Difficult Relationship with children

Can you tell from the chart if you will have a difficult relationship with your children. I know naturally we all will have some conflicts, but does anything specifically show for real relationship problems with a child or children.

I nearly forgot my own input. Lucky for the reminder. 5th house planets naturally, because this house rules children in the natal chart. If planets in the 5th house are challenged can these mean some stress with children.

Venus in 5th says good relationship with children but in my case I have Venus in 5th square Pluto it makes other good aspects. Do the benefics (Venus, Jupiter) generally describe a good relationship. I know synastry needs to be analysed.

What about Saturn in 5th how do you feel this is interpreted, is all about responsibility and maybe the parent feeling burdened by children or frustrated.

Uranus at time can indicate being separated from children, is there a powerful need for freedom of expression and space which leads to separation from children in a few cases.

Britney Spears has Moon in Aquarius 5th do you think this involves the separation from her children. I can't remember the aspects to her Moon. Step-children can be indicated at times by a 5th house Uranus.

Is there anywhere else you look to in the chart concerning relationships with children?

lodals

What an interesting thread! Being an astrolgy novice I can't answer your question but thanks for bringing it up! I hadn't even thought of looking at my chart for this but it certainly rings true for me. I have Aries on my 5th house cusp and Jupiter posited there. Jupiter squares my Mars/Uranus among other things and I have been separated from all three of my children at one time or another because of work committments!

R4VEN

Shining Ray said:
Can you tell from the chart if you will have a difficult relationship with your children. I know naturally we all will have some conflicts, but does anything specifically show for real relationship problems with a child or children.

I nearly forgot my own input. Lucky for the reminder. 5th house planets naturally, because this house rules children in the natal chart. If planets in the 5th house are challenged can these mean some stress with children.

Venus in 5th says good relationship with children but in my case I have Venus in 5th square Pluto it makes other good aspects. Do the benefics (Venus, Jupiter) generally describe a good relationship. I know synastry needs to be analysed.

What about Saturn in 5th how do you feel this is interpreted, is all about responsibility and maybe the parent feeling burdened by children or frustrated.

Uranus at time can indicate being separated from children, is there a powerful need for freedom of expression and space which leads to separation from children in a few cases.

Britney Spears has Moon in Aquarius 5th do you think this involves the separation from her children. I can't remember the aspects to her Moon. Step-children can be indicated at times by a 5th house Uranus.

Is there anywhere else you look to in the chart concerning relationships with children?
This is an interesting question, Shining Ray.

The answers may vary I think, so this could be an interesting discussion.

I would say that Venus in the 5th can be an indication of a smooth and loving relationship with one's children. It could also be an indication of creative/artistic children.

Jupiter can describe lucky children, or a good and open relationship with them.

As I understand it Uranus in the 5th is more likely to describe rebellious, brilliant or unusual children.

Saturn in the 5th could be an indication of conservative and hard-working children, but I believe the most likely interpretaion is that the native will experience their children as a burden, or a responsibility. This will not be about the children, but more to do with how the native experiences them.

Moon in 5th is a tricky one. Fluctuating circumstances perhaps. My son has moon in 5th, and has had the mother of his child take the child from him twice in the past year - but he has tr. Uranus passing through the 5th, so it's not so much about the moon as it is about the upsetting effects of the Uranus transit. Definitely a loving parents to their children if moon is well aspected. The types of parents they become can be determined by both moon sign and aspects to the moon. My brother has moon conj Pluto in Leo in 5th. When his kids were small he'd talk and talk and talk about them - all fatherly pride (Leo) but boring to others!!

I had a very difficult r/ship with one of my children whilst he was growing up. Uranus in 5th for me. He was `unusual' to say the least - and rebellious.

Pluto in 5th can describe a karmic situation with one's children, so this may not always be easy. Often people with Pluto in 5th don't actually understand their children, or a child of theirs - there is a lesson in here for the parent.

Astrologer4U

Good thread indeed...

I have Pluto and Uranus in the 5th house but they are not conjunct.

The important aspects to Pluto... Pluto is square Saturn, Trine Venus, sextile Neptune, Oppose Chiron

Uranus is trine AC, trine MC, trine Saturn, Oppose Mars, Square Mercury, Square Sun.

Can anyone guess at what kind of issues I have concerning children? I will give you some hints that may point you into the right direction. I have one child of my own and I also have a family daycare where I take care of other peoples children.

Watersign

I have no planets but virgo and leo in fifth. The rulers of virgo and leo are in the seventh house. Does that mean my child is my husband?

R4VEN

Watersign said:
I have no planets but virgo and leo in fifth. The rulers of virgo and leo are in the seventh house. Does that mean my child is my husband?
Hah!!! Brilliant!

In the first instance, I'd say yes! He's your trial run, and if you can cope with him, then a child would be a doddle.

Watersign

So that could apply? How interesting. He is a delightful child even though he is 41. He buys toys every week and watches cartoons avidly. I had to accept that he is a child to learn to appreciate him.

Leon

The ruler of my fifth house is Rx Jupiter, and it's in the twelfth house. Venus along with Uranus is in the fifth house too.

Jupiter is in opposition to Saturn and Neptune.

Would these placements suggest one who doesn't care to have children? Back when I was a child I remember telling myself I'm not ever going to have kids, and the thought is still here. I plan not to intentionally make any.

R4VEN

Leon said:
Would these placements suggest one who doesn't care to have children? Back when I was a child I remember telling myself I'm not ever going to have kids, and the thought is still here. I plan not to intentionally make any.
It can certainly signify one who doesn't want to have any, but you just may find one turning up anyway.......... I'm thinking of the Uranus in the 5th, which just could create something you don't expect in that department.

