Transits to South Node/bad luck

I have just experienced Transiting Uranus conjunct my South Node, and mostly what happened during this transit was that I got a new computer, which ended up being faulty so I have spent the last few days trying to get it fixed. In the end I took the computer back and replaced it. My laptop doesn't work very well three keys have fell off, and the company who I bought it from are trying to say I might not be covered to get it fixed (you know it will break the bank to fix three keys :rolleyes: ). I got all new t.v equipment fitted which has been fine mostly accept for the first night when it jammed up. My question is have other people experienced bad luck during any transit to the South Node, I have been so stressed out with all this technology. I know natally the South Node pulls you back. But transit wise I have never paid attention to transits to the Nodes.

Are transiting aspects to the South Node bad. (I know the nodes work as pairs but maybe because it was a conjunction to the South Node, it was more of a direct hit ?). Natally I have Uranus trining my South Node/Sextile North Node so I was hoping it wouldn't be a bad experience for me.

Hi Jag,

Thanks for the reply, I suppose the South Node has been considered like the planet Saturn, and the North Node is like the planet Jupiter. But the Nodes always work in pairs so surely what holds you back in life is still central to your future North Node goals. Like my Uranus trines the south node but sextiles the North Node natally so as much as I may have gained an easy energy of Uranus in the past, I still need to take those easy skills in to my North Node path. My Neptune squares my South Node but it still links to my North node.

I think your right Jag, that with transits squares or planets conjunct on south/north nodes will bring some frustration into your life, and trines and sextiles to the nodes might show a time when your path in life has less frustration (unless you have other transiting squares in your chart of course).

Sag Moon

I just had the Nodes reveresed in transit and it has been a challenging time. Ur will be hitting my SN in 2009 and I suspect there will be some frustrtions concerning travel and career matters.

It also depends where the Nodes are located and what aspects they maie in the Natal Chart.

Uranus rules the things associated with what problems you are having so I imagine that has a lot to do with it.

Hi Sag Moon,

Yes Uranus is linked to all things electrical, I thought perhaps because my South Node is in the 7th house that my relationship would have been affected, but nothing disruptive has happened so far (although my partner is going out on a stag night tomorrow so he better behave :p or there will be major disruptions, :D in the relationship.) But then again I will have this transit another 2 times before it goes so I shall wait to see what happens.

Sag Moon

SR
Seeing that the SN is in Pi there is the loftness of communiction with others and explains your dealing with people associated with the Electrical side of things.

In this period I have had many electrical things go bad.It seems to happen all at once.

What is needed is patience until the air clears and things stablize once again I have found.Antother thing that one can do is sleep on it.If there is a problem that ocurrs and you do not find a solution walk away and come back to it another day. I have found that to work quite often.

Pisces I think is a confused sign and that is the cause for the chaos in your relations or electrical components.

The SN btw is nether a bad or good point I think. One person got married with a SN=Ve contact.

What it shows is the least likely place of resistance in your chart whereas things carried over from a previous incarnation seem to work smother then if you need to work on this life's endeavors.

For you to have the SN in the 7th would mean that you might experience many people that where there in your previous life(s). The way you choose to react to these people and events do not need to be negative.They are all growing experiiences having to do with relating.

I have my Nodes as part of a Kite,but my Mn is Square to them which means I have very heavy resistance from those in this life. How I deall with that is I usually walk away when challenged.

Good luck!

Hi Sag Moon,

Yes chaos is exactly the right word to use for this Uranus transit in Pisces. The problem with the computer was unsolved, I had enough of the thing and got it replaced. Not before I spent a few days confused with what was wrong with the computer. Sounds such a petty problem, but it shows not all transits turn out to be drastically life altering.

It is probably wrong of me to call the South Node bad, but I do run there when I am not coping with problems is an easy place for me to be rather than face up to the crisis or trauma at the time. The North Node is unknown territory and it can be frightening to go there at first because it is not as comfortable as the south node. But I have a dilemma in my chart my North Node ruler is in the 7th house so I still need to be active in that part of my chart.

