Jupiter in Sagittarius

Summery Joy

Ladies and gentlement,

It gives me great pleasure to announce that, for the first time in 12 years, Jupiter will be moving to Sagittarius, its sign of major dignity. This should happen in late November, on the 23rd I believe

First, allow me to express my personal happiness with such fine transit after the crappy ones that we've been having lately...

YOoOoOoOoOoOoO HOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Can you tell that I'm ecstatic? Finally, something good that'll last for longer than a couple of months. I hope it can cross off some of the effects of Saturn in Leo.

Now, I think this should be a good thread to discuss the mundane effects of this transit as well as its personal effect on natal charts as it transits so happily through the natal houses.

My my whole 7th house will be blessed with this transits (cusp on Sag 0:59) as well as a portion of the 8th before it moves to Capricorn there. Any insights what that should mean?

freedomlover

Jupiter will be transiting my 11th and 12 houses. My south node is conjunct my sun in Sag in 11th, and true node in Gemini in 5th. Also, in the 12th, Jupiter will be transiting my "all-squared-up" Mercury retrograde. It will be opposing my natal Jupiter in Gemini, as well. Hmmm.... Jupiter opposite Jupiter? I'm still kindofa newbie at transits. What would that mean?

Arian Maverick

It will be opposing my natal Jupiter in Gemini, as well. Hmmm.... Jupiter opposite Jupiter?

Oh my goodness! :eek:

In my excitement of Jupiter entering the sign of its rulership, I nearly forgot that this transit will oppose my natal Jupiter as well! Hopefully, I'll have some time to research this matter tonight...

Arian Maverick

AquariusMoon

sorehearted said:
Can you tell that I'm ecstatic? Finally, something good that'll last for longer than a couple of months. I hope it can cross off some of the effects of Saturn in Leo.

Hi, Sorehearted :) Excellent subject!

Jupiter in Sagittarius will be a welcome relief from Jupiter in Scorpio. It was too bad that Jupiter in Scorpio was part of the T-square with Saturn and Neptune for much of '06. I lucked out because it trined my Venus and tr Uranus making a grand trine three times and brought me much luck.

Jupiter in Sagittarius is going to be great for those with fire planets and will eventually trine transiting Saturn along with its conjuntion to transiting Pluto. Jupiter will conjunct my Asc three times, plus it will trine my IC as well as natal Jupiter and Pluto at about the time of its conjunction with transiting Pluto. In fact, it will bring lots of good energy most of next year to both my chart and my boyfriend's chart.

After experiencing tr Pluto in H1 or to the house of their Sun for so many years, Jupiter transiting Sagittarius and crossing the Galactic Center has the potential to be like a rebirth for many Sagittarian Sun and Sagittarius rising people especially since this is near the end of Pluto's transit to Sagittarius. I'm hopeful that some of the things that have been lost or destroyed during this long and tumultuous Plutonian process will be restored to one and all.

AqMoon

Summery Joy

I'm not only interested in Jupiter's transits to natal houses and planetary placements. I'm mainly interested in those transits with Jupiter so powerfully dignified.

When Jupiter was in Gemini years ago, I had no knowledge of astrology and didn't know why that year was so horrible for me. Now I think that some of it might have been caused by that detrimental transit of Jupiter in my first house. I mean, Jupiter in the 1st house should be a good thing, but that transit was just.. *shudders for the sheer memory*.

AquariusMoon

sorehearted said:
I'm not only interested in Jupiter's transits to natal houses and planetary placements. I'm mainly interested in those transits with Jupiter so powerfully dignified.

When Jupiter was in Gemini years ago, I had no knowledge of astrology and didn't know why that year was so horrible for me. Now I think that some of it might have been caused by that detrimental transit of Jupiter in my first house. I mean, Jupiter in the 1st house should be a good thing, but that transit was just.. *shudders for the sheer memory*.

What a shame, Sorehearted. You sounded excited about having Jupiter in your H7. I'm surprised to hear that Jupiter in your H1 was so bad. Is that where your Achilles heel is in your chart, a sensitive spot? I've had some bad Jupiter transits, and so has everyone. Especially memorable for me was when tr Jupiter met up with tr Pluto and squared natal Jupiter/Pluto from H12. Jupiter will expand in either direction depending on the aspect, that's for sure, though not all Jupiter squares or oppositions are bad ones. Like Jupiter can make one want to relax or be lazy when it opposes Venus.

No, Jupiter in H1 isn't automatically a great transit for everyone, all 12 signs, and not even for all Sagittarius rising or Sun people either. It can't be if their H1 or Sun makes harsh aspect/s to natal planet/s or point/s. For some it will be a mixed bag, just like how Jupiter in Scorpio has been.

For me, Jupiter is all over my chart. It's my chart ruler, so I'm very sensitive to transits of Jupiter. My Jupiter is in Leo in H8. Leo rules H5. So that's a good combo for Jupiter. Jupiter in Leo is known for its generosity, which is usually reciprocated by others, and also for its playfulness. My H8 Jupiter is cj na Pluto, and both make a sextile to H10 Neptune, which is a good placement for manifesting desires. My career happens to fall under the rulership of Jupiter. Jupiter is one of my H8 planets, so it partially describes those I share resources with. Jupiter is connected to H6 and H9 through its dispositorship. Having a Sagittarius Asc makes it likely for one to feel naturally optimistic, so may see goodness in things that others would not. Consequently, there can be an oversensitivity to negativity, pessimism and restriction.

AqMoon

Summery Joy

Erm.. off point here, I know, but what's Achilles heel? Maybe I should start another thread so that this one won't get diverted from its original topic.

EDIT: I did create another thread in the Natal Astrology forum entitled "What's Achilles heel?".

Last edited:

pisceskitty

Sagittarius is on my third house cusp. Neptune/Ceres/juno are all in Sagittarius[in the 2ndH] I have no idea what the outcome will be. I have my Moon/Vesta/Saturn all in Gemini. I guess I'll have to wait and see how Jupiter will affect it's opposite sign.

Francesca

Well, I'll have to look at my natal and see what will happen to me, but I know what I hope will happen to you, Sorehearted. In your 7th, come on, don't be coy.

Manic_Monday

I have Sag rising, so Jupiter will transit my ascendant (28 degrees). But first it will go through my 12th house.

Jupiter square Jupiter, is that bad too?

AquariusMoon

Manic_Monday said:
I have Sag rising, so Jupiter will transit my ascendant (28 degrees). But first it will go through my 12th house.

Jupiter square Jupiter, is that bad too?

Jupiter transits can be good, even the squares. It depends on the chart, the chart ruler, which houses the transit is in, what other transits are going on. It was bad for me because tr Jupiter was cj tr Pluto at the time and squaring the same in H8. This was when I was married. My husband had a problem at his office that affected me.

This is one interpretation of Jupiter Square Jupiter:

A great eagerness to expand, to go beyond your current situation, to enlarge your life, and to have, do, or be MORE comes over you during this period. You are noticing where you have limited yourself and sensing much greater possibilities. The gambler in you may come to the fore; you want to take your chances, to try your luck. If you are usually excessively cautious, prudent, and constricted, this can be just what you need to open up, to dream bigger, and to allow yourself a larger life. But "too much of a good thing" also characterizes this time, so avoid overdoing it.

Financial and business activities may surge now, and you are thus inclined to expand and invest. However, your hopes and expectations may be somewhat greater than is warranted. Temper your optimism with common sense.

Positive Potentials:

Increased confidence, generosity, and openness to large possibilities. Enthusiasm, growth, expansion, positive expectation. Fortunate developments and promotions in the professional or business world. Intellectual growth, learning, travel, meeting people with vastly different cultural, religious, or philosophical attitudes who broaden your experience and understanding.

Negative Potentials:

Conflicts in legal, financial, professional, or philosophical realms. Exaggerated claims and promises. Sloppiness, over-optimism, taking on or promising more than you can actually accomplish.

Remedies and Suggestions:

Look around and see where you can step out and satisfy your urge for a greater sense of freedom. Look at the areas of yourself or your life that have been neglected or undeveloped (your spirit, your relationships, your work and goals, your physical body) and begin to address the imbalance.

Bring humor and tolerance to situations that involve differing opinions or philosophical conflicts. Carefully evaluate any business or investment "opportunity" that comes your way now, and check out your motives. If you're trying to get something for nothing, this can be disastrous.

Summery Joy

Francesca said:
Well, I'll have to look at my natal and see what will happen to me, but I know what I hope will happen to you, Sorehearted. In your 7th, come on, don't be coy.

LOL. I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too high. I've been having a really rough patch since late 2002 and I don't wanna get disappointed again.

Last edited:

balefully

Sag rising here. Life is on a big roller coaster ride for many years..
I'm really looking forward to this transit to lift up that tension and bring back the sunshine again!