Leon

R4VEN said:
It can certainly signify one who doesn't want to have any, but you just may find one turning up anyway.......... I'm thinking of the Uranus in the 5th, which just could create something you don't expect in that department.
Ah yes, Uranus a need for freedom. Children hold people down. The planet also gives unexpected surprises.:mad:

The fifth house of lovers and children is ruled by the twelfth house of enemies. Are we looking at being stuck "raising" an "accident" with someone who I wasn't serious about?:mad:

R4VEN

Leon said:
Ah yes, Uranus a need for freedom. Children hold people down. The planet also gives unexpected surprises.:mad:

The fifth house of lovers and children is ruled by the twelfth house of enemies. Are we looking at being stuck "raising" an "accident" with someone who I wasn't serious about?:mad:
For your sake, Leon, I hope not!! But it happens!!!

(FWIW, my grandson was a mistake/accident which occurred when my son had a liaison - can't be called a r/ship - with a much younger woman. That child is what my son needed - to ground him on the planet and to give him a reason to stay here. He's the best thing that happened to my family, at least. Not all `accidents' are accidents, if you get my drift.)

Astrologer4U

Leon said:
The ruler of my fifth house is Rx Jupiter, and it's in the twelfth house. Venus along with Uranus is in the fifth house too.

Jupiter is in opposition to Saturn and Neptune.

If Jupiter is making connections to the planet ruling your 5th, particularly an opposition, I think you would be subject to a change of mind. Saturn opposing the planet ruling your 5th just say's to me that, you battle between maturity and immaturity when it comes to rationalized thoughts on having children. The maturer you get, the more you will probably change your mind about having kids.

On a side not, Leo, clear some of your messages from your box, your message box is full and will not allow you to recieve any new messages.

Astrologer4U

R4VEN

A very simple - and this time, serious - look at your chart, Watersign, tells me that with Leo ruling the 5th house, there is `life' in your 5th house. This could pertain tto any creative effort you may pursue - including children.

Astrologer4U

Watersign said:
It should be below.;)

If we work from your 5th house, we end up in your 6th house of service and health ending at Uranus. I can definately see how your husband would be your child, almost in a nurse and patient kind of way. :) How long have you been married? I ask because if your husband is ending up in your 6th, Pluto is also an influence of that house and it is out of balance with Uranus.

Astrologer4U

Watersign

Thanks for checking my chart out. I have post traumatic stress from my childhood so I have real trouble coping with kids because they remind me of the helpless kid that I was. Also sudden noises frighten the hell out of me so I really don't think kids are a good idea for me. Thanks for telling me there's life in my fifth house. I look at my chart and see a lot of hard aspects with the exception of my seventh house and perhaps my tenth house. I really am struggling to understand what my natal chart is trying to tell me. I would really be grateful for any input or illumination:D .

Leon

R4VEN said:
For your sake, Leon, I hope not!! But it happens!!!

(FWIW, my grandson was a mistake/accident which occurred when my son had a liaison - can't be called a r/ship - with a much younger woman. That child is what my son needed - to ground him on the planet and to give him a reason to stay here. He's the best thing that happened to my family, at least. Not all `accidents' are accidents, if you get my drift.)
Venus in the 5th house. Would this suggest that having that "accident" along with hanging around a permanent lover wouldn't be as bad as I thought it would be, and I might even get pleasure from it?:confused::mad:

Watersign

Astrologer4U said:
If we work from your 5th house, we end up in your 6th house of service and health ending at Uranus. I can definately see how your husband would be your child, almost in a nurse and patient kind of way. :) How long have you been married? I ask because if your husband is ending up in your 6th, Pluto is also an influence of that house and it is out of balance with Uranus.

Please let me know how we end up in the sixth? I do apologize for being such a newbie. I've been married since 1991 but it has been a platonic marriage. Here's his chart if it helps.
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?go.x=15;go.x=13;rs=3;btyp=w2gw;cid=y2hfileWKdfyN-u1165899085;go.y=12;go.y=9;nhor=3;nho2=3

Also my health causes me grief everyday. I look to the sixth house a lot to try and understand how to fix this.

Thanks for any wisdom you may choose to share.

R4VEN

Watersign said:
Astrologer4U said:

Please let me know how we end up in the sixth? I do apologize for being such a newbie. I've been married since 1991 but it has been a platonic marriage. Here's his chart if it helps.
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?go.x=15;go.x=13;rs=3;btyp=w2gw;cid=y2hfileWKdfyN-u1165899085;go.y=12;go.y=9;nhor=3;nho2=3

Also my health causes me grief everyday. I look to the sixth house a lot to try and understand how to fix this.

Thanks for any wisdom you may choose to share.
There's a lot of stress in your chart, and I don't wish to overwhelm you with details, but you have what appears to be:
  • a mutable Cross involving Moon in Pisces, Pluto in Libra, Venus in Capricorn, and Saturn in Cancer. Just the Pluto squ Saturn is very tough, and points to difficulties in early life which flow over into adulthood.
  • a T-square involving your Uranus opposition to Mars and Chiron all squaring your Cap MC. This T-square is currently being `activated' by tr Pluto's conjunction to your Venus.
  • You also have interceptions of Libra-Aries in 6th and 12th houses, so the affairs of these houses are forever being highlighted for your attention.
On a happier note, no-one is ever given a life which they are not capable of dealing with - no-one. Having said that, many believe they can't handle what has happened to them, but astrology teaches me that everything eventually passes.
Also, having a child-like husband is a blessing in disguise. Often we have children in order to heal something in our own childhood. Given that is not going to be easy for you, you have instead chosen a child-like man. Hoepfully you can learn - through him - to play again, and to feel safe.