What do you think of this synastry?

ChildOfVenus

The guy is the outside and I'm the inside.
wur0jn.png

GeminiGrrl

At first glance, there were a few interesting aspects that jumped out at me -- some of which appear very promising. Before I get into the aspects that I see between your two charts, I think it's important to draw your attention to the fact that this man has retrograde Saturn very nearly right on his Descendant. This is suggestive of someone who might have difficulty getting close to people but who also takes relationships VERY seriously indeed (it's not too hard to see how one might go hand-in-hand with the other). If you're looking for a relationship with good long-term prospects, provided that there are a sufficient number of favorable aspects (which there seem to be) and not too many challenging ones, this man seems as though he would be a good bet -- he's probably not a "player." If you're not really looking for a long-term relationship, please make this clear to him before you get too deeply involved -- his Leo Sun and Aquarius Moon notwithstanding, this is someone who's probably MUCH more sensitive than he might appear on the surface (especially when it comes to matters of the heart) and you just might break his heart if you're not really interested in anything serious.

Now onto the aspects...

Sun square Sun in very close orb -- this is an aspect which facilitates attraction, but it is nonetheless challenging because Taurus and Leo see the world very differently and need different things. That being said, every relationship needs at least one or two challenging aspects to generate growth.

His Sun trine your Venus -- very favorable for romantic attraction.

Your Sun opposite his Jupiter -- also an aspect facilitating attraction. There's a tendency to be overindulgent with each other as a result of good intentions.

Moon conjunct Moon in fairly close orb -- this is considered very favorable for romantic relationships, because you're able to understand each other easily and don't need to explain how you feel about things.

Your Moon opposite his Venus -- a lot of attraction here, but your needs and values might be prone to conflict.

Your Moon trine his Mars -- very favorable because the energies are complementary (especially since it's your Moon with his Mars). Lots of attraction.

Mercury square Mercury -- communication difficulties.

Your Mercury sextile his Mars -- you probably have a lot of very interesting discussions and friendly debates.

Your Venus sextile his Uranus -- keeps the romantic relationship refreshing and stimulating. There's also a lot of tolerance between you.

Your Venus sextile his Neptune -- very romantic energy.

Mars conjunct Mars -- mostly favorable, because this suggests a very vital and energetic relationship including a highly passionate sex life. That being said, it can also suggest a high level of competition between two people and some very heated disagreements if one person's Mars is challenged.

Your Mars square his Saturn at close orb -- I won't lie. This is a real big challenge, one which needs to be handled carefully in order to manage it effectively and beneficially. There's a real "push-you, pull-you" dynamic here, because the energies of Mars and Saturn are very much at odds with each other. Mars says "let's go" -- Saturn says "no." You as the Mars person will need to be mindful of his feelings, while he as Saturn needs to face up to his fears and loosen up of some of his limitations or inhibitions if this is going to work and not degenerate into a pattern of seemingly endless arguments.

His North Node on your IC -- potentially significant since it involves his node of fate and your fourth house. One possible interpretation is that he feels very much "at home" with you (the fourth house represents home and family) and that there's something about this relationship which feels almost fated to him.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

Thank you for your input he and I are just friends but he does feel comfortable talking to me. We have never been in a relationship and I don't see him in a romantic way. He's in a relationship and he just had a baby recently. As for him not being a player he does have a way with women. And does tend to mess around with a lot of them. He's not someone I would want to get involved with. But I was just curious as to why he felt so comfortable talking to me about his problems. Yes he is sensitive though you are right about that he has tried to come on to me. But I do like him as a friend he's like a kid brother to me.

At first glance, there were a few interesting aspects that jumped out at me -- some of which appear very promising. Before I get into the aspects that I see between your two charts, I think it's important to draw your attention to the fact that this man has retrograde Saturn very nearly right on his Descendant. This is suggestive of someone who might have difficulty getting close to people but who also takes relationships VERY seriously indeed (it's not too hard to see how one might go hand-in-hand with the other). If you're looking for a relationship with good long-term prospects, provided that there are a sufficient number of favorable aspects (which there seem to be) and not too many challenging ones, this man seems as though he would be a good bet -- he's probably not a "player." If you're not really looking for a long-term relationship, please make this clear to him before you get too deeply involved -- his Leo Sun and Aquarius Moon notwithstanding, this is someone who's probably MUCH more sensitive than he might appear on the surface (especially when it comes to matters of the heart) and you just might break his heart if you're not really interested in anything serious.

Now onto the aspects...

Sun square Sun in very close orb -- this is an aspect which facilitates attraction, but it is nonetheless challenging because Taurus and Leo see the world very differently and need different things. That being said, every relationship needs at least one or two challenging aspects to generate growth.

His Sun trine your Venus -- very favorable for romantic attraction.

Your Sun opposite his Jupiter -- also an aspect facilitating attraction. There's a tendency to be overindulgent with each other as a result of good intentions.

Moon conjunct Moon in fairly close orb -- this is considered very favorable for romantic relationships, because you're able to understand each other easily and don't need to explain how you feel about things.

Your Moon opposite his Venus -- a lot of attraction here, but your needs and values might be prone to conflict.

Your Moon trine his Mars -- very favorable because the energies are complementary (especially since it's your Moon with his Mars). Lots of attraction.

Mercury square Mercury -- communication difficulties.

Your Mercury sextile his Mars -- you probably have a lot of very interesting discussions and friendly debates.

Your Venus sextile his Uranus -- keeps the romantic relationship refreshing and stimulating. There's also a lot of tolerance between you.

Your Venus sextile his Neptune -- very romantic energy.

Mars conjunct Mars -- mostly favorable, because this suggests a very vital and energetic relationship including a highly passionate sex life. That being said, it can also suggest a high level of competition between two people and some very heated disagreements if one person's Mars is challenged.

Your Mars square his Saturn at close orb -- I won't lie. This is a real big challenge, one which needs to be handled carefully in order to manage it effectively and beneficially. There's a real "push-you, pull-you" dynamic here, because the energies of Mars and Saturn are very much at odds with each other. Mars says "let's go" -- Saturn says "no." You as the Mars person will need to be mindful of his feelings, while he as Saturn needs to face up to his fears and loosen up of some of his limitations or inhibitions if this is going to work and not degenerate into a pattern of seemingly endless arguments.

His North Node on your IC -- potentially significant since it involves his node of fate and your fourth house. One possible interpretation is that he feels very much "at home" with you (the fourth house represents home and family) and that there's something about this relationship which feels almost fated to him.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
don't forget his Pluto trine your Venus. this is a very binding aspect. you may not see him romantically (yet) but he has his eyes on you. you also have Chiron moon and chiron conjunct mars (is it less than 3°). according to the magi, those are soulmate links.

ChildOfVenus

What about Chiron quincunx Neptune in the Composite Chart? Would that be considered a soulmate aspect as well?
don't forget his Pluto trine your Venus. this is a very binding aspect. you may not see him romantically (yet) but he has his eyes on you. you also have Chiron moon and chiron conjunct mars (is it less than 3°). according to the magi, those are soulmate links.