weight gain/loss

Vista

thyroid disorders, ulcers, depression and other physical illness cause weight gain, as do many prescribed medicatios. and that is in spite of regular exercise, a balanced diet.
many of the answers on this question have totally missed the mark. I was looking fr indicators in a chart. [deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

[deleted response to attacking comment - Moderator]

If you and your daughter have a thyroid problem there are likely adrenal issues too. The thyroid and adrenals work hand in hand and if one is not functioning the other unlikely to be as well. Getting good adrenal support is key. Also, Ferritin and Iron could be low too, again causing malfunction. Look at the website wilsonsthyroidsyndrome.com and stopthethyroidmadness.com. Both have great in-depth information about thyroid health. These are not sites to sell anything, just to provide information with the second one being a support group. It's much more complex than just taking Synthroid once a day, which is basically ineffective.

Last edited by a moderator:

docrocko

Jupiter and it's transits through the signs can affect weight gain. Jupiter the planet of expansion, as it transits through the sign of Sagittarius does influence weight gain. Coupled with a Neptune trine, it can be enhanced. As Jupiter progresses into sobering Capricorn, a person may sober up to the fact that they have gained weight and reflect on weight loss. Progressed Saturn square to a natal moon will greatly enhance weight loss. A progressed Pluto to a natal Sun conjunct will greatly enhance weight loss and if trined with a progressed Jupiter - the effects are exponential.
These are the influences that have affected me over recent years.

docrocko

Actually, my diet has always been clean and better than 'the average' by far, so poor eating habits was not the cause of weight gain. Interestingly enough, during a prior Jupiter transit of my Sagittarius ascendant, I stopped lifting weights or running and devoted five days a week of teaching yoga. It was the lack of calorie burning exercising that packed on the kilos. Yoga certainly burns far fewer calories. I recall coming to a point where I could no longer fit into my favorite Calvin Kleins. Suddenly yoga was curtailed to one day and I went back to cardio, weight training and a simple carbohydrate restrictive diet. The point where I made the decision to lose weight was (unknown to me at the time) was when Saturn made a hard square to my natal Moon. Saturn - restructure, Moon - how you reflect yourself to the world; change of body composition, clothing styles, hair cut style changes etc. All those I experienced. In addition, I happen to be blessed/cursed with Pluto conjunct my natal Sun - probably the most transformational astrological aspect a person can experience in a life time. Interesting; 80% of the population will never experience this life changing event - only those born with Sagittarius, Capricorn or Aquarius Sun signs in this present time period as slow Pluto will remain in a sign sign for 23-28 years ! Astrology may not predict the future, but it can certainly be a tool for self understanding and the ever changing influences a person encounters as one goes through life.

Last edited: