What is causing this rash?

normak

I've had a rash for the last four days. It just seems to be getting worse. It's only on my arms and legs but it's getting to be more and more irritating, even though I've taken Benadryl and have been putting cortisone cream on the rash. I ran a horary and was surprised to find the ruler of the 6th in the 8th, making no aspect to my significator, Moon. Perhaps it could be stress-related? I don't know, I'm kind of at a loss when it comes to medical horary astrology. Any thoughts?

Chart is attached.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_67_rash.56826.22527.gif
    astro_2gw_67_rash.56826.22527.gif
    76.3 KB · Views: 46

archergirl

For rashes and things I would actually suggest you consult an acupuncturist or someone practiced in Chinese herbal medicine. Western medicine mostly can't cope with skin issues, but Chinese medicine is fantastic for them, because the condition of the skin is of course a reflection of the physical/emotional state of the person.

Traditional astrology actually works pretty well with the tenets of traditional Chinese medicine. You have Jupiter as ruler of the 6th, and Jupiter is in Aquarius. Jupiter is 'hot and moist' (both terms are used in acupuncture), and Aquarius is 'hot and moist'; so, from a traditional perspective your rash is likely caused by an excess of heat and moisture in your constitution. When these things go out of balance, we experience eruptions of various sorts, especially rashes.

Topical creams won't really treat this well as the cause is an internal imbalance.

The Moon squaring POF possibly indicates that you aren't taking enough care of yourself right now, as does the separating opposition of the Moon to Venus.

AG:)

freedomlover

normak,

If you don't mind my practicing again, I'd like to offer my take:

You are Moon in Libra in the 4th house. My guess is that you are allergic to something in your environment.

Ruler of the 6th house of health is in the 8th. 8th has to do with things that are "transformed". I'm thinking maybe air freshener (transforms the air - sig is in Aquarius). Also, maybe cleaning products (transform the state of an object). Possibly something you started applying to your skin as a beauty treatment - Moon IS in Libra. Possibly something you took internally that is manifesting on the skin (8th house connection again). Ruler of the 6th house in the 8th could possibly signify it was something you thought that was good for you (health) but is actually harming you.

4th house also has a connection with food. Possibly something you ate is causing the reaction?

Also, Venus(r) is in the 10th (I think Capricorn/10th rules skin). Moon is moving away from an opposition to Venus(r) - it's dispositor. So maybe something you started using about 6 days/hours before? Venus is also in the sign of Mars, which rules inflammation. Mars rules the intercepted 10th house, and is in Pisces, which rules sickness.

POF in Cap in 6th. Again, connection to skin/health.

Mercury rules house of sickness,and is in Aries in the 10th - also a good indicator for inflammation-type sickness of skin. But I think it will change signs before it opposes Moon.

Mercury's sig will change into Taurus - so maybe you will find something to comfort it? Moon will then change signs into Scorpio, where they will oppose and merge polarities. Scorpio is the sign of healing, Taurus of comfort - so it looks good for you to get some relief from it.

Not sure how to piece all of this together, but maybe there is something in there that rings a bell.

Also, tying in with ArcherGirl's knowledge, Capricorn rules stress - and as she pointed out - looks like you're not taking care of yourself. POF in Capricorn can show the need to de-stress and take better care/stewardship of your body/health. Venus(r) in Aries/10th from that regard can point to inner conflicts regarding competition and/or the need to let one's needs be seen. Can also point to problems with men/authority figures/career, etc.

FL

Last edited:

archergirl

Mercury rules house of sickness,

??? Jupiter rules the 6th, and the 6th is the house of sickness, not health, FL. If you are using the 12th house, I'd have to point out that the 12th doesn't rule illness per se. It more closely rules 'self-sabotage', which isn't exactly the same thing as illness.

normak

archergirl said:
Topical creams won't really treat this well as the cause is an internal imbalance.

The Moon squaring POF possibly indicates that you aren't taking enough care of yourself right now, as does the separating opposition of the Moon to Venus.

