Is mental illness obvious in a chart???

glykeria

hello everyone :D
If creativity can be viewed in a chart, can mental illness or a predisposition for mental illness? I believe that environment plays a big factor in this. I am wondering if in a chart people with weak minds, no not weak minds but ill minds maybe this should go on the medical astrology board. In todays day almost everyone is taking some sort of anti depressant/anxiety medications. I am not sure what exactly I mean. Can you see it in my chart Don't even look :wink: I am just scattered brained not mentally ill.
Glykeria

glykeria

Sure thing that would be Super Duper just the new one lets see if anyone can see anything related to mental illness.
Glykeria
Aquarian Mav thanks :)

Arian Maverick

Here is Your Natal Chart:

Here is Your Husband's Natal Chart:

Here is Your Synastry Chart:

Here is Your Davidson Relationship Chart:

I hope this is helpful... :wink:

Aquarian Maverick

Lapis

As is usual with me, I had this conversation telepathically around 2:30 am (3-14-06) early this morning in my head with many of you. It involved some of the members here on this thread and also some over at Bob Marks forum on the same subject. By the time I get this out many of you will be convinced that I have some form of 'mental illness'! :lol:

What I'm saying is that being a sensitive, a Seer, I far too often experience conversations and all the emotions that go along with that conversation.......many, many, hours or days before it arrives here in the physical. Yep, it gets frustrating and sometimes confusing but it's the truth, my truth. It's a big aspect of me my life/reality. Mercury Rx natally.

OK, mental illness. I don't much care at this point about being politically correct about this subject. Like glykeria said, our environment plays a huge part in the rapid increase of mental illness across the board. We can't eat, drink, breath, wear, live with and use materials that are toxic for decades and expect to not have this affect our health on all levels. But I also believe that as the Age of Aquarius, an AIR sign......becomes the primary energy we live within now, that the problems of "mental illness" will grow rapidly for a number of reasons. Electronic interference and all those Aquarian like invisible 'waves' of energy are already affecting all of us in not so wonderful ways, doing god only knows what all to our physical brains and our electromagnetic bodies. Plus the past Piscean Age chemicals are being discovered now to cause mental illness in the forms of dementia.

Astrologically I feel that the AIR signs (and their Rulers) in general - Gemini, Libra, Aquarius - are more prone to mental (air) imbalances and illness just like they can also access levels of mental genious. Sorry but stupid people just don't usually come down with 'mental illness', just the opposite it seems, which puts a different spin on many (but not all) forms of mental illness.

It came up that Capricorns are often mentally ill. As a Cap all I can say is.......try living with Saturn 24/7/365 and yes, at times you'll head straight towards serious depression. If not careful Capricorn/Saturn (Cancer/Moon) can manifest as agoraphobia even. Saturn so self imprisons, so self restricts, that it can morph into not being able to physically move and/or physically leave the house (Cancer). EACH SIGN manifests it's own type of fears and imbalances that taken to an extreme, can become one of many different types of mental illness.

Arian Maverick

As is usual with me, I had this conversation telepathically around 2:30 am (3-14-06) early this morning in my head with many of you. It involved some of the members here on this thread and also some over at Bob Marks forum on the same subject. By the time I get this out many of you will be convinced that I have some form of 'mental illness'! :lol

Not at all, Lapis! I'm curious now...was I somehow involved in this telepathic communication? This is a subject that has profoundly influenced my life, so I believe there is a good chance that my subconscious may have connected with you.

Astrologically I feel that the AIR signs (and their Rulers) in general - Gemini, Libra, Aquarius - are more prone to mental (air) imbalances and illness just like they can also access levels of mental genious. Sorry but stupid people just don't usually come down with 'mental illness', just the opposite it seems, which puts a different spin on many (but not all) forms of mental illness.

It came up that Capricorns are often mentally ill. As a Cap all I can say is.......try living with Saturn 24/7/365 and yes, at times you'll head straight towards serious depression. If not careful Capricorn/Saturn (Cancer/Moon) can manifest as agoraphobia even. Saturn so self imprisons, so self restricts, that it can morph into not being able to physically move and/or physically leave the house (Cancer). EACH SIGN manifests it's own type of fears and imbalances that taken to an extreme, can become one of many different types of mental illness.

My Aquarius Rising thanks you for disregarding political correctness and getting straight to the point! This explains so much...I have an Air Ascendent and a stellium of outer planets in Capricorn in my twelfth house (including Saturn), and I have had several serious battles with depression in my lifetime. Dear God, the sychronicity with the most recent posts on this forum is AMAZING! I need some time to reflect upon this situation before its meaning eludes me.

Aquarian Maverick

glykeria

I know Lapis had that conversation with me because this has been in my mind for about a day or so. I asked the question because I do really know I am not crazy I am a very grounded person I am a fixed sign a "Super Taurus" so to speak and I do have somewhat of a problem with mental Illness and always did. The problem I have is with a weak mind I have some kind of disdain for persons weak of mind, Now as a nurse I realize or I was taught to realize that schizophrenia, bipolar, depression and such are actually "illnesses" chemical imbalances with symptoms that can be controlled through medications but even as a student nurse many years ago I very much disliked the clinical rotation in the psych unit. Back to my question or why I asked the question my husbands father had a mental illness although never officially diagnosed it was very apparent. I was wondering if my husband is predisposed if something may be obvious in his chart or if I may be a catalyst so to speak to him. Kind of like he may be on a slow burn but when I am added he has the potential for a 5-alarm fire. What do ya see.
Glykeria

Arian Maverick

I don't believe that having a mental illness makes a person crazy...I know several individuals with anxiety disorders and such who are able to function as valuable members of society. Sometimes, you never suspect a thing and may be quite shocked when a friend reveals their inner difficulties in a moment of true honesty.

And as for mental illness being the result of a weak mind...again I disagree. Effectively dealing with the demands of this physical reality may be a challenge to such individuals, but as Lapis said, many of them have their intellect very much intact.

Aquarian Maverick

Lapis

Aquarian Maverick,

Hi and yes, you were involved with my mental telepathic group discussion this morning. When this happens to me its just as it is physically. I just oftentimes experience it before it reaches this physical realm! Sounds fun or exciting but actually its frustrating as all hell sometimes. In many cases I get to live through one thing maybe 3 times! By the time I connect with it finally in physicality, I'm all done with it...... :? Weird I know but there it is.

Thank you for saying what you did. I needed to hear that. Far too often I do my Libra thing and tone down what I really want to say so I don't come across as a complete pain in the beeeehind! Only a partical one :p

I've know some very high IQ Aquarian's and Gemini's who flew SO high mentally, SO fast and were SO talented in many ways, and yet they are not emotionally integrated at all! They have tremendous knowledge but little wisdom. Leo is opposite Aquarius and vise versa for a reason! :wink: As is Capricorn/Saturn and Cancer/Moon. They're huge insights when we remember to look at our astrological hot spots using the opposite sign/planet archetypes. We get a much larger view of it all.

When the time is right the insights come flooding in and we wonder how we never saw that before! They're layers and layer to this process but I'm so happy that I didn't offend. Rock On A.M. :wink:

glykeria

What makes anyone crazy?? It can differ by culture what we may see as crazy in the USA may not be in any other country. anxiety disorders are kind of the norm nowadays I personally don't think of that as a mental illness just societal pressures to do more and more in an already over abundant world. Pressure is different from an actual disease of the mind falling into such a deep depression then emerging only to be manic for days and not sleep. Paranoia so bad that everything is a conspiracy and every little act is done or preceived as a direct threat against you. Those IMO are real mental illnesses, my take on it only.
Glykeria

Arian Maverick

Thank you for saying what you did. I needed to hear that. Far too often I do my Libra thing and tone down what I really want to say so I don't come across as a complete pain in the beeeehind! Only a partical one

Well then, who better to balance out your Libran energies than an individual with an Aries stellium :D

I've know some very high IQ Aquarian's and Gemini's who flew SO high mentally, SO fast and were SO talented in many ways, and yet they are not emotionally integrated at all! They have tremendous knowledge but little wisdom. Leo is opposite Aquarius and vise versa for a reason! As is Capricorn/Saturn and Cancer/Moon. They're huge insights when we remember to look at our astrological hot spots using the opposite sign/planet archetypes. We get a much larger view of it all.

I was informed that I had a 132 IQ the two different times I was tested...not an amazing score, but pretty darn good, I think. Especially since I tended to lose points for working slowly and deliberately rechecking my answers :roll:

And yes, I suppose you can say that I am not as emotionally integrated as I could be...oh well.

EDIT: Point taken, Glykeria :wink:

Aquarian Maverick

glykeria

I have a problem with weakness period, I am working on it :oops: . I see many problems in my life and mental illness is one that I will never understand, chemical imbalance, maybe, weak mind, possible, horrible childhood experience I am not sure what makes a person "crazy" Can people with mental illness be functioning productive members of society sure. All I wanted to know was if it can be seen in a chart?
Glykeria

Arian Maverick

I have a problem with weakness period, I am working on it .

So do I...now try to imagine how difficult it would be to be aware of your weakness, to loathe yourself for it, and to continually succumb to deeper levels of despair because you just don't give a **** anymore. Everyone around you thinks you're crazy, and after years of unsuccessful therapy and medication, you slowly begin to accept this as truth and thus create your own reality--your own intrapersonal hell. This is the only type of life you have known, and any semblance of happiness eludes you like the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I have been there. I know.

You may argue with good reason that this is unrelated to your original question, yet I firmly believe that the answers you seek will appear once you begin to understand the nature of mental illness. As much as I would love to indulge my Virgo South Node by investing my energies into some particular aspect or planetary configuration, believing it to be the answer to your inquiries and well as my own, I know better. If I have learned anything from my life experience, it is that psychological problems are indicators of a deeper issue--perhaps with soul. Medical studies may prove there to be chemical imbalances involved, but as divine beings we have access to unlimited abundance and perfect health. So how did the chemical imbalances come to be in the first place? I am not sure, but I know this--when we discover how to accept and maintaining our natural state of wellbeing, the world will be a much better place.

But in the mean time, we must first learn to live with ourselves and each other.

Aquarian Maverick

glykeria

Ok Now as off topic as we became, I understand mental illness I just have a problem with it. My original question..... can it be in a chart and if another chart is synergistic with the first can it be magnified. I may have soul searching issues but depression anxiety or the such is something that I have never experienced personally not the depression that you speak of. I have been depressed at times but not anything I could not shake off by a long walk or a shopping spree. I have a stong will and have overcome many obstacles in life by the sheer force within me, I feel for the persons with anxiety problems, and depression but I cannot understand it. Life is amazing we are all blessed to be here on this incredible planet feeling the warmth of the sun, the rain the ocean and all else that the world has to offer and IMO alone I will never understand why someone would come into this world and waste the time here.
sorry if I hit a hot topic with you. I just had a question :oops:
Glykeria

Kite

Funny - this afternoon I was having a conversation with myself about insanity trying to define it. Having contemplated potentially living in an insane time in a past life (Nazi Germany in 1940s), I thought that in those days to deviate from the common collective march could label one insane. And if one wanted to prevent insanity due to a traumatic experience with this type of climate, it would stand to reason that it would require tremendous conformance to the mass mind or the abilty to play along with it to survive.

Yet the mass mind as we understand it in the Piscean age is one built on and driven by duality. Good vs. Bad, Right vs. Left, Rich vs. Poor, White vs. Color and so on. I remember a time when I was young that I did not live in this mass mind. I felt a unity of consciousness where all was appropriate. I personally mark the end of this time with the Kennedy assination. The collective mass swallowed my up and I was never the same.

I tapped into this feeling of unity consciousness that I believe people would call the Christ Consciousness again at Chiron's first square. I was in Israel at the place the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. I know I was meant to feel this to understand the expanded consciousness that would be manifested on earth in the future. I also knew that it would be difficult if not impossible to co-exist with the mass mind.

I think this is where the mental illness lies in this shift. As duality begins to give way to a more unified consciousness, balances are changed. Going from one extreme to another seems likely for people so enmeshed in black and white polarities. I've spent many years working through these polarities to find the center. I'm still working through this and still wrestle with depression, anxiety and etheric sensitivity. I feel what others feel and the more open I get the more absorbant I get. That's cause for balance problems as well.

It won't be easy and I don't think anyone is totally immune. But I do trust in this process of shift and feel what we need will be given to us.

Kite

Lapis

glykeria,

I just read your above post and I think you answered your own question! You said that personally you've never experienced any type of deep inner depression or anxiety etc. (be very glad!) and because of this you have trouble understanding it. Now, add your personal situation with your husband and his father and that's how and where you are learning about it up close and personal.

I mentioned on another forum about how I don't use drugs or drink because I just can't being so sensitive. But many, many, people I love are drug addicts and so my learning about this issue has been through them. And another aspect of some drug addictions is the resulting mental illness it produces. Like Aquarian Maverick said, which of these problems came first? That's the real question to all of this I feel. Personally I believe that the REAL problem is - my term here - "Emotional Illness"!!! And out of this primary emotional stuff, we can eventually become chemically imbalanced which can manifest as different 'mental illnesses', drug addictions or any number of other 'addictions'. Bottom line is emotions with all of us.

Light

Glyk

The problem I have is with a weak mind I have some kind of disdain for persons weak of mind,

Depression and mental illness is not a weak mind. Is a broken leg, a weak leg? People with mental illnesses are no more weak than people with illnessess you can see.

I have a stong will and have overcome many obstacles in life by the sheer force within me, I feel for the persons with anxiety problems, and depression but I cannot understand it.

It takes a stonger will to face the dark depths of depression and to climb out the other side, as anyone who suffers will tell you. It's not something you choose, neither is it something you can brush off with a quick trip to the shopping mall. It's more a sensory overload v sensory shut down, and it is not to be taken lightly.

I agree that the number of prescriptions for antidepressants are on the increase, but don't you think that's because of todays's culture? Too fast, too easy - I want it now, now, NOW. the pace of life is too fast, there are too many expectations. (Another thing you'll find with peopel with alternatively wired minds, is that they set unbelievably high standards for themselves.) Its all too easy for a GP to precribe a handful of pills, when really you need emotional nurturing. I agree with Lapis, it all boils down to emotion. (There was a thread on this here on one of these boards the other day - I can't find it now. Did anyone see it? All about slowing down and emotions?)

Life is amazing we are all blessed to be here on this incredible planet feeling the warmth of the sun, the rain the ocean and all else that the world has to offer and IMO alone I will never understand why someone would come into this world and waste the time here

yes, the world is incredible - but the world works on polarities.

Be very glad you're not a sufferer - but learn form those who are. You might save yourself some pain, next time around.

take care

hel

PS yes - you have pushed buttons. :wink:

glykeria

:D Hello
Weak mind? Broken leg? Two obviously different things is one different than the other? Depends on the illness. When I said weak minds I was speaking of all the so called anxieties yes it seems almost fashionable to be on zoloft, buspar, seroquil, ativan, risperidal or the hordes of others that the American public gobble up as a cure all for not addressing the problems of everyday life. Mental illness eating disorders schizophrenia, manic depression those are valid problems that I agree cannot be shruggred off with a trip to a mall, I am a human being and have had my share of depressive issues in this life I just refused to let it get the best of me. I certainly did not mean to push the wrong buttons. I am at a point/place in my life that brings me to question everything, I don't sleep well get up all through the night but I don't go blaming a mental disorder and request ambien/restoril to get me through it. I and again by my STRONG WILL plod through looking for the real answers that is what led me to this fourm in the first place. I must say again Hel :) SORRY

Lap You may be right I may need to experience this side of mental illness, to marry into a family with a Paronoid Schizophrenic. My father-in-law was indeed hard to handle. My original questions once again is if it was indicated in a chart, thus my husbands chart appears above. Since he has a family history I am worried that it may appear, I also worry for my children. I think I must of been "emotionally Ill" my last time around as I really really cannot be around a person with that type of disease for very long. Lets say it drives me NUTS :wink: Am I extra sensitive because of that? I am working through it all I am working my life and still searching for answers.
Kite
yes the world is not black and white and it is a struggle to find the in between. I can and do always see both sides of a situation I also am highly empathetic to the human condition, more so as of late. It is a world of polarities and I know we need a balance. Yin Yang male female heck Up Down. You may be right as we become more open to the world to the emotions flying all around it may be harder for some to handle it so they mediCate instead of mediTate. I am learning and I learn everyday on this fourm from all of you aware people.
Glykeria :)

Arian Maverick

I am aware of your original question, but sometimes the opportunity for discussion presents itself with such force that it cannot be ignored. Even if an advanced astrologer took the time to analyze your husband's natal chart, what would you gain from the experience? It would most likely be verification of what you already know, and even if it was not, I highly doubt any individual could convince you there are no astrological signs that point to your husband's condition.

Because I respect your opinion, I will try to veer more in the direction of your original question, but I honestly don't believe that this discussion has been "off-topic"--expanding upon the question, maybe, but not totally disregarding it.

EDIT:

I am a human being and have had my share of depressive issues in this life I just refused to let it get the best of me...I am at a point/place in my life that brings me to question everything, I don't sleep well get up all through the night but I don't go blaming a mental disorder and request ambien/restoril to get me through it. I and again by my STRONG WILL plod through looking for the real answers that is what led me to this fourm in the first place.

I believe you may be mistaking the nature of these medications; they are not meant to be a "quick fix" to any mental illness, but rather provide temporarily relief until a person is in better control of their mental facilities so that they may begin the process of tackling their inner demons. As a nurse, you should be aware that time is needed to heal all kinds of wounds...medicine simply helps to "take the edge off," so an individual is less likely to make a rash, desperate decision to end their pain. As much as I detest the current trend and increased popularity of pyschiatric medication, I believe it has saved many lives.

Aquarian Maverick