Astrology and suicide

S

sabaku_no_GAARA

Your astrological sign not only effects the likelihood of you committing suicide, it also effects the way you choose to do it!

Suicide is a tragic reaction to stress, pressure, anger, depression and sometimes mental illness. Why one person faced with a set of circumstances will chose to end their life when another person faced with a similar situation will not even consider it, can often be explained by the personality traits and characteristics of the people involved (amongst other factors of course). Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of Astrology knows that the sign a person is born under will influence their personality, creativity, intelligence, success etc.

An extensive study examining 60,000 unnatural deaths revealed that a person's astrological sign not only effects the way they live, it also influences the way they might die. Looking at suicide in particular (as one of more than 10 methods of unnatural deaths reviewed), there is a clear connection between the method used and the probability of killing oneself and the star sign involved.

If you do have a knowledge of Astrology, I imagine that you are already forming conclusions in your head regarding the sign most likely to commit suicide, and how they would do it.

In order to give a clear picture of Astrological sign and suicide, four methods were examined in detail. In drug overdoses, Capricorn and Leo were the equal leaders with Scorpio being the sign least likely to commit suicide in this way. Pisces is the sign most likely to die from suicide by hanging, with Scorpio the least likely again. Carbon Monoxide poisoning (usually in a car) is the method most often chosen by a Taurus, with Sagittarius least likely to choose this way to commit suicide. The final method of killing oneself examined in this study was death by gunshot, with Virgos being ranked first, and Scorpios coming last again.

The signs that ranked first in the above causes can be examined in greater detail, with conclusions being drawn from the traits (negative and positive) of each sign. For example: Pisces, a deeply contemplative water sign given to intense fantasizing may struggle to cope with reality. Add that to a high level of vulnerability many Pisces suffer from and a certain flair for the dramatic and it is not hard to explain why Pisces scores first in hanging. Scorpio is the sign least likely to die an unnatural death from any cause, but is the most likely sign to cause the death of another person.

By knowing how your sign ranks in unnatural deaths and in suicide in particular, you can be better prepared to seek help if you need it, observing your weaknesses and recognizing your strengths.

For more information on the links between unnatural death and Astrological sign, please go to www.rovanus.com

Cosmiccradle

Your astrological sign not only effects the likelihood of you committing suicide, it also effects the way you choose to do it!

Suicide is a tragic reaction to stress, pressure, anger, depression and sometimes mental illness. Why one person faced with a set of circumstances will chose to end their life when another person faced with a similar situation will not even consider it, can often be explained by the personality traits and characteristics of the people involved (amongst other factors of course). Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of Astrology knows that the sign a person is born under will influence their personality, creativity, intelligence, success etc.

An extensive study examining 60,000 unnatural deaths revealed that a person's astrological sign not only effects the way they live, it also influences the way they might die. Looking at suicide in particular (as one of more than 10 methods of unnatural deaths reviewed), there is a clear connection between the method used and the probability of killing oneself and the star sign involved.

If you do have a knowledge of Astrology, I imagine that you are already forming conclusions in your head regarding the sign most likely to commit suicide, and how they would do it.

In order to give a clear picture of Astrological sign and suicide, four methods were examined in detail. In drug overdoses, Capricorn and Leo were the equal leaders with Scorpio being the sign least likely to commit suicide in this way. Pisces is the sign most likely to die from suicide by hanging, with Scorpio the least likely again. Carbon Monoxide poisoning (usually in a car) is the method most often chosen by a Taurus, with Sagittarius least likely to choose this way to commit suicide. The final method of killing oneself examined in this study was death by gunshot, with Virgos being ranked first, and Scorpios coming last again.

The signs that ranked first in the above causes can be examined in greater detail, with conclusions being drawn from the traits (negative and positive) of each sign. For example: Pisces, a deeply contemplative water sign given to intense fantasizing may struggle to cope with reality. Add that to a high level of vulnerability many Pisces suffer from and a certain flair for the dramatic and it is not hard to explain why Pisces scores first in hanging. Scorpio is the sign least likely to die an unnatural death from any cause, but is the most likely sign to cause the death of another person.

By knowing how your sign ranks in unnatural deaths and in suicide in particular, you can be better prepared to seek help if you need it, observing your weaknesses and recognizing your strengths.

For more information on the links between unnatural death and Astrological sign, please go to www.rovanus.com

Both death and suicide are questionable branches of astrology, as is the branch of sexual assault. The works I've read about them to be able to chart them in advance and thereby avoiding them are in my opinion based on too much hindsight and the evidence is inconclusive. Not only that the chances that people start to live a "self fulfilling prophecy" is something that must be taken into consideration when reviewing these branches of astrology.

Also too many variables exsist within each person/chart, for some the process that leads to suicide can take years, for others a single event can trigger it, for one it's based on emotions, the other a chemical inbalance. Seeing that all suicides vary, so would the astrological insight in each chart, which leads to the conclusion...that no hard rule can be laid down as to suicidal points or patterns within the chart. Would you be willing to tell someone that their Pluto con. Uranus in the 8th could lead to suicide or an attempt?

Last edited:
I'm with you cosmic, I think it's unethical and immoral to give out this sort of information, even if it's possible, which I'm not convinced it is. Same goes for predicting 'death' to. I don't feel there is a hard and fast rule but others on here may well disagree with us..

We do have a good search feature on AW, bit like google with keywords for OP further research

Last edited:

dr. farr

While I (at least in my personal experience) "know" that the approximate time of an increased likelihood of death (including suicide) can be determined (by an advanced astrological adept), I fully agree with Cosmiccradle and Astrologer50 that it is unethical to give out such information-certainly in any public forum, and oftentimes even in private, unless the recipient of such information happens to be a spiritually advanced, well balanced individual with mature insights regarding such issues.

Claire19

I'm with you cosmic, I think it's unethical and immoral to give out this sort of information, even if it's possible, which I'm not convinced it is. Same goes for predicting 'death' to. I don't feel there is a hard and fast rule but others on here may well disagree with us..

We do have a good search feature on AW, bit like google with keywords for OP further research
Hear Hear!! I am strongly against any predictions for death and there are many scenarios. I am glad you agree it is unethical and actually immoral.

Cosmiccradle

While I (at least in my personal experience) "know" that the approximate time of an increased likelihood of death (including suicide) can be determined (by an advanced astrological adept), I fully agree with Cosmiccradle and Astrologer50 that it is unethical to give out such information-certainly in any public forum, and oftentimes even in private, unless the recipient of such information happens to be a spiritually advanced, well balanced individual with mature insights regarding such issues.

Even if we do posses the insight and technique the best we can do is support that person by pointing the way to the proper institutions and people with the impending difficult times we predict. All those wrestling with these types of problems are rarely stable enough to tackle the problem or recieved information. At best we can check by carefully asking if certain found points in the chart play a roll in their lives, and in recieving a positive answer suggest the above.

All astrologers should be required to sign an ethics contract to ensure a professional approach to all charts and information found therein.

Claire19

Even if we do posses the insight and technique the best we can do is support that person by pointing the way to the proper institutions and people with the impending difficult times we predict. All those wrestling with these types of problems are rarely stable enough to tackle the problem or recieved information. At best we can check by carefully asking if certain found points in the chart play a roll in their lives, and in recieving a positive answer suggest the above.

All astrologers should be required to sign an ethics contract to ensure a professional approach to all charts and information found therein.
I agree about the ethics contract and we have them here in Australia. An oath like the Hippocratic medicine oath...

THere are various points in our lives when we may exit and seeing the aspects for imminent death often seem compellling but then it doesnt happen. Sometimes there are flowing and easy aspects for a death and sometimes not. It depends on the state of mind of the person at time of passing over and their physical condition too. Many things.

I have been suicidal and I could cite the aspects for that but I dont want to go there.....

Cosmiccradle

I agree about the ethics contract and we have them here in Australia. An oath like the Hippocratic medicine oath...

THere are various points in our lives when we may exit and seeing the aspects for imminent death often seem compellling but then it doesnt happen. Sometimes there are flowing and easy aspects for a death and sometimes not. It depends on the state of mind of the person at time of passing over and their physical condition too. Many things.

I have been suicidal and I could cite the aspects for that but I dont want to go there.....

To everything I agree, I also have seen harmonious situations in the chart during unharmonious times.

Here in Holland in most schools one must also sign such an agreement, and even if one does not because so many are self taught it is common sense, respect and insight that must prefail when interperting and passing on information.

Cosmiccradle

Dear sabaku_no_GAARA, I've attempted to have a look behind the site (http://www.rovanus.com/) for its motivation and to see who did the research and the author of the work. In all cases I come up empty handed. I would be greatful if you had any information as to who did the research and who wrote the work. And what type of company rovanus is.