Almuten figuris

conspiracy theorist

Hello to you all,

I'm trying to pinpoint which of my planets is the almuten figuris. I've hit a roadblock as it's come down to two planets - Mars and Jupiter. The thing is if I go with the ptolemy triplicities Mars edges out but if I use the Dorothean triplicities Jupiter is the winner.

It is said that if Mars is almuten figuris that, " He will Fight in order to dominate"
whilst with Jupiter, "He will philosophize and teach". Looking at them both I feel more "stirred" by the Martial description. Even so Jupiter does and rules so much in my chart that it feels more natural to deem him the almuten figuris.

So which one should I go with, in your opinion?

Also, is anyone here aware of how to "contact" the planet who is almuten figuris?

JUPITERASC

Hello to you all,

I'm trying to pinpoint which of my planets is the almuten figuris. I've hit a roadblock as it's come down to two planets - Mars and Jupiter. The thing is if I go with the ptolemy triplicities Mars edges out but if I use the Dorothean triplicities Jupiter is the winner.

It is said that if Mars is almuten figuris that, " He will Fight in order to dominate"
whilst with Jupiter, "He will philosophize and teach". Looking at them both I feel more "stirred" by the Martial description. Even so Jupiter does and rules so much in my chart that it feels more natural to deem him the almuten figuris.

Also, is anyone here aware of how to "contact" the planet who is almuten figuris?
check out Christopher Warnock https://www.blogger.com/profile/09094986897516229481 :smile:

conspiracy theorist

It's hard to differentiate them because the 2 of them are both conjunct the ascendant, so there outcomes will be geared towards the same areas.

At least in your case they are in slightly more different areas so it might be easier for you to decide which one "wins".

david starling

Hello to you all,

Check out "Propitiation". Or, just pray to whatever god or goddess it is. Like they used to. ("Zeus give me strength!") Not joking.

Last edited:

tikana

Hello to you all,

whichever planet is the strngest that is the planet you go with
9 out of 10 it is mars because mars is exalted

conspiracy theorist

whichever planet is the strngest that is the planet you go with
9 out of 10 it is mars because mars is exalted

This question was asked in relation to my natal chart. Mars isn't quite exalted but its at 28 Sagittarius with Jupiter at 21 Sagittarius and ascendant at 26 Sagittarius. Going by your suggestion, my almuten figuris would be Jupiter.

tsmall

Premium Member
Hello to you all,

I have the same problem, with the same two planets. Well, not exactly the same problem because I discarded Ptolemy's triplicities a long time ago, for the same reason I discarded Morin's. They don't match with the broader body of astrology. Mine isn't a triplicity problem, it's a dignity problem. I challenge you to do what I did, and put on your thinking cap. Which planet agrees with the sect of the chart? ;)

That delves into astrological magic and talismans. I think Odds would be your best bet, maybe a pm? Otherwise you can look into those.

conspiracy theorist

I have the same problem, with the same two planets. Well, not exactly the same problem because I discarded Ptolemy's triplicities a long time ago, for the same reason I discarded Morin's. They don't match with the broader body of astrology. Mine isn't a triplicity problem, it's a dignity problem. I challenge you to do what I did, and put on your thinking cap. Which planet agrees with the sect of the chart? ;)

Since this thread has come back to the fore, I looked at the almuten figuris as the "star" that guides your life. And upon reflection, I see that I've been thwarted or at least hindered from pursuing a Martial path and pushed towards a Jovian path.

I was very sporty as a young kid and if circumstances allowed it, I would have been a professional athlete. Secrets kept from me as well as my nonchalance towards my abilities has resulted in me being one of the many "star athletes that never were". I also wanted to be a soldier but that desire has waned over the years, although it isn't totally out of the picture.

However, Jupiter is plastering himself everywhere in my life and I'm not blind. So I'll see where the greater benefic leads me.

That delves into astrological magic and talismans. I think Odds would be your best bet, maybe a pm? Otherwise you can look into those.

Since the thread was created, I've decided to take a different approach to contacting the higher spheres. It's a part of that Jovian path I've alluded to earlier.

david starling

Since this thread has come back to the fore, I looked at the almuten figuris as the "star" that guides your life. And upon reflection, I see that I've been thwarted or at least hindered from pursuing a Martial path and pushed towards a Jovian path.

I was very sporty as a young kid and if circumstances allowed it, I would have been a professional athlete. Secrets kept from me as well as my nonchalance towards my abilities has resulted in me being one of the many "star athletes that never were". I also wanted to be a soldier but that desire has waned over the years, although it isn't totally out of the picture.

However, Jupiter is plastering himself everywhere in my life and I'm not blind. So I'll see where the greater benefic leads me.

Since the thread was created, I've decided to take a different approach to contacting the higher spheres. It's a part of that Jovian path I've alluded to earlier.

Based on the Ancient-Greek religion, soldier would be Ares (Mars); athlete would be Zeus (Olympiad) and/or his son Apollo (Pythian Games)--3 of the 5 Olympian circles, top row, represented two successive Olmpiad-years dedicated to Zeus flanking the more personal and sacred Pythian Games dedicated to Apollo.

graay ghost

I have a question on this topic but I'm not sure if it should go here.

Astrofox has an Amulten Figuris in its calculator. Is it accurate under any formula?

tsmall

Premium Member
I have a question on this topic but I'm not sure if it should go here.

Astrofox has an Amulten Figuris in its calculator. Is it accurate under any formula?

I'm not familiar with what they use to calculate the AF. The best thing you could do is learn how to calculate it yourself, and then check. What I have found is that even the best software still basically uses a point scoring system, sometimes leaves out important things, and may not be accurate.

graay ghost

I'm not familiar with what they use to calculate the AF. The best thing you could do is learn how to calculate it yourself, and then check. What I have found is that even the best software still basically uses a point scoring system, sometimes leaves out important things, and may not be accurate.

But if it's a matter of calculating, shouldn't a computer be able to do it?

I remember trying to calculate it myself and it came down to whether I wanted to consider my moon in the 8th or 9th house. If it was 9th, I should have moon as almuten. 8th, it'd be Jupiter. I'm still not entirely sure what all this would mean, though, anyway :pouty:

conspiracy theorist

I read the article and actually did use the method that they advocated -- around the same time last year too. I wrote the name using english characters which resulted in a cringeworthy mess. I'll be sure to write them in hebrew next time.

Dirius

Hello to you all,

Jupiter is in its own sign, there is no doubt it would be the almuten figuris.

Remember that the +5/+4/+3/etc. strength table is only a guideline. I personally dislike the formula of bonatti, because, for a example, a planet in rulership would still be stronger than one in triplicity/term combined, even if the number is the same.

There is no mistake that rulership is stronger than any other essential dignity. And don't just go by the description of the planet itself, Mars is still on the Ascending sign, so it is clear it will be of great influence too.