Pluto In Leo Generation

Lapis

Breaking News!

We interrupt your life to bring you an important announcement! If you are between the ages of 48 and 67, the sky gods are poised to make you an offer you can't refuse. And for the rest of you—a new, if somewhat less onerous challenge awaits.

On July 16, 2005, at 8:30 am EDT (5:30 am PDT) the planet Saturn departed its residence in the zodiacal sign of Cancer the crab and entered the fiery sign of Leo the lion. Saturn's placement influences attitudes and priorities, both personally and collectively. To appreciate its impact, just reflect on prominent issues during the last two years, while Saturn was transiting Cancer (June 2003-July 2005). Cancer is the guardian of home and family and many of us witnessed dramatic changes in our family structures. On the homefront, low interest rates fueled a massive housing bubble. Emotional stress reached critical proportions, along with a corresponding spike in clinical depression. Above all, security concerns (as in homeland) were tantamount and played out in the political arena. Fear mongering (what color is your alert?) and family values (Cancer-ruled traditional ones) dominated election rhetoric and were largely responsible for the re-instatement of the Bush presidency.

Coming Out

While during Saturn's transit through watery Cancer, many of us tried to hide inside our shells (and seal them with duct tape), with the energy shifting into fiery Leo, get ready to roar. New priorities will emerge and old ones will fade. Fear tactics will no longer inspire. The focus will be on personal fulfillment. Leo's top priorities are self-expression and leadership. Leo is Big and “out there,” the king of beasts, so expect a display of Leo energy in spades—the good, the bad and the ugly. In the political arena, the crisis in leadership will surely escalate. A growing inequity of wealth and privilege amid increasing poverty and a shrinking middle class is in the offing. Government funding for the arts may further shrivel as military adventurism taxes budgets. Eventually, however, with enough consciousness raising, public opinion and outrage should begin to shift the paradigm.

Boomers and More

By far, the greatest impact of this leonine time will be felt by the generation of Americans born in the twenty year period between August 4, 19 38 and August 19, 19 57 . (Note: except for the period from 2/8-6/14/39). These individuals all have the planet Pluto, the provocateur of destiny, natally in the sign of Leo. Most readers will immediately identify this date spread as encompassing the now famous wave of Baby Boomers. What demographers (who are obviously not astrologers) have overlooked is that pre-boomers, historically labeled War Babies, have a lot in common with their more notable cousins. The boomers are actually a sub-generation of the larger group of Pluto in Leos (P/Ls).

Generational Markers

Pluto placements are generational markers because the icy planet, which takes 248 years to orbit the Sun, spends anywhere from 12 to 25 years in a single sign. The irregularity is caused by its elliptical orbit, frequent and lengthy retrogrades. (Pluto slows it progress by going five months backward for every seven months of forward progress.) Saturn's passage through Leo will set up a rolling conjunction that will ripple through the natal Pluto placements of each and every member of the vast and diverse aforementioned generational group. This Saturn/Pluto pairing is symbolic of the meeting of responsibility and power. As Saturn puts the key in the ignition and turns on Pluto's engine, an entire generation begins a rendezvous with destiny. The potential ramifications are enormous, if somewhat unfathomable. Saturn could unlock Pandora's box, or a treasure trove of inestimable value. (Probably some of both.) Additionally, individuals born between August 3, 19 46 and September 19, 19 48 (with Saturn in Leo in their natal charts) will concurrently experience their second Saturn return--a time of coming of age. Indeed, growing up (even growing old), for this youth obsessed generation, is one of the demanding themes of this transit. And, like their Peter Pan archetype, Leos must retrieve their shadows in order to become whole and complete.

A Shared Legacy

There is a definite bottom line quality, a commonality, to all individuals born under the same Pluto sign. The Leo generation's issues reflect all the archetypes of that sign. Ruled by the Sun, Leo perceives itself at the center of the universe, engendering a self-focus and even extreme narcissism in some individuals. Leos have an irrepressible often obsessive need for love and approval. In fact, it was our first boomer President, Bill Clinton, who discovered the power of the poll and manipulated policy by the numbers. Both he and his boomer successor, George Bush, shared the mixed blessing of daily approval ratings.

