Progression pointing towards pregnancy?

Munch

On August 3rd of this year I have some very interesting progressions that I think point towards pregnancy. I don't want to be pregnant and am not trying to be. Initially when I saw these progressions, I took it as a great creative time for me in which I will find a hobby or passion that ends up being very lucrative down the line (which would be awesome!). Now I think it also points towards pregnancy.

My progressed Sun and Moon shall be conjunct in the 5th house as well as progressed Venus conjunct natal Mars in the 5th. Transiting Jupiter trines the sun/moon conjunction from the 9th and natal Saturn is trine it from my 1st.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I can't be sure that I am using progressions correctly here as I have not used them often before.

Thanks!

Attachments

• progressed.jpg
    progressed.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 57

Neptune Rising

Interesting time ahead it looks like! Not sure if it points towards pregnancy... I also look to where the nodes are transiting. The 8th house may relate to conception, the nodes are heading into that house in Placidus (I dont use whole signs). The Venus/Mars progression may relate to meeting a partner if you dont currently have one, not necessarily pregnancy (unless other things happen if you meet the partner). If you have a partner, it may just be a progression in your relationship.

With the Mars progressing square to Uranus, you may have lot of energy available to you. In the 5th house, is may spark your creativity, depends on how you channel that energy, maybe a creative project if not a pregnancy.

As an experiment, check out the asteroid "child". I think its number 55 in astro.com. Maybe check when/if eclipses trigger that point by conjunction, square, opposition... just a thought.

A couple of friends of mine got pregnant when the nodes were transiting in their 5th houses. Where the nodes are, you will find eclipses which act like doorways to evolution and change, relating to the houses they are in and the planets they touch.

Another interesting one to watch in the next few months, maybe unrelated to pregnancy but we'll see, related to the previous lunar eclipse of 10th Dec 2011 at 18 degree Gemini. This is still being triggered by the upcoming Venus transit going retrograde over this point 3 times. This eclipse was opposite your Moon/Venus conjunction. Moon traditonally rules nutruring and in Placidus it rules your 10th house (parenthood). Venus is the depositor of your (Placidus) 5th house ruler. So maybe... But it could also relate to a job, your public standing or priorities, your money, your appearacne or how you present yourself to the world (10th house and ascendant ruler Venus).

I am very curious what that progressed new Moon relates to though, definately a new start at that time, traditionally I can see how it may relate to a pregnancy, or a creative project. I would look to a trigger for that, and there is a lunation at 14 degrees Sag in June, this full Moon sextiles that progressed conjunction.

Sorry I didnt really give you a definate answer either way, just a few observations.

Good luck!

Munch

Hello Neptune! Thank you for your thoughts.

I am in a relationship and we celebrate our official 2 years next month, but have been together closer to three. Currently, Uranus is exactly conjunct my DC and I have no desire to go screaming off into the sunset so I imagine things shall continue to go well. :wink:

As an experiment, check out the asteroid "child". I think its number 55 in astro.com. Maybe check when/if eclipses trigger that point by conjunction, square, opposition... just a thought.
I checked the asteroid is number 4580. It is at 4 degrees Sagittarius in my natal chart. The NN on August 3rd, 2012 is at 4 degrees Sagittarius. Progressed child is conjunct Natal Moon and sextile progressed new moon. Natal sun will also be conjunct Solar Arc MC and Natal MC is in Cancer. (Using August 3, 2012).:whistling:

I don't know if I like how your experiment is shaping up. :biggrin:

Another interesting one to watch in the next few months, maybe unrelated to pregnancy but we'll see, related to the previous lunar eclipse of 10th Dec 2011 at 18 degree Gemini. This is still being triggered by the upcoming Venus transit going retrograde over this point 3 times. This eclipse was opposite your Moon/Venus conjunction. Moon traditonally rules nutruring and in Placidus it rules your 10th house (parenthood). Venus is the depositor of your (Placidus) 5th house ruler. So maybe... But it could also relate to a job, your public standing or priorities, your money, your appearacne or how you present yourself to the world (10th house and ascendant ruler Venus).
I agree with this assessment that it could be work related but only because I have really been digging into myself over the last few weeks to try and figure out what it is that really makes me come alive so that I can pursue that as my career. I'm fed up with dead end jobs and I also have a tendency to want to rebel against authority, but I'm far too nice to actually do that so that energy finds other ways of T-boning me. So, yeah, I'm looking for my passion right now. Maybe I'll find it!

Last edited:

sandstone

Banned
hi munch,

i think the prog data has to dovetail with the natal chart data for one to make predictions off the data.. does the chart suggest a likelihood of having children? these are some of the kinds of questions i would ask of the natal chart before using a predictive chart to get more ideas..

i mostly start by looking at what the angles are doing in the sec prog chart.. i used to work with sec prog charts more, but switched over to solar arc directions somewhere about 10 years ago as i've found them more informative then the sec prog data.. however i like to look at both and more.. the directed angles making connections to planets in the chart will highlight the nature of the planet if anything is being highlighted for the time.. sp midheaven 135 venus and sp ascendant 30 uranus highlight these 2 planets.. a new moon in the sec prog is a strong feature which introduces new themes/beginnings in the 5th house which is a strong creative self expression area to any chart.. all together - sp midheaven to venus puts a focus on the 3rd(the house venus is in), 1st and 8th houses ( the houses ruled by venus), while the sp ascendant to uranus puts a focus on the 2nd house, and 5th if you use modern rulers.. the new moon at 16 aquarius is also in the 5th but aspecting nothing directly, other then the aries point which suggests greater publicity perhaps for you.. overall my take is a focus on finding a way for you to do your own thing (sp mid to first house ruler) and make money in an independent manner (sp asc to uranus in the 2nd) but i think it will continue to take time and a continued focus on your part..a new moon is like a starting point - putting a seed in the ground.. completion/realization of an idea is seen on the full moon phase.. thanks for sharing..

Munch

hi munch,

i think the prog data has to dovetail with the natal chart data for one to make predictions off the data.. does the chart suggest a likelihood of having children? these are some of the kinds of questions i would ask of the natal chart before using a predictive chart to get more ideas..

i mostly start by looking at what the angles are doing in the sec prog chart.. i used to work with sec prog charts more, but switched over to solar arc directions somewhere about 10 years ago as i've found them more informative then the sec prog data.. however i like to look at both and more.. the directed angles making connections to planets in the chart will highlight the nature of the planet if anything is being highlighted for the time.. sp midheaven 135 venus and sp ascendant 30 uranus highlight these 2 planets.. a new moon in the sec prog is a strong feature which introduces new themes/beginnings in the 5th house which is a strong creative self expression area to any chart.. all together - sp midheaven to venus puts a focus on the 3rd(the house venus is in), 1st and 8th houses ( the houses ruled by venus), while the sp ascendant to uranus puts a focus on the 2nd house, and 5th if you use modern rulers.. the new moon at 16 aquarius is also in the 5th but aspecting nothing directly, other then the aries point which suggests greater publicity perhaps for you.. overall my take is a focus on finding a way for you to do your own thing (sp mid to first house ruler) and make money in an independent manner (sp asc to uranus in the 2nd) but i think it will continue to take time and a continued focus on your part..a new moon is like a starting point - putting a seed in the ground.. completion/realization of an idea is seen on the full moon phase.. thanks for sharing..

Again, thank you for your thoughtful response!

I am a little confused by some of your verbiage. For instance, 'sp midheaven 135 venus and sp ascendant 30 uranus highlight these 2 planets.. ' <------ I am not sure what you mean here.

I assume SP means Secondary Progressed, but the SP Midheaven 135 Venus bit has me lost. Could you clarify please so I can better understand your methods? Your insight is always appreciated.

I'm also a bit confused as my progressed Asc is at 28 degrees Libra (exact conjunction to natal POF) and my Progressed MC is at 6 degrees Leo for the time of this chart. Are you using a different one?

As for the potential of pregnancy in my natal chart, I don't really know. I have Moon/Venus/Neptune conjunction in Sagittarius and Singleton Uranus. I am extremely attached to my freedom and the idea of being a mom is not offputting so much as something that I just don't want to be 'burdened' with. Does that mean it won't happen? I don't know. Last year I had some huge medical issues with the reproductive system and am not even sure that I CAN get pregnant and if I did, I don't know if I could carry it to term. In this light, the idea of pregnancy is scarey because it represents some real physical complications for me.

Last edited:

sandstone

Banned
Again, thank you for your thoughtful response!

I am a little confused by some of your verbiage. For instance, 'sp midheaven 135 venus and sp ascendant 30 uranus highlight these 2 planets.. ' <------ I am not sure what you mean here.

hi munch - what i imply here is that if you have an accurate birth time, the movement of the angles in the predictive chart are critical considerations.. sp - shorthand for secondary progressions.. sp midheaven is in a sesquisquare to venus.. that is a 135 degree aspect that i like to use, especially in predictive work when the aspect is very close.. all aspects in these predictive tools i use are less then 1 degree orb.. that is what i pay close attention to. the other one sp ascendant is 30 degrees away from your natal uranus.. what i didn't mention is that your secondary progressed ascendant is moving along at a rate of speed similar to the transiting saturn which i also happened to note.. i suppose it becomes a case of what is this sp asc and saturn transit at 28 libra saying to me here? i ordinarily don't use the 30 degree semisextile aspect except in predictive work where i like to pay attention to it.

