The French Connection

Arian Maverick

Perhaps this is simply an influence of the Les Miserables soundtrack I recently checked out from the library, but I have regained my keen enthusiasm in French culture and history and would love to view the country's national chart for comparison reasons. I am curious to see if there are any significant connections with my natal chart, like those that appeared with the chart for the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire...it is not often that I get excited about history, but the French Revolution has always held a special place in my heart. Something within me stirs whenever I hear "Do You Hear the People Sing?" and I remember being absolutely captivated by the The Scarlet Pimpernel when my friend recommended the book to me several years ago. The feeling is strong and reminds me of my prior experience with the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory.

So, does anyone have any idea what the national chart for France--or more specifically the French Revolution--looks like? I am determined to explore and sort out my feelings regarding this foreign country to which I have no significant genealogical connections yet feel so strongly connected...

Aquarian Maverick

Arian Maverick

I have a huge french connection. You and i have so much in common. When I was young girl, I passionately wanted to study french, be french, go to france, etc. It was an obsession. I was delighted when I finally got to middle school and could study the language. And learn about the art of the post-impressionistic period when things started to get wacky and free. ALL THOSE COLORS and IDEAS !!! (and cigarettes )

That's so funny, Sita! I was completely adament about studying French in school, too, even though my grandmother spent much of her adult life in Germany and fluently spoke the language.

I think I was a french artist or poet and dancer in the late 1800's. Absinthe bars seem to bear a strong lure, although the haze of it all gets in the way of remembering the time. Pauvre artiste, c'est moi.

I'm not exactly sure what my role was in France, but I'm nearly certain that I studied music in at least one other lifetime...playing instruments comes entirely too naturally to me, and although I've been told that my grandfather was a great accordian player in his day, music is generally not a talent that runs in my family. My mother played the flute for one year and claims she could only play three notes; my father similarly took up the drums in high school but dropped it soon afterwards. Yet I am one of the most talented and dedicated musicians in my high school...I have played the flute for six years now, and taught myself the saxophone three years ago--the summer before eighth grade--and have dabbled in the trumpet and French horn as well.

I've always been a revolutionary nut, but I'm not sure if I was there then.

Me too!

Anyway, this is an interesting article I found on the Aquarius Papers :wink:

Why this is the New American Revolution and our Astrological connection to our Founding Fathers
by Robert Wilkinson

Thanks to a friend in a comment stream over at a political blog I know and love, it was suggested that I post something about how many beings born in the past 68 years bear a strong astrological resemblance generationally to America's founding fathers. Today we will explore what's up for generations born since the boomers, and how they correspond to America's founding mothers and fathers. We are in the midst of a long term social and political revolution. Make no mistake, there are forces in our world that are in dynamic flux, and will ultimately result in a whole new world, with new ways of regarding life, form, matter, and each other. These sorts of revolutions take years, even decades to be observed, and there are many different ways that lead to creative change, whether we enjoy or understand them at the time or not.

Those born since 1938 are of the same generations that were involved in the American and French Revolutions, both significant movements toward the liberation of the human spirit and rejection of the "divine rights of kings." This is going on today, but many are too short-sighted to observe the on-going larger cycles of change and movement toward a better ideal of human freedom and understanding of our true place in the divine (and earthly) order. Try to imagine yourself as one of those involved in the decision of an entire world to move toward freedom, liberty, equality, fraternite, where "no man is above the law," as those with our identical Pluto position also confronted back in the 18th century.

To cut to the chase: Pluto was in Leo from 1693 through about 1712. It was again in Leo from 1938 through 1956-58. Pluto was in Virgo 1712 through 1724-25 and again from 1956 through 1971-72. Pluto was in Libra from 1724 through 1737 and again from 1971 through 1984. Pluto was in Scorpio from 1737 through 1749, and again from 1984 through 1995. Pluto was in Sagittarius from 1749 through 1762 and it is there as we speak. For future reference, Pluto was in Capricorn from 1762 through 1778, after which Pluto was in Aquarius for the entire time the war was won and the Constitution and Bill of Rights were coming to birth.

A general inference would imply that those with Pluto in Leo were the parents and grandparents of those who fought in the revolution, and who were important in the realm of ideas that were set in general consciousness so that the ideals of the Declaration and Constitution and the Bill of Rights were widely accepted and taught to the children and grandchildren of this generation who became the leaders of the Revolution. This group includes Voltaire and Benjamin Franklin, the philosophers of the movements to come. Most of the Founding Fathers and influential thinkers of the following period were born after the Pluto in Leo group did their fiery thing. Those who are known as the Founding Fathers came from the groups born with Pluto born in Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, and Sagittarius. If you don't recognize some of the names that follow, they were signers of the Declaration of Indepenence, a treasonous act at the time which could get you hanged.

The Pluto in Virgo batch includes Rousseau, Sam Adams, Samuel Johnson, and Roger Sherman. Pluto in Libra includes Kant, Washington, John Adams, Button Gynette, Benjamin Harrison, Richard Henry Lee, Francis Lightfoot Lee, Robert Treat Paine, and Josiah Bartlett. Pluto in Scorpio includes Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, John Hancock, Dr. Benjamin Rush, George Clymer, John Penn, and most of the Sons of Liberty while Pluto in Sagittarius includes Goethe, William Blake, James Madison, James Monroe, Lafayette, Alexander Hamilton, and Edward Rutledge. There were many more, of course, but this brief list (pardon me if I left off your ancestor!) serves to illustrate the general point, that the tremendously positive ferment of the human spirit embodied in those revolutionary times are of the same quality that we were born under.

We are the inheritors of the mantle of the power of the human spirit. We are the revolutionaries, who during special times every 250 years create circumstances of positive change in our world. Whether the grandparent, parent, or youthful participant in the human and social revolution of our times, you can see by studying how the times and experiences of another era expressed their symbolic meaning, you can extrapolate what's up for us in the 21st century. Gird your loins, you spirits in the material world. The revolution is upon us for some years to come. Pluto will be in Sagittarius through 2008, after which Pluto is in Capricorn from 2009 through 2023. Then in 2024 Pluto permanently enters Aquarius after its brief intro in 2023, truly ushering in a new era for the human race.

I've been saying for awhile that we have a lot of breakdown, breakthrough, and rebuilding to go through before we see the dawning of the new era. And of course, in the century cycles 2023-2027 corresponds to us leaving the "Winter" of the 21st Century and entering into the light and life of the Spring of the 21st Century. Until then, we have a revolution to go through. The Professor and I and all our allies throughout the ages in the quest for human liberty stand ready to support the future. There are forces in motion that are going to blow the human race into a whole new level of comprehension in the next dozen or so years. And all that will result in the long term is the greatest good for the greatest number, regardless of what it seems like as we go through the change.

Aquarian Maverick

Arian Maverick

Hel- I remember visiting those exact two sites whilst searching for a chart for the French Revolution! Bring on the sychronicities! :D

Edit: I also found out that Uranus was discovered on the eve of the French Revolution. Your ruling planet? Is this where it's coming from, I wonder?

That's a strong possibility...not only is Uranus my ruling planet, but it was stationary retrograde the day I was born and is located in the 11th house--the traditional house of Aquarius! :mrgreen:

Astro.com has Thomas Jefferson pegged as my astro twin, with a shared April 13th birthday. We also share an Aries sun, Aquarius ASC, Venus in Taurus, Mars in Leo, Saturn in Leo. He has Uranus on the Ascendant, which I don't but, I did a progressed chart for myself in December 2012, and then I will be Aries rising with Uranus on the Ascendant.

Sita- that's amazing! I read a book about Rising Signs when I visited Barnes and Nobles the other day, and I was quite happy to learn that Thomas Jefferson was also an Arian with Aquarius Rising...but that's some connection you share! :eek:

Aquarian Maverick

Arian Maverick

EDIT: I just read an article on Wikipedia about the Storming of the Bastille, which provided the following information:

The Bastille is stormed:

The insurgents invaded the Hôtel des Invalides to gather arms, and then attacked the Bastille. At this point, the jail was nearly empty, housing only seven inmates: four forgers, two "lunatics" and one "deviant" aristocrat, the Comte de Solages. The attackers were mainly seeking to acquire the large quantities of arms and ammunition stored there - on the 14th there were over 13,600 kg (30,000 lb) of gunpowder stored at the Bastille. The garrison, reinforced on the 7th, consisted of just 32 men of the Salis-Samade regiment together with 82 other staff and guards. The walls mounted eighteen eight-pound guns and twelve smaller pieces. The governor was Bernard-René de Launay, son of the previous governor and actually born within the Bastille.

The list of vainqueurs de la Bastille has around 600 names and the total of the crowd was probably less than a thousand. The crowd gathered outside around mid-morning, calling for the surrender of the prison, the removal of the guns and the release of the arms and gunpowder. Two representatives of the crowd outside were invited into the fortress and negotiations began, and another was admitted around noon with definite demands. The negotiations dragged on and the crowd grew and also became impatient.

Around 13:30 (1:30) the crowd surged into the undefended outer courtyard and the chains on the drawbridge to the inner courtyard were cut - crushing one unfortunate vainqueur. About this time gunfire began, though which side actually fired first will never be conclusively decided. The crowd seems to have felt it had been 'tricked', drawn into a trap and the fighting became more intense and attempts by deputies to organise a cease-fire were ignored by the attackers.

The firing continued and at 15:00 (3:00) the attackers were reinforced by gardes françaises and other veterans carrying weapons taken from the Invalides earlier in the day, and also two cannon. With the possibility of a mutual massacre suddenly apparent Governor de Launay ordered a cease fire at 17:00 (5:00). A letter offering his terms was stuck through a gap in the inner gates and acrobatically retrieved by the besiegers. The demands were refused but de Launay capitulated because he realized that his troops could not hold out much longer and opened gates to the inner courtyard and the vainqueurs swept in to liberate the fortress at 17:30 (5:30).

Ninety-eight attackers had died and just one defender. De Launay was seized and dragged towards the Hôtel de Ville in a storm of abuse. Outside the Hôtel a discussion as to his fate began, following a particularly unpleasant suggestion from a man called Desnot, de Launay shouted "Enough! Let me die!" and kicked Desnot in the groin. De Launay was instantly stabbed repeatedly and fell to the street, his head was then sawn off and fixed on a pike to be carried through the streets. Returning to the Hôtel de Ville, the mob accused the 'prévôt des marchands' (roughly, mayor) Jacques de Flesselles of treachery; 'en route' to an ostensible trial at the Palais Royal, he was assassinated.

Which time should I use for the chart...1:30 PM, when the crowd first surged into the courtyard? 3:00 PM, when the battle was in full swing? Or 5:30 PM, when the vainqueurs finally liberated the fortress? :?

Aquarian Maverick

Arian Maverick

Wow! I wish I could hear this for myself...awesome lyrics! :mrgreen:

That's so wierd that we share the same first name...Beth isn't all too common, at least not that I know of. Thanks for sharing! :wink:

EDIT: Here is the chart for the 5:30 time of the Storming of the Bastille.

Aquarian Maverick

P.S. Does anyone have any good synastry matches with their natal charts? I've got a few interesting things such as that entire Venus/Uranus/Jupiter conjunction on my Descendent and a T-square pointing to my Neptune/Saturn conjunction...however, I don't feel this is nearly as significant as the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire synastry chart. Oh well, I still think I was French in a past life; perhaps I simply wasn't in attendance at this particular event! :mrgreen:

Arian Maverick

Since I have nothing else better to do right now, I'll upload the synastry chart between my natal chart and the Storming of the Bastille. I still wish I had the official national chart of France, though :?

Beth:

Sita:

Is anyone else interested in a synastry chart? I would have done hel's too, if I could find her natal data...I believe that covers everyone who's responded to this board thus far :roll:

Aquarian Maverick

Arian Maverick

i'm embarassed, though:
i don't know what to look for?

do i look at saturn, sn, and personals?

I have no idea...I simply post the charts and wait for others to give an interpretation :lol:

I know that there were a few tight conjunctions between various planets in my natal chart and the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory chart, so that was what I initially looked for :wink:

Aquarian Maverick

Arian Maverick

That's an awesome idea, Sita! By the way, I'd seriously consider joining your new religion :lol:

Beth's Ninth Harmonic Chart:

Sita's Ninth Harmonic Chart:

Should I consider adding any other cosmic bodies besides Pallas? I've grown affectionate for the little guy lately :)

Aquarian Maverick

sita

AM... Check HER out. You will totally dig this goddess and what she stands for.
She is Pallas Athena and she is the goddess of TRUTH. She is her father's daughter, but she's no princess, for sure. She capital A ascended, not by folllowing the tricks and stunts others told her would take her home, but by finding her own way, flaws and all.

Her truth was all she needed. I love her.

http://www.ascension-research.org/athena.html

Now, I'm on to play with these harmonics...
Since I'm havign trouble finding an actual date that corresponds to this chart, I think I'm just going to get a picture of what this harmonic would look or feel like. Hopefully that takes me somewhere fun!

Sita

Arian Maverick

Since I'm having trouble finding an actual date that corresponds to this chart, I think I'm just going to get a picture of what this harmonic would look or feel like. Hopefully that takes me somewhere fun!

I think you may be confusing harmonic charts with progressions...I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is any "date" associated with each harmonic chart :?

Anyway, thanks for the article about Pallas Athena! I should have known I added HER to our charts for a reason :D

Aquarian Maverick

Arian Maverick

It seems like I am enmeshed in the never-ending process of attempting to edit all of the posts involving my incorrect natal chart!

Here is the amended synastry chart, in case anyone is interested.

Arian Maverick

Humanitarian

Hel- I remember visiting those exact two sites whilst searching for a chart for the French Revolution! Bring on the sychronicities! :D

That's a strong possibility...not only is Uranus my ruling planet, but it was stationary retrograde the day I was born and is located in the 11th house--the traditional house of Aquarius! :mrgreen:

Sita- that's amazing! I read a book about Rising Signs when I visited Barnes and Nobles the other day, and I was quite happy to learn that Thomas Jefferson was also an Arian with Aquarius Rising...but that's some connection you share! :eek:

Aquarian Maverick
For me it's Peter Kropotkin, since he shares my Sun, Uranus, Neptune, NN and his Arian Pluto opposites my Moon exactly 0 seconds

JUPITERASC

Perhaps this is simply an influence of the Les Miserables soundtrack I recently checked out from the library, but I have regained my keen enthusiasm in French culture and history and would love to view the country's national chart for comparison reasons. I am curious to see if there are any significant connections with my natal chart, like those that appeared with the chart for the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire...it is not often that I get excited about history, but the French Revolution has always held a special place in my heart. Something within me stirs whenever I hear "Do You Hear the People Sing?" and I remember being absolutely captivated by the The Scarlet Pimpernel when my friend recommended the book to me several years ago. The feeling is strong and reminds me of my prior experience with the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory.

So, does anyone have any idea what the national chart for France--or more specifically the French Revolution--looks like? I am determined to explore and sort out my feelings regarding this foreign country to which I have no significant genealogical connections yet feel so strongly connected...

Aquarian Maverick
this thread is from 17 years ago - Siriusly - someone just revived it :)

NATIONAL CHART FOR FRANCE
horoscope-chart5__radix_6-10-1958_18-30.png

JUPITERASC

Violent protests are spreading throughout France
after a 17-year-old was shot by police during a traffic stop in the Paris suburb of Nanterre on Tuesday.

France suspends all bus and tram services at night
- while deploying 45,000 officers across the country
- amid ongoing riots over a police shooting.

NATIONAL CHART FOR FRANCE :)

JUPITERASC

USA should go to France & defend France from France in a name of peace & democracy :)
Starting with HIMARS, F16, then Abrams tanks in Paris. When they finally fail, call Wagner Uk too

JUPITERASC

French President Emmanuel Macron has come under fire after he was filmed dancing
at an Elton John concert
despite the widespread rioting in his country :)
How do we really know if any of these politicians have really been voted in
There seems to be some serious rigging going on, which is a certainty

The third day of civil unrest continues after police shot dead a 17-year-old boy during a traffic stop

JUPITERASC

"..morally superior.." Euro values worked well in France
spreading to other EU countries like Switzerland and Belgium
but
President Xi: "..Tourist are always welcome in China.." :)

Ursula's visit & departure to China, no vip treatment, strictly tourist class