Karma and Dharma

In olden days, if a king lost approval he often lost his head. The Pluto in Leo generation's past life history as kings and aristocrats has left them with a critical need for karmic balance. Many in this group reincarnated together in former times. They were the arrogant, self-serving, leaders of Atlantis (the continent that sank during the Great Age of Leo, 12,000 years ago), those most responsible for the folly that led to its destruction. They were the pre-revolutionary French aristocracy and the robber barons of the Gilded Age. Today, these elitists find a home in the office of the corporate CEO. P/L's karmic transformation (the ultimate plutonian process) is not possible without the integration of Leo's polarity, Aquarius. Not coincidentally, Aquarius rules the 2000 year Great Age we have just entered. It is the dharma of Pluto in Leos to become the new generation of Aquarian leaders.

Evolving Consciousness

Millions of souls are involved in the unfolding drama of birthing the New Age and not everyone will self express at the same level. In his groundbreaking work, Pluto: the Evolutionary Journey of the Soul (Llewellyn 1985) Astrologer Jeff Greene identifies four natural evolutionary states that determine at what level an individual is operating. Green's classifications are of ancient Indian origin. (The source of his statistics is unknown to this author.) The stages are: 1) Dimly evolved state—2-3% of humanity; very low level of personal awareness. 2) Herd state—75% of humanity; individual identities are an extension of societal norms, beliefs, custom and taboos; mainstream. 3) Individuated state—20%; those who question the norms, beliefs, customs and taboos of society. 4) Spiritual state—2-3%; those who aspire to understand nature, creation, their own lives and the lives of others in a holistic context.

While individuals at the leading edge of consciousness evolution (stage 4) will become the pioneers of the new paradigm, all groups play important roles. Individuals who exhibit the worst excesses mobilize the backlash. Primitive classes, in their karmic roles as victims of the abuse of power, call public attention to the necessity for remediation. Mainstream ranks push the status quo to critical mass, raising consciousness and catalyzing change. Emerging new paradigm thinkers are then able to implement creative solutions.

Cultural Creatives

Contemporary sociologist, Paul Ray, in his book, The Cultural Creatives: How 50 Million People are Changing the World (Harmony 2000) identifies a group that he believes will be the real engine for cultural change in our lifetime. Even the name of this group echoes Pluto (culture) and Leo (creative). Definitively representing Green's individuated state (see above) many Cultural Creatives are poised on the brink, or swelling the ranks, of the 2% of population who are operating in a holistic, transpersonal modality. Saturn's conjunction to Pluto will mobilize this force as never before. Over the next two years many will give birth to new, life-transforming, projects they will spend the rest of their lives nurturing.

Social Consciousness

The “me” generation has spent the greater part of their lives self-actualizing, developing self-awareness, cultivating a broad range of talents and honing skills. This generation is the first to have had the opportunities of widespread higher education, continued prosperity, and relative peace. That dividend is a direct legacy of the Pluto in Cancer generation who are their parents. The Cancerians' karmic mission was to create the secure foundation that allowed their children the luxury of self-exploration. In the post WWII years, Pluto in Cancers built and populated the suburbs and altered the social and cultural landscape of the country.

Now it's time for the Leo generation to give back to society by putting their vast knowledge and resources to work. This is already a visible trend. To wit, NBC aired a segment on the Evening News (June 24, 2005) describing how a growing number of boomers are departing from their former self focus and cultivating an interest in helping their communities. Many are starting non-profit ventures, primarily to assist the poor and elderly. Time magazine ran a cover story (May 16, 2005) on boomer women who are re-inventing themselves at midlife, leaving behind their corporate careers, following their hearts and making a difference. This recent development of social consciousness represents the integration of Aquarian values. Aquarius, Leo's shadow persona, is egalitarian, humanitarian, and community minded. How ironic that the most self-involved members of our culture should be the harbingers of social transformation! We witnessed the precursor to this movement in the ‘60s counter culture--this generation's youthful rebellion. Now, in their maturity and wisdom (we hope), the rebels need to become true reformers, giving their idealism fertile ground in which to take root, grow and blossom.

Our Deepest Fear

Saturn conjunct Pluto, in fire sign Leo, will be heating up the waters. The rolling boil will hit its high-point next summer. Saturn will sequentially conjunct the first wave of Pluto placements (1938-48) in 2005-6 and hit the second wave (1948-58) in 2007. If you are a member of this generation you may be asking “How can I prepare?” As a self-aware individual, you may feel the urge to self-actualize at a greater level. A strong desire to find and pursue your passion may tug at your heart. But don't expect a picnic. Pluto may be the great transformer; it also rules fears and obsessions. In order to move forward into the new, something old must die. In the case of Leo, ruler of the ego, one can expect to undergo a potentially painful process (depending on how one holds on to attachments and resists change) known in psychological lingo as an ego death. Impediments to progress, with which the ego is identified, will come under fire. In the case of Leo, grandiosity, entitlement and approval seeking are prime targets. Remember, this is shadow material—and if you can't see your own shadow, someone will bring you a mirror! Also note: egos can play small, as wonderfully expressed by Marianne Williamson in the opening quotation “Our Deepest Fear.” It rings true—true enough to become a Saturn in Leo mantra.

Destiny Calls

Given a generational commonality, every natal chart differs. House placements and aspects color individual experience. If you are a member of this select generational group, learning about your own natal Pluto (with the guidance of your local astrologer) can help you address the specific issues with which you will be grappling not only during the Saturn transit, but for the rest of your life. These next two years mark the beginning of a sacred journey of transformation, for you and for the world. You are on the brink of discovering the work you were literally born to do. You are being primed to step into your true power. When destiny calls—will you be ready?

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Judith Goldberg, MFA, is a karmic astrologer with a private practice in Baltimore MD. She is a graduate of the Maryland Institute College of Art and of the International Center for Creative Choices. Judith specializes in Right Livelihood career counseling. You may contact her by email.

Reader feedback is welcome. Send an email to the author.

http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0006419.HTM

Thanks to Waterbearer50 I found this article by Karmic Astrologer Judith Goldberg yesterday. Giant thanks to WB50 for this one!

Lapis

Pluto In Leo

After I read that amazing article above about the Pluto in Leo generation, I had a brief and startling expanded consciousness overview. Before I get into that, I should say that back around 1974 I had a similar sort of insight and understanding about the great Ages of Leo (12,600 bc) and its opposite Sign/Age, the Age of Aquarius.....now!

I saw how so many of us incarnate today where also incarnate during the Age of Leo in both Atlantis and Egypt. This is due to unfinished karma, learnings both individual and as a huge ancient 'Group Soul', planetary works, and numerous other things. Large numbers of this old Soul Group had to do with the famed 'Downfall of Atlantis' in the Age of Leo. Talk about the shadow side of Leo - ego and drama beyond comprehension!!!

The vast majority of us incarnate today, who lived back then, are the generation with natal Pluto in Leo! Most of this life I've been able to instantly recognize the reincarnated old Atlantians here now. They just stick out no matter what 'Team' they're playing on today.

For the younger generations, the Pluto in Virgo and Pluto in Libra etc., these still negative 'old Atlantians' are running the planet now. Many of them are our 'government leaders', our military leaders, the money controllers of the planet, the corporate moguls etc. :| But, on the other hand, there is the other half of the Pluto in Leo people who have been for most of these lives, trying since the early 1960's (the Hippies) to bring 'Love' 'Peace' 'Creativity' 'Freedom' back into this world and reality. All of the higher qualities of Leo. We are the Elder Lightworkers, Wanderers, Crystals, Starseeds etc. and many of the old Atlantians are back on this track again too. Many of them are the current teachers, writers, and so on.

What I'm getting at is that after reading Judith Goldberg's article above, I saw that with the current transit of Saturn in Leo......AND transiting Pluto approaching the Galactic Center (26 Sagittarius 56' during 2006 and 26 Sag 57' during 2007) that many of us Pluto in Leo generation will be activated, triggered in a way where we will be able to 'ground' much of the GC energies through Pluto right through our bodies and psyche's! For many of us we're in a Pluto Trine Pluto now making this easier but, transiting Saturn through Leo (July 17, 2005 - Sept. 2. 2007) is and will be slowly conjunctiong all of our natal Pluto's in Leo!!! This is karmic for us. (Toss in transiting Neptune and Chiron in Aquarius ....)

With these 2 transits alone so much will be changed finally. Look at the dates and the degrees of the transits. We've been hearing about how 2006 and 2007 will bring massive changes and equally massive energy increases. And following this up will be transiting Jupiter slipping right into a conjucntiong to GC after Pluto. Amazing.