I assume SP means Secondary Progressed, but the SP Midheaven 135 Venus bit has me lost. Could you clarify please so I can better understand your methods? Your insight is always appreciated. - hopefully i covered this above!

I'm also a bit confused as my progressed Asc is at 28 degrees Libra (exact conjunction to natal POF) and my Progressed MC is at 6 degrees Leo for the time of this chart. Are you using a different one? no, this is also what i have and am using..

As for the potential of pregnancy in my natal chart, I don't really know. I have Moon/Venus/Neptune conjunction in Sagittarius and Singleton Uranus. I am extremely attached to my freedom and the idea of being a mom is not off putting so much as something that I just don't want to be 'burdened' with. Does that mean it won't happen? I don't know. Last year I had some huge medical issues with the reproductive system and am not even sure that I CAN get pregnant and if I did, I don't know if I could carry it to term. In this light, the idea of pregnancy is scary because it represents some real physical complications for me.

thanks for sharing this munch. i think this area of moon/venus/neptune is the area where having a child might connect to your chart as i see moon/venus having something to do with the fertility and planets supportive of this.. in the sign sag - a fire sign - not so much - in the 3rd - maybe a bit more so - in the 12th to your sun - more so, in the 11th to the 5th house - maybe more so too.. the main question i have on whether you would have children or not is in the saturn rising in libra.. it also happens to rule your 5th.. uranus might have a connection too.. i tend to think your saturn position hangs the idea in the air depending on how you view your relationship largely perhaps. sun in cap in the 4th would support the idea of having children too i suppose.. i am just speaking from how i intuit the symbols.. my take on your chart is that it would hinge on where you were in your relationships, with the sag planets leaning less likely to bring children, the sun in cap in the 4th more, and saturn the deciding planet..

some people have children to cement a relationship. it may be harsh to say this, but i know it is true. i don't think accidents happen so often as we are led to believe.. i think the idea of having children can be a means of strengthening a relationship that is going sideways for example.. these are ideas that hopefully have no relationship to your situation! hopefully i have clarified the questions and it has been fun considering all this astrologically. you might want to get the free morinus software and look into primary directions which was the preferred predictive tool used by astrologers of the past.. i suppose you can keep an eye out for solar return data too, but mostly for me the transit data will highlight much. cheers - james

10 characters.............

Munch

LOL at the 10 characters!

The sesquisquare is an aspect I have never used. Could you tell me more about it.

Thank you so very much for your help, teaching and clarification. Much appreciated!

Why would the 3rd house represent a better chance of fertility than the 2nd and why are you turning the chart to arrive at this conclusion?

I think you are spot on when it comes to Saturn being the decider of me having children. Being a Capricorn (4th no less), security is extremely important to me and raising a child in a fair, warm, calm, peaceful environment would be of the utmost importance to me if I did have one.

Being totally unstable at the moment, the idea of having a child is terrifying, but I suppose most people would feel that way.

BTW, side note, progressed Asc, Saturn conjunct natal POF.....what on earth can that mean??!!?

My thoughts, restrictions all the way around, but a time of gaining personal authority in my life. I wonder, what it means to have my progressed Saturn and Asc moving at the same rate of speed as well.....

Thanks for steering me towards that software. I'll download it when I get home.

Thanks again!

sandstone

Banned
LOL at the 10 characters! - i am glad you knew what that meant! i might have to use it again here, lol..

The sesquisquare is an aspect I have never used. Could you tell me more about it. 135 degrees is the midway point between a square and an opposition.. it is an aspect based off circle divided by 8 - semisquares and extensions.. like all hard aspects (circle divided by- 2, 4, 8, and etc) they seem to connect directly to some type of manifestation on the physical plane.. they are used by some, but not all astrologers in predictive work.. uranian astrology is a type of astrology developed by alfred witte and later reinhold ebertin, who both worked extensively with the hard aspects, 2, and 4 series you are already familiar with, along with the 8th series aspects which include the semisquare and sesquisquare.. using any type of progressed or directed chart has as it's focus some type of predictive work, which is different then say trying to read a natal chart.. the focus is on making predictions thru these different techniques. i use these aspects in a 1 degree or less context..

another helpful idea that doesn't get discussed much, not connected to the use of this 135 hard aspect is the idea that 2 planets or point/planet that comes together in a chart will manifest more in keeping with the way these planets or points/planets are aligned in the chart.. for example,if 2 planets in hard aspect in the natal chart (seen as more difficult) when coming together in the predictive chart, regardless of the nature of the aspect that brings them together with the predictive chart they will reflect the nature of their interaction in the natal chart.. a common thought that i used to have a long time ago was that if it is a 'favourable' aspect like a 120 or 60, then it will imply something favourable, but i don't see it this way anymore.. it hinges on the relationship in the natal chart in how the connections being made thru the predictive chart will manifest.. hopefully i have explained this fairly well here, but if it confuses you, i will give an example next time. i can't recall exactly what i commented on with your chart to get back to that at the moment..

Thank you so very much for your help, teaching and clarification. Much appreciated! - hey thanks!!

Why would the 3rd house represent a better chance of fertility than the 2nd and why are you turning the chart to arrive at this conclusion? well, i am just trying to figure out off the natal chart what the likelihood of pregnancy or the need/desire/interest is in pregnancy as i think it will help me to make a better guess as the likelihood using a predictive tool! sag is considered a more barren sign not so great for having children and this is where both the moon and venus - 2 planets associated closely with fertility - are located.. if i turn the chart it puts these 2 in the 12th house to the sun and i think of the 12th sign as more fertile.. i don't want to draw a straight line from houses to signs, but i do think there are some parallels. without turning the chart, the 2nd would be considered more fertile then the 3rd as i understand it, but most of the concepts handed down on these types of things are shown thru the signs, not the houses.. the main house for children is the 5th and perhaps by opposition the 11th..

I think you are spot on when it comes to Saturn being the decider of me having children. Being a Capricorn (4th no less), security is extremely important to me and raising a child in a fair, warm, calm, peaceful environment would be of the utmost importance to me if I did have one. kudos to you for having that type of attitude, but then i sensed that already about you!

Being totally unstable at the moment, the idea of having a child is terrifying, but I suppose most people would feel that way. one would hope, but i don't know if that is the case..

BTW, side note, progressed Asc, Saturn conjunct natal POF.....what on earth can that mean??!!? good question.. for me the pof is the angle between the sun and moon, thrown off the ascendant(depending on night or day birth) and put into a symbol on the chart.. if you understand the basis for the symbol, then you see how this angle relationship is being echoed by putting it off the ascendant in your natal chart.. the distance is now put down into a sign and house in the natal chart as opposed to only reflecting the sun/moon distance without any immediate connection to the chart.. wow, that was wordy, but if you understand what the pof is, it will really help to think about what it could mean with a predictive instrument highlighting this point in some way..

i just looked at your chart now.. the distance from moon to sun is about 23 degrees, right? the distance from your ascendant to the pof is 23 degrees too.. that is taking the distance between sun/moon and extending if off the ascendant into a sign and house.. if you had have been born in the day, it would have been the same distance 23 degrees, but in the opposite direction off the ascendant.. to me the meaning is like some type of echo that is being recreated somehow, but one would have to bring it back to the natal chart somehow.. sun/moon phase in your chart is balsamic, more 'end of cycle' dispersing the wisdom from the full moon prior to birth and perhaps also gathering energy in anticipation of the new cycle that you asked about earlier that shows up in the sec prog chart.. saturn is in a strong place in your chart in mostly a good way as i understand it, especially as you get older, not so much perhaps growing up - this is how i see saturn - maturing with age in a good way like a fine wine, but not good to the taste in the early phase of life! i think the connection here might help clarify things for you going forward in terms of long term plans, the direction you would like to see you life take moving forward and stuff like this.. but maybe someone else would see it differently!

My thoughts, restrictions all the way around, but a time of gaining personal authority in my life. I wonder, what it means to have my progressed Saturn and Asc moving at the same rate of speed as well..... - if you start looking at different types of predictive charts, you will be able to see all sorts of patterns.. everything has to come back to the natal chart and using it as a guide to understand how you might be able to transcend the natal chart to gain a level of freedom, peace and happiness that is only possible by reaching some type of awakening, which is where i think we are all headed.. i know it sounds pie in the sky, but it is how i see life and where we are going.. i suppose i am an idealist still! short answer to your question - it is like another echo - amplifying where saturn is located in your chart.. don't want to let the echos distract ya too much!!!!

Thanks for steering me towards that software. I'll download it when I get home.

Thanks again!

my pleasure munch,
james

Last edited: