Saturn conjunct NN in composite, is it really so bad?

jjj

Hello,

I found on the site of Cafeastrology the following statement:

"Saturn conjunct the Nodes can be a separative aspect. I am not as yet certain of exactly why this is the case, but I have seen it time and time again where Saturn conjunct the North or South Node in a composite chart or in synastry is present in romantic relationships that don't get off the ground properly."

I have composite Saturn conjunct NN with my SO and I wonder if this aspect is really so bad? (our rel has not still got off the ground properly:))

There is something else that stirs my curiosity. I have read many interpretations of composite charts on this site, many of these charts have Uranus and Pluto conjunct in virgo (as these planets move very slowly, this is natural with someone +/- your age, isn´t it?) in aspect to some composite personal planet. The judgement is often that with this placement the relationship has no longevity. But if so many people have it that are also in happy and stable relationships... maybe this is not so important????

Nice spring weather to everyone
Janika

jjj

I know it is difficult to interpret only one aspect and that it is the big picture that counts, but I thought maybe somebody has an opinion about mu question... Saturn stands for restrictions, so does it mean that Saturn conjunct NN makes it difficult to develop towards goals pointed by the NN? Or viceversa, Saturn imposes this development as an obligation, a karmic obligation?

Neptune Rising

Hi,

I'm not sure about composite Saturn/ N Node conjunctions, but in synastry, a guy I've known about 6/7 years and myself have Saturn/ N Node conjunction - his N Node on my Saturn. There hasn't been any seperating aspects to it yet, in fact I feel I can rely on him to save my life if necessary. He has helped me in various situations - on a mountain I froze, totally panicked, wouldn't go up anymore and couldn't go down. He has helped me in financial dire straits. Maybe it is a karmic obligation he has to me. I've always thought of him as some sort of guardian for me. I think he sometimes feels he has to look after me, and I trust him anyway.

I also help him whenever he needs help, no question. I'll do whatever I can to the best of my ability.

I don't see it as so much of an obligation, mind you, he might! He says he doesn't though. I just see him and the aspect as a true friend, someone I can put my whole trust in.

The only seperative aspect I've found is when he goes travelling for 3 or more months. But he always comes back and our bond is just as strong, and gets better over time. (Saturn)

My new boss also has his N Node in the same place as my friend. His Saturn is also in my 10th house - BOSS! I've only known him 3 weeks so time will tell with that one, especially where Saturn is concerned. Was he obliged to give me this job?! :D I did feel instantly comfortable there in the interview - very strange for an interview!

Neptune

Last edited:

astro.teacher

You cannot make the judgment whether something is "good or bad" without knowing if that Planet receives dignities in its location. Saturn is a very benevolent Planet when it is happy in its dignities and Jupiter is a very malevolent Planet out of its dignities and peregrine. It completely depends on the strength of the Planet itself. Traditionally Saturn usually represents age, the person who "owns Saturn" is usually the older one (either physically or through maturity).

In my Composite chart with my partner, we have Uranus on the North Node. Not too sure what this means relationship wise. The relationship could break up at some point, or we could be together for years, our Uranus/NN is in the 1st/2nd house so maybe this means there will be a major shake up of values, and personal resources within the relationship, the NN and Uranus being in Scorpio - transformation, power, who knows. You can never tell what the future will bring, I am just guessing, I have ordered a composite and synastry book, as I want to learn for myself relationship Astrology.

Natally in my chart I have Saturn conjunct my North Node in 1st and Saturn opposes my 7th house Sun, so this aspect ties into my relationships, and the Sun represents the male figures in my life. This could mean quite a few relationships will end in separation for me, but maybe some of my relationships need to separate in order for me to learn to be independent and bring a focus back to myself. It doesn't mean ALL my relationships will end.

Even with Saturn conjunct your composite NN, if you were to separate in your relationship, it might be what you want at the time. Obviously now you don't want to split up, and you are still trying to get the relationship off the ground. If there is no problem in the relationship it is very rare you do separate.

Last edited:

jjj

Thanks for the replies. As for dignities, Saturn is in Aries and retrograde, so not in very good shape, I do not know houses as I ignore the birth time of my SO.
The relationship (a real one) has not yet started although we know each other already for two years, but we live in separate countries and our encounters have been very rare (he is also in a relationship). The composite has a strong Uranus flavour (U opposing sun and squaring moon) and Pluto flavour (P opposing Sun and squaring moon) and until to now it has provoked mostly suffering for both parts. Maybe Saturn conjunct NN can counterbalance this unpredictability, who knows? Only time will show:)

My Composite book has come today, here is a quick reading for you. This is taken from a Karmic past life perspective.

If there is a planet on the North Node, we've already met it. That planet is the same one opposing the South Node in the earlier stage of our analysis. There, it represented something troublesome, insurmountable or unattainable. Now we see it linked positively to the couple's present evolutionary intentions. They are trying to integrate the higher elements of that planetary energy into themselves.

Working with a planet on the North Node is a good exercise in learning to see both the high and low sides of all planets. Saturn opposing the South Node? In the Karmic past, there was some basic, insurmountable lack- a poverty in some sense-that stood between you and what you wanted. It was probably embodied in some person who represented laws and limitations- someone saying "thou shalt not" or "impossible" Now, as a couple, you need to embrace the same Saturn energy pattern, but move it into it's higher manifestations. Together, you need to internalise this kind of present-tense self-denial and allow both of you to build a future together which you can respect. Saving for a house together. Putting each other through medical school. Raising healthy, sane kids. Staying together. And you thereby overcome an internalised attitude of "coping" in a spirit of gloomy fatalism and acceptance of defeat.

Well I'm off to read my own composite charts now, I have my previous relationship, and my current one to read up on, I have them printed off ready to read. I'm so excited. :D Although I never looked at my previous relationship composite chart until last night, and we have URANUS square the North Node, and the South Node was in Aquarius conjunct Venus so Uranus T. Squared the composite Nodes :eek:. We were destined to break up. I will have to read the book to understand it. ;)

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Shining Ray said:
Well I'm off to read my own composite charts now, I have my previous relationship, and my current one to read up on, I have them printed off ready to read. I'm so excited. :D

Sounds like a great book Shining Ray! :)

I'm kind of in a relationship with a guy, our composite Saturn conjunct South Node, as well as Sun, Venus, Ceres and Mercury (did I forget anyone?:D )! Synastry Sun conjunct Saturn both ways. So much Saturn! The relationship itself never really 'got off the ground'.. Sigh! But I feel we will probably know each other for a good long while to come, maybe. Time/Saturn seems to be the decider!

I just read astro.teachers reply about dignities, and jjj's "Saturn is in Aries and retrograde, so not in very good shape". My composite with this guy is exactly the same!! Well, I never considered dignities before. I'll hunt down a book about them ;)

Neptune

Last edited:

Lin

Janika,
I strongly suggest using synastry to find judge the compatibility, chemistry and love "quotient" for you and your friend. They are really never wrong if an experienced astrologer is reading it. The way his planets fall in YOUR chart and visa-versa say most of what you need to know.

Then place the transits on the synastry chart to see how the transits are supporting or undermining this relationship. The transits must support the "beginning" or undertaking of a new relationship for it to begin.

Invest in a good book on synastry.
Sometimes the best relationships do not become sexual.

However, you do say this man is already in a relationship. I'm wondering why you are not using your time (your LIFE....very valuable) on someone who may actually be ready, willing and able to be with you.
LIN

jjj

Thank you Lin,

as for synastry, our synastry is pretty intresting (sun opposite sun, moon trine sun, good venus-mars aspects, good saturn aspects, his venus exactly conjunct my ascendant, good uranus and pluto aspects etc, with some quite challenging aspects also - my saturn square his moon, his neptune exactly conjunt my venus, saturn-neptune opposition, mars conjunct pluto etc)...

I know that my time is precious, but I know also that I love him very much and that he loves me also. And I want to continue and wait because I feel that it is worth waiting. This started very powerfully, he recognized me in a crowd, with both knowing that we have to be together. We have had sexual relations and he does not live actually with his gf.

Janika

Neptune Rising

Lin said:
However, you do say this man is already in a relationship. I'm wondering why you are not using your time (your LIFE....very valuable) on someone who may actually be ready, willing and able to be with you.
LIN

I agree with this totally, but we all have to follow our own life paths to learn our own lessons in the clearest way to us.

I was in a kind of painful relationship with a guy who was involved, they were living together. I let it go in the end because I realised I didn't want to be closely involved with a guy who wanted to have 2 girls in his life romantically. I needed devotion, for myself to learn about devotion and I knew I couldn't do that in that relationship. We are good friends now because we saw the best and worst side of each other. :)

Neptune

Last edited: