unbalanced chart, different systems

d3xtre

Hi all,
First post here.
I have a pretty unbalanced western astrology chart, my planets are mostly either in air or earth signs. No fire, no water.

I'm a novice at astrology but I find that whilst I experience life and learn more about myself my situation changes. And changes on the outside and inside usually happen together.

So in the spirit of learning more about myself..

I would like to know that if I try other systems I would get a more balanced chart. What system do you recommend?

thelivingsky

There is nothing wrong with having a dominance of certain elements in a chart. Now that you know what your strengths and weaknesses are, you can , if you wish, work on cultivating the qualities that are less dominant.

It would be vey interesting to see your chart. Usually a heavy air/earth chart would be a person who is an empiricist relying on abstract thinking and the information from his senses primarily as he/she relates to life. Not someone who would likely be readily open to astrology or other spiritual or metaphysical ideas. But perhaps you have prominent 9th or 12th house? or Uranus or Neptune aspecting your Mercury strongly or there is a heavy Aquarian influence.

Two excellent resources on the elements are Astrology, Psychology and the Four Element by Stephen Arroya and Relating by Liz Greene. Both discuss how a predominance or lack of an element will manifest.

Barb at thelivingSky.wordpress.com

d3xtre

Hi livingsky, thanks for replying!

Yep that sounds like me. I do have a few planets in the 9th house like you said and 3 planets in Aquarius.

Thanks for the resources, will check them out.

I've added my chart too :)

Attachments

• astro_245gw_01_jon_bel_2015617.25744.28729.gif
    astro_245gw_01_jon_bel_2015617.25744.28729.gif
    57.3 KB · Views: 33

swanswings

Jon,

As you learn more about astrology, you will discover that there are more perspectives than just the tropical zodiac that is used in western astrology. The sidereal zodiac is used in Hindu/Vedic astrology; and the draconic zodiac, extensively studied by the Australian Academy of Astrology, seems to have been used in Babylonian astrology.

Imagine that you are walking into a garden. In front of you there is a hydrangea bush with blue flowers. This is the first time you have seen a hydrangea, and you form an instant opinion about hydrangea and blue flowers. If you turn around and leave the garden, you will have formed a belief about hydrangea.

Perhaps, you continue your walk, and on the other side of the hydrangea, you find pink as well as white flowers. By exploring farther, you have a broader perspective.

Looking at your chart from just the tropical zodiac, you see zero planets in fire, and you form an opinion.

Go back to astro.com and in Extended Chart Selection, find Options. Click on House system and choose “whole signs." For Zodiac, choose Hindu/Lahiri. Click on “always use True Node” and “show Descending Node.” Then generate your chart.

Now you have Mars, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and the Moon’s South Node in Fire.
Now you have a chart that is 38% cardinal (action-oriented, ambitious, independent, dislike being bossed), 31% fixed (persevering, determined, persistent), and 31% mutable (flexible, changeable, adaptable).

In this chart, from the sidereal perspective, there are zero planets in water.

Tropical says zero fire.
Sidereal says zero water.

Back to Extended Chart Selection, go to Zodiac and choose “draconic.” This time you discover that the chart is 13% Fire, 13% Earth, 44% Air, 30% Water.

What you are discovering is that the more open-minded you remain, the more you will be able to learn.

Furthermore, the essence of the chart is to be found in the way in which the planets are connected, i.e., the aspects between the planets. For example, your Ascendant forms a trine (a harmonious aspect of 120°) with Uranus. This combination suggests that variety is important to you. You have a magnetic personality, and other people are attracted to your unconventionality and unique take on things. Your outlooks are modern and progressive (Uranus rules Aquarius in modern astrology); you value your freedom and independence; and you do not like being stuck in any situation or place for very long.

Your Ascendant is sextile (a harmonious aspect of 60°) the Moon’s North Node suggesting the ability to get along well with others and to be tuned into the needs of others. A friendly and adaptable attitude which can bring a number of friends.

Of course, you have been to Chinese restaurants, so you know your Chinese zodiac animal is Earth Snake. Better than anyone else, you can get whatever you fancy, at your own pace, with your own methods. (A bit of a reminder of the Uranus/Ascendant combination.)

Expanding your mind another notch, with the Myanmar zodiac of Burmese astrology, Tuskless Elephant is the symbol for 15 February, 1989 at 12:30 PM. Again, the Uranus/Asc connection shows because the Tuskless Elephant person is someone intelligent, unconventional, and independent, with excellent reasoning and language ability.

Welcome to the variegated world of astrology.

With an open mind and open heart, you can learn much and share much.

Blessings be,

Steven

.allblock_box_v1{border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:#ff5500;}

d3xtre

Thanks Steven that was very informative. Draconic astrology sounds really interesting, I had not heard of that one before.

"We have concluded that the Draconic chart can be categorised as karmic, spiritual and unconscious, with possible connections to reincarnation. It pinpoints those we draw close to us in our lifetimes, to resolve unconscious issues , which in turn connects to our state of physical and emotional health. It speaks less of free will than the basic natal chart."

(from http://www.astrologycosmobiology.com.au/articles/tutorial/draconic-chart.html)

Very interesting because I have recently adopted a philosophy that free will does not exist. As our actions are based on our current understandings we have concluded from data from our environment. In essence, life develops us.

Thanks again, I shall be reading more into these astrology perspectives.

Cheers,
Jon

swanswings

FREE WILL aka CHOICE

You made the choice to reply to a posted comment; hence, you exercised free will.

Neither genetics nor environment nor conditioning nor programming forced you to react, reply, and and respond. You made a choice.

Best wishes
.allblock_box_v1{border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:#ff5500;}