I had a dream I visited Saturn

SunMoonStar

I thought people might like hearing about this dream I had so I thought I'd post it. Its actually what prompted me to get into astrology in the first place. In a dream I had about 2 years ago I was watching my favorite childhood movie, Aladdin, (which I still think is an incredible movie :) ) and I was transported through the television set into the atmosphere of Saturn. It was like a big bright yellow fog that became more dense and and deeper yellow closer toward the surface. I was falling through the atmosphere with my two younger cousins (only a couple years younger) who both look up to me and are very supportive of my music career. As we were flying through the atmosphere I started doing spins and flips and cool tricks through the air, and my cousins were laughing and copying me, and we were having a really fun time. Then I began to fear that eventually we would hit the surface of Saturn, and by the time we hit it we'd be going so fast we'd die. I became really scared and then I woke up.

I didn't know anything about astrology before the dream. In the dream I just sort of *knew* it was Saturn (I'm sure most people can relate to that feeling of just knowing what something is in a dream). I think its a beautiful symbolism of the effect of Saturn on my life. I began for many years as extremely idealistic and dreaming a lot about success in music. Its interesting that I entered Saturn through the movie, a representation of a strong creative stimulation for me growing up. So its like I entered into this world with the gifts of creativity and leadership, but as I grow up I become paralyzed with fear about what the surface of Saturn is. Sort of like I'm afraid to materialize those gifts into a practical manner, afraid of how I would fit in in the real world; how good my "landing" would be.

Just thought some people might find it interesting, whether or not you think I actually "visited" Saturn or not, the symbolism is just so accurate for my life it was a very cool experience.

Last edited:

harry

You're dream about Saturn is quite amazing in its symbolic accuracy, and demonstrates so many facets of how this planet works in peoples lives. I used to find many descriptions of Saturn very stifling, and oppressive, and this became a bit of a paranoia when I discovered how much it influences my chart through Capricorn. Yet the idea of using its influence as a foundation on which to build worldy success and also as a manifestation of creativity is the best possible way of veiwing it, (in my opinion.)

Arian Maverick

This is a very interesting dream, although your subconscious mind need not have worried about falling onto the surface; if I remember correctly, Saturn is just a big ball of gas! :p

Arian Maverick

SunMoonStar

Arian, that's interesting you say that Saturn is just a big ball of gas because that's exactly how it looked in my dream!

and very cool, Harry :) The dream had the same effect on me of providing insight into Saturn's energy. Its actually not a bad planet, though it can be very scary. If you learn to utilize it, it can be an incredible tool for manifesting things into your life. Saturn also rules my midheaven, and its a very important planet in my life right now astrologically.

SunMoonStar

If anyone's interested, I very recently had a long elaborate dream on the surface of the Moon. It was so bizarre, the rules of reality on the Moon are so different from Earth, that it was impossible to fit into my normal perception of reality once I woke up, but it was really incredible! A lot cooler than my Saturn dream. It was nothing like what the astrological stereotype of the Moon might make someone think it would be like... It was very imaginative... it was so bizzare! It was like this place where you had so much freedom to colonize the planet as you wanted. I created my own beautiful complex of strange little dome-like futuristic houses and other stuff I can't understand at all. The dream makes me think twice about just categorizing the moon as "emotion," which it often is. Robert Hand describes it as the unconscious aspect of yourself, can also encompass emotion, but can also encompass an imaginative landscape such as this. Moon is the second strongest planet in my chart (in native Cancer on IC at 25 deg. declination) so its really cool that I was allowed to visit it to understand it better. Pluto is my chart ruler, hopefully one day he lets me visit his world.