saturn in 5th house and creativity

theboy

hi guys ive been researching around and find nothing but dull and cold things to say about saturn in 5th house and it boils down to say that its a creative curse and makes a very dull personality, although i am a very outgoing and creative person somehow i feel like these interpretations are not accurate for me

i will say that being a musical artist when it comes to writing songs i take my craft very seriously even though it may seem that i can spontaniously create things out of the blue because of my personality im often battling feelings of perfection when it comes to MY art, however collaborations and spontanality(idk if thats a word) is quite easy for me. almost as if every song i start needs to perfect or every song i make isnt good enough for me even though others think other wise i know mozart has this placement as well maybe i have those genius vibes in me? lol

i will say that i was quite introverted in my childhood due to neglected parenting of some emotions caused by some trauma i experienced but during my teenage years is when i really started coming out and expressing my self now as an adult id say im the opposite of what i was during my childhood and never been more happy and in touch with myself

Attachments

• astro_2gw_02_the_boy.28329.52762.gif
    astro_2gw_02_the_boy.28329.52762.gif
    57.5 KB · Views: 36

muchacho

Saturn usually means a methodical, scientific approach. In your case, Saturn in Aquarius as 5th lord in 5th, that's pretty good. In some way Saturn is more or less the exact opposite of spontaneity. But you have to always judge a chart as a whole. And you've got Jupiter conjunct your ASC, Venus as chart ruler in Sagittarius so that's a big plus on the spontaneity side of the equation.

theboy

yeah definitely i saw that saturn was the ancient ruler of aquarius idk how that manifests or works out but i do know that my art has a very perfectionist side apart from my spontaneity that you mentioned for sure +1 thanks for the input

muchacho

You may want to consider the concept of sect. It may put your entire chart into a different light (pun intended, hehe).

Freya39

hi guys ive been researching around and find nothing but dull and cold things to say about saturn in 5th house and it boils down to say that its a creative curse and makes a very dull personality, although i am a very outgoing and creative person somehow i feel like these interpretations are not accurate for me

i will say that being a musical artist when it comes to writing songs i take my craft very seriously even though it may seem that i can spontaniously create things out of the blue because of my personality im often battling feelings of perfection when it comes to MY art, however collaborations and spontanality(idk if thats a word) is quite easy for me. almost as if every song i start needs to perfect or every song i make isnt good enough for me even though others think other wise i know mozart has this placement as well maybe i have those genius vibes in me? lol

I agree with muchacho “you have to always judge a chart as a whole”. Looking into your chart I have noticed Jupiter conjunct Asc from the 12th house. This is a such a beautiful aspect in my view. Usually shows philosophical outlook.
You seem to have a special tool through which you may like to explore the world. Your vision could help you to do what you like in term of creativity. Jupiter is your rising planet emphasizing your generosity, your wisdom.

Additionally, I have notice that you have the Ascendant in cardinal/ air sing, Libra. If you like you can watch your Astrological Influence for February 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4FfRcU2vHc

jkxx74

Premium Member
Hi op,

Saturn in 5th is not a curse but in the chart Saturn represents what C.G. Jung called "the shadow" which is another word for our less desirable qualities. The 5th is a house ruled by the Sun so it ultimately deals with creative self-expression and with Saturn (planet of "what other people think") you probably have a "they will think this is no good" thought in the back of your mind whenever you do something. That's the negative part of it, the self-defeating thoughts and beliefs that make you feel you are dull and boring whenever 5th house matters are invoked.

The positive is that it is just fears unleashed on you by Saturn and you can always go out and get other people's opinion on whether there's any basis for them. The ones where there is you'll work very hard on reforming, the ones where there's not you get a chance to get a creative perspective on fear which can be used for the greater good (or to help you and other people similarly afflicted) later in life. So the short of it is you have much to gain by confronting your fears and finding out about all the effects they are having on your creativity, both positive and negative.

theboy

yeah i agree with you i do have a philosophical outlook on life and has got me this far in my life in terms of finding my true purpose and i wouldnt have it any other way

thanks i will check that out

theboy

yeah man definitely thats exactly how i feel people could like the things i do but i always have that thought that its not good enough and saturn is known to teach lessons wherever it is placed so i heard, so i can see how im supposed to overcome this lesson although the rest of my chart says im a creative person