Trying this again....Moving question :)

L.C.

Alright, I'm ready to take another stab at this question. I asked one previously about moving from *California*, but I actually meant moving from *Los Angeles*. This time I've asked this question more directly, and have drawn up a chart.

What I see:

I am Jupiter, and I am sitting pretty in my 10th house of career. Jupiter is ruler of this house (Sagittarius is on the cusp), and makes good aspects to both Venus and Saturn in the 6th house of everyday work and health. Looks good so far! I'm also going to go out on a limb here, and say that Saturn is also co-ruler of the 10th house in this chart, as Jupiter is in Capricorn?

Now, I'm assuming 4th house represents the home, of course. 4th house is totally empty, but the 4th house ruler, Mercury (Gemini on cusp), is conjunct Venus and in a wider conjunct to Saturn. Looks like "moving the home" is actually in progress, and will be more "exact" when Mercury finally is in exact conjunct with Saturn? I'm counting 7 degrees between the two of them, so would that be 7 weeks? 7 days? (I'm not counting "months" as the question I'm asking deals with only this year, and we haven't 7 months left!)

This is the part where I get lost. :D Moon looks to be in bad aspect to both Venus and Saturn in the 6th house. I'm not sure these two planets are a major factor in this chart, but I'm assuming that stressful aspects to the overall "mood" of the chart is not a good thing?

If I were to really break down my observations into a more basic reading, I'd say that "Yes, I am moving from L.A. this year, and it will be for work. It will happen in the next 1-2 months."

How'd I do? :D

p.s. does the Sun play a role in this chart? And I'd also love to hear what Saturn and Venus mean here.

Thank You!

Attachments

• will_leave_LA_this_year.gif
    will_leave_LA_this_year.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 33

starlink

Hi L.C., it is still not really clear, the question I mean. How did you pose your question exactly. Is is something like: Will I move away from LA? You wrote:
I'm not sure these two planets are a major factor in this chart,
and that is exactly what I want to know! so I also would like some backgroung information which is always extremely important in horary and maybe we will then know if these two are important or not.Why are you moving, is it a family move, is it because of business, is it because you dont like it where you live now, anything please.
Than I can help you and see what I can find.

Cheers, Starlink

Last edited:

L.C.

Woops! I think I took my image file name for granted, and figured it was understood!

The question is:

"Will I move away from L.A. this year?"

Background information on my situation: L.A. is my hometown. I lived here my first 18 years, but moved away for college. I've lived in 2 other major cities before returning 2 years ago to L.A.

The day after my birthday, I got a call from my building manager, saying that I must leave the building by December 1st, because she is moving her mother in from out of the country. Mind you, this is the first time I've ever *had* to move, so I added a little significance to it. Seemed like an omen to me!

I'm not particularly fond of Los Angeles, and it's been tough for me to socialize here. The people I hit it off with tend to move away--back to the city I'd just moved *from*, mind you. That city being San Francisco, where I have a vast supply of friends and work connections.

A former co-worker of mine, from a job we shared in Los Angeles, recently moved up there. We had a little 'crush' on each other, but nothing ever happened. Lately, she's been urging me to apply for a position at the company she works for in SF. In the past few weeks, my good friends from up north have been 'coincidentally' reaching out to me. I've been getting work from connections up north.

So it seems like up north is beckoning me! I know ultimately it's up to me what I end up doing, but I just wanted to post a Horary anyway. ;)

With this back story in mind, what do you think?

starlink

Thank you, thank you!! Now we can give it a go!

First thing I see is that this looks like fate to me. The Nodes are in the same degree as the Sun, the heart of the chart as some call it. But the SouthNode is conjunct that Sun which rules the 6th of work or illness, mmmm.... that is not so fortunate, but OK, Sun itself does not rule any house we need here so I just look at Sun as a fateful chart.

Right, you are Jupiter in the 10th, thinking about your career. Good lord, I just did another chart almost exactly like this one. You guys must have asked your questions almost simultaneously, funny!
Aries is intercepted in your 1st house, so you are also represented by Mars who is VOC actually but will square Pluto before leaving his own sign into a new beginning. Pluto might signify the sudden throwing out of your place as Pluto opposes your 4th house. It could also show something turbulent in your recent job b.t.w!! Mars and Jupiter do not get together in aspect.

You are also the Moon, nicely placed in the 9th house in term of Mercury. Mercury shows movement. Also the angles are in movable signs and Uranus and Pluto both are very prominent. These two planets, I must tell you, are not used in horary astrology, nor Neptune (in the 16th century they had not heard of them yet and also could not see them). So I only use them as indicators and then also pay only attention to them when they are angular and Wow, are they ever. Uranus stays for change, Pluto for a total transformation process in the career.

Now, lets say you move north, than that would be quite a long distance move and we should look at the 9th house for further info. This house is ruled by Jupiter as well. So you and the (maybe) new job and the (maybe) new place you could go to are all ruled by the same sign. This to me is strong testimony of you leaving for "the north"!
Jupiter is also retrograde which could show that you could go back to where you were before.
So all in all, it does look like you could go back, probably to San Francisco.

There could be some stumble blocks on the way though because the Moon on its way through Sagittarius will have to pass a square with that prominent Uranus (sudden unexpected things), then Mars and the Ascendant before she leaves her sign and her last aspect will be a conjunction with Pluto who is showing some sort of upheaval. The square to Mars I dont like very much.

But Moon is allowed a large orb of 12° and I think that the trine to Mercury at 1° Capricorn after she leaves her sign, could still be counted in. Also the Moon will then be in her own night triplicity of Capricorn.(this is a night chart). Thank God for that because otherwise Moon will be in detriment in Capricorn, maybe showing that you are not going to be só happy in the end.....This then would show you and the new job getting together.

It is possible that you could get 2 different job offers. Your 7th house shows the next job and that house is ruled by Mercury and also Venus (intercepted sign Libra). Both rulers are in your 6th house of service orientated work. and Mercury will conjunct Venus. Should it be one job, then there is something dualistic about it, like having two different branches or something.

For Mercury or Venus to make the trine to you, (Jupiter,) they both have to stumble over Saturn. This shows delays in getting the new job, probably bureaucratic stuff as Saturn represents officials and authority. Saturn is in term of Venus, the other part of the 7th house new job. Wonder what that means.

Lets see what will happen and please do keep me posted, otherwise I will never know if I did right or wrong:) Thanks!

STarlink.

Last edited:

L.C.

Starlink, it's very generous of you to help me like this! Please know that I totally appreciate your insights.

I just want to pinpoint a few portions of your reply, for the sake of clarity. :)

First thing I see is that this looks like fate to me. The Nodes are in the same degree as the Sun, the heart of the chart as some call it. But the SouthNode is conjunct that Sun which rules the 6th of work or illness, mmmm.... that is not so fortunate, but OK, Sun itself does not rule any house we need here so I just look at Sun as a fateful chart.

If the Sun is conjunct South Node, does this indicate a "going back" in the more negative sense, instead of "moving forward" toward the North Node? I'm wondering if "going back" to San Francisco indicates some lessons I still need to learn there, or, is it the 'wrong' kind of revisiting that entails being stuck in the past. What I'm getting at is, I need some more clarity on why Sun conjunct South Node would be unfortunate :)

It could also show something turbulent in your recent job b.t.w!!

I wouldn't say my current job is turbulent, but it is definitely very very busy here, and I don't get the pay I think I deserve. But that's another story. :D

It is possible that you could get 2 different job offers. Your 7th house shows the next job and that house is ruled by Mercury and also Venus (intercepted sign Libra). Both rulers are in your 6th house of service orientated work. and Mercury will conjunct Venus. Should it be one job, then there is something dualistic about it, like having two different branches or something.

Funny you should say this. I am contracting at my current job, but I know that an offer is imminent. The *other* job offer, which isn't quite an offer just yet, would be up North.

The idea of "two branches" is interesting. I work as a digital artist, so I wonder how that would branch into something else...lately I've been doing more managing and directing, so maybe that's what it means? Hmmm.

Saturn is in term of Venus, the other part of the 7th house new job. Wonder what that means.

You've got me wondering as well! What does Venus typically stand for, in a chart of this nature?

I will definitely keep you posted with my job/home situation, but my main questions and concerns revolve around the Sun conjunct South Node you described above.

Thanks again, Starlink! I'm learning more and more every time I discuss this with you.

Best,

L.C.

starlink

Sorry for answering you so late on this L.C. I seem to have gotten about 25 notifications in my SPAM department!!! Very weird because ALL notifications start with Astrologers community,,,, so I dont understand why some are being put into my in-box and others go to spam.

About the South Node. This is actually a rule which William Lilly has figured out if I am not mistaken. It is one of those things that I have just adopted without wondering why. The South Node is usually, also in natal astrology, connected with karma, with something dark and secret. So maybe that is meant by the bad influence of the SN with any planet. The NN does the opposite and shows the future, not the dark past. Therefore it is lucky in horary. That is really all I can tell you about it. It is one of the rules, just like one of them is that a too early or too late Ascendant has to fall withing the first 3 degrees. Why not in the first 5°? some of those rules I also cannot explain. Maybe the traditional astrologers amongst us (ask Astro Teacher, he is very traditional) know what it really means.

What does Venus typically stand for, in a chart of this nature
Venus in any chart, not only a chart of this nature, stands for money and relationships traditionally, as the signs ruled by it are Taurus and Libra.

So if Saturn falls in the term of Venus, then that means that Saturn likes Venus. Now, your 11th and 12th houses are ruled by Saturn. So maybe a friend likes that other job as well? Something brings a friend or friends, 12th house of hidden things and that Libra job together. So friends could find you this job that is sort of an isolated type of job maybe? 12th house is isolation. Or one of the friends is a bit obscure or secretive about a job? You have to juggle a bit usually.

Hope this helps.
Cheers, Starlink

L.C.

Hi starlink,

No worries on the response time! And thank you for answering my questions.

Turns out your analysis was correct--a bit of 'red tape' right now, and some delays on both ends. One job, the one I'm at right now, is offering me a raise and possible profit sharing. The other one is offering a higher salary. Should be an interesting choice after the interview on Tuesday!

Regarding the 11th/12th house in this chart: I have a friend there who is getting me this job, and she definitely has something she wants to share with me about the position. Should find out more about that tonight. I don't know how isolated the job itself will be...maybe a little less communal than the one I have now, since where I currently work is smaller, more intimate and collaborative?

I'll fill you in later with the results. I am still a bit torn as to what the right move will be. The idea of potential profit sharing is very intriguing, but I'd like to leave this city sometime!

Thanks again!

LC

L.C.

Starlink,

I just wanted to give you an update on this situation. I received a very good offer from a company in SF, and it looks like they are making the time for me to move up. I start in 2 months time. There were a few hurdles, as you stated above, and there were 2 offers--one from my current company, and one from the company in San Francisco.

The SF job is the better offer. :) Looks like they've even made room for my schedule, and are allowing me to start in a timely manner.

Thanks again!

starlink

Hé L.C. Congratulations!! and thank you soooo much for the update! That is super. I now can print this question of yours out, also my answer and your comments and put it in my "horary cases" file.
I wish you all the success you wish for in your new job!
Cheers, Starlink

L.C.

Starlink,

I have yet another update for you, in regards to this issue. You're not going to believe this one!

So, as you know, I got the job in SF. We agreed upon a start date in the first week of November. I found an apartment in a good area about a month ago, and I drove up last October 15th. Before I reached the city, they called me to let me know that due to the economic crisis, the job position was pulled and I was S.O.L. !

So, I'm up here now with a 1 year lease, looking for contract work. Pretty crazy, huh? I talked to some other astrology pals, and they think it's totally tied to the Pluto transit forcing me to re-assess my values. I'm just going to ride this out without much of a fuss. But I do plan on getting reimbursed for damages and moving up costs.

LC