I'd like to ask anyone else who's much better at seeing transits and weaving them all together and holding them mentally, to please add your insights about this major transformation on this thread. Even though what I 'saw' was amazing and huge, I know I didn't catch the total picture about these transits. I'm very personally involved with them and this makes it a bit harder to clearly 'see' whats going on physically. Thanks to all - and to the next generations (Virgo and Libra Plutos) who will do the new 'Creating' after the changes. :)

Waterbearer50

I'd just like to add really quick that the current transit of Neptune through

Aquarius is aslo helping to trigger this. Many of us "hardened" our hearts

when the "60's" were over, now Neptune is "softening" us back up.

Combined with Saturn's transit and with Uranus the ruler of Aquarius

transiting Pisces, where the attention goes to God and Spirit and the

Universal Whole, this will all come together in a BIG way!

From the Heart,

WB50

Waterbearer50

Thank You Radu!

I'd like to give a Big shout out to Radu, who deserves alot of credit, first

for hosting this sight, and second for providing the link that led me to

Judith Godlberg. Thank You !!!

From the Heart,

WB50

Lapis

Here's a Tr ip down memory lane for many of us. How old were you when Woodstock happened in Aug. 1969? I was 17 and the next month (Sept) entered my senior year in High School! (Later that school year, only 2 weeks after I graduated from High School, I received a Draft notice in the mail! There'd been a first name typo and 'They' thought I was a male. Big reality check.)

This is interesting and thought some would enjoy seeing the original 'Woodstock' Chart no matter what our ages.

www.martinlass.com/woodstock.htm

A

Anonymous

Hey Lapis

Coincidences again!! :D

How old were you when Woodstock happened in Aug. 1969? I was 17 and the next month (Sept) entered my senior year in High School!

What did you wear? My daughter's dance school has a show coming up and a few of us mums :roll: are doing a tap routine to a late 60's/ early 70's medley. :shock: We need costumes! I can't remember if it was hotpants and long boots or gypsy stuff? 8) Can you remember? Still got the pics?

Thanks

hel141

Lapis

hel141,

It was a mixed bag of things from all over the world. Long Gypsy type skirts with lots of heavy jewelry and braclets. Barefoot or sandels or boots. And pants.....they all were 'bell bottoms'. Hip Huggers with BIG bell bottoms and leather vests with fringe and beads and feathers, flowers etc. Also we wore a lot of east Indian type clothes and fabrics. The Indian jackets with those collars and beads. Lots of long bead necklaces on everything.

Have fun with your performance! 8)

A

Anonymous

Lapis

Pretty much the same as they're wearing now, then! 8)

Thanks for this. I remember the bell bottoms and the fringing - Aaaargh! I looked a lot like a bell. Sort of round and squat! (somethings never change, still bell shaped! ) I'll have to get the sewing machine out as well as decapitate a few imitation flowers! Not to mention raiding the christmas tree for beading! It'll be a laugh though. A good manifestation of my Mars in Leo, me thinks.

Take care

Thanks for your trip down memory lane 8)

hel141

cara4art

Another Pluto in Leo member here, at age 58. I posted over on the "Asteroids and other Objects" messages about being health-conscious over the last 32 years. Since I am having my second Saturn(natal Saturn in 6th) return, so far I believe I am reaping the rewards of having had good habits - my health is excellent, I feel energetic and good, and I am fit and trim, mostly from consistent physical disciplines and very healthy diet over a long period of time. As far as the whole "looking younger" thing, I do look younger than expected for my age, but it is not from plastic surgery, other invasive methods, or even high-tech skincare. I find the whole plastic surgery thing scary, to say the least, and especially when it is taken to the extremes that seem to be very common these days. I use largely natural, simple skincare products, and wear makeup only occasionally - I run away from anyone who wants to "do my makeup" or "even out my skintone"-LOL! Also I dress simply, in second-hand clothes that I dye myself. In my case, I think the orientation towards natural medicine, organic diet and exercise puts me more in common with the Pluto in Virgo people as far as my health-orientation.
As far as my work goes, I don't work outside the home - I'm an artist who has been going through a period of transition in media, and have been very private over the last few years. I can't see all of a sudden going towards extreme ambition(even with tr. Pluto having been in my 10th for 3 years now), and it is quite likely that I will seek privacy further afield. I have had much from the higher levels to process over the last few years, and that process is continuing. So as far as what second Saturn return brings in the work arena, it is anyone's guess - I'm not out there looking for a job as such - would only have to do that if my husband dies! He's in very good health now though!

Laura Elizabeth

A strong desire to find and pursue your passion may tug at your heart.