cara4art

Should be good for me, and this is even after the recent transiting Jupiter(in Scorpio) trine transiting Uranus(Pisces). For me, Sag starts in my 9th house, and straddles my 10th! And for my husband, Jupiter is hitting his IC(fortunate move, as you will hear about shortly here!). As you might have read on other posts here on this board, I despaired of ever being able to relocate from the village that I was living in in north-central New Mexico, beautiful and peaceful as it was - I had been feeling stuck and there seemed to be no immediate way out, or the way out wouldn't have been enough of a change for me, or prohibitively expensive, UNTIL the effects of the transiting Jupiter-Uranus trine kicked in! During this period, which began mid-summer, we were tipped off by a relative in the Bay Area about a very good apartment management job in San Francisco(our beloved, but very expensive to rent in)city. After extensive telephone interviewing from New Mexico with the building owner, and sending him a couple of short video clips on a CD, and some fits and starts about coming out to interview, also at one point he contacted us to tell us that he had found someone nearer by, which we could understand. So we were contemplating our alternatives(not many), and a couple of weeks later I got the strong intuition with nothing material to indicate this that he was going to contact us again about the job. Well, two days later, he did contact us and wanted to know if we wished to come out so he could see us for a few minutes in person, and that he had no other people on board for the job. Turned out that the person whom he had hired had a cat that she wouldn't get rid of, and the job description specifically indicated no pets of any kind. So a few days later, we drove out to San Francisco, and from there on everything went very smoothly, including a friend of ours who happened to be away from her apartment, so we could stay there for a few days. Our interview went very well, and on our way back to New Mexico, we got the word that we had been accepted for the position. In the space of 18 days, my husband was able to sell his truck to one of his clients, unload a bunch of stuff to some other people who could use it, my aunt sent us a check for 5 grand to help us out with the move, and hubby picked up 6 grand from a last chance photo sale and show at our local community center.
Astrologically, tr. Jupiter was in my 8th house, nearing my natal Jupiter placement at 18 Scorpio, and tr. Uranus is in my 1st house, having squared Venus on and off for a bit. HUGE lucky break here, with "other people's money" and an amazing happening to facilitate a fortunate move that otherwise wouldn't have been able to happen. We moved to San Francisco almost seven weeks ago, and have been just THRILLED ever since. Everything has gone so-o smoothly down to the fortunate acquisition of some goods and services for astoundingly good deals, making the whole move/transition process way easier and less expensive than we thought. As managers of this apartment building(18 units, has been a family-owned building for the last 50 years or so)we get our apartment for free, as well as an indoor parking spot, which is worth its weight in gold here in San Francisco. I am SO-O happy to be back near the ocean, and the multicultural riches of the Bay Area! We are in an excellent area of the city on the northern end, just over a half-mile away from the bay, and a little over a mile to the Golden Gate National Recreational Area, which is rich in open space and natural beauty! I have been in a perpetual state of "Pinch me - I must be dreaming!" We love our apartment, and it is so-o convenient to public transport and all kinds of immediate neighborhood stuff too. We have been having an electrifying time with attending lots of outdoor free stuff with countercultural types of people, and we have for the first time, industrial-strength wireless high-speed internet, which has opened a treasure-trove of stuff for us! YA-AY!
So with all that, I think we're on the up-and-up, a tremendous amount of energy has been set free, and we are enjoying every moment of our new life as recent returnees to San Francisco(we lived here for 17 years before moving out to New Mexico in mid-94).
Tr. Jupiter will go on to trine my Leo stellium in the 6th house of Saturn, Pluto, and the Moon.

pisceskitty

Hola:)

I don't know for some reason, i'm not worried too much about that opposition to my moon in the 9th. I can't believe me, Mrs. Doom is saying something so positive! I believe my realtions with women will improve. My relationship with my mother is a bit scattered right now, but again i'm not too worried. Me and my ex-husband have been getting along really well, and we've ironed out the situation as far as the custody of our son. His new wife, has been emailing me alot more, and asking me for advice..which is really strange. She seems to be leaning on me way too much! I just mind my buisness, and keep my mouth SHUT! I've been through enough, with the death of my grandmother last september; employment woes; divorce; crummy love-life; having to move into a homeless shelter briefly; having my once drug-addicted mother come back into my life....I mean, the list goes on, and on...

I'm just at the point in my life, where I'm tired of the drama; Tired of living in the past, and ready to move forward. Whatever happens, happens. All I can do, is be the best pisceskitty I can be. I'm just really tired of being scared, and worried all of the time. For the first time in a looooong time, I'm excited about the future. I can honestly say: I'm really proud of myself.:)

With all that said, Jupiter in sag., will sextile my natal jupiter in the fourth; Sextile my libra asc; sextile uranus in my first; sextile Pluto in the 12th; sextile Saturn in the 8th..hopefully it won't be all hell and fire!

Last edited:

steel

so...in end of decembre 2007 there will be the jupiter / pluto/ galactic center conjunction.....in arabian astrology jupiter and venus have very different significance than the midevil based astrology of the euroez......perception and translation are curious factors...just what denotes significance?..is it relative to the perceiver?...and then, what of this demoting of pluto...wonder what the ole boyz club is so frightened of? i mean really, trying to regulate one of the spheres like that.....perhaps these were another troupe of the bush administration, out doing misinformation kreig......so children, what do you think?.......................bis danne,steel

Summery Joy

charmvirgo said:
Sorehearted,
Tell me what planets will be aspected by Jupiter and I will look this up. My book does not give info for planet's transits through houses (except for Sun and Moon), only info for the aspects made by the transits.

It should trine my Leo stellium in the 3rd and 4th.

Check out for yourself though,

My data is
15 August 1979
12:30 am GMT+3 (Daylight saving's time on)
Cairo, Egypt 30n03, 1e15

Thanks in advance.

Howl

Soon Jupiter will move into my Fifth House (yeeehah!). Around December, close to my birthday :), as Jupiter enters the first degree of Saggie it will:

conjunct my Uranus (5H)
trine My Venus (7H)
and a few degrees later, oppose my Moon (11H)

I am expecting crazy, social, playful, interpersonal, emotional things!

I haven't paid attention to when it will conjunct my Sun/Mercury (18 saggie), my Neptune (24Saggie) and sextile my Saturn (19Libra) and Pluto (24Libra). These should also prove interesting. All in all, I have much Jupiterianess to look forward to!

Go Jupiter in the Fifth! :D

Last edited: