Mystic square - earth and water

Question4me

I am new to astrology. What is a mystic square and what does it mean? I paid an astrologer to do my chart and she said that I had a mystic square in my chart and it was the first one she had seen with the elements of earth and water. She had only seen two charts with mystic squares before and they were both with elements of fire and air.

What does this mean to me?

aquarius7000

Hi Question4me,

Your astrologer probably meant a mystic rectangle (see shape and explanation below).

This aspect pattern in a chart is formed between elements of the same polarity, ie masculine: air/fire or feminine: water/earth (which is your case). As this pattern involves 2 sextiles (easy), 2 trines (easy and fortunate) and 2 oppositions (challenging), the flow of energy on the whole is generally easy, with some difficulty between the opposition points. So, this pattern gives the native a chance to strike a good balance and make optimal use of all energies available.

Here's an example of a mystic rectangle, as depicted on the popular astrology site: www.skyscript.co.uk.

MYSTIC RECTANGLE:

aspmr.gif
This consists of four planets connected in a rectangle of two squares and two trines, together with two oppositions connecting the opposite planets. Despite the name there is nothing mystical about this pattern. The combination of tense and harmonious aspects produces the best possible potential for the constructive use of natural

Maybe you would like to pull your natal chart at www.astro.com, and give us some brief (astrological) introduction to it. We will gladly help with your queries then.

Hope this helps
:)aquarius7000