Pluto in our lives

Blackempress

I happen to find this planet intriguing & despite reading bout it in signs/houses would love to know the real presentations in our lives.
Mine in the 8th house in Libra, gives me natural transformative-psychoanalytical powers. It makes me a healer too But I have yet to see it's absolute presentation in my life ahead! :biggrin: It also sextiles my MC so I would like to be an important person (eventually). :whistling:
Lastly being in 8th & Libra I get into power struggles with partners but since I'm single, can't comment on that much either.

Love to hear your pluto experiences!

Lin

I think that Pluto is very personal in every chart even though it's an "outer" or "transpersonal" planet.... which i feel is a very misleading term.

It's especially personal when it's in the 1st, 2nd, 7th or 8th houses. AND especially so if conjunct another planet, as it does with your Jupiter (and add to THAT the fact that Jupiter is itself ruled by Pluto.)

Everything about your Pluto is very big and very personal and often secretive (being in Scorpio's house.) Your motivations are often subliminal, preprogrammed or caused by early trauma. So I can understand why you would be very interested in this.
But I am not sure another person's experience can actually help YOU. After all, a chart is like a fingerprint so my experiences with Pluto would be different from yours, even if I had it in the same house.

You need to deeply study your 8th house and all connected to it. Just follow the clues.
LIN

MaeMae

Banned
I love Pluto. Its primary value in my life is the will to survive, despite Neptune's disconcern.

pluto in virgo in 2nd conjunct n. node
~ square moon gemini
~opposite chiron/sn conjunction pisces
~quinx sun

Pluto is strong in my chart in not~so~subtle ways, but with the high dosage of neptune in my chart (square sun, square asc, square merc;
venus pisces, chiron/s. node pisces;
prog sun, prog merc pisces,
imagine the horror....
pluto is ALWAYS there for me to question, dig, penetrate and expose my inner truths. i may be dissatisfied in life, but pluto will never allow me to dummy down and pretend i don't know what i'm feeling, nor to cover it up and pretend it doesn't exist.
i lived the majority of my 51 years deluding myself in the pisces way ~ but when i gave in to pluto and recognized his value to my emotional and physical survival, everything changed.
one should never engage in a p*issing match with pluto. pluto will always win.

Last edited:

Blackempress

I love Pluto. It's primary value in my life is the will to survive, despite Neptune's disconcern.

pluto in virgo in 2nd conjunct n. node
~ square moon gemini
~opposite chiron/sn conjunction pisces
~quinx sun

I always find the sun-pluto personalities very intriguing. With opp Chiron that gives you healing abilities as well right? Ty!

I think that Pluto is very personal in every chart even though it's an "outer" or "transpersonal" planet.... which i feel is a very misleading term.

It's especially personal when it's in the 1st, 2nd, 7th or 8th houses. AND especially so if conjunct another planet, as it does with your Jupiter (and add to THAT the fact that Jupiter is itself ruled by Pluto.)

Everything about your Pluto is very big and very personal and often secretive (being in Scorpio's house.) Your motivations are often subliminal, preprogrammed or caused by early trauma. So I can understand why you would be very interested in this.
But I am not sure another person's experience can actually help YOU. After all, a chart is like a fingerprint so my experiences with Pluto would be different from yours, even if I had it in the same house.

You need to deeply study your 8th house and all connected to it. Just follow the clues.
LIN

Thank you for the personal response. I realised that Pluto plays an important role in self-healing no matter where it lies. I personally find alot of energy associated with it that we can harness if we can delve into the subconscious & make it conscious. I am interested in the presentations of pluto in various charts. I love discussions (Mercury 3rd & pluto iteself) & really enjoy the stories behind the charts. (That must be my 7th Libra) So if you feel upto sharing please do! I always love hearing it! :biggrin:

*emma*

Banned
Pluto is the mystery you will never find the answer to unless you go into deep therapy

Its best left alone IMO to do its thing.

eta:

Pluto conjunct Asc and NN, sextile Mars

Last edited:

lazarusx

It's definitely an interesting planet.

For me, it's the most aspected planet in my chart.

- Trine Sun
- Trine Chiron
- Trine MC
- Square Venus
- Square Mars
- Sextile Neptune
- Sextile Saturn

It's also part of a grand trine and in it's ruling sign of Scorpio. It's currently transiting through my 8th house in conjunct with Neptune/Saturn and in opposition to Sun/Chiron.

Corinthians 15:31 "I die daily"

This verse from the Bible is the simplest expression of my experience with the transformational properties of Pluto through the great dissolution of self. I find myself often using poetry and metaphor and a means of expressing pluto's qualities because at the fundamental level everything is paradoxical, the depth is so wide that simplicity becomes the greatest method of expression, which is why i really enjoy Zen koans. :cool:

I will say im excited to see how i end up on the other side of this transit of pluto through my 8th house, life is ultra-intense at the moment.. and the process of 'letting go' is taking on an extreme manner. I'm heading overseas in a couple of weeks on my own to travel around.. indefinitely or until i run out of money. And it only occurred to me recently.. this is so typical of my attitude with this transit to simply cut all ties/let go of everything and jump in the deep end.

:tongue:

R4VEN

Blackempress, I find your experience of Pluto - and your asking this question - to be in a way related to your Pluto being in Libra. As I have observed it, the Pluto in Libra generation seem much more attuned to Pluto's `work' than we Pluto in Leo's.....................but I digress.

What I am trying to say is that with Pluto-Sun conjunct in my 7th house, I have experienced extreme levels of control/power-powerlessness in all my relationships from birth onwards. Heck, even my birth was induced, and forceps dragged me out of the birth canal. My birth message was: "Others have control over your life." I feel that it has taken me all of my 63 years to reach a stage where these `others' no longer have control over me (which they did cos I let them!)

I always believed that Saturn was the most influential planet in my chart, but I'd have to give the nod to Pluto. It is the most persistent - the one that won't let me fake my way through my life. It is relentless - until we accept its message.

I can now honestly say that I love Pluto. Pluto's transit if my 12th house has been personally transformative. Parts of me - which I thought I'd never have a chance of expressing - have been revealed to me as being dormant, not dead.

Blackempress

Blackempress, I find your experience of Pluto - and your asking this question - to be in a way related to your Pluto being in Libra. As I have observed it, the Pluto in Libra generation seem much more attuned to Pluto's `work' than we Pluto in Leo's.....................but I digress.

What I am trying to say is that with Pluto-Sun conjunct in my 7th house, I have experienced extreme levels of control/power-powerlessness in all my relationships from birth onwards. Heck, even my birth was induced, and forceps dragged me out of the birth canal. My birth message was: "Others have control over your life." I feel that it has taken me all of my 63 years to reach a stage where these `others' no longer have control over me (which they did cos I let them!)

I always believed that Saturn was the most influential planet in my chart, but I'd have to give the nod to Pluto. It is the most persistent - the one that won't let me fake my way through my life. It is relentless - until we accept its message.

I can now honestly say that I love Pluto. Pluto's transit if my 12th house has been personally transformative. Parts of me - which I thought I'd never have a chance of expressing - have been revealed to me as being dormant, not dead.

You always bring me a new insight! :love: It might be my Libran concern to learn through others how they experience it, indeed. I wouldn't have minded the details on Pluto in Leo either. :wink:

Wow! That DOES sound 'intense'! Pluto I personally feel buries a great deal of wealth & if we learn it's power & how it controls us, we can get the better off it! I have Pluto fall into 7th with placidus but No-way, I am anything but that. My obsession with death is a hallmark of 8th! But it's interesting to learn how it manifested for you & your winning battle over it!
Thanks for your great addition!

pluto is ALWAYS there for me to question, dig, penetrate and expose my inner truths. i may be dissatisfied in life, but pluto will never allow me to dummy down and pretend i don't know what i'm feeling, nor to cover it up and pretend it doesn't exist.
i lived the majority of my 51 years deluding myself in the pisces way ~ but when i gave in to pluto and recognized his value to my emotional and physical survival, everything changed.
one should never engage in a p*issing match with pluto. pluto will always win.

I so agree with this! Now when I'm beginning to understand astrology do I find how Plutonian my life has been. I never studied Psychology but can do psychotherapy better than any professional I've met. For me I Guess to start this post, it's my own obsession with al 8th house matters due to the Saturn transit! I really am fanatically in love with 8th house & pluto!! :bandit:

It's definitely an interesting planet.

For me, it's the most aspected planet in my chart.

- Trine Sun
- Trine Chiron
- Trine MC
- Square Venus
- Square Mars
- Sextile Neptune
- Sextile Saturn

It's also part of a grand trine and in it's ruling sign of Scorpio. It's currently transiting through my 8th house in conjunct with Neptune/Saturn and in opposition to Sun/Chiron.

Corinthians 15:31 "I die daily"

This verse from the Bible is the simplest expression of my experience with the transformational properties of Pluto through the great dissolution of self. I find myself often using poetry and metaphor and a means of expressing pluto's qualities because at the fundamental level everything is paradoxical, the depth is so wide that simplicity becomes the greatest method of expression, which is why i really enjoy Zen koans. :cool:

I will say im excited to see how i end up on the other side of this transit of pluto through my 8th house, life is ultra-intense at the moment.. and the process of 'letting go' is taking on an extreme manner. I'm heading overseas in a couple of weeks on my own to travel around.. indefinitely or until i run out of money. And it only occurred to me recently.. this is so typical of my attitude with this transit to simply cut all ties/let go of everything and jump in the deep end.

:tongue:

WOW! That's the first word I uttered seeing the list of aspects. You must have an intense life or at least feel it that way. What did the Trines do for you especially vocationally? I would love to ask about the sun trine too, but that's upto you to discuss public/Pvt. :)

R4VEN

Blackempress said:
I wouldn't have minded the details on Pluto in Leo either.
Just my take on it...............

The Pluto in Leo generation have often been referred to as the `Me Generation', which is quite true for many, but is mainly because there are so many of us, since the baby boom took place in the 15 or so years after the end of WW2 in 1945.

The sign Pluto is in gives some insight into how a generation will approach/handle the requirement for transformation/death of the self (not physical death) Leo is fixed fire, so Pluto in Leo does not like to transform unless it wants to!!! There is a strong `hanging on' feature to Pluto in Leo, due to Leo's fixed nature, but also due to being afraid of the possible outcomes of transformation. I was dragged kicking and screaming through my Pluto square Sun transit back in the late 80's. There was no way I was going to give in to it.............but of course, Pluto `knew', and I knew nothing!

Blackempress

Just my take on it...............

The Pluto in Leo generation have often been referred to as the `Me Generation', which is quite true for many, but is mainly because there are so many of us, since the baby boom took place in the 15 or so years after the end of WW2 in 1945.

The sign Pluto is in gives some insight into how a generation will approach/handle the requirement for transformation/death of the self (not physical death) Leo is fixed fire, so Pluto in Leo does not like to transform unless it wants to!!! There is a strong `hanging on' feature to Pluto in Leo, due to Leo's fixed nature, but also due to being afraid of the possible outcomes of transformation. I was dragged kicking and screaming through my Pluto square Sun transit back in the late 80's. There was no way I was going to give in to it.............but of course, Pluto `knew', and I knew nothing!

Ah! Makes sense! So it's natural to assume that some of the other signs would also kick & scream when the transformation would be needed (the natal elements of course also affect the overall features ) like P in Virgo or Capricorn. Interesting having to compare that to scorpion Pluto fixed but the real transformers!

Neptune Rising

I have Pluto in Libra about 4 degrees away from MC, on the 9th house side. Its trine Mercury/Venus in Aquarius. Venus rules my MC/5th/6th, Mercury rules my 7th/9th. Pluto also sextiles my Ascendant/Neptune/North Node. After all that, I teach yoga for a vocation. People say how my voice helps them to feel calm, which may help to heal them. I do have the ability to make people listen when I want to, that's the power of the Mercury/Pluto trine, when I was younger I didn't always have control of that power, but now I use it to help people through the teaching, or just in life in general. I hope, I am able to use the transformative power of Pluto/Venus/Mercury in helping others, and myself, find balance (Pluto/Libra) through deep introspection (yoga and just in general).

Love life is another matter (Venus/Pluto), never simple! I am learning not to explode/destroy (Pluto) my relationships, but rather, to bring the transformation to an inner level and transform myself through them.

Blackempress

I have Pluto in Libra about 4 degrees away from MC, on the 9th house side. Its trine Mercury/Venus in Aquarius. Venus rules my MC/5th/6th, Mercury rules my 7th/9th. Pluto also sextiles my Ascendant/Neptune/North Node. After all that, I teach yoga for a vocation. People say how my voice helps them to feel calm, which may help to heal them. I do have the ability to make people listen when I want to, that's the power of the Mercury/Pluto trine, when I was younger I didn't always have control of that power, but now I use it to help people through the teaching, or just in life in general. I hope, I am able to use the transformative power of Pluto/Venus/Mercury in helping others, and myself, find balance (Pluto/Libra) through deep introspection (yoga and just in general).

Love life is another matter (Venus/Pluto), never simple! I am learning not to explode/destroy (Pluto) my relationships, but rather, to bring the transformation to an inner level and transform myself through them.

This is a new addition to my learning of heavy plutonian influence. I've usually seen it with people who are into psychotherapy & counselling. I imagine you would naturally do those with the healing. And gotta hand it to you for balancing the power of Pluto unlike many of us! Bravo!
Really nice!! :cool:

Carris

...I have experienced extreme levels of control/power-powerlessness in ..... It is the most persistent - the one that won't let me fake my way through my life. It is relentless - until we accept its message.
I can identify with that - My pluto's in libra in 4th and I have experienced "extreme levels of control/power-powerlessness" with my parents and home life. My parents can be "drama queens" and very controlling - especially my dad. Its something I only realized in my twenties, looking back.

Neptune Rising

This is a new addition to my learning of heavy plutonian influence. I've usually seen it with people who are into psychotherapy & counselling. I imagine you would naturally do those with the healing. And gotta hand it to you for balancing the power of Pluto unlike many of us! Bravo!
Really nice!! :cool:

Yes, I also studied Psychology and Counselling about a decade ago for 2 years. :tongue: This comes in handy when teaching yoga and meditation, just to look beyond the surface reactions that people have to the yoga/meditation, to help discover the underlying root of their reactions (and my own reactions so we all learn something about ourselves), so they can 'let go' (Pluto) and relax. :)

MJ82

Pluto is in the 8th in my chart (at critical degree) and in a stellium in the 8th (all in Libra). I also have a number of pluto aspects, and I am realising just how strong pluto's energies (and the 8th house) are in my life.

It has taken a pluto transit squaring my stellium in this house to begin the journey of delving deep into all of my issues and habits, psychological, emotional and sexual, and I feel like I am on an at once unsettling and profound journey of self-discovery and unearthing. I have no idea exactly how or who I will be at the end of it, but it is both radical and liberating at the same time. I digress...

I find that given the nature of my 8th (stellium there) and the fact it is libra (venus) ruled, relationships of the deepest kind repeatedly shake me (and change me) to the core, which can bring the highest highs and the lowest lows.

Libra can be an unstable place (sign) to have pluto in and such energies working through, but ultimately challenges us to radically rethink our relationships to others and most crucially to ourselves. Pluto in the 8th is all about power, among other things, and I see it as a call to grow into one's power (self-empowerment) as opposed to overpowering others.

Pluto/8th tranformation is an intense process and one that can strip you down utterly before you are capable of getting back up. But I am grateful for these profound avenues of growth.

R4VEN

This is a new addition to my learning of heavy plutonian influence. I've usually seen it with people who are into psychotherapy & counselling.
I raise my hand here also - I gained an educational counselling qualification around 20 years ago. I was drawn to it very powerfully.

MJ82 said:
It has taken a pluto transit squaring my stellium in this house to begin the journey of delving deep into all of my issues and habits, psychological, emotional and sexual, and I feel like I am on an at once unsettling and profound journey of self-discovery and unearthing. I have no idea exactly how or who I will be at the end of it, but it is both radical and liberating at the same time.
Most of my issues have been of an hereditary/past life nature (my natal Pluto in Leo squares my nodal axis, and my moon's north node is in the 4th, so I have a need to clear my heredity before I can just get on with it.) One of the `issues' from the heredity which seems to be harder to shift is a history and expectation of loss.........(south node in Scorpio) This is very powerfully interwoven into the history of my own family, as well as the heredity of both my parents.

MaeMae

Banned
I raise my hand here also - I gained an educational counselling qualification around 20 years ago. I was drawn to it very powerfully.

Most of my issues have been of an hereditary/past life nature (my natal Pluto in Leo squares my nodal axis, and my moon's north node is in the 4th, so I have a need to clear my heredity before I can just get on with it.) One of the `issues' from the heredity which seems to be harder to shift is a history and expectation of loss.........(south node in Scorpio) This is very powerfully interwoven into the history of my own family, as well as the heredity of both my parents.

Raven,
your words ring true to me regarding heredity.
my mother was abandoned by her mother. raised by a grandmother who hated her (my mom).
my mother died, metaphorically, before i was born.
My Hades Moon.
I learned that love, feelings, emotion had to die just to live.
To this day, my mother (83) still tells me she loves me. But all the time I heard it, I somehow knew that she hated me because I reminded her of herself.
Harsh words, actions, neglect and disregard for who I was were the feelings I felt every time I heard her say it.
Not too long ago, in an emotional conversation with her, I confronted her on that and in a rare moment of self~awareness and honesty, she said to me ~
"I had three children, the third of whom died at infancy. When you were born (I'm the 4th) I thought I was given a second chance. I was wrong. You were only a burden to me. I wanted to kill myself when you were born."
It crystallized everything I had grown up feeling.
It was as if I had been born anew when I heard those words.
Finally, everything I had known in my gut had been confirmed.
It was strangely freeing.
Now, when she tells me she loves me, now I tell her "love yourself, then you might love me too, and maybe I will love myself a bit more than I do."
I probably say it for myself more than her, truthfully.
Still a long way to go....

Last edited:

Blackempress

I can identify with that - My pluto's in libra in 4th and I have experienced "extreme levels of control/power-powerlessness" with my parents and home life. My parents can be "drama queens" and very controlling - especially my dad. Its something I only realized in my twenties, looking back.

I think that's the darn pluto in Libra itself as well. I have mine in 8th but I'm resentful even at 30 to be controlled by my parents. I let go of all other relationships but being Cancerian find it hard to let go of my family ties & they over-power me always. :pinched:

Yes, I also studied Psychology and Counselling about a decade ago for 2 years. :)

Not surprised! :biggrin:

Pluto is in the 8th in my chart (at critical degree) and in a stellium in the 8th (all in Libra). I also have a number of pluto aspects, and I am realising just how strong pluto's energies (and the 8th house) are in my life.

It has taken a pluto transit squaring my stellium in this house to begin the journey of delving deep into all of my issues and habits, psychological, emotional and sexual, and I feel like I am on an at once unsettling and profound journey of self-discovery and unearthing. I have no idea exactly how or who I will be at the end of it, but it is both radical and liberating at the same time. I digress...

I find that given the nature of my 8th (stellium there) and the fact it is libra (venus) ruled, relationships of the deepest kind repeatedly shake me (and change me) to the core, which can bring the highest highs and the lowest lows.

Libra can be an unstable place (sign) to have pluto in and such energies working through, but ultimately challenges us to radically rethink our relationships to others and most crucially to ourselves. Pluto in the 8th is all about power, among other things, and I see it as a call to grow into one's power (self-empowerment) as opposed to overpowering others.

Pluto/8th tranformation is an intense process and one that can strip you down utterly before you are capable of getting back up. But I am grateful for these profound avenues of growth.

I can relate to every word of this. In whole signs I have a stellium in 8th in Libra too. You pointed something I hadn't paid attention to, about relationships being powerful transformations. It's very true. I find myself in ways I could never imagine & the other person & my inherent talents pour out beyond anything I could ever imagine. Yet Pluto makes me shirk away from relationships because I tend to obsess over someone & Unfortunately my Neptune makes me a hopeless martyr! :pouty:

I think we can safely keep Psychology with Strong pluto positions I guess. I never got a degree but my psychoanalysis is very accurate. It shocks me alot of times.

Hereditary issues must surely be difficult to resolve. Best of luck for that!

Raven,
your words ring true to me regarding heredity.
my mother was abandoned by her mother. raised by a grandmother who hated her (my mom).
my mother died, metaphorically, before i was born.
My Hades Moon.
I learned that love, feelings, emotion had to die just to live.
To this day, my mother (83) still tells me she loves me. But all the time I heard it, I somehow knew that she hated me because I reminded her of herself.
Harsh words, actions, neglect and disregard for who I was were the feelings I felt every time I heard her say it.
Not too long ago, in an emotional conversation with her, I confronted her on that and in a rare moment of self~awareness and honesty, she said to me ~
"I had three children, the third of whom died at infancy. When you were born (I'm the 4th) I thought I was given a second chance. I was wrong. You were only a burden to me. I wanted to kill myself when you were born."
It crystallized everything I had grown up feeling.
It was as if I had been born anew when I heard those words.
Finally, everything I had known in my gut had been confirmed.
It was strangely freeing.
Now, when she tells me she loves me, now I tell her "love yourself, then you might love me too, and maybe I will love myself a bit more than I do."
I probably say it for myself more than her, truthfully.
Still a long way to go....

Quite a moving story! Wish you well on your journey ahead!!

PisceanPallas

Account Closed

MJ82 I can totally relate to what you are saying here.

I also have Pluto in Libra in the 8th house. My Pluto is conjunct Moon and Venus In Libra.

I am starting to feel the effects of T Pluto square Pluto... AH! I am already experiencing challenges with my relationships, and I know that transformation is required in this area.

I feel like I am just beginning to understand the power of Pluto, and what it really means to me...I believe I have a lot to learn!