I don't think it's just the Pluto in Leo generation that is feeling this. Overall, spiritual advancement, or awakening, is on a faster track and the Pluto in Virgo generation is also being pulled into finding their destiny - their passion - earlier than the Pluto in Leo generation. With Neptune in Aquarius and most of us either in or just beginning our Uranus opposition, it's the world family that matters to us, not just our own or our own individual selves. We're practical, quiet, and nurturing. The Pluto in Virgo generation tends more to the shadows than the spotlight.

For me, looking forward to see what lies ahead requires looking backward. Several years ago I saw that the early 2000's were going to be a re-hash of the early 1950's - excessive global conservatism and paranoia (Saturn entered Leo August 11, 1946). It's also when I started to see the importance of Chiron on the generations. I believe that the mid-2000's through 2010 + will be a re-hash of the late 1960's and early 1970's. We're already seeing some of it, however. The last time Saturn entered Leo (September 29, 1975) we had issues dealing with our use of oil and energy and how we handle our environment, as well as the continuing fallout from various political scandals. With the coming conjunction of Saturn and Pluto in Leo, (and the last polar divide with Saturn in Gemini and Pluto in Sag, harkening back to the last ingress of Pluto into Virgo) the entire process has been accelerated.

Birth, or re-birth, is a violent process. I'm concerned about the ingress of Pluto into Capricorn (October 18, 2009). The ingress of Pluto into Virgo didn't appear dangerous or violent in 1958, but look at the world at that time. It was a deeply, startling change. As, globally, we're moving at a faster rate, I'm concerned that this ingress into Capricorn is going to be very dangerous and painful and violent. The mutual reception of Uranus and Neptune (which will be at 23 30 and 23 47 respectively) on October 18, 2009, won't be much help.

Take a look at the chart: http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg...DRYIwv-u1022858353.52248.32188.gif&res=63&va=

It doesn't fill me with the warm and fuzzies. We'll just be coming off a Saturn in Virgo, Uranus in Pisces opposition and Mars at 0 Leo - Pluto at 0 - 1 Capricorn.

I'm guessing that the Pluto in Virgo generation will either be in or beginning a massive "clean up" of some kind - be it political or social or (God forbid) environmental.

I believed for sometime that we are either in or just beginning a new Renaissance. At that time Pluto was also in Leo (1450's - ingressed into Virgo October 1464). This last gasp of the Saturn Pluto opposition we've just passed through started in 1464 (October 11, 1464, Julian calendar) - Saturn had just gone into Pisces when Pluto went into Virgo. That was a violent birth and I think this one is as well. There have been massive benefits to humanity because of the last Renaissance - I think the coming one will provide us with even more. But there will also be a great cost. None of us living will see what those benefits will be, but we can (and are) sowing the seeds for great future harvest.[/url]

Lapis

Laura Elizabeth said:
I don't think it's just the Pluto in Leo generation that is feeling this. Overall, spiritual advancement, or awakening, is on a faster track and the Pluto in Virgo generation is also being pulled into finding their destiny - their passion - earlier than the Pluto in Leo generation. With Neptune in Aquarius and most of us either in or just beginning our Uranus opposition, it's the world family that matters to us, not just our own or our own individual selves. We're practical, quiet, and nurturing. The Pluto in Virgo generation tends more to the shadows than the spotlight.

Laura Elizabeth,

Each generational group of souls incarnates under that blanket energy of whatever sign Pluto is in at that time as you well know. Personally I'm not much impressed with the Pluto in Cancer group and what they, in general, did and didn't do. Maybe this is a fairly normal emotion for the next group coming in to do all that they are to do during their time, under their Pluto sign energy. One is no 'better' than the one before or the one after. Each group is extremely important and perfectly designed to accomplish highly specific things that only that group can and is supposed to do. That's the whole point.

Each group coming up next can do what they're supposed to do only because of the consciousness, energy and reality changing works that the preceding Pluto group did! Again that's the whole point. My personal reason for starting this thread was because I feel that the Pluto in Leo generational group in general, has some ancient karma that many (but not all) of us are addressing and healing in these lives finally.

"....and the Pluto in Virgo generation is also being pulled into finding their destiny - their passion - earlier than the Pluto in Leo generation." Interesting comment because I remember the planetary change created by the Pluto in Leo souls, knowing at very young ages, that we had a destiny and a passion too! Aka "Hippies". And we took a beating because of it- but we were the ones to do THAT aspect of earth reality changing. Your generational Pluto group will do it's part in continuing to change and improve the planetary situation as will the group after yours.