My partner has Venus square the nodes and I did read an interpretation once that this means relationships are causing tension or pulling him back. Maybe with your Moon square the nodes family/emotions or some other Moon significater is causing challenges to your life path. So maybe Moon issues need to be resolved in order for you to go forward, any emotional problems or family conficts even. A sort of having to go backwards to be able to move forward. I have Neptune square my Nodes so I have issues to resolve with Neptune in my chart. I have my Moon Conjunct the South Node and family/past issues have held me back at times, especially the whole relationship with my mother. Definately issues there to fully resolve which I am in the process of healing.

By heavy resistance by those in this life, what does that mean Sag Moon, people are causing conflict with you.

Neptune Rising

South Node passed over my MC/Pluto conjunction late 2005. The job I'd been in for more than 3 years came to a close. It was a timely close though but of course shocked us all. IT was a tough time and I was probably a little depressed at work. Instead of offering a payout, the powers that be moved us within the company to a department none of us ever fitted into. This forced us all to leave. Onto better pastures.

That means the North Node passed across my Nadir at the same time, and I moved into probably the best shared accommodation I've ever lived in, late 2005, actually halloween!:eek: :rolleyes: Really felt like home and I'm still there/here now.

Through moving house I came into a karmic relationship that seems to be helping my soul's growth and has given me the opportunity to see other parts of the world, he takes me on hols!:D :D

Neptune

Thanks for the nodal description Neptune, so at first the south node, bad luck evil node (Just kidding :D ) brought on the loss of your Job, but out of it with your North Node crossing the I.C you moved into great accomodation and met a wonderful man to take you on holiday. Lucky you :) . I still haven't been on any holiday yet, I just sit here and moan about computers not working. :rolleyes:

Seriously though I believe some circumstances are like a blessing in disguise, my partner lost his Job when I was pregnant. But luckily found a better Job and it turned out well in the end although at the time we were feeling down like you felt when you were forced to leave your job.

I best start going towards my North Node I might have more luck in life :D. I couldn't be bothered before but it sounds more promising.

Neptune Rising

LOL!! Computers! :D I'll keep an eye out for Uranian influences on my computer now. It's transitting my 3rd house, and the computer is a bit temperamental, needs a couple of goes before it starts up sometimes. I'm going to try being nicer to it. :) :rolleyes:

Thinking about it, where one (nasty node) brings a close/disruption to one aspect of life, the other (nice node) will bring in something good for you. I guess that is the balance of life, one door closing and another opening - even though at the time it seems uugghhh! A bit like having two people either side of you... one giving you a big kick, the other giving you nice big tub of ice cream...

Neptune

Sag Moon

SR
I have my Mn Conj. Ju out of sign on the 7th cusp.So the Nodal square makes friction when dealing with others. Most of the time it's I know you and they really do not.

That answers the last of your post.

The Mn rules dealing with the public also and the Desc. is your contact with others.

I have my Mn Conj. Ju out of sign on the 7th cusp.So the Nodal square makes friction when dealing with others. Most of the time it's I know you and they really do not.

That answers the last of your post.

Thanks for explaining Sag, there isn't that many good interpretations to be found on the web, for the meaning of aspects to the nodal axis, although I read some short readings on an Astrology program - it was free for 30 days and then you had to subscribe to it, I will have to find it again and download it. I will post the link here for anyone who might be interested in it. They had a Lovers compatibility program on it too.

Thinking about it, where one (nasty node) brings a close/disruption to one aspect of life, the other (nice node) will bring in something good for you. I guess that is the balance of life, one door closing and another opening - even though at the time it seems uugghhh! A bit like having two people either side of you... one giving you a big kick, the other giving you nice big tub of ice cream...

Neptune, I really like this description, it kind of feels sad to leave the familiar behind but there could be so much more opportunity and a more satisfying life waiting for you if you go towards the North Node door. Natally it is not like your leaving the South Node behind your just needing to balance your life out more.

I wonder though how many people are living out the North Node and how many people are still stuck in the old familar, comfortable ways of the South Node and not really moving forward. If your not satisfied with your life is it because your too frightened to try something new (North Node area). I don't know I am still analysing the full meaning of my nodal axis with rulers and aspects - there is a lot of information to understand.

Last edited:
Here is the link to the free astrology programs the astrology interpreter and the astrology lover's program. There are nodal readings in the heading "Destiny". The program is only for 30 days but it is quite good. Reading through my report I should definitly start my own business (NN Virgo conjunct Saturn in 1st house) taking care of business :D or it probably just means I should mind my own business and stop focusing too much on other people's business :p . Oh well I shall a find my own path one day. :)

Here is the link below:

http://world-of-wisdom.com/02_software/download.htm

Sag Moon

Do not forget the duality of the opposition brings awareness.

Any opposition is an intgral part of your make up whereas you strive to find harmony in balanceing the two seperate parts.

Oppositions are part of our make up which we strive to fulfill whcih is hard. They provide conflict and fulfillment when made aware of the tension.

Most people that you see fight themselves due to the oppositions are the ones that have not learned the lessons of the conflict and react violently to their oppositions.

It is the same with the Nodes. We strive to fulfill that which we are made aware of. Some things are quite out of our control and we must just deal with it.

Squares on the other hand we learn to overcome.

My first astrologer was an opposition freak.

Last edited:
Good points Sag :) . I know my Venus in Capricorn appears a little cold at times and could be a bit more caring like it's opposite Cancer. My Mercury in Pisces needs to focus more on the details and work things through more practically like Virgo.

Sometimes I swing between identifying with Virgo and not wanting to identify too much with Pisces and at other times I am too lost and unfocused and could do with some grounding. I can swing back and forth trying to find the balance.

I was reading a book the other night and at the back of it there were tips on how to read a chart, and he said that the chart can work in it's polar opposite and a lot of actors can have an Aquarian chart rather than a Leo chart. Not sure if this works out true in practice, but I do believe life is about seeking balance. The nodes are about opposites, even in my Pluto book the sign/house opposite your natal Pluto is were the soul is aslo seeking to evolve to.

In my book here is a quick meaning for Venus in Pisces and how it needs to embrace it's opposite. This is just an example. :)
For evolution to proceed, the Venus in Pisces must embrace it's opposite, Virgo. This means to create a highly introspective focus of self analysis that will allow them to objectively discriminate between reality and illusion.

I will have to learn to compromise, and balance my energy out better.:)

Sag Moon

SR
I will tell you how I found out about the opposites.

Years ago I looked at a friends chart and looked at his progressions. I saw that he was about to encounter massive respponsibility due to progressions that were about to ocurr in his 1st house and it baffled me as to where these responsibilities would be.
I later found out he meet this girl and had 3 kids by her. Well that answered that question.

When looking at a chart now I try to look at the opposite house to where the activity is ocurring as that might show where the re;ation to what might happen is.

I have to agree with myy first astrologer that the opposition is the most powerful of all aspects. Squares can force us to action,but Opposites are Awreness aspects that we seldom have insight to deal with.We just need to deal with them.

The Nodes being opposite polarities are just an opposition that is neither negative or positive .We have to deal with it the best we can if we can see the flaw in our own nature as to it's action.It is another AWARENESS thing that if we are sharp enough we can take advantage of.

The world for the most part is ignorant to the workings of astrology sadly,but we have the tool if we can figure out how to use it to our advantage.

Do not set yourself up for the Good\Bad thing.There are challanging charts and transits I agree with that,but if you are normal and can relate to the chart you have and see where you can adjust your actions then it is a benefit. As an example I have Ma/Ju Sq. and being aware of impulsive action I can counter those motivations. If it is an accident transit it would be best if I did not go out. Get it?

I hope that makes sense!

Hi Sag Moon,

I will keep this information in mind when dealing with my chart and my familys charts. I will observe how the opposite house works through transits as well. But yes I would think that if you are having transits in your 10th house/career for example, your 4th house/home and family are also most likely to be affected. If someone dies/or losses occur when planets are going through the 8th house your 2nd house/security house is going to be affected.