General medical interpretation

Summery Joy

Hello everyone,

I'd never really paid attention to the medical forum before until I had a few posts here myself. Browsing through, I see that medical astrology is a big subject of which many of our forum members are well informed.

Here's what I'd like. If you have time, just take a look at my natal chart and give me some general insights. If you find a potential problem, please bring it to my attention. I actually have a few specific questions to ask, but I'm at work right now and .. well .. my boss could walk in any minute now :D

My natal chart can be found at http://www.geocities.com/sorehearted/natal.gif

If you like to construct your own charts, my data is as follows;

15 August 1979
Cairo, Egypt 30n03, 31e15
12:30 am (GMT+3 Daylight saving's time on)
ASC Gemini 0:59

Thanks in advance.

Frisiangal

Hi Sorehearted,
If I was you and with the transiting T-square in the fixed signs affecting my natal T-square from the 4th,6th and 10th houses , I wouldn't be concerned for my health but for my 6th house job and a boss who trusts me to continue working when he is not around:p.

If you've been reading the health threads, you must have picked up some ideas as to how medical astrology works. You have a working knowledge of astrology. Instead of seeking insights, why not look into your chart and form your own that will enable you to deal with any facets of character that you are not too happy about. Better to do it whilst young, to prevent a physical complaint arising when older......Ah! My Utopian dream:) .

F.

Summery Joy

Frisiangal said:
Hi Sorehearted,
If I was you and with the transiting T-square in the fixed signs affecting my natal T-square from the 4th,6th and 10th houses , I wouldn't be concerned for my health but for my 6th house job and a boss who trusts me to continue working when he is not around:p.
Oh my God, this is so happening to me right now!!!!

Frisiangal said:
If you've been reading the health threads, you must have picked up some ideas as to how medical astrology works. You have a working knowledge of astrology. Instead of seeking insights, why not look into your chart and form your own that will enable you to deal with any facets of character that you are not too happy about. Better to do it whilst young, to prevent a physical complaint arising when older......Ah! My Utopian dream:) .
Well, I keep reading about medical astrology and I'm getting more and more confused. So many overlapping rulerships, and I don't know where to begin, so I thought maybe I'd do what I did when I started learning natal astrology. I got a full chart interpretation and used it an example as I studied the basics.

Also, I have always had some medical problems and I wanted to know if they were obvious in my chart :)

Francesca

I know nothing of medical astrology but wanted to comment on the intense fixed aspects in your chart. The moon in Taurus squaring sun,opposing Uranus is quite a combination, with uranus and moon both squaring venus. No wonder you called yourself sorehearted. What a lot of feelings,much of them hidden, and making expression of your love nature difficult at times.. With Uranus in the 6th it's a good thing the moon is in Taurus and not some other sign,because it gives you stability where you otherwise may have had just eccentricity, strong erratic feeling shifts,etc.

Could you have had problems with heart/spine, or repeated urinary track infections? Sudden fevers, broken bones?

Much of your "real life" takes place behind the scenes, out of the public arena-this seems to contradict the picture I have had of you. I wonder why.Why don't you pm Radu and have his opinion? As a doctor and an astrologer, he could probably be of some help.

Summery Joy

Fran, thanks. Yes, you are very accurate.

And yes, I do have heart/spine problems, among other things. But I don't have urinary track infections nor sudden fevers, and I have never broken a bone.

Thanks again.

Elianah

Hi sore,

My suggestion is to first get a grasp on the general rulerships. These are what Jan Spiller, in her book New Moon Astrology lists for each of the signs:

Aries: Acne, eyes, head, scalp, brain, headaches and dizziness.

Taurus: Neck, throat, chin, thyroid (and I'd include the parathyroid) gland, voice and vocal chords.

Gemini: Hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, hay fever, lungs, breathing, nervous system.

Cancer: Breast and chest cavity, pancreas, stomach (including gas and ulcers), and tumors. I'd also throw in the esophogas.