That is probably very true. I try to take care of myself by taking lots of vitamins, but I overexercise and probably don't eat or drink enough. I have been under a lot of stress, and I went to see my doctor yesterday because the cortisone cream I was using wasn't working at all. He recommended I take Zyrtec because he thought the rash might be virus-related. Either way, I took the meds last night but have a sore throat today, even though the rash is less irritating. I don't know at this point what to do besides wait it out...

archergirl

Go see a Chinese herbalist, if there's one in your area. I'll guarantee the rash goes away. My son had a skin issue that two different doctors couldn't figure out: was it eczema? was is psoriasis? was it something else? It didn't go away even with various cortisol creams, but started spreading up and down his leg. In despair, I went to a Chinese herbalist who calmly told me he had too much cold and damp, whipped up five bags of strange looking herbs and roots, and had me make a very funky tea for him. A week later, the rash-thing was gone, and I mean, totally gone, even though it had been there for about three months.

Barring some other thing going on, you are already cognizant of the fact that you over-exercise, which is just as bad for your body as under-exercising. Try to relax and give your body/mind a break.

AquariusT

Hopefully it calms after that full moon today. Most rashes do. Use Dove soap, regular old Dove.

Yes, it appears to be stress. With that moon/pluto in the chart and then the mars uranus sextile the 6th, it doesn't seem to be permanent.

I have one other idea, is your workplace safe? I mean, from harsh smells and or chemicals. Did they change the soap in the bathroom or something? Is the water there ok, do you eat lunch at the workplace? It stems from work I believe.

Last edited:

freedomlover

archergirl said:
??? Jupiter rules the 6th, and the 6th is the house of sickness, not health, FL. If you are using the 12th house, I'd have to point out that the 12th doesn't rule illness per se. It more closely rules 'self-sabotage', which isn't exactly the same thing as illness.

I was not aware of that, AG. But I need some understanding, because that makes no sense to me. Do we have our wires crossed here? :confused: Virgo rules purity and taking care of one's health, right? Pisces rules hospitals, isolation, sicknesses, viruses, etc, right?

Or are you saying that 6th house is the overall state of health?

Anyway, you used the quote: "Mercury rules the house of sickness" .
What I meant by that i: Mercury rules the 12th house- which rules what is making her sick/description of illness itself. 6th house may be the state of health (which may be sick) - but 12th house is "what is going on behind the scenes to make her sick". I see Mercury in Aries as being very descriptive of the situation.

Anyway, being polarities, the two blend together. I know, I know that's not traditional horary. I never claimed to be doing it. Someone on this forum pointed this out a few months ago - about the 12th house being the sickness. I've used this method in my own horaries for several months now, and found it to be very telling.

Didn't mean to cause a scene - just doing it my way. ( which has been helpful to me.) Granted I'm doing it my way because I haven't had a chance to study like I'd like to, because of my own illness - and thus, I ask these questions, hoping to gain understanding in bits and pieces. (Studying the "usual" way is something I hope to do when I'm better.)

FL

Moradiva

Catatonia - you said....
Catatonia said:
Did you read that response I put in your sister's thread about scabies?
you got the wrong person/rash here...that was mine :rolleyes:

Archergirl - you said...
I went to a Chinese herbalist who calmly told me he had too much cold and damp
How interesting, but I'm curious to know what was "cold & damp"?

archergirl

FL,

I know the way you do horary is completely different...but in all honesty I wouldn't even call it horary as horary has very concrete rules. The way you do it is almost entirely psychological astrology, and it ain't the same thing! Horary is not intuitive, certainly not to the extent that you seem to rely on your intuition. It is very logical and linear, which can be a difficult change for people who are accustomed to the airy-fairyness of psychological natal astrology. That isn't to say that intuition doesn't have a part to play, but the way you are reading horary charts is less about what the chart says and more about what you are intuiting. If it works for you, great, but I'd be cautious to keep what you're intuiting and what is in the chart, separate, until you're sure of the difference. :)

The 6th house doesn't rule health in horary: the 1st house rules your health/vitality. The 6th house, in horary, has everything to do with illness: from Lilly:
It concerns...Sickness, its quality and cause, principal humour offending, curable or not curable, whether the disease be short or long...CA53
The 12th house, on the other hand
...has signification of private Enemies, of Witches....Sorrow, Tribulation, Imprisonments, all manner of affliction, self-undoing, etc. and of such men as maliciously undermine their neighbours, or inform secretly against them. CA56
The 12th has nothing to do with health, but if you find the 6th significator in the 12th it can often signify a 'hidden' disease; one that the querent already has but doesn't know about.

Normak's 6th significator is in the 8th: the 8th is a place of fear and anxiety, which shows that Normak's anxieties are almost certainly the cause of her current state of health. But she already knows this, or at least guesses at it. The Moon, her, is applying to oppose the Sun, indicating that these health issues will be brought to a head, or a crisis point, unless she reduces her stress levels a great deal. The Sun in this chart, Normak, rules your 2nd house: self-esteem. It might be beneficial for you to consider whether self-esteem issues are at the root of your stresses and anxieties...Jupiter in a fixed sign and a succedent house indicates that this is a long-term thing you'll be needing to deal with. :)

Moradiva: In Chinese medicine there are several imbalances caused by natural/metaphysical elements: cold, hot, damp, wind, phlegm, blood, Shen, Qi, Yin/Yang imbalance, excess/not enough of, etc. It's complicated, but in essence you can either have too much or not enough of a particular thing, which throws the rest of your system out of balance as it tries to cope. In my son's case, he had too much 'cold' in his system as well as too much 'damp' (both very common imbalances in England, btw, because of the nature of the weather here), which were manifesting themselves through his skin. Rashes for cold and damp are fairly uncommon; most rashes come from too much heat. Chinese herbal medicine has an excellent record of being able to deal with skin issues that simply can't be addressed by Western medicine, because Western medicine only addresses the symptoms (e.g. the rash) instead of looking at what is going on in the individual as a whole, and that includes emotional/mental states. You can guarantee that by the time a rash appears, the rest of the individual's system is already off-kilter.

Last edited:

freedomlover

archergirl said:
FL,

I know the way you do horary is completely different...but in all honesty I wouldn't even call it horary as horary has very concrete rules. The way you do it is almost entirely psychological astrology, and it ain't the same thing! Horary is not intuitive, certainly not to the extent that you seem to rely on your intuition. It is very logical and linear, which can be a difficult change for people who are accustomed to the airy-fairyness of psychological natal astrology. That isn't to say that intuition doesn't have a part to play, but the way you are reading horary charts is less about what the chart says and more about what you are intuiting. If it works for you, great, but I'd be cautious to keep what you're intuiting and what is in the chart, separate, until you're sure of the difference. :)

The 6th house doesn't rule health in horary: the 1st house rules your health/vitality. The 6th house, in horary, has everything to do with illness: from Lilly: The 12th house, on the other hand The 12th has nothing to do with health, but if you find the 6th significator in the 12th it can often signify a 'hidden' disease; one that the querent already has but doesn't know about.

Normak's 6th significator is in the 8th: the 8th is a place of fear and anxiety, which shows that Normak's anxieties are almost certainly the cause of her current state of health. But she already knows this, or at least guesses at it. The Moon, her, is applying to oppose the Sun, indicating that these health issues will be brought to a head, or a crisis point, unless she reduces her stress levels a great deal. The Sun in this chart, Normak, rules your 2nd house: self-esteem. It might be beneficial for you to consider whether self-esteem issues are at the root of your stresses and anxieties...Jupiter in a fixed sign and a succedent house indicates that this is a long-term thing you'll be needing to deal with. :)

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation. I see what you're saying about horary rules/houses/significators being different that natal reading/psychological. I think some of my misunderstanding comes from what a professional astrologer I know used to say. He referred to transiting planets as "horary". So "transiting Jupiter" would be "horary Jupiter." At first, I thought this was wrong, but then I realized, "Hey, what is a horary chart but planets in transit? and doesn't a horary chart actually show what is transiting one's natal chart?" Therefore, I came to use the term "horary" more loosely than you ( and others) do. I see that you are specifically referring to a previously constructed method of reading charts called "horary", which is an entirely different bird.;)

Like I said, when my health permits such detailed study( as I am aware it is quite a detailed set of rules), I wish to learn "horary by the rules". I've been trying to remember to make some kind of a "disclaimer" at the beginning of my posts saying that this doesn't necessarily follow horary rules. ( As I knew I wasn't doing it the way others did, and did not want to confuse the newbies.)

