Outer planets

holly

I know this is kind of a beginner question and is one that probably gets discussed a lot, but how important are the outer planets in the natal chart?

I ask because the only fire in my chart is Uranus in Sagittarius. I’m feeling bad about my chart being bogged down in water and earth. I wish I had more fire, so I hope that Uranus does have some influence on my personality. I know it won’t make me a Sagittarius (nothing could counter my overbearing Capricorn nature) but at least a little bit of optimism and joviality would brighten up my life.

All interpretations I read say that Uranus affects a generation, not an individual person. I’m afraid that probably IS the case. A whole bunch of astrologers can’t be wrong…can they?

So my questions:

1. Does Uranus in Sag count as having some fire in my chart? Does it have any influence on ME, personally, what so ever?

2. Apart from being a chart ruler, what would make an Outer planet stand out in importance in a natal chart?

3. Do you take outer planets into account when you look at a natal chart, or do you ignore them and work only with the personal planets?

StarrySkies

Hi, Holly,
No questions are "beginner" questions. :) I'd say Uranus in Sag would constitute as some fire but not as much as when they are personal planets. But you shouldn't feel bad about your chart's make-up! I have mostly earth, water, and fire and no air, and didn't like all my Capricornic influences at first. But I've since then come to terms with it and sometimes forget they're there. :D Outer planets are indeed generational in their effects, but if they make any aspects to your personal planets or rest on an angle (Ascendant, MC, Nadir, Descendant), they're definitely prominent. For example, I have a Capricorn Moon tightly conjunct Uranus and Neptune so I can be quite spontaneous, erratic, and somewhat unusual when it comes to my emotions. From my experience, I can't say whether outer planets will have a pesonal experience or not. They all make aspects with one or two of my personal planets, even Pluto (which is conjunct my Mars :p). As a general rule, I give personal planets more attention but if outer planets aspect these or the angles, then they are worth noticing in the chart.

Belgianmoonguy

holly said:
I know this is kind of a beginner question and is one that probably gets discussed a lot, but how important are the outer planets in the natal chart?
holly said:
I ask because the only fire in my chart is Uranus in Sagittarius. I’m feeling bad about my chart being bogged down in water and earth. I wish I had more fire, so I hope that Uranus does have some influence on my personality. I know it won’t make me a Sagittarius (nothing could counter my overbearing Capricorn nature) but at least a little bit of optimism and joviality would brighten up my life.

All interpretations I read say that Uranus affects a generation, not an individual person. I’m afraid that probably IS the case. A whole bunch of astrologers can’t be wrong…can they?

So my questions:

1. Does Uranus in Sag count as having some fire in my chart? Does it have any influence on ME, personally, what so ever?

2. Apart from being a chart ruler, what would make an Outer planet stand out in importance in a natal chart?

3. Do you take outer planets into account when you look at a natal chart, or do you ignore them and work only with the personal planets?

Uranus in Sag is also my only fire (if you don't count the Sun/ Moon midpoint in Leo), Jupiter in Aqua is also my only air (if you don't count Midheaven, Cheiron and Eros in Gemini and Juno in Libra)...

5 planets in water (and South Node), 3 planets in Earth (and North Node, conjunct Venus in Taurus)

And to top it off, i'm a guy, boy... whatever...
So 8 planets and nodes in female signs, 2 planets and an angle (Midheaven) in masculine signs...

Few fire, yes i'm depression prone from time to time... i lack creativity, trust on guts and fighting energy from time to time, but i know there are times i'm abundant of it... (If it's one thing i learned from being a Cancer, i konw i am moody and emotional as hell, i learned coping with it, going with the flow and try to make my negative moments so short as possible and try to make them positive)

Don't you have an Angle in fire (Asc/ Dc/ Mc/ Ic)? Don't you have planets in a fire house (1/5/9. I have Venus in 9 personally, it helps, say some astrologers)

And work with Dwads...
Like my Sun is CanceR/ Cancer/ Leo
My Moon is Virgo/ Taurus/ Leo, so both in the Leo Dwad, a fire sign... some say the dwads are powerful enough to help a lack of fire, i wouldn't go so far, but it could work...

Outer Planets
The personal planets, and the angles are the most important, so as the aspects they make... Some aspects involve outer planets...
I have a Sun opposition Neptune and a Sun trine Pluto, boy, they do work out...

If Uranus aspects your angles or personal planets, he has more influence then a generational planet normally would have

Grtz
BMG