn't remember anyones name, street number, telephone nothing.

It was around the start of 2014 that I began to look into my astral transits and noticed that I was smack bang in the middle of a Neptune Opposition Mercury transit.

According to Cafe Astrology this transit end in March 2016 (next month), at this present time I am yet to have a single image/thought in my head for 3 years.

Once I'm through the transit I will update you.

HL.

Lin

You didn't tell us about the Saturn square Neptune in your original post.

You get incomplete information if you don't post your chart WITH the current transits.
LIN

Doodleloo

What do you value more, an answer or your privacy? We need to see the entire chart in order to see the whole picture. "A little information is dangerous."