Why is astrology true?!?!?!??!?!

kyle8921

After understanding EVERYTHING on my natal birth chart, I've come to realize that it's about 95% accurate. I had Venus in House 1. And guess what? I'm reakin dead sexy, and I'm also narcissistic, just like it's supposed to mean! I was born with Aquarius rising, and sooo many girls have told me that I have beautiul eyes! Why is it so true? Mars was opposing Pluto, and I'm a complete control freak! Saturn was also in Capricorn to help that.

I could go on and on... there's just sooo much that's accurate! WHY?! What makes astrology so true!??!

I heard that on a T-Cross, if you draw the missing leg that would make it a complete cross, whatever house it lands in is supposed to be a stressful area in your life. My other leg is in House 10. House 10 has to do with public status. I almost had a heart attack when I read that, because everyone says that I have a problem me caring about what other's think! I worry too much about my status, just like my astrology said!

I found out that my Moon was in Virgo, which is supposed to make me indecisive about relationships. I've been considering going out with this girl for 2 weeks now... though it's too late. It's that freakishly accurate!?

WHY IS ASTROLOGY TRUE?!?!?! AHHHH!!!!!!!

F

Fogwolf

I agree. I don't understand why astrology works, and if you think about it, it always seems as though it shouldn't. Yet, it keeps throwing things up that, time after time, show that it does. I couldn't believe how accurate my chart was when I saw it, and planetary placements in various houses and signs explained the ways I deviate from my basic sun sign description. For example, I'm an Aquarius, but I'm not extroverted or sociable, really, as they are supposed to be. However, a sun, moon, mercury, jupiter and venus in the twelfth house, as well as a pisces ascendant and pisces moon sign, went a long way to explaining that (along with having other implications that are also very accurate).

kyle8921

Yea that's another thing. Most people only know about their Sun sign. I'm a Pisces/Aquarius... so I shouldn't really be the leader type, but out of all my friends, I'm probably the leader, beacause I had lots of planets that helped balance this out.

Eklipse

Yeah! Same for me: I said to myself "yeah, cancer. I'm not always crying and caring and pouting". Yet my whole chart seems to reveal everything else about me! It is strange that it works, even though it's not logical.
It's like... the stars are there to show us how it is below!

Draco

Hi,

I can relate to what your all saying. Its a shame that so many who know little about astrology think that Sun signs are the be all and end all. I blame the astrology columbs in newspapers and magazines. We get stereotyped by our Sun sign. Before I knew much about astrology, I found it odd that when I read through a 'Sun Sign's' book, I would feel a closer resonance with some other signs than my Sun sign. Pisces for example, was one sign I felt I understood better than Virgo, my Sun. So it was interesting to discover I was Pisces rising, with Neptune conjunct the MC, my Libra stellium also explains the resonance I've always felt with that sign.

kyle8921

Yea me too. I've always felt like a leader... not a trait of Pisces. I have Aquarius rising and my Sun in House 1, so everything balances out!

But seriously... how do the positions of planets affect? I mean, I already believe that they do, but why?

H

heaven star

Me too - Sagittarius, known for lack of tact, which I'm the first to admit that I have, however I've got an aquarius ascendant and a leo moon, so I think it balances my social skills out a bit, compared to other sags I know!

Lapis

One of the astrological lessons that I got rather early on was about how we can't separate our Sun Sign from it's opposite Sign! Nor our Rising/ASC Sign. And you must add to this the Planets that rule each Sign and opposite Sign. Like no matter what sex you are you still carry the opposite sex energies within you at the same time.

Actually we're dealing with 2 Signs and 2 Planets and all that goes along with them both.....like 2 sides of 1 coin. Now do the same with your ASC Sign/Planet and its opposite Sign/Planet and suddenly things make more sense on more levels IMO. I think we carry a ton of the opposite Sign and its ruling Planet in us in these 2 main areas -Sun and ASC.

Psychologically we sometimes back into our opposite Sign and its ruler when we get stressed or confused or uncomfortable etc. But I feel we carry these opposites in us all the time. In some ways its sort of like how we slide back into our South Nodes so easily. I've learned that it makes so much more sense (to me) to look at 6 connected polarities instead of 12 separate signs, planets and houses.

kyle,

It all 'works' because of frequency, energies, harmonics and a bunch of other things I don't know enough about! Before all of us physically incarnate we wait for the planets to move into the exact Signs that will give us the greatest potential to learn specific things our Higher Selves wants us to work on in that lifetime. By using the archetypal planetary energies this way, we create a physical playground for us to learn and develop certain things and qualities throughout each incarnation.

The Signs and Planets 'work' because they are the physical things, bodies that ancient archetypal energies, rays and vibrations come through into 3D reality. They are like giant receivers that then pour out specific energies and frequencies that we humans in turn also manifest. I hope that made some sense and helps a bit.

Draco

Lapis,

Your previous post was of particular relevance to me, because one of the conflicts within myself that I am ever mindful of is my Virgo Sun and my Pisces ascendant, which I believe you have also. My Sun and ascendant are not in aspected opposition, just opposite signs, but this is still enough to put them at odds with each other. Perhaps this is why we are extra aware of the harmony of polarities and the integrating of opposites, maybe it is a characteristic of people with Ascendant and Suns in opposition? My Virgo Sun put my soul on a mission to bring order and efficiency to the world, but this is at odds with my Piscean initial who seeks to wander and to dream. This is heightened by Neptune on the MC.
Somehow I must find a way use intuition and imagination in respect of my centre of being and souls mission that seeks organisation and practicality. In one sense I think that astrology helps me to recocile these opposites.
You mentioned the rulers of opposite signs, and Mercury, ruler of Virgo, I have right in the middle of Libra. I see Mercury being in the middle as the perfected balance of the scale, on one side is Virgo, on the other, Scorpio. The loop of the virgo glyph is a yielding, feminine symbol. The arrow of Scorpio is penetrative and masculine. These are the polarities that hang in the balance. One thing I remebered reading somewhere, is that Libra was a late addition to the zodiac, and the signs of Virgo and Scorpio were known as the female and the male dragon. This instantly reminded me of the Virgo 10 posts! (if you want to know what we're on about see 'Virgo 10' in Sabian Symbols forum). When Libra was added it became a symbol of the balance of the polarities. To emphasise the symbol, I have Venus in Virgo, and Mars in Scorpio.

Kyle,

Astrology works according to a law called synchronicity. Anything that happens at a given moment in time has the qualities of that moment in time. Astrology is a method of reading into any given moment in time to reveal it's latent qualities. We can see the effects of synchronicity but we cannot ascertain how the movements of the planets actually cause them. Some effects are obvious, like the Moons effect upon the tides or the Sun effect upon life in general. The Moon for example, has been found to effect peoples behavior acording to it's phase in many different studies. Women are more likely to give birth around a full Moon and the menstrual cycle has the same 28 day recurrance. Tree trunks are known to very slightly expand when the moon waxes and contract as it wanes. There are a multude of different way that the Moon effects life on Earth, and they are just some physical examples. It may be that the Moon has an emotional and mental pull upon us as well as physically. The other planets which are too distant to effect us much gravitationally, may effect our thoughts and feeling never the less.

Lapis

Draco,

My Sun is in Capricorn (much like your earthy Virgo Sun) with Pisces ASC and I think its our Pisces ascendants that amplify our sensitivity to opposits in general. But I can relate to what you're saying because my North Node is conjunct my ASC (in 1st) in Pisces and so South Node is in Virgo in 7. I too struggle with how comfortable and familiar my Virgo traits are to me, yet try to remain in that N.N. in Pisces. How does one focus on Pisces??? :shock: Unfocus I suppose! Strange business.....

I use Chiron as the ruler for Virgo because to me it just makes SO much more sense for many reasons. Like I was talking about the opposite Signs/Planets, think about this in connection with Virgo/Mercury as polarity to Pisces/Neptune. Now change this energy dynamic to Virgo/CHIRON opposite Pisces/Neptune. Chiron and Neptune just fit together better to me than Mercury/Neptune......but, to each his own.

Try experimenting using Chiron in Libra instead of Mercury (ruling Virgo) and see what this feels like to you. I think you'll be surprised how it answers more questions and lends deeper insights into your natal. Just a thought however. :)

Joseph Astrologer

Human beings are a part of and made up by the energy of the Universe. Why Astrological knowledge is so true is because it is describing energy that exists and whereby its cycles have been 'mapped' and deeply noted by a series of people throughout humanity. When I give Readings to clients, they can not help but agree because I am reflecting back to them energy that composes their daily existence.

When the spark of life from the Great Spirit incarnates, energy is captured in its existence. This human journey involves an inward and outward expression of energetic slices (your Birth Chart, Transits, and Progressions), which are located within just one thread of the cosmic terrain. It is important to note that the energy of the slice you embody is not your possession, but rather it’s the shared energy of your involvement in the Universe. The spark of life enlivens this energy, creating a destined path that makes ‘choice’ an illusion. Humans beings belief in ‘choice’ has resulted in much heartbreak being felt in the world, for many people perceive that this energy they embody is somehow their own and thus attributed to their so called soul’s karmic misdeeds. They rationalise that these misdeeds are now resulting in them suffering in the present. This is a great misconception. Yes there is pain, but this pain is not because you did something bad or good, and nor because you are an evil or saintly person.

Let me clarify this point by saying the astrological energies are here and will continue to be here, whether your unique Birth Chart and consciousness appears or not. The Universe’s energy has natural tensions and natural flows. The ‘tension’ that the Universe contains is not because of an individual’s karmic misdeeds; it is because tension is a natural occurrence. Just as flowing energy is natural. The Great Spirit simply takes on a particular slice of this energy for a lifetime. By all means this does not mean there is an absence of malevolent energies present here on Earth. But when the Great Spirit incarnates, it too takes on energetic slices that for all intent and purposes will be seen by many people as ‘evil’. Yes a person’s astrology may have the qualities of maliciousness and unkindness within it; however at heart they too are just sparks from the Great Spirit as you are. You don’t have to condone their energies, however to judge them by saying they are ‘evil souls’ is actually quite short-sighted. Essentially at the domain of the Great Spirit there is no separateness. Indeed non-dualism is the fundamental quality to the Great Spirit. The fragmentation and creative expression only arrives when it incarnates in a plethora of perceived diversity.

All things in existence have a mixture of astrological energies. Not just human beings, but all living things. The Great Spirit, which you are part of, embodies your Birth Chart, giving you a feeling of ‘I, me & myself’. However, at the source you actually have no separate self or soul. So when the no-self incarnates it is actually also taking on a destined path of events and energies that will unfold whether your consciousness likes it or not. This mind-boggling pattern is not meant to be seen or understood by many people. The select groups of people that do see these patterns unfolding through the matrix of existence (who by the way only have this ability because of the Birth Chart the Great Spirit in them embodies), will be in a contentious position to try and explain to people why ‘choice’ is an illusion and destiny/fate is unfolding. I know there are readers, Astrologers and spiritual teachers who would like to think and ‘teach’ that there is free will, choice, and karmic consequences. But I would say with great respect that this is a limited view, which has been turned into a ‘positive thinking’ commodity and selfish ‘right’ in modern-day society.

Having said this there is nothing stopping one from prescribing to the illusion of choice and believing that it is not an illusion. The reason is that it really doesn’t matter at the end of the day. For inevitabilities of fate will unfold according to the matrix of birth charts on Earth and elsewhere in the cosmos, with physical death being one of these transitional points. The path of destiny may seem at first as though it restricts freedom by ‘locking’ one into a fate. Yet this is an uninformed view for destiny is a much more liberating view of existence than the consequentialist justification of free will which places responsibility and blame on peoples consciousness. The feeling of liberation through the path of destiny only comes when one goes high enough to view their Birth Chart from a place, which is as close to the no-self domain of the Great Spirit as possible.

To put earthly ‘existence’ in perspective, humanity as a whole is contained within just one thread of an infinite dance. The intertwined energetic nature of what I call the Fabric of Being orchestrates this dance, with the Great Spirit as its non-judgemental source. The Great Spirit’s slice of this thread is seen in your Astrological Birth Chart, not to mention the other ‘charts’ that shift and progress for your lifetime. Essentially, to go through the centre of your Chart is to arrive upon the infinite. It’s to go backwards to a place of consciousness beyond the womb. This way some of you with daily awareness will reach the Great Spirit, and then return to the ‘market place’ of existence. This is one powerful revelation that comes through the esoteric sojourn of knowing one’s Astrology. Upon your return you will not be so consumed by the energies of the ‘market place’ (including your own), that you forget why the Great Spirit in you came in the first place. For you will be clearer as to what you are here to share and exchange with humanity. It is true then on many levels and in many directions that we leave in order to return.

fifteen

I've picked up some theories about why it works, one of them is really far out and has to do with Neutrino's/Quantum physics.

At any moment there is a certain amount of neutrino's that fly through the solar system and hit us every instant, 65 billion per second on every square inch to be accurate. These come from the Sun and due to the position of the planets they will be influenced by gravity at that exact moment in time. These neutrino's are neutral and carry no charge. The neutrino's that hit you, have gone through planets/bodies before it hits your DNA and then changes the properties of what it encountered through it's journey. When you are born, the amount of neutrinos that is hitting your DNA will influence the way it will turn out, in a way that it carries the properties of the planets that it has passed through before it hits our DNA. I think this theory is used in the Matrix theory, or Human Design.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Only problem is that neutrinos are so small that they very very very rarely hit anything, and when they do it something far far far smaller than DNA molecules. The impact from neutrinos is not it.