However, I do definitely see validity in reading the charts both ways. I think the way I do it sheds light that the "horary by the rules" does not - and vice versa. My experience is that my way is valid, as well. (It's funny - I was doing it like this before I even knew there was such a thing as "horary" astrology. I would notice when something crossed my mind, and intuitively, I sensed that the skies would be having something to say about it, if astrology was valid. That is actually a big reason I was "sold" on Astrology. The skies always did have something relevant to say about the thoughts I was having at the time.) From now on, I will make it plain that I'm using a completely different method, but which still may shed some light on their situation.

So - in the way I do it - 6th house is health and 12th house is sickness. In the way "horary by the rules" does it - 6th house is the house of illness and 1st house is the house of health. Gotcha!;)

Very insightful take on the underlying issues with normak, there. I think you have a "psychological airy/fairyness" side, too.:)

Also, thanks for the info about acupuncture/Chinese medicine. I'm pretty unfamiliar with that branch of medicine. I think I'm going to try to see if I can connect with someone who practices that myself.

You've been such a help, as always,

FL

archergirl

I think you have a "psychological airy/fairyness" side, too.
Probably.:p But horary is a fairly 'cut and dried' branch of astrology, which suits my rather un-subtle nature. I struggle more with natal astrology, where there are so many layers and interpretations of any given aspect.

Certainly 'your way' of doing it brings things to light...but again I think a lot of what you've said about this chart isn't particularly 'horary' in nature, because you're looking at stuff that, in a horary chart, wouldn't really be included, e.g. a blow-by-blow reading of each planet/house, in a natal sense. But in my view if the querent gets something out of it, and it works for you, then do it...but be careful about calling it 'horary'...although I note that you do include a 'disclaimer' in your readings. :) Whatever gets us to the light.

And I think that, for your particular struggles, FL, acupuncture/Chinese herbal medicine (often called Traditional Chinese Medicine, or TCM) might be very helpful. I get a treatment once or twice a month to 'even me out'; the nice thing about TCM is that is just as good for preventative medicine as it is for acute treatment.

Last edited:

dreamreader

What happened to my reply?

I posted yesterday a problem with my small intestine area. After giving some basic information, I do not find my post here anywhere. Why was it deleted? I would like information on how to look at my chart to help me determine my problem in health since I am not getting diagnosed by doctors. Any help as to where my post went or better yet any suggestions on how to get some help with my issue? i can read natal charts and interpret basic astrology but when I get into health problems in a chart this is a new area for me. Thank you.

dreamreader

Re: What happened to my reply?

Ok, I found it, I am a newbie to the site but not a newbie to astrology, after getting readings for 10 years, I took classes from a local astrologer, and got as far as interpreting basic charts (job, relationships, transits)but never took on a clientel or had the blessings to dive into health area. I guess I should have explained that about me...anywho, any suggestions to be brought over to the newbie section (Greenhorns Lounge) is greatly appreciated - to teach or suggest planets to look at transiting the sixth house and when it is a serious health condition or just a passing transition. Thanks for the help!

archergirl

Also, dreamreader, this is someone else's thread; it's better for you to start your own rather than try to tack your own chart onto theirs. You also posted your natal chart. This is the horary section; a very different kettle of fish. Hence you were moved to the Greenhorns section. ;)

Cheers,

Moradiva

Hi Archergirl
archergirl said:
In my son's case, he had too much 'cold' in his system as well as too much 'damp' (both very common imbalances in England, btw, because of the nature of the weather here),
I know exactly what you're saying bc my nephew's asthma & eczema worsened drastically by living near the beach years ago when he was a baby. He's 16 now & it's controlled bc they live in a drier environment.

Very interesting Chinese medicine...thank you for mentioning it!

normak

archergirl said:
FL,

AG, as usual, your analysis is both "spot-on" and singularly helpful. ;) I am aware that my health problems most likely stem from my self-esteem issues, depression, and subsequent treatment for bipolar disorder. I haven't really been able to reduce the levels of stress because my divorce was also just recently finalized and I have finally cut off all contact with my ex-husband just last week. I find myself crying frequently seemingly without cause and whenever I see a reminder of my ex it hurts so much that I can't breathe. Even though things were bad between us and I made the right decision to leave, I feel like my heart has been cut out and there's a great gaping hole where it used to be.