Leo: Back, spine, exaustion, heat exhaustion, heart, inflamations.

Virgo: Bowels, intestines, constipation, diarrhea, digestion, assimilation, solar plexus.

Libra: Adrenal glands, buttocks, diabetes, kidneys.

Scorpio: rectum, colon, bladder, organs of elimination, PMS and menstruation, STDs, sexual organs.

Sagittarius: Hips, liver, sciatica, thighs, upper legs.

Capricorn: Bones, joints, arthritis, rheumatism, gallbader and gallstones, knees, skin, psoriasis and itching.

Aquarius: Ankles, calves, circulation, cramps, spasms, varicose veins.

Pisces: Colds, feet, bunions, corns, lymphatic system, poisoning and toxicity.

Note that this is not an all inclusive list nor do you have to agree with all the placements. For instance, since I know that skin develops from the same stem cells as the nervous system, I don't necessarily agree with it being under Capricorn. That is me, however.

What might also help you to start parsing the intecracies of medical astrology is a good general text on physiology. Once you understand the systems of the body and how they interrelate with one another, you can start making distinctions on what you think are rulerships for a particular system.

For example, the endocrine system has Aries (hypothalmus and pituitary glands), Taurus (thyroid and parathyroid glands), Libra (adrenals) and Scorpio (testes and ovaries) as its major rulers. How do these polarities (Aries-Libra and Taurus-Scorpio) cause the entire system to either stay in or go out of balance?

Hope this helps...

Elianah

Elianah

Hi sore,

Here's a good beginner's text for physiology. You can check on the European versions of Amazon.com for its availability:

The Human Body in Health and Illness by Barbara Herlihy and Nancy K. Maebius published by W.B. Saunders Company.

It is a bit pricey ($45) but well worth it because the information is in layperson's terms and highly accessible.

I use it a lot. I had to purchase it while I was in massage school, but have used it a lot since then, especially for medical astrology.

Elianah

Claire19

For potential health problems we look at the ascendant and its ruler, 6th house ruler and planets and aspects. The sun sign overall. I can almost guarantee you wont get cancer. There is not a bad aspect from Pluto at all also Neptune. I dont take fixed stars and asteroids into consideration, just the planets. You may suffer somewhat from nerves and hopefully you dont smoke. You can suffer stomach upsets when strained and you tend to speak before you think and logic goes out the window when your feelings are hurt and can say things you really dont mean. You can get throat conditions with the Moon in Taurus challenging your Leo Sun and in the 12th. You may at some time experience palpitations but that is more nerves and stress than anything organically wrong. I have the same as you with the sun and moon but remember both those planets are in favourable signs.

Claire

Summery Joy

Claire19 said:
I can almost guarantee you wont get cancer.
Well, I hope you're right about that!

Claire19 said:
You may suffer somewhat from nerves
Oh yes I do!

Claire19 said:
and hopefully you dont smoke
Occasionally..

Claire19 said:
You can suffer stomach upsets when strained
All the time actually!

Claire19 said:
and you tend to speak before you think
Not any more, but I had to overcome it, yes.

Claire19 said:
logic goes out the window when your feelings are hurt
Yup!

Claire19 said:
and [you] can say things you really dont mean
No, never.

Claire19 said:
You can get throat conditions with the Moon in Taurus challenging your Leo Sun and in the 12th.
Right on! I actually have a mild chronic throat thing, and my tonsils are quite sensitive.

Claire19 said:
You may at some time experience palpitations but that is more nerves and stress than anything organically wrong.
They started when my grandpa died almost 4 years ago and never went away. Do you see a way of overcoming it?

Thank you for your insights. There is something however that no one has seen in my chart yet; so I'm gonna tell you what it s, and you tell me if you can see in it in the chart. I was born without the cartilage in my left hip, so basically it didn't work. I had to undergo a series of surgeries before I was 2 years old. I started walking really late in my life, and to this day it's causing spine and other problems.

Last edited: