Saturn in Cancer & Water Retention

Nackie

Hello!

I once read fleetingly, and I can't even remember where anymore, that a saturn in cancer predisposes to water retention. Can anyone confirm this?

My only water planet is my saturn in cancer, only earth is a taurus moon. I suffer terribly from water retention. On a plane for over 4 hours my feet and ankles will swell so much that I can't wear shoes for at least 3 days, and it is a week before they are back to normal. I'm 31 now and have had this problem for as long as I can remember.

Does anyone else have a cancerian saturn, and do you have water retention? What do you do to take care of it?

BR,
Nackie

franklin taylor

Hi Nackie,
What I have read does not directly credit Saturn in Cancer as a marker for water retention. Hard Moon and Saturn, Moon and Neptune aspects indicate water imbalances. I have Moon square Saturn and I have a very low thirst drive and I get dehydrated easily. I literally have to conciously remind myself to drink let alone drink extra if the air is really dry. Its more of a bummer than you might think. The Moon and having a Watersign on the Ascendant is suppose to indicated water retention according to Diane Cramer's "Dictionary of Medical Astrology" where she draws from a great mass of writings. Also since Cancer is ruled by the Moon and is connected to Saturn. Saturn in Cancer would be suspicious for water retention, especially if it was in the sixth house.
Take care
Franklin

Nackie

Hi Franklin,
thanks for the information!

Opposite to you, I am always thirsty, drink at least 3l of water a day, plus coffee, pop, juice or whatever is offered at meals. Basically, I always have soemthing to drink in my hands. (Saturn not letting you get away with not doing your "duty"??)

If I don't drink that much I swell up like a balloon. I watch my salt intake, so I don't think it is that--more of a hormonal thing.

Perhaps the WHAT in cancer shows how one reacts to water in the body? Planets in line with (agreeable) to cancer have no problems, planets not agreeable to cancer have probs with water? Saturn, afaik, is in it's detriment in cancer, is that right?

Thanks again,
Nackie

BorX

Hey Nackie

Saturn in water sign gives water retention, Moon in Taurus can give thyroid disorder that afects the kidney to acumulate extra in the body.

My mother had water retention because she had Saturn in water sign ( Scorpio ).

She cured it by eating honey ( 3 spoons every day, morning, mid-day and evening ). No food containing conservatives ( less E's as posible ), no extra salt, no junk food, eat fresh and healthy food.

If you don't have diabetes problemes or predisposition to it you can begin by trieng eating 2-3 spoons of honey everyday. Honey is got to be natural, not the ones with extra sugar or conservatives ( lots of stores have them ).

franklin taylor

Hello,
I can see that about the planets in Cancer being favorable and planets unfavorable affecting health. I have a conjuncted Mars (detriment) and Jupiter (Exalted) in Cancer. I also have Venus nearby which Venus in Cancer can indicate Diabetes. Which unfortunately I have caused by a liver disease which my Vertex in Virgo can indicate. Some famous people (americans) I have seen their birth charts have Virgo Vertexs and they have had to have liver replacements. Mine is not for the same reasons. Mine, unlike Larry Hagman's, is non-alcohol related. I wish it were though cause all I'd have to do is quit drinking, and it would resolve itself, but I am not that lucky. So much for all of my trines lol. Venus influences sugar metabolism. I eat very little salt, never have , but I have high blood pressure. Caused by being overmedicated too long when my Dystonia ( I'd say Dystonia is a Uranus rule disease since it has to do with Spasms and the body's electrical system) was active for 10 years. Mars and Jupiter are at odds with one another in Cancer I feel. There all in my sixth house so the influence on health is even more prominate.
Take Care
Franklin

Claire19

Saturn in Cancer doesnt really relate to water retention that would maybe belong to Moon in Cancer, Jupiter there. Saturn takes away not retains rather...

Need to look at your Neptune, any Pisces????? Airflight influences and also the ankle area belong to Aquarius and Uranus. We must look at those also.

Claire

Nackie

My Neptune is rx in 2nd house, in saggie (scorpio on the 2nd house cusp), opposing my sun.

Pisces 5th house, no activity there.

Uranus rx on the AC (1° orb) in libra, sq. Venus, sq. MC

Aqua on 4th house cusp, no activity there.

Thanks!
Nackie

Lapis

Water Signs and Emotions

Hi Nackie and Crew,

I feel like I have to offer my scant personal knowledge about this issue as it's one that I too have had to interpret over the years. I have Pisces Asc so this is a constant issue for me, much like say having a Fire sign rising would produce those particular qualities.

First lets remember what "Water" represents and then place those things in the body/bodies and some things start to make a bit more sense. What I've learned about myself is that when I retain emotions I naturally retain water. They're one and the same thing for me. When I allow the emotions to come and go (flow unretricted like water) without my hanging onto them, then the 'water retention' problems are far less of an issue. ;)

So you might experiment with getting really good at allowing those watery emotional and psychic and empathic type of things just flow in/flow out and let um go! Not the most easy thing for lots of Water people but there it is.

On the other hand we have to constantly be aware of how much physical water we intake each day, as has been said already. If I don't drink enough water each day my body seems to hold onto what's in my body. The more water I drink the more this problem balances out, but it can get difficult keeping the tides where they should be! I've wondered about electrolights also but haven't found enough info about them yet.

Frisiangal

Hi Lapis....and anyone,

Nackie's first post mentioned the phenomenon of swelling ankles which is, apparently, a sure sign of water retention. The ankles are ruled by Aquarius. If Saturn is indicative of water retention, would this mean that in such cases it is working through its (traditional) rulership of the sign? What would be the psychological explanation of water retention in the ankles, as per Aquarius?

I have Aquarius on my 6th house cusp. My ankle is my 'weak' point; I'm always 'going through' the right one, as a result of a bad sprain about 10 years ago when, in 4" stiletto heels (!!), I ran after a woman who tried to steal my handbag. Got the bag but also the sprain.:D Have trouble with water retention after standing or walking for a long time. Cold water nathing eases it. I have Saturn in an out of sign applying square to Neptune, both in the air signs. I have difficulty seeing the connection with water retention. I drink a lot of water, 5 cups of coffee and one of tea per day, plus the occasional glass of wine and a non-sweetened long drink of an evening.

I also have this vague notion that if Saturn works through Aquarius, it may have to do with something VERY old...a previous existence?... but not forgotten:D.

Would anyone care to offer any opinions?

F.