I also keep pushing my boyfriend away because he is very busy and can't be there when I need him the most. I almost broke up with him yesterday, in fact, because I couldn't stop crying all day and had to contact him first to reach him when he usually contacts me first. I got all hung up on that one fact and kept thinking that I wanted him to feel the same pain that I feel so I should break up with him and see how he feels. I blame my Scorpio moon conflicting with my Aquarian venus (I have moon sq. venus natally). Either way, it's a pretty twisted way of thinking. He talked with me and held me for a while, but I feel so awful for being the "vulnerable, needy" one in this relationship. He understands my position and I'm not always like this (it's pretty cyclical), but I still feel like I am the "lesser" of the two of us.

I am also obsessive about exercise because it seems to knock the pain out of me for a time, and I find that I feel much better self-esteem wise when I'm controlling my weight, so that's probably gotten out of hand, too. I also am taking lots of vitamins to try to be healthy. I also get migraines and feel exhausted most of the time. It's weird; I feel like I just want a mother to take care of me. I feel so alone and don't know who or what to believe in.

I went to a doctor the other day about the rash and he thought it might be virus-related. He wanted to put me on a steroid but hesitated because he thought it might lower my immunity too much. The rash is better but today I feel out of breath. I am worried that I might be getting pneumonia. I just wish I felt better all around, but I don't know how to take care of myself without "beating myself up" simultaneously. I want to be perfect all the time, to protect myself from being hurt.

Also, I am concerned that the Trileptal I'm taking for my bipolar disorder may be doing more harm than good. Perhaps it may be part of the cause of this depression? I don't know, I guess I feel pretty lost overall.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

archergirl

It sounds like you're pretty wound up all the time, Normak. Feeling like you're out of control of everything can be deeply rooted in past experiences, and leads to things like hypochondria and exercise disorders, both of which it sounds like you might be experiencing. I had an exercise/eating disorder when I was 20, so I recognize both where you are and possibly why you're doing it.

Medication for your moods can be a help here, but only to a certain extent, and if you feel they're actually making you feel worse, talk to the doctor.

I would be very careful about taking vitamins; they can do you far more harm than good, especially if you are taking too much vitamin A or other fat-stored vitamins. If you are eating a good diet (you know the score: whole grains, lean meats or soy products, lots of vegetables and fruits) you will get all the vitamins your body needs. You also need to rest.

What would probably be of most help to you, and what will probably be very challenging for you, is to learn to let go of trying to control everything. In some ways this is very difficult; it requires you to acknowledge that you have, in fact, absolutely no control over anything in your life except your own choices and behaviour. On the other hand, this is very simple thing to do; when you are in a situation where you feel out of control, instead of trying to control it, you simply hand it over to something bigger. Heck, even Jesus did this: he said, "I can of my own self do nothing." :p

This obviously isn't an overnight miracle; it takes work and determination. Most of all it takes being absolutely sick of the status quo: the same old reactions to the same old situations. But it's entirely possible to reduce your stress levels this way. It may help to stop 'indulging' your fears (worrying about whether the boyfriend is cheating, or that you're fat, or that you'll never get better, or whatever it is that is bothering you at any given time). If you can 'photograph' yourself mentally when you are caught up in the situations that cause you the most stress, you are already halfway to being able to wrest your sense of self back from your fears. Just refuse to go there.

And look: you've been through a really difficult situation these past months. Cut yourself some slack; give yourself permission to be imperfect. Give yourself permission to just rest your body and your spirit for awhile. Do something totally indulgent, just for yourself, and do it without guilt: get a massage, eat a big piece of cake, have a pedicure.

archergirl

And PS. I realise that I am probably telling you stuff you already know. I think you are more 'aware' of your situation than even you may realise; you recognise what's giving you trouble, but maybe you haven't found the belief yet to 'take action'. Give yourself some credit. Most people don't even get as far as the recognition of the issues.