Laura Elizabeth

AM

Take a look at the history of the late 1730's - Pluto entered Scorpio on January 1, 1737, went back into Libra on April 5, 1737, and then back to Scorpio on October 2, 1737, for an idea of what Scorpio in Pluto is like. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1737. And then go over what the world was like when Pluto was in Scorpio in the 1980's (November '83 - '95). That'll answer your question :D. Your generation will be involved in great philosophical debates, enlightenment after an age of darkness, but it also be a time of great chaos and pain.

When your generation "comes of age" in a political sense, Pluto will be leaving Capricorn and entering Aquarius, so you also have to look at what Pluto in Capricorn and Aquarius brought to humanity the last time around. Pluto into Capricorn, September 10, 1762 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1762; Pluto in Aquarius, April 5, 1777 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1777.

AquariusMoon

Lapis, something I've been curious about, what Pluto being exalted in Leo means. Couldn't there be something good about this placement for the most part? Pluto in Leo is like Pluto in H5, having to do with creativity, entertainment, ego, individuation, the antithesis of the herd mentality. The Pluto in Leo generation did work together to revolutionize the music ("hope I die before I get old") and film industries, dance. With the creation of rock and roll, some became like kings (Elvis, "the pelvis") and queens. Some of the 60's music is still popular with younger generations (forever young), so gives some common ground. Pluto in Leos do desire to be special. Along with the music came a special style in hair, dress. The Pluto in Leo generation transformed House 5, and it will never be the same.

Pluto rules H8, a financial house, a financial axis, a values axis, an ethics axis. Are all Pluto in Leos egotistical about their shared resources, whether egotistical about having much or egotistical about having a lack thereof? Is one "better" than the other on the soul's journey, having much or having little, since all will be transformed?

Pluto is very karmic. It would seem to me that whatever way Pluto in Leo is expressed (or Pluto in any sign), that it might be for one's highest good as whatever house Pluto is in either natally or by transit will be transformed whether we like it or not. Pluto transits, transformations, can be so heart-wrenching, can leave scars, physical or emotional, so I don't wish them on anyone, yet we all will go through at least one powerful Pluto transit if we live long enough, one spiritual, one physical, one mental, but all emotional and all very personal. One is probably not easier to handle than another. How we choose to work with Pluto transformations is also very personal. Do we resist altogether? Do we go with the flow? Or perhaps a combination of resisting and flowing, which is why Pluto transits are necessarily long ones.

The upcoming transits to Pluto in Leo, Pluto in Virgo, will be interesting, I guess, especially when tr Neptune aspects Pluto and trines natal Neptune, which natal Neptune has been sextiling natal Pluto for 40 years or so, affecting many generations, so will form an interesting little triangle. Right now transiting Pluto is going well for the fire sign Pluto in Leos. Water signs may be experiencing transiting Pluto with more challenges, earth and air signs a mixed bag, supporting transits and natal aspects helping or hindering as the case may be.

Pluto is generational, but it's also personal when it makes aspects to personal planets, the nodal axis or is retrograde in the natal chart. Jeff Green gives a lot of significance as to whether Pluto is direct or retrograde in people's charts as Pluto is retrograde six months of the year. He says in "Pluto, the Evolutionary Journey of the Soul," which I highly recommend: "The number of aspects Pluto forms to other planets determines the degree of evolutionary pace or change in any life. In other words, the number of aspects involving Pluto correlates with the intensity of the evolutionary state, how much they are trying to accomplish or work on in this life. The greater number of aspects, the more the individual is desiring to accelerate his or her evolutionary growth. This principle is clearly a relative phenomenon. Observe the lives of people who have many aspects to Pluto in their birth charts. Contrast this observation with those who do not. The lives of those who have more aspects will be characterized by more cyclic cataclysms than those who have fewer. The reason is that these individuals are desiring to confront, eliminate and transmute limitations, stagnations and the status quo at key junctures in their lives. This process is reflective of the desire to return to that which created the soul. Simply stated, the individual is desiring to get on with it. People with fewer aspects to Pluto are taking a break from the intensity of evolutionary and karmic necessities."

So do we decide what our natal astro aspects are going to be prebirth or are they forced on us as some kind of punishment? Are they what we deserve or what we have coming to us? I don't know, but you could probably say that everyone gets just the right amount of Pluto at the right time and is able to handle the Pluto in their chart better than someone else could, either natally or by transit, as it is so unique to each person, the way it is expressed.

AqMoon

Lapis

Pluto Exalted in Leo

AquariusMoon,

I thoroughly enjoyed your post! So much in it......

The first time I tried to write this, it vanished into wherever it is that lost posts go. So I'll try again.

Yes I too believe that Pluto's exaltation in Leo is hinting at more than what first meets the astrological eye. Often I see important spiritual and astrological information as powerful and beautiful symbolic images. The 4 Fixed signs have been prominent for awhile now.

The easiest way for me to share this is to suggest a visualization. See yourself standing at the exact X point where all 4 of these energies meet and merge. This is more than the polarities of Leo/Aquarius and Taurus/Scorpio but of the 4 things merged and then transformed into One Energy. Through the back and forth workings of Taurus and Scorpio we learn what's important in the physical world on multiple levels!;)

Then through the back and forth workings between Leo and Aquarius we learn about self and Self/heart and Heart and group and Group/mind and Higher Mind. Very holographic. Now mix all 4 together and stir well! (The Sphinx speaks to this 4-some I feel.)

It was very helpful reading that Jeff Green quote. The only natal planet I have that's NOT aspecting Pluto is Saturn and the Nodes. All the rext of them aspect Pluto. I could deeply relate to what he said about this and have been aware that this is a big incarnation for me always, as it is for so many of us. Thanks again for sharing this.

About your last paragraph - From what I've learned and experienced, our Higher Selves have It's learning agenda's for us smaller aspects that splinter off and journey. Prior to each incarnation into physical life, each of us with the help of non-physical 'Specialists' work long and hard to line things up astrologically and location-wise so that 'we' (the incarnating aspect) has the absolute greatest opportunity to achieve what our Higher Self desires to learn and experience through 'us'. Within that astrological framework and Higher Self goals, we still have the free will to experiment with those 'tools' of learning and perception in each incarnation/natal chart energies however.

Personally in Oct. 06 transiting Saturn will make its 1st Hit to my natal Pluto in Leo Rx intercepted in 6. Feb. 07 the Rx 2nd Hit to natal Pluto happens, and then in June 07 (1 day before the Summer Solstice!) the 3rd Direct Hit to natal Pluto in Leo happens. I too expect the following months to be......intense to say the least. Then there's transiting Neptune that's now 2 degrees away from a 1st exact opposition to natal Pluto in Leo. Yeah, lets transform the past 2,100+ years worth of negative Piscean Age junk and more. And transiting Pluto today is about 6 degrees from conjunting my Sun.

The Pluto in Virgo Group will no doubt amaze all with what they too will do with their transiting Pluto Initiation.

AquariusMoon

Lapis said:
AquariusMoon,

I thoroughly enjoyed your post! So much in it......

The first time I tried to write this, it vanished into wherever it is that lost posts go. So I'll try again.

Yes I too believe that Pluto's exaltation in Leo is hinting at more than what first meets the astrological eye. Often I see important spiritual and astrological information as powerful and beautiful symbolic images. The 4 Fixed signs have been prominent for awhile now.

The easiest way for me to share this is to suggest a visualization. See yourself standing at the exact X point where all 4 of these energies meet and merge. This is more than the polarities of Leo/Aquarius and Taurus/Scorpio but of the 4 things merged and then transformed into One Energy. Through the back and forth workings of Taurus and Scorpio we learn what's important in the physical world on multiple levels!;)

Then through the back and forth workings between Leo and Aquarius we learn about self and Self/heart and Heart and group and Group/mind and Higher Mind. Very holographic. Now mix all 4 together and stir well! (The Sphinx speaks to this 4-some I feel.)

It was very helpful reading that Jeff Green quote. The only natal planet I have that's NOT aspecting Pluto is Saturn and the Nodes. All the rext of them aspect Pluto. I could deeply relate to what he said about this and have been aware that this is a big incarnation for me always, as it is for so many of us. Thanks again for sharing this.

About your last paragraph - From what I've learned and experienced, our Higher Selves have It's learning agenda's for us smaller aspects that splinter off and journey. Prior to each incarnation into physical life, each of us with the help of non-physical 'Specialists' work long and hard to line things up astrologically and location-wise so that 'we' (the incarnating aspect) has the absolute greatest opportunity to achieve what our Higher Self desires to learn and experience through 'us'. Within that astrological framework and Higher Self goals, we still have the free will to experiment with those 'tools' of learning and perception in each incarnation/natal chart energies however.

Personally in Oct. 06 transiting Saturn will make its 1st Hit to my natal Pluto in Leo Rx intercepted in 6. Feb. 07 the Rx 2nd Hit to natal Pluto happens, and then in June 07 (1 day before the Summer Solstice!) the 3rd Direct Hit to natal Pluto in Leo happens. I too expect the following months to be......intense to say the least. Then there's transiting Neptune that's now 2 degrees away from a 1st exact opposition to natal Pluto in Leo. Yeah, lets transform the past 2,100+ years worth of negative Piscean Age junk and more. And transiting Pluto today is about 6 degrees from conjunting my Sun.

The Pluto in Virgo Group will no doubt amaze all with what they too will do with their transiting Pluto Initiation.

Thanks, Lapis, for making my day. I really appreciated your comments and insights.

Didn't you have a quote in your signature line at one time something like this, the quote by Sri Yukteswar: "A child is born on that day and at that hour when the celestial rays are in mathematical harmony with his individual karma." Yes, I can just imagine hashing out my chart prebirth, "Okay. Okay. I'll take all those Pluto aspects if you'll give me a Sag ascendant and Venus trine Jupiter. Otherwise, I'm not going anywhere, I'm staying right here!"

I'm sure there's something somewhere on the net that explains why Pluto is exalted in Leo, something mathematical. I feel that Pluto in Leo (Pluto/Sun) has to do with a strong will combined with the joy and love of Leo. Leos have big hearts, love children, can be child-like. I feel Pluto in Leo does desire love and joy above all else, has a large capacity for giving and receiving love and joy. Pluto exalted in Leo said, "Make love, not war." Love is the strongest power in the Universe, the only thing that lasts. Maybe not all Pluto in Leos have tapped into that love/joy power, but it is available. When it is discovered, what a power to be found at their disposal. This may be the journey of the Pluto in Leo, the direction all are headed in, but just a matter of time.

With Pluto nearing your Sun, be sure to not use too wide of an orb as it's such a slow moving planet and not your chart ruler. With Pluto and your Sun, you may not even see anything until it is separating. Pluto moves about 3 degrees a year, so you still have lots of time before that transit shows up. Pluto conjunct your Sun would probably be a very positive and powerful transit for you, your reputation, career.

I know someone else with Pluto at 21 Leo, will be experiencing the same transit. Pluto/Neptune will get our attention. Has anyone experienced this one yet? Care to comment? I need to look back to see what was happening when Neptune was squaring Pluto. I'm sure that will be an eye opener.

Sorry that you lost your first post. Hope that doesn't happen again. Thanks for retyping. Sometimes when I feel that the post is going to get lost, I'll save it (highlight, then ctrl+c) (ctrl+v to paste). Sometimes the refresh button works too, will bring it back. I know someone who always types his posts in Word first and then copies and pastes to the forum due to losing his long posts much of the time. It is a problem for many people.

Take care and thanks again,
AqMoon

Lapis

Pluto In Leo

AquarianMoon,

Isn't Pluto symolic of the darkest 'Dark' and Leo/Sun/Heart symbolic of the brightest 'Light'? I'd think that Pluto's exalted in Leo because He has the potential to join all those Underworld things (consciousness, 'death', unseen, etc.) with and elevate them in the open conscious Sunlight, creativity and heart of Leo. Like two extremes blending and working together. Or sheer depravity and egomanical insanity! :rolleyes: All is permitted. ;)

I think it was Waterbearer50 who said that the Pluto in Leo group is "supposed to learn how to remain in their hearts....".

I want to thank you for your positive advice about my upcoming Pluto conjunct Sun transit. I know I've got some time before it really activates but it was grand being reminded to not be a total Capricorn and that this will not be as 'difficult' as I was fearing. Thanks very much for that.

Also the tips about copy/pasting a post. Great suggestion. I too have lost so many posts and of course the second attempt is never comparable to the first one because you'r pissed off and are not remaining in your heart at all!

"Okay. Okay. I'll take all those Pluto aspects if you'll give me a Sag ascendant and Venus trine Jupiter. Otherwise I'm not going anywhere, I'm staying right here!" :D Very funny and no doubt how many of us try to work it!